Stop guesting system!

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Toxic Strong.6942

Toxic Strong.6942

I can’t enter my home server to fight TEQ this 3 days !
Too many pugs guest our server and i can’t play with my guild members and my friends.

This is the worst design or a plan of online games i have ever seen before.
words.

i have no idea why ArenaNet made so many bad designs and bad plans in those 3 patchs of living storys recently.

Queen’s Gauntlet
SAB
and Tequatl rising

Your guys really know the things player want to play?

Please check or play the change what u design before release the new living story patch.

My friends and i are very very very disappointed to your design.

If there is nothing change,
i think we all quit this ridiculous game and never buy your productions forever.

I don’t have fun in GW2 anymore.
All i feel is angry.
I have played online games about 12 years.
And i have to say … this is my first time rage in game.

(edited by Toxic Strong.6942)

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

This is true rage.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

My favorite part.. “words.”

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

That’s interesting, because the last three patches were my favourites since the Bazaar.

Can’t please everybody, I guess.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m not for stopping guesting. It has a good purpose when used as intended (to play alongside friends on another server). It’s just being abused to go to another server for selfish reasons. It just needs to be restricted to only allowing guesting to a server if you have a friend from that server online.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I’m not for stopping guesting. It has a good purpose when used as intended (to play alongside friends on another server). It’s just being abused to go to another server for selfish reasons. It just needs to be restricted to only allowing guesting to a server if you have a friend from that server online.

You might have some trouble making any to begin with in that case.

Like I posted in another one of these threads, it would make more sense to just limit it when things hit overflow. To be very extreme you could have a hard limit (like 10% of a map’s pre-overflow pop limit could be filled by guests, with 90% being guaranteed slots for natives) but then if it never hits overflow, it wouldn’t matter if a map was almost filled by guests. It would be restrictive for no particular reason.

Instead, I suggest that guests merely not be queued when in overflow, nor able to be pulled in via a party. They either arrive early or miss it – but don’t get kicked (at least, no more than anyone gets kicked), and server natives are the sole incoming population to their server until an overflow is no longer required.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Aberrant.6749

You might have some trouble making any to begin with in that case.

Like I posted in another one of these threads, it would make more sense to just limit it when things hit overflow. To be very extreme you could have a hard limit (like 10% of a map’s pre-overflow pop limit could be filled by guests, with 90% being guaranteed slots for natives) but then if it never hits overflow, it wouldn’t matter if a map was almost filled by guests. It would be restrictive for no particular reason.

Instead, I suggest that guests merely not be queued when in overflow, nor able to be pulled in via a party. They either arrive early or miss it – but don’t get kicked (at least, no more than anyone gets kicked), and server natives are the sole incoming population to their server until an overflow is no longer required.

Nah, I’ve made plenty of friends from all different servers from doing dungeons with them. If you’re guesting to a server where you don’t know anyone… then why are you there?

Tarnished Coast

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Regenerator.7326

Regenerator.7326

That’s interesting, because the last three patches were my favourites since the Bazaar.

Can’t please everybody, I guess.

exactly. guess some body just doesnt have the guts of a true norn to handle some challenge!

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

LameFox.6349

Nah, I’ve made plenty of friends from all different servers from doing dungeons with them. If you’re guesting to a server where you don’t know anyone… then why are you there?

Have you not noticed the frequency with which events in GW2 bug and become impossible until reset?

Then if you’re on a larger server, the way this game funnels people into specific content can make it absurd. If you want to get people together in the same instance of a zone without contending with overflow(s), or the swarms are annihilating everything in their path before your less mobile class/build can even arrive (or maybe you’d just prefer to not annihilate everything in swarms) or your CPU is beginning to smoulder, guesting to a less populated server might be all you can do short of be awake at a time that isn’t realistically feasible for you.

The opposite can also be true, which is why we have this issue in the first place. There are times in the quiet hours on TC when I can’t find people for an event in Orr, for a while. Maybe a temple besides Balthazar goes unopened for a bit. There’s… most of the time in a day, that I can’t find anyone doing events in SC, and the odd scattered things in other zones that require more than one person often go unattended in any but the busier times. Then there’s… let’s say ET. I honestly wonder if the average online users in prime time if it has one, could put two zones in overflow. If I found out it wasn’t even enough for one I’d maybe be vaguely surprised.

