Something to keep in mind about Tequatl.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vathill.6125

Vathill.6125

He Isn’t made to be a farmable boss anymore

I just want to get my two cents out there for the sake of those who think this update is a means to stop anyone from getting the new gear, less experienced players from enjoying the content, so on and so forth.

This event is made for the whole server to work united against a huge threat. And it has definitely made it feel as such. For what everyone has had to deal with as far as the hardest content, has been between Mad Kings Clocktower and Liadri. But never on a scale this large that required everyone making a team effort.

Is it tough? You bet, Impossible? No, a server has already proven that it can be beaten, and i tip my hat to them for their coordination and teamwork.

While i’m slightly worried that people will stop showing up to the event because of the fact it is so difficult (Looking back at Southshore and the Kraka.) I have no doubt people will want to for the chance for the Ascended weapons and such.

Congrats to the server(s?) that have beaten Tequatl, and here is hoping more servers will follow in victory!

Vathill – Tarnished Coast – Warrior Commander

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

All I can say is hope it works out for them…BG cooperation was off the roof they are already a tier 1 wvw guild and are used to that, so saying BG beat it is really not a portrayal of anything. I wanna see some other server maybe tier 3 in wvw beat it without the communication in TS3. Which should not be required to beat the boss.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Tequatl Rising

Vathill.6125

I agree that Tequatl needs to have a few more minutes added to his fight,15 minutes seems like quite the challenge for servers that aren’t so used to the communication like Blackgate.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vertixico.4805

Vertixico.4805

Thank you. I am glad for someone here to actually praise the difficulty of the boss. Challanges are what can make oneself proud of his accomplishments =)

in Tequatl Rising

Vathill.6125

Oh the boss mechanics are fantastic! There is a huge sense of panic and chaos with all that is going on and so many things need to be considered during the fight. I’m looking forward to what they might do to the other dragons later on.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I have done the event twice now, and will not even be trying it again for some time. A huge waste of time and effort. Maybe when people learn to work together, but until then there are other activities that are much more enjoyable so I for one will not be showing up for any more events.

in Tequatl Rising

Vathill.6125

I’ve noticed a lot of people have been really discouraged from the fight because they see it as a pain, instead of enjoying the mechanics. Hopefully you change your mind about it and give it another try sometime, until then i’ll be doing all i can with my server to beat it!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

I think you’re right about that. They did make Tequatl into a boss that can fail, and fail often. Now whether that’s a good thing, I’m not convinced of that.

I see the mechanics. And they are a bit interesting. Cannons to buff the group and keep them clean of poison. Group to protect the cannons and the people on them. It’s all very compelling. But does it really belong in a big open world boss fight with 100 people that you can’t coordinate?

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

(edited by Coldin.2840)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

The mechanics are really fun we don’t stand and attack to beat him anymore. The health pool is too big and the required damage is annoying. Needs to be scaled or something, atm im not sure. But good luck. Hope you guys find a way to beat it and it is actually easy. Feels like everyone is missing something obvious.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Yes, the fight mechanics are much better and is an update that was needed. In GW1, there where many missions that actually took strategy, and they where the most fun to play. Standing in place spamming a single skill is about as much fun as running around in a zerg. That being said, this fight was just simply no fun. I do not know what the complete rewards for beating it are yet but what ever it is it will not be enough to waste my time on.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

said this elsewhere.. how long has the update been out? can we give it maybe at least, 3 days? before people complani it’s not doable? my main reasonig for this is, the more people do it, the more you’ll learn, the more word will get out, the more preparations you can make, the more people you can teach… let the “event” run its course first and if there are things that need to be changed or adjusted, they’ll do it then. not 12 hours after the patch – that is, if nothing is blaringly wrong or game breaking.

so, OP, thanks for this message and the share.

too many people just want things handed to them on a silver platter before it’s even ready. tsk tsk, i say. tsk tsk.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

The difficulty doesn’t concern me, but some things do:

the inability to get into my own server’s map,
the inability to game with my guild,
the dashed hopes of the queue popping, and
the indeterminate wait around Teq spawning

I find all of these add to the defining characteristic of this “fight” – tedium.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

In GW1, there where many missions that actually took strategy, and they where the most fun to play.

Please dont bring GW1 into this Tequatl debate. I could solo entire available PvE content in GW1 and in fact I did. I wonder how I am going to solo coordinate 100+ people in my overflow if half of them maybe even dont speak english good enough (EU).

in Tequatl Rising

Vathill.6125

Everyone knows this, Akamon. While i agree there are some people who have this mindset of “If i can’t beat it within the first 3 attempts it needs to be nerfed now.” I do expect something to level out for majority of the Servers That have yet to make a dent in Tequatl due to a massive uncoordinated attempt.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Is it tough? You bet, Impossible? No, a server has already proven that it can be beaten, and i tip my hat to them for their coordination and teamwork.

The level of coordination and teamwork required for that win is in itself a proof that the event is in fact impossible for the majority of the servers.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

The level of coordination and teamwork required for that win is in itself a proof that the event is in fact impossible for the majority of the servers.

Guy is deluded, no point trying to explain.
“Oh, Usain Bolt ran a 9.6s 100m! It’s possible! You can too!”

We’ll see but if half a dozen servers end up knocking him out I’ll be surprised.
Saw him three times tonight, first barely got to 75%, second didn’t cross 85%, and the last one didn’t even reach 95%.
Heck, that first one it wasn’t even a terribly good reward.

