No longer just a "boss"

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Grenthblood.1358

Grenthblood.1358

Unlike most of the posts on here since the patch hit, I’m not going to complain about the difficulty of Tequatl now. Instead, I’m going to tell you how I view this update.

Tequatl was once an open-world “boss”. However, he has turned into something that I haven’t seen in an MMO for quite some time. He’s now an open-world RAID. Back in the GOOD days of WoW, there were several open-world raids. They were spectacular, and a thrill to participate in. They were challenging, and it took both skill and coordination to kill them. Granted, I don’t want to see any of the concepts of modern day WoW introduced in this game. That would be terrible. However… Some of the classic bits of content that made the game good? I’m okay with that.

That being said… It seems like most of the people complaining are upset that they can no longer treat him the same way as with every other world “boss”. Even after the buffs, Jormag and Shatterer are still essentially “point and shoot” bosses. I’m fine with 90% of the open-world bosses being this way. Especially the ones in lower level areas. However, I personally think that Jormag and Shatterer should be brought up to the level that Tequatl is now at. Leave Tequatl’s difficulty where it is. Keep the challenge there for those of us that want it. Leave the better loot tied to him. Leave the rest of the open-world “bosses” the way they are for those that can’t appreciate the feeling of accomplishing what so many people have called impossible.

And before you say I’m “elitist” or “lucky”. It’s been 5 years since I’ve been in a raid (5 years WoW-sober, and going strong!), so I’m a bit rusty on the “don’t stand in the way of the giant wall of death” maneuvering, but I’m getting back into the swing of things.

Also… I’m on Northern Shiverpeaks. Many of you will say that I’ll never get to see him die unless I guest over to a larger server, but I’ve got faith that, once the people that are tired of the event move back to the easier content, I’ll see the others on my server that appreciate the challenge as much as I do band together to form an unstoppable force of ultimate “Tequatl killitude”. All it takes on my part, is a continued effort to learn the fight a bit better in the face of constant failure and death, and the patience to wait for everyone that needs to do so, to band together to make sure he dies.

Those of you that are with me, throw your hands in the air for challenging content!

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

BANZAI!!! I throw my hands in the air for challenging content! If only I had the time!

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I love you

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Right now the “fight” with this boss consists mainly from waiting in countless overflows and through hours of respawn timers. I’ve wasted around 6 hours on this boss today. Around 10 hours total. And there are people with 20h+ already during those 2 days. When it took me some time to learn Liadri, I had at least some sense of progressing my skill. In case of new Tequatl I am just beating my head over and over into the wall of overflows and AFK-ers.

There is not much I can improve on it anymore, I learned everything the hard way yesterday. Individual skill level required from a player is not that high, its quite low actually. I believe players need more individual skill in high level fractals or SAB. But then there is this required handicap which needs to grow together with amount of people involved. With 150 players the handicap must be huge. WoW which you refer to, learned that already back in Vanilla. World bosses like Kazzak or Azuregos were much easier than instanced counterparts when you consider the mechanics. The main goal was to deal with your zerg, not with the boss himself. Ever since then world bosses in WoW were just zergfests. All encounters tuned for specific performance were instanced.

I dont think Tequatl himself is overtuned. He is not. He is fine. But given the nature of world events, overflows and such, he is just placed incorrectly. Either nerf him or move him into an instanced cage where guild alliances can attempt him. At that point it will be 100% fine.

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

WoW still has open world raids. But I do agree I like it, but it needs some tuning.

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I think every open world boss should be this hard. Especially the dragons. It only hastens the inevitable.

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Xcom.1926

I dont think Tequatl himself is overtuned. He is not. He is fine. But given the nature of world events, overflows and such, he is just placed incorrectly. Either nerf him or move him into an instanced cage where guild alliances can attempt him. At that point it will be 100% fine.

Slippery Slope! That would basically mean end game raids!

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kokurai.7258

Kokurai.7258

have faith, my fellow nsp’er. soon our time shall come as well.

Nöír Noír Drägneil | NSP DH HoD Mag
[FNCY], [TG], [DRV], [FURY]

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Awe.1096

WoW still has open world raids. But I do agree I like it, but it needs some tuning.

Which spawned randomly and whichever guild “scouted” him 1st, took the kill. It was just a matter of bringing your raid first and if you were at least decent, it was a kill. Also, those bosses did not scale with amount of people you bring. They required 40 for example, but if you would bring 80, they would just die x2 times faster. In GW2 bosses scales with AFK corpses.

(edited by Awe.1096)

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Xcom.1926

Which spawned randomly and whichever guild “scouted” him 1st, took the kill. It was just a matter of bringing your raid first and if you were at least decent, it was a kill.

I believe the world bosses now are faction tagged. So if your faction tags it anyone in your faction can join in. So it isn’t just guild groups. But everything else, agreed.

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Awe.1096

Which spawned randomly and whichever guild “scouted” him 1st, took the kill. It was just a matter of bringing your raid first and if you were at least decent, it was a kill.

I believe the world bosses now are faction tagged. So if your faction tags it anyone in your faction can join in. So it isn’t just guild groups. But everything else, agreed.

Yeah, I was speaking about old Vanilla bosses. Current world bosses in MoP are loot pinatas. They wipe people sometimes but more often than not they are a guaranteed kill.

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Grenthblood.1358

Grenthblood.1358

I was referencing way back in the day when raids like Naxxramas (the first version) were still a thing.

But still. The whole overflows thing? That won’t be a big issue once the people that don’t like this type of content stop coming. When it boils down to 80 or so people. THEN it will really be able to be played as (hopefully) intended.

No longer just a "boss"

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

What about Hogger runs?