No reward for you! (Maybe a bug?)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

Yesterday I did Tequatl on Vabbi with the TKS, 3 times. (just logged off before the last time where it worked >.<)

We get him down to <50% twice and <75% the first time, but I only got a Dragon Chest once.
I did Turrets, direct attacks and also defended the laser (and got gold for that event).
I lived most of the time (thanks to PTV) and did the best damage I could (Ranger with Piercing Shots and lots of AoE)

I really hope that is a bug, because spending 15 minutes on Tequatl doing the best I can and not getting any kind of reward sucks.
It already sucks if you don’t kill him, but thats ok, he’s harder now.
But I thought we’d get at least a reward for ever 25% we get him down.
And 1 Dragon Chest (which contained a green….) as a reward is ridiculous…

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

push, today we killed him still only one reward, not even a dragon chest…

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The chests for getting him down to 75%, 50% and 25% appear to be daily.

And people are starting to find out. Here’s a conversation I overheard (paraphrased):

“Come on guys, let’s at least try and get him to 50% for an extra chest.”
“Why bother, I already got my 50% chest today.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

The chests for getting him down to 75%, 50% and 25% appear to be daily.

And people are starting to find out. Here’s a conversation I overheard (paraphrased):

“Come on guys, let’s at least try and get him to 50% for an extra chest.”
“Why bother, I already got my 50% chest today.”

Even 100 chcest would not be enough as reward, becouse they contain mostly green and some karma. It is absolutely nothing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zallis.2138

zallis.2138

Even 100 chcest would not be enough as reward, becouse they contain mostly green and some karma. It is absolutely nothing.

don’t you think being rewarded for failure is kind of weird?

Information about New Outriders
en.guildwars2.com/forum/guilds/recruitment/New-OutRiders-NOR-Recruitment-Post/first#post2721974

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

I dont talk about rewards for failure. I would not mind if they would reward us only for succes but the reward should be worth. Now it is not.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Success is boring. Failure teaches. If you succeed all the time you’ll never know how to do anything. You’ll only know what you did works. You won’t have learned anything. In failure, we learn what doesn’t work. Failing is the beginning of investigation. Investigation leads to understanding. It is from understanding what we’re doing that advancement and progress can be made. Failure should always be rewarded. Success is just… success. Yea, you did it. Have a cookie.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Being rewarded for failure is weird.

On the other hand, events that take an entire day’s worth of gaming to get a single, viable run (if at all!) after long waiting times and frustrating efforts to get into the place you want to be, with the people you want to be with… that’s weird too.