Teq isn't the challenge organizing people is

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: HarriHellYeaAmericaToTheMAX.1093

HarriHellYeaAmericaToTheMAX.1093

I don’t really pve that much but I really wanted to get into the pve side of things and after doing Teq pretty often in the past two days…I really love the challenge and rewards of but where it fails is organizing mass group of people that a good portion either are to under geared or afk. The game mechanics make it hard with the overflow servers that are filled with a giant unorganized group and the guest system, people hear about a server that’s successfully killed Teq then all guest to it making even more overflows and makes the situation worse.

The only times ive been in a group that’s come close to killing Teq is one that had public Team Speak server going and a couple of commanders organizing the turret protection group and dps groups. Now having an event that needs so much organisation is awesome but its almost like a double edged sword because with the current way the game mechanics are its not working, everyone that’s on an overflow misses out. Basically only a small portion of the player base has the privilege to be in a group that kills Teq.

I cant think of anyways to make all the mass build up of people on overflows to even have a chance of beating Teq with out some serious changes or maybe making the spawn timer of Teq lower or increase over flow sizes, I think the size is 150 ?? Maybe even tweak Teq to make it very slightly easier with out really destroying the challenge, increase the turret aoe size so it hits people that are to spread out, give the turrets more HP ?? I cant think of to many other things right now but it defiantly needs some tweaking.

Come on guys give out your ideas to make this better experience with out destroying the challenge.

[TL;DR] The requirements for such a level of organization in order to kill Teq cant be made by the average overflow server

Suggestions

• During the fight you only have 60 sec afk timeout. AFK timeout before the fight is as normal
  • Increase turret aoe area / turret HP
  • Raise map population cap
  • Pre-event, gives time for people to realize Teq is coming and to organize

(edited by HarriHellYeaAmericaToTheMAX.1093)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

It’s fine as is. This content was beaten within one day. It’s not like some content in other MMORPG’s where it wasn’t for several months. It does take some coordination/strategy. This is a GOOD thing.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

It’s fine as is. This content was beaten within one day. It’s not like some content in other MMORPG’s where it wasn’t for several months. It does take some coordination/strategy. This is a GOOD thing.

Sorry, but no. And that is what I learned from one year of playing sPvP in GW2 and years of general practice in various MMO-s. Experience from hotjoins particulary since tPvP is a bit less relevant. Match starts, people start to zerg middle, pick a random target and then tunnel-lock on it until either them or the target is dead. They dont do anything else. I dont even know if they are aware of such handy box in bottom corner called minimap. I can speak on map chat. “Guys, please leave the middle, go cap Temple, fight only on points if you have to.” Now repeat that 74 times. Over time it starts to evolve into less polite forms, it all really depends from the mood of the day. Results? None. Null. Zero. People dont listen. People dont care. People want to troll. People dont speak english. Of course not all of them but world events are hotjoins of PvE. And until they will be tuned to a level doable by trained monkeys, they will be overtuned. Want harder content? Instance it. Like SAB, Liadri, AR dungeon, fractals etc.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Organising is always going to be the biggest challenge of this type of fight and is the direction the devs wanted to go in here. There are other boss fights for other dificulties out there which are comparatively mroe rewarding, so there’s no need for an immediate nerf.

Do the afkers need addressing? Absolutely. How? Not a clue!!

Has it fractured the community? Yes, but this community can agree on nothing and it’s been fracturing for a while now. It’s concerning, but it’s a fact of life with popular internet games.

Is overflow a problem? Yes and I don’t really see overflow finishing this. Partly because its too hard o coordinate an overflow and eventually numbers at the raid will settle and less ppl will be sent to overflow. However, anyone who can organise an overflow to kill him deserves kudos and a special reward in my book!

Is the event perfect? No, but it’s a welcome start. They wont fill the game with these that would silly, but 1-2 of these type of events are always healthy for the game

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The AFKers are the worst. Ante should reduce the AFK timer to 60sec during that event. That will get rid of quite a few useless dead bodies scaling up the event.

I agree that trying to organize a bunch of random people is an uphill battle. I used to be part of a large guild, it would take us 45min to an hour just to get people to form up for a stupid guild photo.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

(edited by Julie Yann.5379)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Thats why it needs to be an instance so the players that are organized can do it all they want without 20 players that dont listen, dont know what they are doing, dont have correct gear and/or just trolling can leave us alone.

