Pets shouldn't trigger the rotten fish...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I hope one day, every ArenaNet dev has a yellow post it on their monitor that says “don’t design a trap/aoe/mechanic which involves manual control of a character to avoid it and allow the same trap/aoe/mechanic to obliterate a pet”. It’s a problem in TA with the nightmare blossoms, it’s a problem in Canach’s layer where pets triggered the mines (and made the achievement much more difficult on a ranger), it’s a problem in the Aetherblade Retreat with the spinning electrical fields and it’s a problem in Sparkfly Fen where rangers have to have a very cautious radius around them because pets frequently blow up. They also have to micro the pet movement in combat to ensure they don’t walk into a random fish while fighting and initiate the cooldown rangers are intimately familiar with.

It’s been over a year guys. It’s time to start acting like pets matter to rangers and content design can’t just ignore them.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

/second. Those fish are nightmares for pets. Really the whole Teq event is pointless for having pets around, since they can’t dodge the waves or poison clouds either. They didn’t really think this one through.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Agreed. The area is brutal for pets. Had to use every trick I know just to keep my pet alive in the event itself. Random fish head pops?

Boom!

Dead. No chance the pet survives.

Gone to Reddit.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I don’t sit in on design meetings at ANet, but I’m going to guess there’s a lot more, “Hey, this would be so cool!” than there is, “What will this break?”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

Agreed, pets are really struggling with this encounter from what I’ve seen as the condition areas/mines hit very hard and they have no real way to avoid them.

My poor, poor Cookie…

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Domino.1359

Domino.1359

Lol, yes I agree as well. I WP in to the area and he’s (pet) dead within 30 seconds.