Too many randoms, afkers, farmers, and in general people who can’t do these events.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Saw him three times tonight, first barely got to 75%, second didn’t cross 85%, and the last one didn’t even reach 95%.
Heck, that first one it wasn’t even a terribly good reward.

Getting him to 75% is actually more than half way done with the fight though, in terms of length!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

I guess it’s a good thing that people that give up easily don’t show up anymore? Maybe it will leave the people that actually want to make an effort to get organised on a map together and not spread up over several overflows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Not sure how us lower tier servers are meant to be able to beat this guy. I thought wvw was just a population issue but now pve is too…

Guess I will have to guest to the more populated servers and steal their map slots to even stand a chance of getting this boss under 90% /shrugs

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

People that are sick of overflows should join forces and guest on a low pop server and do the event there in an organised group

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

world bosses aren’t farmable anyways, you did it once per day for a rare and that was it.

If anything, you need to be on that one time a day people are coordinating it, because any other time it will fail.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I guess it’s a good thing that people that give up easily don’t show up anymore? Maybe it will leave the people that actually want to make an effort to get organised on a map together and not spread up over several overflows

This is what I am hoping for too.
If that happens it will be awesome.

I was lucky enough to have my first try on my own server and even though we failed miserably (we got him to about 95%) people were really trying and learning from their mistakes.

I loved that it is a server effort and if we only have people who want to be there it will be great for the community.

+1 OP

Gunnar’s Hold

in Tequatl Rising

Astralporing.1957

I loved that it is a server effort and if we only have people who want to be there it will be great for the community.

“When we chase away everyone that’s not up to our standart, it will be good for community”. That’s what you are really saying (because, unfortunately, there’s no guarantee that the people willing to stay will be above average players).

Actions, not words.

in Tequatl Rising

Morrigan.2809

“When we chase away everyone that’s not up to our standart, it will be good for community”. That’s what you are really saying (because, unfortunately, there’s no guarantee that the people willing to stay will be above average players).

I am not chasing anyone away and I am not sure why you think so.
I am responding to all the: this is a waste of my time, too hard , no loot posts.

Generally people who feel like that don’t want to be there and why should they?

At the moment they are chasing achievements- but since it is not worth their time and effort because loot- how do they contribute? Lying dead? afk at canons or just complaining in map?

Also I really don’t have a standard- other than don’t stand in the aoe, pay attention and follow directions and wp when you are dead.
that is not really too much to ask is it?

If the people who do show up want to win and work together to do so- then yes it will be great for the community, since it will take effort by everyone involved.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

You know what? Make it something that people who are level appropriate for the zone (level 65, I believe) and not using consumables and in TS can beat.

IF they needed to make a boss this ridiculous, it should have been an all new one, tucked off in some far corner of a lvl 80 zone. Not the first dragon most players are ever going to encounter.

Remember the moaning about AC? Notice how nobody every runs path 2 anymore – ever? Because the effort isn’t worth the reward? Yeah, it’s like that – but worse.

in Tequatl Rising

Astralporing.1957

Also I really don’t have a standard- other than don’t stand in the aoe, pay attention and follow directions and wp when you are dead.

And be properly geared level 80…
Yes, that is actually above what should be expected of average players.

Actions, not words.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sungam.9204

Sungam.9204

Considering that after 1 year, the majority of (melee) people still don’t know where to stand or how to move to do optimal damage to world bosses, the failure rate of this encounter is no surprise.

I really feel bad for people that are playing in off peak times. This is content with account bound rewards that they will never be able to complete.

in Tequatl Rising

Morrigan.2809

O-O
I would think that if you are level 80 you would have learned most of that by just playing the game to 80.
As for paying attention – it is not hard
I think of myself as very average but I don’t know what you mean by average.
properly geared? what qualifies as properly geared?

Gunnar’s Hold

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

I know what I’m doing. I just don’t know if everyone else knows what they’re doing.

But I don’t know enough to tell or tell them what they should be doing. So, keep trying. It’ll get better. It’s not like it’s going to get worse.

The brute force method of learning! Maybe SAB was trying to train us for this sort of thing.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Tequatl Rising

Astralporing.1957

O-O
I would think that if you are level 80 you would have learned most of that by just playing the game to 80.

which is why i keep seeing people dying at the Claw’s feet during his second phase? Yes, level 80’s. Some in arah armor and/or with legendaries.
And i said level 80 is because more than a few of the undergeared/lower level people are an almost certain fail to the event (due to no fault of their own).

I think of myself as very average but I don’t know what you mean by average.

If you know what’s going on you are already above average. Remember, most of the people not only never visits forums/wiki, but also don’t bother to read chat or thinks it doesn’t apply to them (on european servers they often also don’t speak english). Paying attention is one matter (and even this you really shouldn’t expect from everyone.), but acting on it is another. There are level 80 people here that never learned to dodge. There are people here that don’t have arcade player’s reflexes and so on, and so on. People that represent the minimum satisfactory level for that event are actually a tiny minority.

I know what I’m doing. I just don’t know if everyone else knows what they’re doing.

That’s the problem – i know lot of them don’t know what they are doing. And i know that i am in minority, so i can’t ven really blame them for the fact that Anet designed this event badly, without consideration for their own players.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)