Should I even bother?

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

So just as a preface to this I am a casual player who is lucky to get two hours any given night to play. I am not apart of a large organized guild, we don’t do WvW we don’t have team speak, when we do dungeons we’re lucky to get a full five man turn out.

Just wondering if I should even bother sinking any of my limited time into trying this new fight.

For one there’s my small guild situation as I’ve said which means I’d likely be going in with one or two friends so we’d not be able to achieve the mass cooperation necessary for this fight on our own.

Then there’s the overall gear/build limitations I’ve seen talked about. From the sound of it anything with condition or critical strike reliance is right out since you can’t crit on Teqautl or some of the other enemies and everyone knows the woe of attempting conditions on a world boss.

Well that kind of limits me considering I’ve only four characters (my four lvl 80s, all others are far to low level), two of which are set up around either conditions or critical strikes. My most power based characters would be my Ranger or Minion Master Necro but taking pets against a boss of this scale is just asking for problems.

So what should I do? Attempt the new fight and risk just wasting my limited play time due to the frustrations of coordinating with masses of randoms, frustration from having little to no place in the fight for how my character is equipped, or should I just ignore this like most of the past few living world updates?

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

It’s only a 15 minute fight. So there’re no worries if you’ve got only an hour to play. If you fail, then move onto something else, if you succeed then yay!

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Short answer – no. You’ll waste money and unless you will camp the regular map you’ll have no chance.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Wait until the prestige kills are over with and they nerf him down to acceptable levels.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mmzn.8201

mmzn.8201

“acceptable levels” well thats your opinion …

Just to clarify, my best try got him down to 50%. So yeah I think the fight its ok, people will learn it and give 2 weeks max people will do this without using TS or other mass voice communication program

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Wait until the prestige kills are over with and they nerf him down to acceptable levels.

I highly doubt that will happen considering he has been defeated already and it’s what, day two? Sounds like he’s a cakewalk if you actually have a group of competent players and not mindless #1 spammers.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rasudido.6734

Rasudido.6734

No if youre a casual player then dont. Frankly even if you beat Tequatl the rewards are trash and not worth whatever you went through in those 15 minutes….

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

I highly doubt that will happen considering he has been defeated already and it’s what, day two? Sounds like he’s a cakewalk if you actually have a group of competent players and not mindless #1 spammers.

On the biggest servers. EU even had to band together on Desolation in order to beat him.

He will get nerfed or the event will die. Simple as.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

This might sound odd, but oh well here we go…

If you want the achievements or just really want to experience the fight with a reasonable chance to win, I would recommend the following:

Pay attention to the threads that talk about how close (or ones that have) certain servers have gotten to killing him.

Take into consideration api event timers for those servers.

Guest to one of those servers and get to sparkfly asap.

Make sure you are not in overflow.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

No if youre a casual player then dont. Frankly even if you beat Tequatl the rewards are trash and not worth whatever you went through in those 15 minutes….

You’re right. Ascended weapons are garbage. I mean..why waste a whole 15 minutes on this boss fight for a chance at a drop that could be one of the best weapons in the game.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

You’re right. Ascended weapons are garbage. I mean..why waste a whole 15 minutes on this boss fight for a chance at a drop that could be one of the best weapons in the game.

Because RNG. Correct me if I’m wrong but even if you do get astronomically lucky and get an ascended drop it will be random and most likely worthless.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

You mean waste hours and hours waiting for him, failing him, waiting for him, failing him, just to get a 0.00001% drop chance?

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

It’s only a 15 minute fight. So there’re no worries if you’ve got only an hour to play. If you fail, then move onto something else, if you succeed then yay!

It’s a 15 minutes fight, but you’ll never get into the official map anywhere near the event time, and the overflows stand zero chance whatsoever, so if you want any chance you need to log into the zone an hour or more in advance and hope to get out of overflow before the boss pops.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Delvoire.8930

You mean waste hours and hours waiting for him, failing him, waiting for him, failing him, just to get a 0.00001% drop chance?

