Love every minute of it.

Love every minute of it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Yes it is hard, but that because 100+ people needs to be organized and you need to find tactics that suit the whole players not just yours. BG’s way does not work for us at all.

Yes, AFK people and people who do not listen are annoying. But it is about the world, your sever and all the players in it. It is not about what you like to do and how you like to play. This is a WORLD event.

In the last two days people started to learn. They start to listen, they want to beat the beast. I made a lot of new friends in the game.

It is good that it is NOT intanced for such the social reason. We haven’t beaten it on Kodash yet. Best attempt was about 26% percent AFAIK. We would have needed about 1 minute more.

From today on the AFK and more casual started to leave and the more hardcore players stayed the whole time on the map and we organized taxis to get our people out of overflowst that needed to go or had a dc. As the AFK guys were never in some group nor on TS they could not get back.

We tried a lot of stuff and failed often with new problems as we tried our different approaches. But it is starting to work. But we need a 100+ zerg we only get later afternoon early evening for this event. Phase 1 is the problem here and sometimes the turrent defense.

I am sure once we beat this and have the critical mass we can repeat it often. Don’t know if we will…

Especially the people who just stand there spamming 1 are actually learning to jump/dodge. In the moring out of 100+ people 75 did not survive two waves (yes, it is that bad). Now most of them make it and just get a few knowbacks when they do not pay attention or picking up downed players.

Yes the waves are easy, but not for people who never dodged properly. They are learning. I like that. Especially on a glass cannon server with zero movement skills for most of the players (our WvW has no decent zerg movement either). Same for our dungeon runners and so called elite: they are just great in glitching and skipping meaning avoiding challenges.

Even if we failed we are having fun. We want to beat Tequila, no one cares about loot or whatever. It is the challenge. And then repeat it to see if the tactic is good and get the achievement title!

Also this in not a Lidari. No camera issues, lag is acceptable (hardly happens, and way better than WvW on any given hour of the day) and you can clearly see what’s happening.

Sure, the timer is artificial. But without any artifical limitation it would be easy for everyone. Time and map limit and coordination is what makes this difficult. This is what makes an MMO. 25 man raids are also limited artificial by the number of people who can participate.

The bad thing here are overflows! That is horrible here, as overflow rarely works decent. But there is a map cap and that’s the problem. If there was none or higher Teq. would just need more HP or less time to beat for compensation.

I hope Anet will not copy Tequatl with Shatterer and Claw of Jormag as there are cannons/mortars as well and do them different. Hope there are new challenges and not copy and paste jobs with different textures.

Love you Anet, this content is great. Sure, not for everyone, but same goes for Fractals, dungeons and jumping puzzles. I forgive you for Liadri for this one.

Let some people farm their champs we take the 100+ player raids (ok, as close to a raid as we can get at the moment) any time.

And those who do not like, it do not have to play it. Sure not an 80 zone, but if it were an 80 zone HP, damange and stuff would just be greater. So no biggie. And even level 65 players are working with us. Everyone who is interested counts. Rares, exotics, ascended? No one cares.

So next prime time and we finally can join the ranks of a lot of other servers who did it. Fingers crossed.

(edited by WilliamDaBloody.2591)

Love every minute of it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BlueCynder.5941

BlueCynder.5941

The first time I joined in the fight was on ET, and in the last 2 mins. We had far from enough people to beat him. Then taking someone’s advice I went to Blackgate to see how the fight was with organization. In overflow (which wasn’t all bad) At least a 100 players were there and 4 commanders. Again we lost, but only because those fighting the dragon didn’t WP on death.

The fight was hard. And I loved it. Instead of being a mindless zerg pressing 1 repeatedly, planning was needed. Everyone there was helpful in giving instructions; in fact I have never seen this much direction even in wvw. During the fight people who had never done it before (including me) learned a lot. Next time I will be on my warrior and up against the dragon itself.

The only things I can think to change off the top of my head to change:
Kick players off the turrets if they are AFK for 30 secs/min
Better rewards-at least an exotic or more then 1 gold.
Less spawn rates for those things that down you instantly if you get too close (Can’t think of the name)

Please Anet, make the other world bosses close to this. Maybe make each of them a different level of difficulty?

Love every minute of it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

“Hard” would be fine, having six people in control of whether a hundred others win or are wasting their time is not “hard” it is just bad game design.

Love every minute of it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Reddofokkusu.6210

Reddofokkusu.6210

I’ve been playing with the Desolation Teamspeak all day, and we only really started getting kills in the last few hours – But I agree, this fight is so chaotic and fun, it really is what a raid should be. Commanders grouping everyone together, each group pulling their weight in a joint team effort, and the huge adrenaline rush in the last few minutes as you laser > dps > laser > dps really makes this fight enjoyable if this is your sort of thing. And you really do feel a sense of teamwork and strategy with these people, because if one group falls behind, it affects the whole fight – So we improved on our mistakes and did the next fight correctly.

Of course some people are going to be upset, because he’s not a walk in the park, but there’s groups that are putting in some huge dedication for this fight, and that dedication is paying of with every kill. Even the people not getting any good loot are satisfied with killing him, and the ascended / mini’s seem to have good drop rates anyway.

Anet did really well with this fight, and It’d honestly be a shame if he got nerfed.

Love every minute of it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

It needs to scale better so it’s doable by smaller servers and overflows. The requirements aren’t sustainable and once the hype wears off and everybody has their achievements the event will die as everybody returns to the far more profitable champion trains.

Love every minute of it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

And we did it on Kodash finally as expected. Now it is time to repeat it and go for the title!

And then it need to brought down to be farmable xD