Sea of Sorrows

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: cyborG.3026

cyborG.3026

Sea of Sorrows is in deep need of competent commanders.

Every commander we’ve had so far, some were well, but only stayed for one fight and gave up, the others were just garbage.

So please, someone that knows how to lead a zerg/STAND IN ONE SPOT to dps, come over to SoS.

Thanks, because we’ve only got him to like 50%…

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Starshine.9286

Starshine.9286

dear god yes!!! we need help!!!!

Lvl 80 Necro
Quaggan Zergs!!!

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

SoS could use a lot less trolls and AFKers.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kodiak.4213

Kodiak.4213

SoS used to be such a great server, -_-

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

Also.. to add.. max people we’ve gotten into TS was like 40.. last night.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Julie Yann.5379

Did it on an overflow with no TS and we got farther that SoS ever did.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

Did it on an overflow with no TS and we got farther that SoS ever did.

Yeah I was hearing that overflow was doing way better than the main channel. Kinda depressing. We have too many people akitteng & trolling & too many pugs that don’t listen.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.9716

Julie Yann.9716

I was with you yesterday evening in TS and sorry but when I’ve left TS I was so mad. The only thing I’ve hear in TS was a woman (dont know who she is) whose was guess in an other server, complainted about all idiot around her. I think in myself than why nobody was said something about teq strats…. I also was in overflow with Julie Yann.5379 without TS and it was better than yesterday evening. I aggree we really need help. People who get Teq right now in SoS has guess on other server.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

yeah.. SoS just needs a lot of help… lol, no doubt about it.

If I had a tag things would be a loooot more easier.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

Seriously last round and we only got him to 90%.. gg.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Sea of Sorrows is in deep need of competent commanders.

Every commander we’ve had so far, some were well, but only stayed for one fight and gave up, the others were just garbage.

So please, someone that knows how to lead a zerg/STAND IN ONE SPOT to dps, come over to SoS.

Thanks, because we’ve only got him to like 50%…

You forgot to mention the afk ones. Had some battles where there was a blob of afk ones on the wp.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Whatever you guys do, don’t go so low that you ask for help from other servers. You can do it! This is coming from someone who thought their server would take a week to get it, or wouldn’t be able to organize enough.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

Whatever you guys do, don’t go so low that you ask for help from other servers. You can do it! This is coming from someone who thought their server would take a week to get it, or wouldn’t be able to organize enough.

You should guest over to SoS and see for yourself then. It’s incredible how many afks there are.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Or Trolls that lock up turrets so we can’t do anything.

It is very demoralizing for the whole of the SoS server.

Truely its no wonder that people on our server don’t want to do it anymore or can’t get organized to get it done.

Yes its been done multiple times by other servers yes there is a strategy for it.

But when the morale has been sucked from you to the point of you just want to uninstall the game and walk away its a sad day indeed.

After a fashion ANET has allowed some communities to grow through this event while crushing others via allowing people to control the outcome of the fight via turrets.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Elric of Grans.7684

Elric of Grans.7684

Sea of Sorrows is in a very cough sorry state around Teq. We are not even filling the main server any more, let alone having overflows also failing. Then half the players are AFK and/or trolls, so we barely make any headway.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GuNNeR.9475

GuNNeR.9475

Whats the SOS teamspeak? It’s pretty embarrassing, seems we are one of the worst

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

^ sosts.servegame.org

There’s nobody in it right now, I don’t think. Only the first and second day where we actually tried using TS. By now everyone has practically given up.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

GuNNeR.9475

Oh man that’s not kewl Any advise on where we should guest to?

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

Our last run.. he had 75% hp btw.. lol

Attachments:

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I think the best thing you can do is get everyone registered on one voice comm. This could take some work, but it would help you more than anything.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

I think the best thing you can do is get everyone registered on one voice comm. This could take some work, but it would help you more than anything.

We’ve tried, but no one would go on. Out of the population of maybe 100 on the map, only 30 average would get on. Even after asking to do so for the entire wait for him to spawn

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

We’ve tried, but no one would go on. Out of the population of maybe 100 on the map, only 30 average would get on. Even after asking to do so for the entire wait for him to spawn

That’s unfortunate. That’s one of the MOST important things.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Yeah, I am sorry you are having a tough time with this. Communication is very important. TQ is turning out to be a bit of a disaster, but if does one good thing, that is forcing people to start using voice comms.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

That’s unfortunate. That’s one of the MOST important things.

Yep.. sadly, that is the state of SoS. No TS communication, afk turrets, afk platformers, our zerg is hardly 30 people, whom half die after the first wave.

Now the main map is never full.

On another note; our SEA/Oceanic dominates WvW, though.. which is probably the only good thing, lol.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

Best thing I have seen on Sea of Sorrows main server so far is someone on the turrent facing the opposite direction trying to kill adds :P

edit forgot to mention the adds weren’t anywhere near him/her

(edited by spritefire.5234)

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

Best thing I have seen on Sea of Sorrows main server so far is someone on the turrent facing the opposite direction trying to kill adds :P

edit forgot to mention the adds weren’t anywhere near him/her

#thestruggle

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

I asked the lady leading the Teq kill guild in SoS, they said they were waiting a week for the trolls and afkers to get bored and leave then they were going to try.