No.. I mean play the game. Notice the UI alert that Teq is there, drop in, fight and see what happens.

How is that different than any other content in the entire game? You kill things for a chance a good loot. /story

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Notice the UI alert that Teq is there, drop in, fight and see what happens.

You realize that’s just going to put him in an overflow in which the fight is impossible, right?

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Delvoire.8930

Notice the UI alert that Teq is there, drop in, fight and see what happens.

You realize that’s just going to put him in an overflow in which the fight is impossible, right?

If everyone is trying to do this.. it shouldn’t matter if you’re in overflow or not. Unless I missed the memo that only the good players make it into the main server and that overflow servers are just for noobs……….

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Try it once. Couldn’t hurt.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

If everyone is trying to do this.. it shouldn’t matter if you’re in overflow or not. Unless I missed the memo that only the good players make it into the main server and that overflow servers are just for noobs……….

Overflows have no TS commander coordination, making them fail every single time. This content is beyond being able to pug.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Riot Inducer.8964

If you want the achievements or just really want to experience the fight with a reasonable chance to win, I would recommend the following:

Pay attention to the threads that talk about how close (or ones that have) certain servers have gotten to killing him.

I might actually try this, I have a friend on Sanctum of Rall I could join up with. I think I heard they managed a kill over there.

We’ll see how I feel tonight, I’d really like to get more out of the living world updates but it just feels like they’re excluding casuals more and more every time.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Delvoire.8930

Overflows have no TS commander coordination, making them fail every single time. This content is beyond being able to pug.

…….

I guess all you negative nancies are correct then. We should all just uninstall the game seeing as how this is just way too hard. Don’t try the content. Don’t attempt to win. I mean as long as no servers have beaten this, why even try…. OH wait……… It’s been beaten a few times you say?

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

I guess all you negative nancies are correct then. We should all just uninstall the game seeing as how this is just way too hard. Don’t try the content. Don’t attempt to win. I mean as long as no servers have beaten this, why even try…. OH wait……… It’s been beaten a few times you say?

And show me the first overflow that has beaten. In fact go to the topic of how low Teq has gotten and check the reported percentages for overflows. Big servers run massive TS servers with multiple guilds merging and still having trouble. On overflow you simply don’t stand the chance, but go and try if you so wish.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

Speaking of “Should I bother” and Overflows.

Am I wasting my time trying to get into my home server from an OF?

I have a feeling people are spamming the join party button while partying up with guildies, making a long queue even longer to the point that is going to be the only way in for the time being.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

I have a feeling people are spamming the join party button while partying up with guildies, making a long queue even longer to the point that is going to be the only way in for the time being.

There’s a gltich atm. 1. Have someone in the regular map. 2. Press “join” when it comes up with the “full” just wp to a wp without closing it down. Should work.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

There’s a gltich atm. 1. Have someone in the regular map. 2. Press “join” when it comes up with the “full” just wp to a wp without closing it down. Should work.

So, yes I am wasting my time?

Anyone from TC wanna help me out by partying up so I can do this?

I’ll give you a shiny gold piece!

(edited by Banono.4597)

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

It’s only a 15 minute fight.

If you know exactly when it’s up.
Which you don’t because you end up on overflow irregardless.
In which case you will spend at least half an hour there waiting so as not to miss it.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

I was in overflow today, and we managed to beat him down to 60%. That’s better than what I’ve seen in my actual server, so it’s possible. And besides, you get a Dragon Chest every time you drop him by 25% for the Megalaser event so I say it’s worth a try. Besides, what else are you going to do in the mean time? Farm dungeons? Farm champions? Mindless menial tasks that will probably drive you away from playing GW2 for the next 6 months (happened to me when I hit lvl 80 and did all story mode dungeons.)? You might as well just give it a try. Because if you’re even playing GW2, then you probably have time to kill, and what better way to kill time than to kill that SOB Tequatl.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

When you could be doing FG champ farming for better chances, yeah.

