Main servers should...

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Def Pinoy.7029

Def Pinoy.7029

Main servers should prioritize players that are originally from that server. My home server is BG and since the Tequatl Patch, I’ve only been to BG Sparkfly Fen once or twice. BG Sparkfly Fen is infested by guests from different servers who goes afk until next Tequatl attack (if failed). Making us players originally from that server cannot take advantage of the server’s organized runs.

I expect BG Sparkfly Fen to be like this whole weekend long, sigh.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

They should make that zone istanced so they can raise up the population and keep ONLY the ppl from main server into it.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Def Pinoy.7029

Def Pinoy.7029

Players paid gems (from gold exchange or real money) to be on that server and to get it’s benefits. Being a highly populated and organized server that is. Only to be taken by guests.

What was the point of paying gems?

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ghaste.2419

Ghaste.2419

I understand your point but a lot of server don’t have other choice. They are on low pop server and they cannot have to man power to kill it with the time require. They have to go somewhere else if they want to really try this fight.

There already a lot of fix that people are proposing, just hope anet catch some and implement them when the big hype go down or before people get too mad.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lianu.1390

Lianu.1390

I can say the same for my server, but I can’t point fingers at guests. My server’s got a high population of active guilds and players. Sometimes I get pushed into an overflow when other world bosses (pre-boss patch, anyway) activate and have to miss out on those bosses that night since the overflows didn’t mirror the original zones. I think the problem is that there’s only one zone where the big, new Tequatl fight is at and everyone who’s lvl 50+ (yes, some under-leveled people attempt it, too) want to get a piece of the Living Story action.

Honestly, I’d like to see a list of the servers with averages of native vs. guest populations that way people saying “It’s guests’ fault!” and those who disagree (which would include me) can see the truth of what’s going on in this population mess. Speculation’s really not getting us anywhere.

Of course, regardless of the numbers shown, something needs to be fixed since every iteration of the Living Story pushes masses and masses of people into overflows in the zones that LS focuses on, often splitting grouped people into different ones as each overflow created gets capped. In previous versions of the LS the winning or failing of events wasn’t as heavily affected, with only Scarlet’s Invasions (which was more of farm vs succeed) and Tequatl truly showing the limitations of the overflow system.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

Main servers should prioritize players that are originally from that server. My home server is BG and since the Tequatl Patch, I’ve only been to BG Sparkfly Fen once or twice. BG Sparkfly Fen is infested by guests from different servers who goes afk until next Tequatl attack (if failed). Making us players originally from that server cannot take advantage of the server’s organized runs.

I expect BG Sparkfly Fen to be like this whole weekend long, sigh.

They do prioritize you during queue, so unless you expect them to kick guests from the main server to make room for ppl that log in late, there’s nothing to be done about it.

Also everyone that wants to implement something like that should take into consideration that people could just fully transfer to that server, so how would you fix that? And how would you fix it making lower pop servers ghost towns?

Samhaiim ~ Thief

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sunambulo.9834

Sunambulo.9834

and its getting worse since…today, weekend is uppon us…so BEWARE of the afkers and lowpop guests lol!

our guild has been trying to “takeover” our server,since your overflows are laggy as hell.. its been hard, but the problem is when your hole guild is in sparkly fen and a handfull is out unable to join :\

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The assumption that it’s guests that are sending you into overflow is just plain silly and wrong.

Stop looking for scapegoats.

Of course what really makes me chuckle when I see these threads are memories of all the predictions that this game would be dead in a year.

(edited by DarcShriek.5829)

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

If there were no guests there would be five Overflows instead of ten.

Every map has a player cap. Once the limit is reached, players are allocated in an overflow. If you’re late, you’ll be thrown in an overflow anyway.

Come online earlier next time.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Alafin.3714

Alafin.3714

Serious? There was one waiting for 8 hours. You want him to come earlier? I´ve been waiting for 3 myself. And i had a life before.

It´s not about being early you kitten . It´s because people of other servers are lazy and cant organize themselves.

http://www.twitch.tv/Alafinn – Part of the [MiM] female Team.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Lianu.1390

If there were no guests there would be five Overflows instead of ten.

Every map has a player cap. Once the limit is reached, players are allocated in an overflow. If you’re late, you’ll be thrown in an overflow anyway.

I just wanted to point out that the overflows are shared cross-server as well. I’ve had friends from other “full” servers appear in the same overflow as me while trying to get into their home-server’s zone. The increase in number of overflows just means that many overflow zones are also overflowing regardless of server-origin. In short, if you’re cycling through 20 overflows, that doesn’t mean there are 20 overflows’ worth of guests on your home server.

As for getting on earlier, I’ve spent one evening camping an overflow and actively participating while waiting through 2 Tequatl cycles without ever making it into my home server. Sometimes “coming on earlier” means getting in an 8-hour line which most people don’t have the free time for.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Sat in Sparkfly overflow for 3 hours befor giving up… Come earlier, how exactly does “come earlier” help?

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: gotem.5284

gotem.5284

You could coordinate your guilds and guest a low pop server. I know a blackgate guild did that with ET and they easily killed it.

