No Boss Week Daily?

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zaxziakohl.5243

zaxziakohl.5243

So after the rollover today there was no bossweek daily. Now it’s still September here, and this is the LAST achieve I need (or can get) to get my wings….and you guys conveniently left it off?

Gee thanks.

That’s all I have to say.

Edit: Considering this was the only reason I even logged in, or will probably log in until the Halloween event, I’m kinda unhappy. Screw up the last patch, give us jack for the next…yeah I think I’ll wait till Halloween.

(edited by zaxziakohl.5243)

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dizza.8104

Dizza.8104

That’s because that boss week is over 2 hours ago

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

zaxziakohl.5243

That’s because that boss week is over 2 hours ago

Nope, I just finished my boss week collection of dragon clues in Blazeridge. If I can still do that, then there should be a Boss Week daily.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ChimeraMethod.5498

ChimeraMethod.5498

Okay, so, since WHEN are the Living Story events over before the bi-monthly patch? I was relying on the boss daily tonight to get my Teq wings because I finally had TIME to do so, and I feel like I’ve just been slapped in the face because I didn’t have time to play every single day for completion.

Scarlet lasted through the following day’s patch. WHY is this event different?

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

zaxziakohl.5243

Okay, so, since WHEN are the Living Story events over before the bi-monthly patch? I was relying on the boss daily tonight to get my Teq wings because I finally had TIME to do so, and I feel like I’ve just been slapped in the face because I didn’t have time to play every single day for completion.

Scarlet lasted through the following day’s patch. WHY is this event different?

Exactly. I am 1 daily achieve away from my wings. And now screwed because they removed the daily Boss Week.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dizza.8104

Dizza.8104

Sorry, didn’t mean exactly that, since the boss week meta is obviously still active. I think that as the active daily corresponds to the new month (which won’t have this boss week) there are no achievements related to the previous content.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

ChimeraMethod.5498

Sorry, didn’t mean exactly that, since the boss week meta is obviously still active. I think that as the active daily corresponds to the new month (which won’t have this boss week) there are no achievements related to the previous content.

I think this just PROVES that ANet needs to ditch dailies as part of Living World achievement content. I was leery of the 2 week limits on half the content to begin with, and this tears it. Casual players are being absolutely alienated from good rewards in the game simply because they can’t come in every single day and wait around for 1.5 hours for a single event. I don’t know who they are trying to target as a playerbase anymore, but I’m feeling more and more shoved away by their obsession with poorly tested, fickle Living World content. Give me a SOLID monthly update any day!

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: senseimatt.1974

senseimatt.1974

This. I also logged in to get my 9/9 only to find that there was no boss week daily on the last day. That’s just rude and unfair. Also I do the dailies fairly diligently and it did not appear consistently.

Great content, poor execution.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Same boat here. I am 8/9, logged in to lament in map chat. Stinks. Any info would be appreciated.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Elgin.9076

Elgin.9076

I’m glad I’m not the only person with this issue. It upsets me because it reset at around 5 pm for me. 5 pm. On the 30th. Seven hours away from the 1st. I rushed home so I could get my dailies done before 5, and I wasn’t even able to complete it then because Tequatl’s been bugged on my server for the past four hours. Is there really no warning that could have been given to us specifying when the daily would be removed? Not even the event (which I wouldn’t even mind being removed considering the only thing motivating me to do this content I can no longer get), just the daily. I assumed we would be able to get the wings up until the event was retired but I suppose not.

I feel bad for complaining, but I’m irritated and one Boss Week daily short of getting the wings. :l

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

ChimeraMethod.5498

I’ve sent them a support request highlighting the issues everyone has brought up, but I won’t be surprised if it goes unanswered until more iffy content has been railroaded into the game tomorrow :/

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Azylir.9137

Azylir.9137

Hope they quickly add it or delay removal by a day, and add a daily for tomorrow instead whichever is easier because I’m in the same boat. Ugh, come on ANet, help us out here!

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hopebringer.4765

Hopebringer.4765

I’m also 8/9 expecting to finish tonight as well. Unfortunately this is the 2nd set of wings I have missed out on due to having to be out of town during the week, but I felt like I was going to get 9/9 tonight as everyone else here has stated.
Very disappointing that it’s already closed.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DANamic.3791

DANamic.3791

I’m quite disappointed that I needed dailies to complete the Boss Week achievement set, especially since I was away on a one-month training trip that drastically limited my ability to log on. I’m stuck at 7/9 and I’ve already did all the other non-daily achievements. If I was on my normal routine, I’d definitely would have finished the dailies per day, everyday.

