Issue is not being too hard, but being unfair

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Yes, Teq is becoming quite a difficult boss.
The proof is no server has yet beaten it down.
It is ok to set out difficult content no problem, but the main problem is about WHERE anet put in hard contents.

So far the biggest issue is the timer and the open world population cap.
Timer is an easy way to make a content hard to succeed.
15 mins could potential be reasonable on a 80-player base, but where do we get this 80 people? From open world random people…

Open world is a place everyone can enter.
There’re people who don’t bother participating in the fight, people who don’t take the event seriously, people who’re new to the game, all flooding over the map.
And then Anet cap the population of the server, and set a very tight timer, and expect those random newbies, lazy people to suddenly coordinate and challenge the impossible? What kind of ideal is this?

In a dungeon, you can add super hard contents for players to challenge, because we can select who we party with, and ensure everyone is motivated and participates, ensure no newbies are in the group, so it is fair.

But in open world, we cannot select who we’re with, we cannot ensure everyone is motivated and participates, so adding a timer on hard content is totally unreasonable.

If you want to set a timer like that, make Teq the Sunless a raid event takes place in a closed area that you can get in with a maximum group size of 80 to challenge this boss on a daily base. (Each player can only enter once everyday that is.)

That way, people can still enjoy their light-hearted open world content while the more hardcore and dedicated players can form the group and achieve their objectives.

Do you think my point make sense, and being fair?

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

No. This is a Challenge. If it’s too hard, you can leave so someone else can take your slot. People actually care that Anet is providing something that doesn’t require standing in one place, and spamming “1”.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

No. This is a Challenge. If it’s too hard, you can leave so someone else can take your slot. People actually care that Anet is providing something that doesn’t require standing in one place, and spamming “1”.

The problem he is descriping is, that if there are people, even for legitimate reason, like they just happen to level there at that moment, taking extremly important slots.

In such a case, the actual success might be taken out of the hands of players participating in that event.
Oh, the map was too full of people not going to the event when it startet? Too bad, than you should not make it successfull through that event.

There must be room, timewise for more people to arrive, and mapslotwise, because not everyone will automatically participate in that event just because it is happening.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: UtopiaDivine.1964

UtopiaDivine.1964

There’re people who don’t bother participating in the fight, people who don’t take the event seriously, people who’re new to the game, all flooding over the map.
And then Anet cap the population of the server, and set a very tight timer, and expect those random newbies, lazy people to suddenly coordinate and challenge the impossible? What kind of ideal is this?

What about newbies who want to learn how to coordinate and play with a large group? Are we excluded because we don’t conform to your hardcore player standards?

But in open world, we cannot select who we’re with, we cannot ensure everyone is motivated and participates, so adding a timer on hard content is totally unreasonable.
That way, people can still enjoy their light-hearted open world content while the more hardcore and dedicated players can form the group and achieve their objectives.

Do you think my point make sense, and being fair?

No, I don’t. I leave the dungeons and hard content to the people who want to play that. I don’t push my way into PUGS knowing that I’ve never played particular content or that I am not driven to dedicate several hours to complete something. However content in open world is there for, and here’s the difficult part: the open world. As you said, anyone can join in. Why can’t I learn to play in a large group in the open world. What have you against my (and other casual or new players) opportunity to learn and possible join your apparently elite ranks of hardcore player?

eta: GW2 is my first MMO and I have played since the betas. My first character reached level 80 a month before the game hit its one year anniversary. I am the definition of a casual player, I think.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

People actually care that Anet is providing something that doesn’t require standing in one place, and spamming “1”.

I am confident that the only difference between Old and New Tequatl will be that this time you need to move to a different location to spam 1 for a while.

New Tequatl does two things:
1. DPS Check.
2. Dodge Check.

Too many people are dying to his waves. Too many people could really learn to jump or dodge or block those waves a lot better. If you solve 2, 1 should sort itself out – unless everyone is rolling blue/green gear which… for a L65 area… isn’t…entirely…unbelieveable.

lol.

Once Players learn to avoid his waves better they will just get back to spamming 1 again. Oh yea, I know some people are on turret duty – I’m being mildly flippant but I don’t think I’m over-exaggerating too much.

As it stands players downing to waves causes a massive drop in damage dealt as other players who managed to avoid the damage are then having to revive the downed players. It has a far larger effect than you initially think.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

The problem is the timer and the fact that without a elite squad you wont be beating him in that extremely limited time.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

I think you did not read my entire post, since you totally miss my point.
My point is why not leaving the hard content for “people who actually want to challenge them”, thus, the raid party, and leave out those half hearted/ lazy people who just want freebies without putting effort in it?

They can make Teq as hard as they want, but I want to select who I be with to challenge this hard content, that is my point. Currently, open world hard content is not a fair and valid option.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

They shouldn’t start the timer as soon as the event starts, but after a certain condition that takes some effort with a solid number of has players been met.

