Tequatl : Timer Rising

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

Once upon a time , Tyria was a wonderful world .. untill they start adding the evil timer on the bosses.
they wont stop untill EVERY EVENT has a TIMER!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

GOOD, it was stupid how you couldn’t fail anything unless you were a herd of rocks, the world is actually changing a bit more now, it’s possible to fail stuff, it should’ve always been like this, I hope more stuff is like this.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

GOOD, it was stupid how you couldn’t fail anything unless you were a herd of rocks, the world is actually changing a bit more now, it’s possible to fail stuff, it should’ve always been like this, I hope more stuff is like this.

While I think events should be capable of failing. I think there are more imaginative ways of getting there than just putting timers on everything. I’ve said this elsewhere:

I agree. I just took these timers as a quick and dirty fix to a more complicated problem. I’m hoping in the future as they revisit each of these bosses they make more interesting mechanics for failure. For example, Tequatl could fail if all the turrets are destroyed, the megalaser gets damaged beyond reasonable repair during the encounter, or Tequatl builds X bone walls successfully. Other bosses can have similar mechanics. It feels more organic to have these types of failure objectives, than a simple timer.

This isn’t to say that no bosses should have some sort of timing mechanic, but they could be made a bit more organic. Taking Tequatl again, perhaps after he reaches 25% health he starts to enrage. He can build up enraged stacks that when reaching the max cause him to take out his aggression on the megalaser. If so desired, Arena Net could add a means, such as Hylek tranquilizer potions, to remove the enraged stacks.

I do not support making the encounters easier, I just think there can be more interesting ways in making them failable than timers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

The ability to fail is fantastic, the only fail condition being an arbitrary timer is absolutely terrible. How about an npc or structure you have to protect, or something like lyssa’s seals. So many possible mechanics for fail conditions, but the whole 15 minutes and Teq has to leave to goto a nail appointment is horrible

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ronnie Hu.1694

Ronnie Hu.1694

i like challenges, but not let the timer decide i fail it or not.
face to face, dead or alive fighting is what i want

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Not good actually. At least not in implementation.
The idea of an event failing is fine it is just a timer leaves little room for error, little room for variety, and is a rather cheap method of doing so without increasing the actual difficulty.

You know what would make Tequatl hard? Is if he flew more, flew to different parts of the map attacking Pact and Hylek positions and you have to drive him off or kill. In that scenario a time limit is both reasonable and desired while not feeling cheap. If Tequatl destroys all of the allied positions, event fails. If he doesn’t in the time limit or is killed, players win. However make the timer something like 30-45 minutes. Make it a major event similar to Scarlet but without all of the champion loot farming. Make him spawn waves of adds at different points that he isn’t at to draw player attention.
There are so many ways Anet could have gone with this but no….we get a timer like this implementation and a battle phase entirely ruled by luck of who gets on the turrets…

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Maybe instead of a timer, you have to defend the turrets and they can’t be rebuilt. If you fail to defend, he smashes the laser. Game over.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

I used to have fun during daily world events…

…But that all changed when the timer nation attacked.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

You know, its impossible for outdoor events to fail without timers, because of waypoints…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

You know, its impossible for outdoor events to fail without timers, because of waypoints…

There are many outdoor events that fail without timers. Grenth is a popular one. But there are many.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I used to have fun during daily world events…

…But that all changed when the timer nation attacked.

/thread

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]