I guess it was just bad timing for me and I doubt they’d give us any chance at relapsing the dailies (or maybe providing alternatives to fill up the gap to get 9/9). But hopefully dailies don’t become a required part of future content updates, especially if life gets into the way (which is obviously more important).

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sparhawk.4256

Sparhawk.4256

same here.. no boss daily and 8/9 sad…

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: techne.7250

techne.7250

I had just moved so i was with out internet for the past month until friday.
I’m also at 8/9

sup

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: honeywell.6734

honeywell.6734

I’m so angry. I was at 8/9 and rushed home to finish boss week and the game says there no dailies this month for it?? This is really frustrating. I’m a big arenanet fanboy but come on. This is such a basic and glaring oversight

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sarseth.7689

Sarseth.7689

Great! Me and my sister couldnt start earlier this event cause of university. Was everything calculated, including daily today. And can’t achive wings now cause someone had an idea to make living story with daily content not through all living story. I understand that at evening will be new living story, but what’s the problem to remove daily at that time?
GG, all september was playing gw like 5 hours? Not 5 hours a day like before, guess gw is dying for me

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: OtakuGamerGal.9843

OtakuGamerGal.9843

Same problem here. can’t get the wings now, bc of the change in the daily. So why does Oct start in Sept?
Am I upset? Very

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nyte Skye.1247

Nyte Skye.1247

I’m also at 8/9. Thanks a lot anet.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Metaton.2308

Metaton.2308

Same here, I am stuck at 8/9 and no more dailies….great! Dont go on holidays, you might miss something! A bit unfair.

lvl80 mesmer Heccabah
lvl80 ranger Babylon Psycho
lvl80 necro Maliceir

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

Same boat here… 8/9.
Been away for 2 weeks on summer holiday, got back on Saturday and was glad I could still make it with a world boss kill every day until patch time later today.
Just logged in and got completely deflated seeing there is no Boss Week Daily achievement today

Come on Anet, add the daily we need for today. Technically it’s not even a week from Tuesday 24th Sept 9pm PST (+/- some hours to get it right for when the last patch landed) to whatever time you decided to end it now… it should run to Tuesday 1st Oct 9pm PST.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Telecinision.3581

Telecinision.3581

Yeah, 8/9 here too. I feel like an idiot for staying up and trying to get this done. Work is going to be awful tomorrow.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SweetAction.1876

SweetAction.1876

Same boat as Telecinsion above me. 8/9 and I wouldn’t have even tempted this. This sucks.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

You should blame yourself. I got my wings 3 days after update and it didn’t take longer than 2 hours. Things never end well when you wait for the last possible moment to finish them. If you had no chance to log in is another story of course – all you can do is HOOORAY another temporary content I missed!

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lockh.7863

Lockh.7863

same

/15char

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kimoe.2607

Kimoe.2607

I’m in the same predicament as the rest of you, and I’m sorely disappointed

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: matoxx.7023

matoxx.7023

You should blame yourself. I got my wings 3 days after update and it didn’t take longer than 2 hours. Things never end well when you wait for the last possible moment to finish them. If you had no chance to log in is another story of course – all you can do is HOOORAY another temporary content I missed!

You don’t even get the point. Some people don’t have the time to finish this crap after 3 days. Some people can only play a few hours per week and I can understand if they spend that time on some other stuff than get wrecked by tequatl because overflows can’t handle him.

It just doesn’t make sense that there is no daily when the meta is still active.

8/9 here, too. Would also like an official response to that.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Paranoia.5271

Paranoia.5271

Im on 8/9 too.

Would really love if Anet can slow down on removing the contents from the game. I know Anet wants to create contents that reward players for being there when it happens, but recently the patches are far too fast. We have only 2 weeks complete the achievements. Some content gets 4 weeks( 4 week is okay tho). Really hope Anet just switch to a constant 4 weeks timer for us to do the achievement, while releasing content every 2 weeks if they want to.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

I´ll join the 8/9 group.

Also, the first living world achievment i´ve missed, sad panda

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: snowgim.6327

snowgim.6327

Yep 8/9 for me too.
Left it a bit late, started on Saturday and worked out I could still get the achievement, only to be knocked back at the last step.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

You don’t even get the point. Some people don’t have the time to finish this crap after 3 days. Some people can only play a few hours per week and I can understand if they spend that time on some other stuff than get wrecked by tequatl because overflows can’t handle him.

It just doesn’t make sense that there is no daily when the meta is still active.

