Stop messing with existing bosses

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

All you are doing is making this game less accessible to newer players. Leave the bosses the way they were. Add new bosses/dragons in addition. Come on. This is just lazy.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

YOU’RE too lazy to learn to play the game. Try double tapping a movement key. It let’s you dodge attacks. Then if you’re not exhausted by then, you can even press the “6” button on your keyboard to get some of your health back!

Seriously, some of the fights (Maw) are still super easy. If you want it easier, maybe you need to go play something else.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

YOU’RE too lazy to learn to play the game. Try double tapping a movement key. It let’s you dodge attacks. Then if you’re not exhausted by then, you can even press the “6” button on your keyboard to get some of your health back!

Seriously, some of the fights (Maw) are still super easy. If you want it easier, maybe you need to go play something else.

You don’t read very well do you ?

in Tequatl Rising

FoopOplo.7914

I do read well enough to know that you don’t put a space in between your sentence and your question mark at the end.

Either way, let’s stick to the original post please. I along with the majority like the changes being made. Unfortunately it’s just casuals who are most vocal at times.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GenoUnknown.7504

GenoUnknown.7504

When I was a new player, my first world Boss wkittenterer (<— Lawl, it’s blocked. The Dragon in Blazeridge). Man I was excited. Big Dragon that looks incredibly awesome. This fight is gonna be extremely tough and fun.

I was sorely disappointed. Jormag was my next world boss, and it was better, but it still lacked a real big challenge. I was a new player, and I felt the bosses were not bosses. Just bigger group events. I feel this way even today (a year later). There needs to be tweaks to these bosses. Maybe not quite on this scale, as it alienates a large base of people (I personally love this new Teq), but enough to still offer a challenge but still beatable with effort.

It’s hard to balance everything. They may have been over ambitious with Teq, but it’s possible to kill. I don’t think my server will accomplish it anytime soon, but I think we’ll eventually get it. We’re not Blackgate, but we still have fun, even if we fail. That’s all that matters in my opinion.

EDIT: I do want to point I would love resources put towards new bosses as well, but updating old ones is okay too, in my opinion.

Kisu Beki(Guardian) | Suki The Great (Warrior) | Suki Grimm (Necromancer)
Geno Bishou (Elementist) | Suki The Huntress (Ranger) | Geno The Unknown (Thief)

(edited by GenoUnknown.7504)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

You don’t read very well do you ?

No people just rage post these days.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

The game and boss changes (Tequatl aside) are plenty accessible to new players.

The difference is that now people cant AFK farm bosses on a rotation. Give players a moderate challenge and engage them. Standing by the Shatterer’s right leg and setting auto attack so you can get your daily ecto chance was not fun, challenging or engaging.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I like that they are making the dragons actually formidable like they really should have been from the start. Can’t wait for the others to be updated!

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Tequatl Rising

Ashen.2907

I do read well enough to know that you don’t put a space in between your sentence and your question mark at the end.

Actually yes I do.

Either way, let’s stick to the original post please. I along with the majority like the changes being made. Unfortunately it’s just casuals who are most vocal at times.

The original post had no comment about laziness or unwillingness to face difficult encounters. The OP requested that ANet work on new encounters rather than expend resources on existing bosses. Your reply had little to do with the OP’s point.

Also, what percentage of the player base likes the changes ? If you are declaring it to be a majority you must have the numbers…right ?

For what it is worth I think that increasing the difficulty of world bosses is a wonderful idea. The fights felt very bland before.

I like that they are making the dragons actually formidable like they really should have been from the start. Can’t wait for the others to be updated!

^^^What he said.

OP, games of this sort are always in a state of evolution. Encounters will change as the devs continuously react to players.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

in Tequatl Rising

FoopOplo.7914

Despite how angry you seem to be at me, I think we’re closer to being on the same page than you realize. I personally just think we should give these fights more time and let it die down a bit before going crazy and asking for a nerf.

I like a challenge, that’s all I’m trying to say here.

in Tequatl Rising

Ashen.2907

Despite how angry you seem to be at me, I think we’re closer to being on the same page than you realize. I personally just think we should give these fights more time and let it die down a bit before going crazy and asking for a nerf.