How hard is it to make 20player party sized instances ? its not, Anet just doesnt want to do it and they blame us for QQing b.c we have 30 afk’ers in the zone making it harder while 20 ppl stay dead b.c they are lazy and think they helped.

SAB or RIOT

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

No to instancing. Then we are back to raiding which this game was not suppose to have.

in Tequatl Rising

Overflows need to be increased in this map cap at it at maybe 250 instead of 150 ???, afkers need to be kicked after 60 sec, make the turret aoe’s larger also have more hp. I want the challenge to still stay but we need some quality of life changes for helping group a large mass of people. It really feels like a large scale deployment in some battlefield and people are just being dropped randomly with out real group consensus of the objective.

(edited by HarriHellYeaAmericaToTheMAX.1093)

in Tequatl Rising

Faux.1937

No to instancing. Then we are back to raiding which this game was not suppose to have.

Why not? Why cant we have something close to a raid? or 10man dungeons? What is the problem with that? GW1 did it, some of the top games in the world does it, we can have open world bosses that are hard and long, just dont make it so dependent on failure are 5-6 players, or at least if a player is afk kick them out of the area after 5min instead of 60min. If a player is dead give them a 30sec timer that will respawn them at a res shrine (kinda like gw1, but not at a WP, just have 1 shrine per zone), and can still have raids too.

SAB or RIOT

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sardonia.8196

Sardonia.8196

Why not? Why cant we have something close to a raid? or 10man dungeons? What is the problem with that? GW1 did it, some of the top games in the world does it, we can have open world bosses that are hard and long, just dont make it so dependent on failure are 5-6 players, or at least if a player is afk kick them out of the area after 5min instead of 60min. If a player is dead give them a 30sec timer that will respawn them at a res shrine (kinda like gw1, but not at a WP, just have 1 shrine per zone), and can still have raids too.

Many people chose this game because it did not have raiding. These other games are raid or be left out. No this is not the game for it. GW2 was suppose to be different from everyone else. Unfortunetly they are heading towards that direction though. Raiding just reinforces elitism which can be seen quite clear from just this event alone.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Tequatl is teaching us to work together.

1. Denial. “No, noobs, I don’t need to go on to TS3 to kill Tequatl.”
  2. Anger. “OMG everyone on the map is noobs. Gear correctly you idiots! Commanders such noobs!”
  3. Bargaining. “ANet needs to make the timer longer, decrease his HP.”
  4. Depression. “Nobody is going to play this content in a few weeks.”
  5. Acceptance. “Fine, I’ll download TS3.”
  6. My own bonus: Euphoria. “We killed Tequatl! It was amazing working together with 150 people. We need more content like this.”
Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Tequatl Rising

2. Anger. “OMG everyone on the map is noobs. Gear correctly you idiots! Commanders such noobs!”
  6. My own bonus: Euphoria. “We killed Tequatl! It was amazing working together with 150 people. We need more content like this.”

In a perfect world where people perfectly adapt to the challenge yes all this will become a reality, but unfortunately it wont. Game mechanics need to change to accommodate a mass pug raid group so we can beat Teq. Just some small changes might be enough…..

in Tequatl Rising

Awe.1096

The only thing which you need to accept is that there are many people who will never want or be able to do what you ask them for. No matter how hard you try. And very likely those people will be on your home server or overflow, scaling your Tequatl into the roof. The only way to deal with that reliably is to filter those people. Which you cant do. If you are determined, the entire “skill” of beating Teq right now is to mash your way into the correct server at correct day and hour.

in Tequatl Rising

The only thing which you need to accept is that there are many people who will never want or be able to do what you ask them for. No matter how hard you try. And very likely those people will be on your home server or overflow, scaling your Tequtl into the roof. The only way to deal with that reliably is to filter those people. Which you cant do. If you are determined, the entire “skill” of beating Teq right now is to mash your way into the correct server at correct day and hour.

Yes thats right, the only way right now to beat Teq is to get 80-100 perfectly organised well geared people in some kind of voice chat. Now that’s cool and all but what about the other 999999+ people in overflows and what not….they have no hope. Having an event requiring such a high organisation is going out of the realms of “challenging PVE content” and going into the realm of challenge to organize people.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

So what you’re saying is that killing Teq isn’t the challenge, getting people to work together and learn how to defeat him is?

I’m perfectly aware that you’re very likely to never see the irony in it, but I won’t spoil it for you nonetheless. Maybe someday you’ll understand eh?