…….

You haven’t read a word of the post you were replying to, right?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I might actually try this, I have a friend on Sanctum of Rall I could join up with. I think I heard they managed a kill over there.

We’ll see how I feel tonight, I’d really like to get more out of the living world updates but it just feels like they’re excluding casuals more and more every time.

by all means that is a good idea.
Don’t feel excluded because you are casual.
I am pretty casual and I have a guild of one.

It is a fight that needs a lot of coordination sure but if you can follow directions/ read map chat and read up a bit how the fight runs (if you haven’t) there is no reason why you cannot contribute.

the actual fight lasts only 15 min or so, if you can get in it is well worth your time because it is a great fight.

have fun and don’t be intimidated

oh and as for your characters, best bet I guess would be the necro or the ranger even with the pets.
Just join one of the turret defense/ repair teams and do the best you can

Gunnar’s Hold

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Oolune.4357

Oolune.4357

Most of the people posting here saying no are just pessimistic. You SHOULD DEFINITELY give it a try whenever possible. Killing Teq multiple times has been great. Every time it is wonderful, and in fact even failing it is pretty fun. It has really brought some people together in different communities, and people should be capitalizing on this. Join the rest of your server mates/guest to another server and get involved, have some fun. It is really a good experience. =)

Tarnished Coast
Oolune :: Engineer — Arrow Of Oolune :: Human Ranger -- Shadow Of Oolune :: Human Thief
Box The Turtle :: Human Warrior — Bolobuns Of Steel :: Human Guardian

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Morrigan.2809

Short answer – no. You’ll waste money and unless you will camp the regular map you’ll have no chance.

what money?
The only money I spent so far was for one repair and the wp? So maybe 6 silver?
It is a really fun fight even when you fail, because it is massive, epic and unlike anything seen in the game before.
It is an experience I wouldn’t have missed for anything.

Gunnar’s Hold

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

Most of the people posting here saying no are just pessimistic. You SHOULD DEFINITELY give it a try whenever possible. Killing Teq multiple times has been great. Every time it is wonderful, and in fact even failing it is pretty fun. It has really brought some people together in different communities, and people should be capitalizing on this. Join the rest of your server mates/guest to another server and get involved, have some fun. It is really a good experience. =)

Seconding this, also, you don’t need to win the fight to get the wings.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

The experience is fun even if you fail. Well, if you fail bad then maybe not, but anyway.

If you actually want to down him, no casuals don’t stand a chance.

To get into one of the main servers capable of downing him, you have to wait in overflows for hours and hours. Depending on what time of day this is, it could be 4 hours or even longer, you may never get in.

If you try it on your home server, it will fail unless there is a breakthrough involving 150+ players all working together, with the right gear, in voice chat etc. Most servers never have this.

You could get extremely lucky and be on a server when a group of T1 server poeple decide to down him there. But thats like really strong luck there.

So yeah, gl.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

also, you don’t need to win the fight to get the wings.

Actually you don’t even have to participate in the Teq event. For the daily pre-requisite (here be dragons), it’s any old world boss.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

I guess it won’t take long until nobody is doing that anymore because time and effort aren’t worth the reward.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Missy.7356

Missy.7356

Can someone please tell me the requirements to get the chest at 75%, 2 times now Ive been in a overflow thats got him to below 75%, 2 times ive seen people get chests. The last time stayed close to commander, even got sent to a watery grave and no chest for me, so what do you have to do to get a chest, coz id hate to be in a server that actually kills him and get nothing.

(by server I mean overflow, since I havent guested anywhere)

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

The fight requires more preparation and effort than I am willing to give to a video game. It may be different for you, only way to find out is to try it.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

Just wondering if I should even bother sinking any of my limited time into trying this ight.

