I really like this boss....

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Meriem.3504

Meriem.3504

I like pretty much how the whole fight worked and the fact it used the environment itself on us. This was IMO a step in the right direction for boss creation!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fernshade.9016

Fernshade.9016

Hear hear! New Tequatl is my favorite and best boss fight in the game.

Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck [ICEE]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Tequatl is a spectacularly satisfying fight if you have a large, well-organized group. He does require a ton of planning, however, and a willingness to spend a much higher-than-usual amount of time waiting/preparing for the action.

If you don’t, it’s likely to be a frustrating disaster, as anyone who got stuck on an unorganized server/overflow during Boss Week can surely attest.

You really can’t get much more “It’s not for everyone,” than Tequatl has demonstrated himself to be. The people who love it seem to love it, and the people who hate it seem to hate it. Given the frequency of new content, the variety of that content, and the variety of things to do in the game already, I think polarizing content is okay. Personally, I’m an enormous fan of boss fights, and Tequatl take the normal world boss formula and cranks it up to eleven.

There will always be people who “want to do everything,” but, more realistically, not every bit of content is going to appeal to every player.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Alkyone.7983

Alkyone.7983

I like how I haven’t beaten the boss yet I’ve been trying everyday, but always get stuck in underpopulated overflow, or underpopulated home server. I’m sure this is exactly what Arenanet was hoping this boss would all be about; a war of populating servers.

But now that people realized the rewards are pathetic – and even worse than normal dungeons, you can expect the shores for Tequatl to become deserted soon enough.

Good job Arenanet.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

They’ve massively improved the rewards in the Twilight Assault update. I wouldn’t say it’s the most efficient farm, but I find it more satisfying than, say, champion farming. Only time will tell how popular the raid-style confrontations will remain.

I have to admit that the amount of server-based tomfoolery required to set up a good Tequatl fight is on the ridiculous side.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~