So there are certainly reasons, and considering that most of the time it’s totally harmless anyway, limiting it constantly seems entirely unwarranted.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

If you think that closing guesting is going to fix your overflow problem, let me tell you, you are mistaking.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Axelion.7920

Axelion.7920

Guesting certainly has it’s place, for the sake of friends playing, etc. However, I would agree it’s abused. At this point, you can simply guest instead of transfer in order to play on an already overpopulated server. If you aren’t going to pull the trigger and buy the transfer, I believe there should be more limitations on guests.

Since these are -world- bosses, it seems to me that perhaps guesting would not elicit loot. Overflows should still be able to (as it’s not guesting), but I don’t believe that people should be able to simply “guest” their way to another server who has killed a boss, or regularly kills a boss, just to get the kill. Doing this also contributes to making their home server even -more- empty, and further overpopulates the already overpopulated servers.

Another alternative – grant ‘perks’ to those who do something on their home server, rather than guesting. I don’t know. I just feel like the notion of guesting more or less just consolidates all activity to a few dedicated servers.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cruril Darksbane.2318

Cruril Darksbane.2318

Too many pugs guest our server and i can’t play with my guild members and my friends.

words.

i have no idea why ArenaNet made so many bad designs and bad plans in those 3 patchs of living storys recently.

Queen’s Gauntlet
SAB
and Tequatl rising

Please check or play the change what u design before release the new living story patch.

i think we all quit this ridiculous game and never buy your productions forever.

All i feel is angry.

What do you mean you can’t play with friends or guild members? Join a party then warp to them… This post is full of so much BS.

Also do not state you played games online for 12 years as if it’s a badge of honour. People have played online games for MUCH longer.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ThePedroKid.2580

ThePedroKid.2580

If you think that closing guesting is going to fix your overflow problem, let me tell you, you are mistaking.

Absolutely correct.

It’s not the guesting. It’s that you are on one of the most populated servers in the game. Congratulations.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

I agree guesting to highest populated servers need to stop. Lower pop servers should guest med pop or each other.

It’s not going to fix it, but it’s going to reduce it alot.

(edited by Lucyfer.9517)

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

even if you are on the most populated server, it takes about 20 mins to get in the main server. hell some people even leave the main server to go wvw for 20 mins or more, then come back into the main server. all you need is 1 friend in the main server. people do this all the time on BG.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

LameFox.6349

Since these are -world- bosses, it seems to me that perhaps guesting would not elicit loot. Overflows should still be able to (as it’s not guesting), but I don’t believe that people should be able to simply “guest” their way to another server who has killed a boss, or regularly kills a boss, just to get the kill. Doing this also contributes to making their home server even -more- empty, and further overpopulates the already overpopulated servers.

Probably better not to assume players are trapped in the game. Giving up on playing because there’s never enough people on their server wouldn’t make it grow either. Nor would transferring away, for those willing to do it.

‘Perks’ could have some effect I guess, but it would still depend on being able to get enough people there when you’re online. Lack of a perk is better than lack of everything, so if it simply wasn’t happening for someone, they’d go anyway. For those guesting out of high pop servers it would also be an unnecessary hindrance: they’re not making overpopulation worse.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ThePedroKid.2580

ThePedroKid.2580

Guests are put in the same overflows and ‘natives’ are given priority to move to the main server. Natives always get on the main server prior to a guest. That is how the system works according to dev postings on these forums.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Aberrant.6749

Have you not noticed the frequency with which events in GW2 bug and become impossible until reset?

Then if you’re on a larger server, the way this game funnels people into specific content can make it absurd. If you want to get people together in the same instance of a zone without contending with overflow(s), or the swarms are annihilating everything in their path before your less mobile class/build can even arrive (or maybe you’d just prefer to not annihilate everything in swarms) or your CPU is beginning to smoulder, guesting to a less populated server might be all you can do short of be awake at a time that isn’t realistically feasible for you.

The opposite can also be true, which is why we have this issue in the first place. There are times in the quiet hours on TC when I can’t find people for an event in Orr, for a while. Maybe a temple besides Balthazar goes unopened for a bit. There’s… most of the time in a day, that I can’t find anyone doing events in SC, and the odd scattered things in other zones that require more than one person often go unattended in any but the busier times. Then there’s… let’s say ET. I honestly wonder if the average online users in prime time if it has one, could put two zones in overflow. If I found out it wasn’t even enough for one I’d maybe be vaguely surprised.