So what should I do? Attempt the new fight and risk just wasting my limited play time due to the frustrations of coordinating with masses of randoms, frustration from having little to no place in the fight for how my character is equipped, or should I just ignore this like most of the past few living world updates?

If you put it that way: my advice is to ignore it for now. While the fight lasts only 15 minutes you must be very early in the designated overflow/server, so it is more like an hour. The success chances in an organized attempt by Desolation commanders are good, but by no means certain. So yes, taking into account your low playing time, do something else.

Your other concerns are not warranted, though. Gear, for example, is not as important as following good commanders and do as they say.

Note: I spoke of the situation on Desolation (the best server in the game) because I am proud to play on it.

Note 2: My statement that Desolation is the best server in the game is not debatable. It is objective, true and precise.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Morrigan.2809

Can someone please tell me the requirements to get the chest at 75%, 2 times now Ive been in a overflow thats got him to below 75%, 2 times ive seen people get chests. The last time stayed close to commander, even got sent to a watery grave and no chest for me, so what do you have to do to get a chest, coz id hate to be in a server that actually kills him and get nothing.

the 75% chest is a pop up chest like the ones you get for the daily-
if you had other chests in your pop up it is easy to miss

Gunnar’s Hold

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

He’s been killed by people who dedicated and commited to killing him. Organizing with a large group and whatnot.

I dont think that when the buzz dies down these same quality players will keep killing Tequatl for the meager loot reward. When there are far more rewarding things you could be doing with your time.

As for the original question. No, dont bother. You really only stand any kind of chance on certain servers in their main map, not in overflows. To get into the main server you need to be there well ahead of time. Show up 30min or less before the fight and you will very likely not get the mainserver.
So thats a good 45min-1h of your time wasted on the fight that will most likely fail.

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

On the biggest servers. EU even had to band together on Desolation in order to beat him.

He will get nerfed or the event will die. Simple as.

Yes the biggest servers were able to defeat him within 24hrs. And since then more have been popping up. You really need to not jump the gun with the “ITS TOO HARD NERF IT!!” reaction. Fact is that it can be done if those participating follow instruction. Over time the ones that show up to the fight will be the ones that have done it, know how to do it, and want to actually win. The people like you will stop showing up because its just too hard for them, leaving it to people like us who want to band together.

For example, on my server FA, we did it last night, had plenty of issues keeping turrets up, no one was rezzing and running despite constant instruction to rez and run and we STILL got him down 30% (compared with day one when people couldn’t even take 5%HP off of him). After the fight, the ones that were dead on the ground left the zone, some remarking that fight is nuts and they won’t waste their times again (better for us that way) and everyone else that actually wanted to win stayed after the fight to discuss strategies and to educate those that didn’t understand the fight. <— that is the learning process. That is what every server will go through. Eventually it will be figured out. There are already guides out from successful servers on what attacks to use, what potions, what boons, etc, for each specific class.

The population will become educated and Teq will be defeated in time. If you think all content, regardless of difficulty, should be able to be completed within 24hrs, or heck within even 1 week, of release, then you have been spoiled as a gamer for far too long.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Apparently you need to participate in a succesful laser defence.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Riot Inducer.8964

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I ended up joining up for one of the fights, hung back and did what I could with the turret defense groups. We failed horribly but since I went into it with the mindset that it didn’t matter either way it was no big deal and I actually had fun with it. Got the daily done and I am now enjoying going for the various Boss Week achievements.

(edited by Riot Inducer.8964)

Should I even bother?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rage The Numbers.7943

Rage The Numbers.7943

As it’s only a 15 minute fight, I would look over http://tinyurl.com/teqstrat and do the best you can.

Good luck and remember to always aim to have fun!

Rage The Nornynorn – Guild Leader [RR] Reddit Refugees
Sanctum of Rall
http://www.reddit.com/r/Reddit_Refugees – Visit the site for Recruitment!