That way, events aren’t a guaranteed loss if people trickle in like I’ve seen happening on overflow events.

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

The problem he is descriping is, that if there are people, even for legitimate reason, like they just happen to level there at that moment, taking extremly important slots.

In such a case, the actual success might be taken out of the hands of players participating in that event.
Oh, the map was too full of people not going to the event when it startet? Too bad, than you should not make it successfull through that event.

There must be room, timewise for more people to arrive, and mapslotwise, because not everyone will automatically participate in that event just because it is happening.

That’s part of the challenge at hand. But you can’t just WP in when the event starts. If a server wants to beat Tequatl, they should be arriving early and waiting. Then plan a strategy and teams/groups of players to do certain tasks. Voice comms would really help, but Map Chat is good too, as long as people pay attention. Remember, this is no longer at the level of “just WP in, tag, and collect chest”.

When there are players in the map already who don’t want to participate, that can’t be helped. This is Open World PvE.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

When there are players in the map already who don’t want to participate, that can’t be helped. This is Open World PvE.

Translating:
In that case. Good luck next time.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I agree.

However, this is the wrong place to incorporate difficulty. Even if I and a bunch of my friends go to the zone, fully coordinated and willing to do exactly what is required, the reality is we are unable to either a) control what the other players do, or b) control who is able to contribute (a la instancing).

Open world events are a horrible place to have difficulty. Temple of Grenth, even 1 year on, still remains contested on most servers for most of the time because people are just unwilling to cooperate. That isn’t even near the difficult of this, Grenth is simply keep mobs away from the NPC and even then people screw it up most the time.

I’m not for auto attack events being as rewarding as they are, but to rely on such a mass of random players who are unable to pick who they’re with cooperating is ridiculous.

Remember the Karka Queen, a somewhat tasking open world boss? Probably not, because it’s dead content. Unless something is done, Tequatl is Karka Queen 2.0.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

(edited by Flissy.4093)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

How often did temple events fail at first? How often did you die in your first GW2 dungeon?

People learn and improve. Until they do, event fails. Everyone wanted more challenging content. Now you have it. Don’t kid yourself about “fairness.”

The obstacle is the path.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SgtSarcasm.1653

SgtSarcasm.1653

I’m all for challenging new content. Problem is, I don’t want to see said content in the form of a open world zergfest boss where there are way too many variables that can screw you over.

AFK/non-participating players taking up zone slots, players who have no idea what they’re doing, lazy players who refuse to respawn at waypoint and run back when they’re dead (dead, not downed), trolls who occupy Hylek Cannons and doesn’t do anything with them, etc.

As it stands players downing to waves causes a massive drop in damage dealt as other players who managed to avoid the damage are then having to revive the downed players. It has a far larger effect than you initially think.

In addition to this, it seems that a LOT of the players manning the cannons are either not capable of removing clouds effectively, or players don’t kill the tentacles before there’s so many around that they blanket the entire area with clouds.
It’s almost impossible to revive downed players when they’re downed in a poison cloud.

Khaine [80 Guardian] – Night of Wallachia [80 Warrior]
Minister of Fear [80 Necromancer] @Far Shiverpeaks EU

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

It would also help if the event scaled properly with the number of players participating. It should not be a requirement to first do a head count, and realize you’re only 50 people, and there for might as well not bother.

If there’s 50 people fighting him, they should have a shot at killing him. They should at least be able to take him down to 50% health.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

I think you did not read my entire post, since you totally miss my point.
My point is why not leaving the hard content for “people who actually want to challenge them”, thus, the raid party, and leave out those half hearted/ lazy people who just want freebies without putting effort in it?

They can make Teq as hard as they want, but I want to select who I be with to challenge this hard content, that is my point. Currently, open world hard content is not a fair and valid option.

Oh, you mean like every other open world event? ArenaNet has set the bar high from day one: cooperate, figure it the heck out, or the event fails.

A large guild (or a few guilds) can coordinate this fight even in the open world. You think you’re gonna organize 80 players for an instance? There’s a reason why 40-person raids have all but bitten the dust.

The obstacle is the path.

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

When Anet introduced mechanics like Dodge, the game was no longer “Hack & Slash”. Or a better term would be “Tank & Slash”.

They want you to cooperate to succeed. Heck, Tequatl forces everyone to cooperate, or fail. Simple as that. I will admit that this does open people up to griefing, since losing 1 or 2 turrets can spell disaster for a group.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: XenusTEHG.1965

XenusTEHG.1965

AN really thinks people will become hivemind, dress in full exotic/ascended, eat expensive food and undead slaying potions and coordinate everything?

sorry for my poor english

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Definitely foresee some form of a nerf. Maybe not as major as most people expect, but maybe to Teq’s health.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)