Teq’s fine.

in Tequatl Rising

Awe.1096

So what you’re saying is that killing Teq isn’t the challenge, getting people to work together and learn how to defeat him is?

I’m perfectly aware that you’re very likely to never see the irony in it, but I won’t spoil it for you nonetheless. Maybe someday you’ll understand eh?

Teq’s fine.

If you are in EU, can you please come to Aurora Glade and make us understand?

in Tequatl Rising

Teq’s fine.

Lol you missed the point completely, obviously the requirments for such a level of organization in order to kill Teq cant be made by the average overflow server… get it ??

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

The AFKers are the worst. Ante should reduce the AFK timer to 60sec during that event. That will get rid of quite a few useless dead bodies scaling up the event.

I agree that trying to organize a bunch of random people is an uphill battle. I used to be part of a large guild, it would take us 45min to an hour just to get people to form up for a stupid guild photo.

I can’t really fault AFKers. It’s not like Teq is able to be summoned…people are just waiting there for up to two hours. IDK about you but I watch netflix and even load up a different game in that time frame. Granted I tab back regularly but I can see where someone might not.

People that go afk during the fight, however…well what can ya do.

in Tequatl Rising

I can’t really fault AFKers. It’s not like Teq is able to be summoned…people are just waiting there for up to two hours. IDK about you but I watch netflix and even load up a different game in that time frame. Granted I tab back regularly but I can see where someone might not.

How about during the fight you only have 60 sec afk timeout ?? AFK timeout before the fight is as normal, would that be to hard to do on a technical stand point ?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

How about during the fight you only have 60 sec afk timeout ?? AFK timeout before the fight is as normal, would that be to hard to do on a technical stand point ?

I have no clue what coding it would take to implement that. Sounds like an easy thing to do.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Yea one of the changes I would be fine with is giving him a set pre-events similar to Fire elemental, that takes like 10 minutes. That allows players semi-afk to notice it’s about to start … really afk players should log out automatically at some point.

Once the rush on the shiny new has worn off and overflow issues subside, a triggerable pre-event will also servers to organize for a set time to kill him.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

[…]

[…]

I was making a jest. – I have seen the general sentiment on AG progressing through the 5 stages of grief though.

I have made attempts to help the PUGs on my home server (AG) and will continue to do so (while successfully completing the event time-and-time-again with [TKS]). Ultimately the stubborn PUGs are going to lose patience and forget about the event. I truthfully feel bad for them: everyone does deserve to succeed at this no matter the way they want to play – but the reality is that coordination (it might be possible without VOIP) is a requirement.

The determined PUGs will eventually filter through to the main map, and likely having read these forums, will mostly cooperate.

I don’t think that it’s unfair either. It’s one LS out of many. It’s one title that, even if you do kill Teq, you still may not get. If cooperation is not your game style then this content is not for you. There is a lot of other content in the game that doesn’t require cooperation: e.g. I often head to SAB when I feel like not cooperating with strangers in a game.

This isn’t high-end content, this is high-end socializing. These PUGs are not hurting the people who are trying to help them (such as me) they are hurting themselves by hiding behind a barrier saying that the helpful few that do bother trying to help their home world are being “elitist”. As I said: anger. The zeitgeist will progress on from there and we will see more cooperation happening in content like this.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

(edited by zamalek.2154)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

It’s fine as is. This content was beaten within one day.

By the best, most organized, and highly skilled and populated servers in the game.
Since then the new servers that can be added to the “killed teq” list either fit that VERY limited criteria OR had guilds from those servers mass guesting over.

It’s not like some content in other MMORPG’s where it wasn’t for several months. It does take some coordination/strategy. This is a GOOD thing.

I’m sorry but you must not actually understand what makes this event frustrating.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Faux.1937

Many people chose this game because it did not have raiding. These other games are raid or be left out. No this is not the game for it. GW2 was suppose to be different from everyone else. Unfortunetly they are heading towards that direction though. Raiding just reinforces elitism which can be seen quite clear from just this event alone.

And they are different, having raiding NOT endgame is different, you can still have raids, just doesnt have to give new Tier items all the time, its just another content to add.

SAB or RIOT

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Science.6709

Science.6709

In case no one has noticed, this is an instanced event. The instance is called “Sparkfly Fen.” Unfortunately there is only one viable instance per server, and if it’s full you might as well forget it.