So there are certainly reasons, and considering that most of the time it’s totally harmless anyway, limiting it constantly seems entirely unwarranted.

…and you don’t have ONE friend from ONE other server online to go do any of these with? Plus this just covers up the problem of certain events/quests bugging out etc. and causes far more problems in other ways.

Tarnished Coast

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

If only OP had a ball he would take it away… “i can’t play? nobody will!”

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Changing Guesting to require an invitation that anyone on the home server can give would be ok, that way friends can play together without a problem. That is the point of the feature after all.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

I have no idea why people think that a server is more theirs than other’s.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

But if they shut down guesting, how is that Blackgate super guild going to come over and carry us through Tequatl so that I can get the achievement.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Toxic Strong.6942

Toxic Strong.6942

words.

Queen’s Gauntlet
SAB
and Tequatl rising

All i feel is angry.

What do you mean you can’t play with friends or guild members? Join a party then warp to them… This post is full of so much BS.

Also do not state you played games online for 12 years as if it’s a badge of honour. People have played online games for MUCH longer.

All your post is full so much BS too.
Try to party your friends or guild members with very high population server and try to join in their location,
you still in overflow server because of nobody log out the main server.

Poor boy,
I suggest you can make sure your common method still work first next time.

By the way,
What i said “i played online game about 12 years and feel bad” is my thought for ArenaNET,
and i’m not care about how much time you or other people spend.
it’s not my business and it’s not your business too.

No one will think you are a mute when you close your mouth.
so just shut your mouth and keep your useless opinions,
and we can save our time.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I have no idea why people think that a server is more theirs than other’s.

I wish they’d get rid of “servers”. People are getting pretty ridiculous. I think we should all be able to play with whoever we want, wherever we want. But I guess we’re stuck with them though because of WvW?
Maybe they could just make all the world boss areas into districts. I never played GW1, but from what I’ve read it looks like those areas were open to all? It was like our overflows? Then it wouldn’t matter. I wish people would quit talking about their servers all together. PvE shouldn’t be restricted. Then low pop “servers” wouldn’t matter.

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Winky The Wonderful.1578

Winky The Wonderful.1578

If Natives had priority, and another server hops over to help them beat Teq, a server with the resources to beat him and intending to help the Natives learn the fight, get the achievements, rewards, etc. Wouldn’t the Natives trying to get in bump the people out with the resources and the know-how to beat Teq. So in the end the Natives probably wont beat Teq. because they bumped all the guests out that could help them beat Teq.? So then those servers that can beat him will be forced to beat him on their server more or less, and servers with low pop or just flat out don’t have the resources are just sol for the most part?

Sure there are plenty of reasons why Natives should have priority, those on servers that can beat it, can’t get into their server to beat it with their buddies because maybe their client crashed, they got disconnected, or they just want to be there. I think for crash errors or d/c, they need to reserve your place for a few minutes or figure something better out so you can get back in, I’m not completely convinced home server priority is the best answer though, in the end someone is going to lose, no matter the person that can’t get into the server, or the person that gets booted out.

I think it’s a nice idea for the servers that can beat it to assist the other servers who can’t, and I for one appreciate those servers that step up to do just that. It shows leadership on their part and I think it’s good for the Guild Wars 2 community as a whole, but I also think it’s nice for people to guest over on those same servers to see how it’s done, then take that info back to their server and hopefully after a bit of time, more and more people realize what is needed for this fight, and future fights to come.

As far as Home Server Priority, I’m just not convinced it will work out for the entire Guild Wars 2 community. There is also the “Newness” factor of the content as well, it hasn’t even been out for a week yet. =\

Stop guesting system!

in Tequatl Rising

LameFox.6349

…and you don’t have ONE friend from ONE other server online to go do any of these with? Plus this just covers up the problem of certain events/quests bugging out etc. and causes far more problems in other ways.

Why on earth would it be based on what I can do? I’ve been playing since pre-release, on EU and NA servers, my contacts are all over the place. This helps anyone outside said list not at all. Events have been bugging out since then, too. Sometimes the same ones. If they could fix that so easily I think they’d have done it by now.

What other problems?