I like a challenge, that’s all I’m trying to say here.

I share your position, as stated here, completely. Calling for nerfs on day one of a new encounter, even as a server is pushing to beat it (grats to BG), seems odd to me. An encounter that is meant to have an massive epic feel should not be easy IMO…and should certainly not be something that you can toggle <1> and AFK !

When I see what could only be considered an off-topic personal attack I tend, at times, to respond in kind. My apologies.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

while there may be some flaws with the “tuning” of the Teq event……the rest of the boss updates were SORELY needed.

the world boss chest events now have a nice range of difficulty (with Teq being the ultimate). there are still easy ones like maw, shadow behemoth, and fire ele (though you can’t play as mindlessly as before) that are good for casuals. and if those are too hard for you, then you can still follow the champ farm trains and get easy rewards.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

All you are doing is making this game less accessible to newer players. Leave the bosses the way they were. Add new bosses/dragons in addition. Come on. This is just lazy.

It’s one boss.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

The issue, really, is that Tequatl is now a fight that essentially requires a group of nothing but scaled 80s in full Exotic, but is in an area that is going to be populated primarily with lower levels in blues and yellows.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

It’s one boss.

You’re aware that they’ve announced similar revamps for the other World Bosses, right?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

All you are doing is making this game less accessible to newer players.

My friend, if the new blood is tainted with weakness and malaise to that point, I believe that transfusion would be most undesirable.
Some effort has never killed anyone.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I respectfully disagree. I had a blast watching the lazy farmers getting blasted yesterday. The encounter went something like this:

Boss: Flame Elemental
The clean-up is almost complete and I observe the regular posse of warriors migrate to the centre of the room. So, helpful as I am, I tell them in chat that the new boss will burn anyone too close to it.

Obviously I get ignored. With a couple of seconds left before the abomination appears I repeat my warning, only to be mocked.

And so the Fire Elemental appears, swiftly burns the whole group to a crisp in a couple of seconds and the rest of the fight gets accompanied by comments like:
“What is this crap!”
“This is too much!”
“OMG, another part of the game ruined, thanks Anet!”

“This sucks!”
No gentlemen, you suck!

I got much more enjoyment out of that than I should have really.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Here’s my view as a guardian during these ’new ’ events:

FE: Staff 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1, loot, gg
Wurm: Sceptor 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1, loot, gg
Golem: Sceptor 1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1, loot, gg
Maw: Greatsword 1-1-1 (5mins later) 1-1-1-1, loot, gg
Claw: Rocket 1-1-1 (20mins later) 1-1-1-1, loot, gg

I’m being super serious right now, I can literally do all this right now. The HP buff were uncalled for, the fights were already boring, now they’re just boring and tedious

Like I didn’t already have a reason to hate doing these champs, they’re god awful now.

(edited by Charak.9761)

in Tequatl Rising

Evans.6347

If you purposely want to restrict yourself by only using auto-attacks Charak, that’s your choice, but you shouldn’t come complaining about your self imposed boredom. Perhaps if you made yourself a bit more useful it would have gone faster and you’d have a bit more fun at it.

in Tequatl Rising

Charak.9761

If you purposely want to restrict yourself by only using auto-attacks Charak, that’s your choice, but you shouldn’t come complaining about your self imposed boredom. Perhaps if you made yourself a bit more useful it would have gone faster and you’d have a bit more fun at it.

I’m saying it’s okay to make them more complex, but don’t ruin it by thinking more hp equals more difficulty. If an open-world boss is going to take a long time to kill because he has a needlessly large HP pool (ie Maw is a lvl10 boss, he does not need a HP pool that soaks 5mins of damage), then it becomes tedious which in turns makes it boring. you can dance around all you want during the fight, but you do just as much damage AAing in one spot.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I’m saying it’s okay to make them more complex, but don’t ruin it by thinking more hp equals more difficulty. If an open-world boss is going to take a long time to kill because he has a needlessly large HP pool (ie Maw is a lvl10 boss, he does not need a HP pool that soaks 5mins of damage), then it becomes tedious which in turns makes it boring. you can dance around all you want during the fight, but you do just as much damage AAing in one spot.