Actually I think it’s you who don’t get the point. Boss week was very easy to complete, even with few hours per week. You didn’t even have to see Tequatl to finish it.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raekat.2937

Raekat.2937

i am stuck at 7/9 for the achievement. mostly because i wasn’t even aware of it but once i found out and tried really hard to complete it, just so i can say “i did it! i was finally here for an awesome event!” since i did miss out on all the previous ones. it is disappointing, yeah, but i am not necessarily angry at Anet for missing out as it was my own fault for not cluing in sooner. i do wish they allowed a little more time, as my time frame differs due to being Australian and finding enough people for major content can be really difficult in my time zone of play time.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Strang.8170

Actually I think it’s you who don’t get the point. Boss week was very easy to complete, even with few hours per week. You didn’t even have to see Tequatl to finish it.

Easy, yes.
But is it pretty inconsistant with how other achievements have been up untill the patch? Yes
Did some of us expect this to be the same and thus left the boring things to be done at the end? Very much yes.

I don´t really expect ever to get the achievement, nor even see a reply to this thread, but it´s still really big shame that people have to get frustrated because of inconsistencies like this.
Nothing to make you quit, but all the little things add up when people consider where they want to spend their time as new games are released.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

So in two weeks (of which about half the dailies were “Do any old Boss event”, not Tequatl specific and even so needed only participation not success) none of the above posters could manage 4 “Boss Week” dailies? No BEHE, no Maw, no getting into an overflow and failing Tequatl? None of you deserve those horrid wings then, sorry.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Strang.8170

So in two weeks (of which about half the dailies were “Do any old Boss event”, not Tequatl specific and even so needed only participation not success) none of the above posters could manage 4 “Boss Week” dailies? No BEHE, no Maw, no getting into an overflow and failing Tequatl? None of you deserve those horrid wings then, sorry.

Nobody really cares about the wings, achievs where it´s at ;P

And mind you, some people really dislike those events, doing them only when they have to.
And then there´s the part of people who only got to play at the end of the 2 weeks.
And some who only noticed they need to do dailies at the end.
And the combinations of those.

It´s just people voicing their discontent over inconsistant way dailies worked with this patch, if it doesn´t concern you, you cold aswell move along.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Dondarrion.2748

I could have if I had the chance to login – I was unable to for 2 weeks until Sept 28 and have been on every day (as usual) since then and thought I would get it done by doing the final daily category today (repeated to endkitten redom on these forums by now) – but suddenly the daily achievement is gone while all the other achievements can still be done since the LS meta is still running (until the patch removes it later today).

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Argon.2405

Argon.2405

I could have if I had the chance to login – …snip…. other achievements can still be done since the LS meta is still running (until the patch removes it later today).

I feel sorry for you not getting them done. But Arenanet cant just extend the event for you. Everyone is in the same boat.

I didn’t get to play the Queens part earlier in the year, can they rerun so I can get the mini?

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xenolith.6154

Xenolith.6154

8/9 here as well.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Dondarrion.2748

I could have if I had the chance to login – …snip…. other achievements can still be done since the LS meta is still running (until the patch removes it later today).

I feel sorry for you not getting them done. But Arenanet cant just extend the event for you. Everyone is in the same boat.

That’s the point though; I’m not asking for an extension but for it to run as long as the Boss Week category is around, meaning they add the daily boss achievement on the dailies even on patch day. They did so before and people wondered about it post-patch because the content was then gone.
Now it’s opposite; the content is still there; technically it’s still Boss Week until the patch comes along to remove it, but the achievement is already gone so they left a lot of people stranded (who like me might not have been available to login).

Obviously; if I was at 6/9 I wouldn’t complain because there’s no way I could complete it – but at 8/9 and assuming this would run as before, I feel let down.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Chronos Khan.4539

Chronos Khan.4539

8/9 – Sorely disappointed in this unexpected decision.

Partially true, but it’s not my fault for having a job and working all day/night long. And I will not wait 2 hours for a 15 minute fight that clogs the servers and puts people into overflow just to screw up the encounter cause people don’t know the strategy.

But hey SAB is STILL up………………

The self proclaimed mayor of Lion’s Arch
watch my GW2 vids at:
youtube.com/valentinogames

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Argon.2405

Partially true, but it’s not my fault for having a job and working all day/night long. And I will not wait 2 hours for a 15 minute fight that clogs the servers and puts people into overflow just to screw up the encounter cause people don’t know the strategy.

