People losing interest already...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Do the other games provide in game voip for when it is required?

At least WoW added a voip system after a while, but at least last I heard (long time ago, though) very few people use it, most guilds prefer a 3rd party app instead. Other MMOs I’ve played (Rift, Age of Conan, DDO, LotRO, TSW and a few other F2P ones) don’t offer any kind of voip, instead just make sure they’re compatible with existing ones (overlays and stuff).

EDIT: just to add that LorRO does have voip, thanks to Lothirieth.3408 for the info. Never played that one that much so I can’t say how regularly it’s used instead of third party apps (anyone more experienced that can comment on that)

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

(edited by locoman.1974)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Anybody who has played another game which I cant mention the title and fought the Glimmerking alongside 300 other players knows, it turned into a once a month event, and it was instanced and always available, the problem there was sharing 20 rewards with300 people. (Last time I kill Glimmerking, we didit with 8 people)

I’ve not played this game, but you imply that Glimmerking can be killed with 8-300 people. That is markedly different than TQ. You don’t have a prayer with 8 against TQ. You don’t even have a prayer with 80.

There is something significant about that distinction that seems to be lost on the studio’s design leads.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Elric of Grans.7684

Elric of Grans.7684

I think the time limit is a joke anyway. 15 minutes for the Shatterer is childs play. 30 minutes for the Claw is meaningless.

Actually, last time I did the Shatterer we barely killed it in time. Not enough players, most only auto-attacked and many just tagged and AKFed. 15 minutes is tight enough that players need to actually put in a little bit of effort or it can be failed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Do the other games provide in game voip for when it is required?

At least WoW added a voip system after a while, but at least last I heard (long time ago, though) very few people use it, most guilds prefer a 3rd party app instead. Other MMOs I’ve played (Rift, Age of Conan, DDO, LotRO, TSW and a few other F2P ones) don’t offer any kind of voip, instead just make sure they’re compatible with existing ones (overlays and stuff).

Lotro has it’s own ingame voip system.