LFG Tool dissapointment

LFG Tool dissapointment

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kiyue.5817

kiyue.5817

First of all, I like the overall implementation very much. It’s clear and easy to use.

But it has some major issues imo. Most of all the utility is too limitied.
Why can’t I look for people for regular group events on the map? This was the most important thing gw2 needed to make open world areas more populated.
For example, when I want to farm champions on a particular map the lfg tool does nothing for me.
Or take Southsun Cove, the karka queen event rewards have been improved so that it makes sense to do this on a daily basis, but the zone is empty 24/7, I have no means to look for people except spamming chat in populated zones (Lions Arch), which doesn’t lead to anything.
Same for other big world events, like dragons, temples or all the bosses that have been improved… this is the most exciting content for me, but I rarely get to it, bc I am on a low pop server, so most of the time no one is around.
This is where the lfg tool could have stepped in perfectly.

So here is my suggestion how this could work:
There should be a specific tab for the map you are currently in. Once a group event starts it is automaticly listed. you can click something like “join event” and it will either: create a new group (if there is none) or join an open group that has free slots. this should work cross servers (this is the most important thing on this point) to give higher chances of finding people (even better if there was a checkbox, where you can enable/disable cross server matchmaking)
additionaly, the 2nd button should be someting like “create custom event”. this is for people who want to build a group (or look for one) that wants to do other content that is not tied to specific events, like farming champions, leveling groups ect.
Overall this would not add much complexity but ALOT more utility and make certain content way more accessible for many people.

(edited by kiyue.5817)

LFG Tool dissapointment

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Why can’t I look for people for regular group events on the map? This was the most important thing gw2 needed to make open world areas more populated.

I think devs said that open world and WvW is disabled in the beta or something, and should be available later.

LFG Tool dissapointment

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Those section are not planned as cross-server though, as that wouldnt make sense.

They should expand the options for open world LFG though, I agree.

Another thing that lacks is the ability to express “I want to do any Arah or HotW explorable” … I can put my group under one instance only, and even if I put that text in under, say Arah, then HotW lfg people probably wont read it.