But hey SAB is STILL up………………

You know it was “participate” not win. You only had to turn up at the event overflow or not.

also on the topic of the daily, they should not leave it up. Imagine you completed the daily boss week participate and then you found out that meta ended pre-patch. So unless the patch is going to hit dead on midnight reset it should not be up today.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Same here. was down to the very last point and was counting on being able to do that one last daily. Then all of a sudden I realize there is no more boss daily…..since when did patches roll over in the middle of the night??? Usually if I miss out on LS stuff it doesn’t bother me too much but this one was a cold move on their part as evidence by all these posts. Had we known ahead of time it would be different. Just 1 more stinking point….are you kidding me….grrrr. And before the high and mighty’s chime in, I did the tequatl stuff as much as I was able to. Not everyone has all day to devote to getting this stuff done. I was counting on being able to squeeze in that last daily. Had I known it would end up like this I wouldn’t have bothered at all.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Master Nater.4812

Master Nater.4812

8/9 got on last night on the 30th…and no boss week daily…annoyed.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Argon.2405

Same here. was down to the very last point and was counting on being able to do that one last daily. Then all of a sudden I realize there is no more boss daily…..since when did patches roll over in the middle of the night??? Usually if I miss out on LS stuff it doesn’t bother me too much but this one was a cold move on their part as evidence by all these posts. Had we known ahead of time it would be different. Just 1 more stinking point….are you kidding me….grrrr. And before the high and mighty’s chime in, I did the tequatl stuff as much as I was able to. Not everyone has all day to devote to getting this stuff done. I was counting on being able to squeeze in that last daily. Had I known it would end up like this I wouldn’t have bothered at all.

10 minutes to collect the dragon bits per zone x3 = 30mins. (3 points)
Find Rox and footprint = 5mins (2 points)
Participate in 4 teq events = 15mins/per day (1hr/4days) (4 points)

All day devoted to this? 1hr35m over 4 days is very light. Now consider the event ran for 2 weeks.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I hate to say this because I do feel bad for you guys but…

I do understand why there is no Daily for Boss Week today and I certainly wouldn’t have expected there to be one. The game rolled over to October at server reset, the minute the Monthlies reset September was done. That included September’s events, so why would a Daily for a September event be included in the Dailies for October 1st? The moment the new patch went live – that Daily would become uncompletable, leading to a possible reset of Dailies on update… and you know how well the community would take that. Remember last month’s reset due to Scarlet?

While, as I said, I do feel bad for those at 8/9 – there was a deadline and that deadline was well known. We all knew the new month would start at server reset and content could be yanked or unavailable at any time after that.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Dondarrion.2748

All day devoted to this? 1hr35m over 4 days is very light. Now consider the event ran for 2 weeks.

That scavenger hunt took more than 10 minutes per map… even with dulfy/similar showing each spot, you still had to run + wp all over the map.

Participating in events = yes, 1 hour in total… but it didn’t spawn at the very minute when you logged in, and if you are bound by other commitments in life (say, e.g. i have 2 kids under 2 years old and GW2 can simply kitten off when they (the kids) cry for food/attention/nappy change, whatever).
Condense everything and it looks very feasible – manage to play through it as a casual or even a casual/semi-hardcore who might have periods they cannot login – then you’re not always lucky to catch an event when you have time to login.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Dondarrion.2748

The moment the new patch went live – that Daily would become uncompletable, leading to a possible reset of Dailies on update… and you know how well the community would take that. Remember last month’s reset due to Scarlet?

Yet exactly then.. if you indeed canceled an invasion or whatever that daily achievement was then completed, but again, it was different because Clockwork Chaos ran until Sept 3rd, and this is maybe the first time you get a monthly reset and patch day on the 1st of a month?

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

That scavenger hunt took more than 10 minutes per map… even with dulfy/similar showing each spot, you still had to run + wp all over the map.

Participating in events = yes, 1 hour in total… but it didn’t spawn at the very minute when you logged in, and if you are bound by other commitments in life (say, e.g. i have 2 kids under 2 years old and GW2 can simply kitten off when they (the kids) cry for food/attention/nappy change, whatever).
Condense everything and it looks very feasible – manage to play through it as a casual or even a casual/semi-hardcore who might have periods they cannot login – then you’re not always lucky to catch an event when you have time to login.

Then, and forgive me for this, you have to accept you cannot get every achieve, every item, or participate in every event – especially not time gated ones. I have bouts where I’m sick or have bad weeks due to a RL disability. If I can’t play and get the events done because my RL health is more important, it’s on me – not on Anet, and I’ll do without that reward. It stinks but that’s how things are.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

No Boss Week Daily?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Secro.5039

Secro.5039

8/9 as well Sigh