They said they meet up at 6pm AEST, that’s 6pm Sydney, Australia Time (GMT+10) on SoS Teamspeak.

So if there’s any time to meet up on TS, i would suggest this time, doesn’t matter if only 30 people show up on the first day, keep showing up until we finally have 100+, tell your friends and guilds and map chat in SoS, it’s time for the Aussies to beach this whale.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Firebird Gomer.9563

And SoS continues to fail. 60% health left that time.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

GuNNeR.9475

Was promising though, its the afkers ruining it.

EDIT: and the people that won’t wp when they are dead

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Tobbygnome.6793

Still doing it, everyone in SoS get on SoS TS
\o/

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Firebird Gomer.9563

Hangs head in shame 80% that time.

It’s going to take something special now to beat this with our morale

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Julie Yann.5379

Hangs head in shame 80% that time.

It’s going to take something special now to beat this with our morale

I know what I will be doing saturday, I’m waking up extra earlier and I’m going to camp Blackgate’s Sparkly Fen until they beat it again. Then I will be giving Teq the finger and never do that event again.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

yeah… this is not going to go anywhere

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

I was on SoS, I have 7 kills under my belt and the world first….. I tried organizing and giving pointers and all I got was crap thrown my way on how I was wrong and didn’t know anything.

Your server is hopelessly full of rigid, rude players. Have fun getting help.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Firebird Gomer.9563

Hey Namu.

Sorry that the people treated you like that. I do promise not all of us are like that.

I think a lot of it is pure frustration that we cannot seemingly get it done and that the only choice we have is to try and guest somewhere which as everyone knows, everyone else is trying to do.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kamahil.3271

Kamahil.3271

I was on SoS, I have 7 kills under my belt and the world first….. I tried organizing and giving pointers and all I got was crap thrown my way on how I was wrong and didn’t know anything.

I know man, everyone won’t work together :/ and everyone is so rude and trolls

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

We need more than just commanders. Every time I’ve done this either there is no coordination or people don’t listen and respond to attempts to give instruction with the attitude of “it won’t work anyway so there is no point” or just being rude . Half the ppl seem to be afk by the turrets not actually defending them and QQ in the MP chat starts pretty much immediately. I tried guesting to another server even tho we didn’t win we got much further and the map chat was so much nicer and actually made the event enjoyable and even overflow dose better.

I came to this sever because it was oceanic and my friends were on it. They have since stopped playing and this servers gone to hell so I think I’ll save up, find a better server , a new guild and leave.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

Yea, I wish there was a way to move all those people to their own “I PLAY HOW I WANT” Potatoflow. If they wanna go full on Potato, let them, just stop them from botching it for the rest of us….

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Namu.5712

It was very frustrating. So I left the server dropped 20 bucks on a transfer I like to play and enjoy my play it was a big eye opener after seeing those players. Sucks for all the nice good players in SoS that a few can run it for the whole.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Tobbygnome.6793

Thanks for trying anyway Namu, really appreciate it, again we apologize for those players, no idea why they’re here i remember SoS always being a friendly place of Oceanic folks.

I’ll still keep on trying though, don’t really want to get a kill on another server (as of yet), it’s just amazing how hard it is to organize an overflow for us on TS to play in heh :P

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

It was very frustrating. So I left the server dropped 20 bucks on a transfer I like to play and enjoy my play it was a big eye opener after seeing those players. Sucks for all the nice good players in SoS that a few can run it for the whole.

My friend wants to leave too after seeing all those potatoes leeching.
But yea that “a few can ruin it for the whole” thing is the major flaw of this event.
Anet needs to consider that when they revamp Shatterer and Jormag.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Namu.5712

Thanks for trying anyway Namu, really appreciate it, again we apologize for those players, no idea why they’re here i remember SoS always being a friendly place of Oceanic folks.

I’ll still keep on trying though, don’t really want to get a kill on another server (as of yet), it’s just amazing how hard it is to organize an overflow for us on TS to play in heh :P

If overflows were numbered it would be doable especially if a warning came up saying your main server is full and gave you an option to CHOOSE what overflow your going to.

Then you could organize way easier.

Hope that comes to the game eventually. Think it will resolve alot of our issues.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Tobbygnome.6793

What we just did was get everyone in Teamspeak into a party with the people in the Overflow we wanted to use, then Join them there, yet we still had lots of stragglers. :P o well, we’ll try again 2morow.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

So SoS guys, should I even bother coming back to try this, or is it just a waste of time?

Serious question, this looked like an interesting event, now I’m starting to reconsider.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

So SoS guys, should I even bother coming back to try this, or is it just a waste of time?

Serious question, this looked like an interesting event, now I’m starting to reconsider.

Might as well pop in and see what it looks like.
You can still go for achievements like the tail dodge or something.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

so.. no progress as of yet? =/

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

cyborG.3026

Just logged in, the place is a ghost town now. Lol.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Everyone is too stubborn and/or lazy.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Firebird Gomer.9563

No Avatara.

That is not the case.

EVERYONE is too demoralized to continue trying on our own server.

Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Avatara.1042

We were bad to start with as well. Too many lazy people dying/akitteng, or not bothering to learn anything.