I understand this. Outside of Tequatl, none of the world bosses are particularly harder. Most of them have maybe one (or two) slightly tweaked wrinkles, but otherwise, it’s just a matter of more health and a timer.

I know SOME of the world bosses will get a rework, but I don’t know about these low level ones.

in Tequatl Rising

Evans.6347

I’m not convinced that the added health is the problem, it seems pretty neglectable. Granted, I have only played the Fire Elemental so far, but I noticed the health is just about the same. It’s just that you cant stand on it spamming HB any more. People need area awareness now, and that is why it takes longer.

That’s far from a bad thing too. World bosses should be impressive and dangerous, and clearly they weren’t anymore. I’ll enjoy the new difficulty for as long as it lasts, because undoubtedly the community will find ways to exploit them sooner or later again.

in Tequatl Rising

Charak.9761

I’m not convinced that they just added health. I have only played the Fire Elemental so far, but I noticed the health is just the same. It’s just that you cant stand on it spamming HB anymore. People need area awareness now, and that is why it takes longer.

That’s far from a bad thing too. World bosses should be impressive and dangerous, and clearly they weren’t anymore. I’ll enjoy the new difficulty for as long as it lasts, because undoubtedly the community will find ways to exploit them sooner or later again.

So far Maw, Golem, and Wurm have noticeably larger HP pools, the others are a bit the same.

in Tequatl Rising

Evans.6347

Well, Maw and Wurm died in a couple of minutes of hacking. Surely some more beef and fiercer attacks aren’t out of place there.

Now the Golem was always beefy, and the patch notes actually don’t mention a hp increase on him (unlike the others). Out of the 3 I could only see the Golem becoming a chore as that one already did take a lot of hacking before. The other 2 needed that increase tbh. If you did the Maw and closed the portals, sometimes you wouldn’t even get back in time before the boss went down.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Avatar Rage.4369

I must disagree I have recently gotten a friend of mine into the game and he wishes the content was harder at time.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

I am on the fence regarding Tequatl (too early for an opinion) but I really like what they did to the other world bosses. Before it was easy and boring. Now I find it somewhat easy and mildly entertaining. Standing in the spawn point of the golem does not work anymore, the static fields hurt – you have to move and pay attention. That is just as it should be.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

The new Golem is great. You have to pay attention to the electric fields, they are deadly. I am sure that new players will appreciate world boss encounters that require more than auto attacking.

in Tequatl Rising

Charak.9761

You actually don’t even need to pay attention to his static fields though, you have enough room to range it and take zero damage.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I respectfully disagree. I had a blast watching the lazy farmers getting blasted yesterday. The encounter went something like this:

Boss: Flame Elemental
The clean-up is almost complete and I observe the regular posse of warriors migrate to the centre of the room. So, helpful as I am, I tell them in chat that the new boss will burn anyone too close to it.

Obviously I get ignored. With a couple of seconds left before the abomination appears I repeat my warning, only to be mocked.

And so the Fire Elemental appears, swiftly burns the whole group to a crisp in a couple of seconds and the rest of the fight gets accompanied by comments like:
“What is this crap!”
“This is too much!”
“OMG, another part of the game ruined, thanks Anet!”

“This sucks!”
No gentlemen, you suck!

I got much more enjoyment out of that than I should have really.

lol, your anecdote is almost as sweet as being there myself. It’s a beautiful thing when crap players rage after being trashed for playing stupidly. It’s more beautiful still when it could have easily been avoided had they simply listened to those trying to offer sage advice.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Thanks! I’ve managed to solo Tequatl with those tips!

Glorious Human Master Race

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

You actually don’t even need to pay attention to his static fields though, you have enough room to range it and take zero damage.

I haven’t found that sweet spot yet (usually I see red circles where I would like to stand). But I will try. And that I have even to think about it is good and progress in the right direction from the rather mindless fight before the patch.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”