No more guesting for events

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cornish.8472

Cornish.8472

i realy think its about time you think about kicking guests from said world / said zone when a world event is happening ppl from that world should get priority all i get atm on desolation is overflow that means 1 or 2 things 1 every 1 in deso is on that map so you need to increase the amount of ppl that said map can hold or 2 that its full of guests and these ppl need to be kicked as a member of said world joins.

in Tequatl Rising

Cornish.8472

iam now expermenting to see how long it takes me to get to deso splinter coast ive not moved from the starter topic so atm 34 mins

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

I think you’re looking at guesting from the wrong angle. From your point of view it sounds bad, yes. But alternatively you can get with a coordinated group and get everyone into the same low population server or overflow together. There’s no reason you have to do it on your own server unless you just want to play with people from your server, in which case your server can get a group together and group up on an overflow or low pop server to make sure that everyone is together.

Guesting is not hard to do, take advantage of it and don’t look at it as a bad thing.

Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zaybug.9284

zaybug.9284

take a look at your lft tool. Many servers are setting up a Taxi service to get folks into the event.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Closer.2560

Closer.2560

its not guesting that is the problem, its people who jump to the front of the queue by joining friends inside the main instance that is the problem. I’m on Deso and I’m not in a big guild or have a lot of friends on my list, so I don’t have the connections to get in so I can’t. I’ve just given up now.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kaia.6859

Kaia.6859

What about the people that are on servers that can’t do it/don’t have enough people? Should they just not be able to do the content. I do think people on a server should have priority over those not on the server when it comes to a queue, but to do away with guesting wouldn’t solve the problem and would just cause more upset people.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pswendel.8179

pswendel.8179

take a look at your lft tool. Many servers are setting up a Taxi service to get folks into the event.

How? I don’t see /join as an option anymore.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

i realy think its about time you think about kicking guests from said world / said zone when a world event is happening ppl from that world should get priority all i get atm on desolation is overflow that means 1 or 2 things 1 every 1 in deso is on that map so you need to increase the amount of ppl that said map can hold or 2 that its full of guests and these ppl need to be kicked as a member of said world joins.

I think you are ignoring the real problem. The real problem is not “guesting”. It’s creating an event that can only be completed by a certain population amount. Then completely ignoring that the huge majority of the servers don’t have that population. I understand that Anet can’t admit that, it would be similar to them doing server merges, which for some reason is viewed as really bad to the mmo community.

I wish Anet would just offer free transfers for 1 week if you are one of the low pop servers. Right now it’s cheap to move to a low pop servers, but no one is taking advantage of that.

Anyway, you shouldn’t blame the players for wanting to actually complete an event. You should blame Anet for making an event that almost none of them will be able to complete on their home servers. I wish you all luck either way, and I hope when you guys finally kill him he’s worth it.

in Tequatl Rising

Cornish.8472

no iam looking at guesting right! Veltoss it stops ppl from said server joining there own server this has been the case for a while now but this event has increased the need to control it, i do agree on lo pop servers allow ppl to guest, but why guest on high pop servers iam still in OF 1 hr after the teq event ended ill stay hear untill i get a eta on how to get to deso splinter coast. I as a resedent of deso should be able to join my own pve server zone, i think most will agree

in Tequatl Rising

Cornish.8472

its 19:26 2 hrs after my orignal post to get to deso splinter coast, to the devs that not acceptable

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Closer.2560

Closer.2560

you wont get on till most sane people have gone to bed, it will be full till 2am ish I would guess. You wont get on because you are simply waiting in the queue, whilst other people keep jumping to the front of the queue by grouping with those in the main server and joining them. Sorry but its a screwed up system.

in Tequatl Rising

Cornish.8472

1 post above what you just said

in Tequatl Rising

Cornish.8472

ok my point was just proven in deso splinter fen there was ppl from all worlds, deso is a high pop server you shouldnt be able to guest here its stopping the pop of deso playing with other deso inhabitants iam only saying deso beacuse that where iam from i think the other high pop servers are haveign the same issue and i realy think you need to look in2 to this as devs. By all means guest from high to low pop servers but not the other way round