Ranger and Mesmer
Eredon Terrace

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Sat in Sparkfly overflow for 3 hours befor giving up… Come earlier, how exactly does “come earlier” help?

There is a time when the main world isn’t so grossly overpopulated, that’s a good time to come online.

You could also coordinate with your guild or watch where other guilds are gonna guest to do their attempts. Look and you shall find.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Miku.6297

You could coordinate your guilds and guest a low pop server. I know a blackgate guild did that with ET and they easily killed it.

This makes sense, we should have to guest to other servers to play with our home server…..

I know you are trying to help, but the suggestion is a work around, not a solution. People should be able to play on the server they selected as a home server.

(edited by Miku.6297)

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: gotem.5284

gotem.5284

This makes sense, we should have to guest to other servers to play with our home server…..

I know you are trying to help, but the suggestion is a work around, not a solution. People should be able to play on the server they selected as a home server.

You can keep complaining for pages on end they aren’t going to change the system. Adapt.

Ranger and Mesmer
Eredon Terrace

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Miku.6297

You can keep complaining for pages on end they aren’t going to change the system. Adapt.

I posted one comment saying I don’t enjoy the current system. If no one says they think somethings wrong, or un enjoyable how will anything ever get changed? The point of the forums is to GET player feedback; both positive and negative. That way A-net can continue to develop and improve the game.

Saying if you don’t like it “adapt” makes no sense. I can think of ways to get into a main server and “adapt” at the same time, I would certainly encourage the devs to try to figure out a system that would be more player friendly.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

This can be a good solution. However, I am definitely against entire server forces swapping to lower teir servers because of overflows, since all it does is fill up their servers, with mostly people from other servers.

if its just 1 or 2 guilds, I see no problem. However, if 80-100 people guest over to a “low” pop server, it’s kind of making the problem you had theirs.

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Lianu.1390

As Miku.6297 mentioned, “adapt[ing]” makes no sense when it’s inherent that the system isn’t working as intended. Player feedback is vital as well as developers working to resolve the issue. The overflow system combined with Tequatl’s specific Living Story segment is just exasperating an existing flaw. In previous versions of the Living Story it wasn’t so vital to have full coordination on such a massive scale. Now, planning teams are having to work around the overflow limitations in order to succeed at this event. Yes, Tequatl’s popularity will die down in a couple of weeks, but this problem can and will happen again and again with future Living Story events should ArenaNet release more Living Story content that has similar requirements of the players.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Players paid gems (from gold exchange or real money) to be on that server and to get it’s benefits. Being a highly populated and organized server that is. Only to be taken by guests.

What was the point of paying gems?

Right there with you, so sick & tired of guests afk’n on the server, if anything the content has put a serious split and animosity in the community. I have yet to get into a nonoverflow since the content was released. Great direction and idea, but horrible execution…just horrible.

I would rather see the server community build on this content. The server community for future content like this would learn to work together for these goals getting better and better.

Sure beats guest>loot>thanks!>leave

JQ Druid

(edited by Wetpaw.3487)

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Changer the Elder.2948

Changer the Elder.2948

I know I’m gonna get stoned for this.

You know, all those who are whining about guesters… do you have any idea how many people does each server hold? Sweet secret is – way, way more than a single map ever can. Even if you disable guesting, people with real-life obligations that cannot go to camp at main for hours before won’t. get. in. That is an issue, but not an issue directly caused by guesting, only worsened by it (liken it to this – when your house is on fire, putting out the stove won’t help you).

Let me tell you a story. Story I promise is true. There was a raid I was part of on a highly populated server that was able to defeat Tequatl. That raid (and several other successful ones) was being co-led by a person from a completely different, low-population server. That guest was able to instruct people on what to do, help them understand what needs to be done. In the end, the guest you all loathe so bad helped the other 100+ server natives to their trophies, shinies, loot and fancy name tags.

And when the whole raid decided to pick up their things and move to overflow, because there were too many AFKers from the said home server, overflowed natives from the server finally got in from overflows and guess what – lost. Just getting on your home isn’t a guarranteed victory – it’s piggybacking a ride on someone who can beat him. Get a teamspeak, get a raidcall, get any other voicechat conference. Get people to come to it. And teach them what to do. No matter what server you are, that works. Even on overflow.

tl;dr:
Moral of my story – you do not defeat Tequatl just because you get on your own main server. You defeat him because you know what to do and help the people around you do the same. If you disable guesting, you’re just gonna find a new reason that stands between you and a shiny trophy. Instead of those “kittening guesters” (who, by the way, are people like you, me, any of us, and do not deserve to be call that way just for the reason alone), you’ll have those “kittening campers” who have defeated Teq and now are just wasting YOUR space.

Take a deep breath, eat a cookie, be a good host and be kind to your fellow man. If you greet people with “kitten off MY server”, they are not about to politely move out of the way.

Main servers should...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I have gotten into BG twice now, both times in an organized group with 100+ on TS. We failed both times.

It doesn’t matter if you get into the main server, what matters is the group you are apart of.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief