Tequatl and critical hits

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Tequatl, as he is right now, seems a bit too sturdy. Even the heaviest PvE server hasn’t gotten him below 25% yet, even after this many runs. And as I’ve observed myself, the problem seems to be in getting Tequatl to the first vulnerable state at 75%. After that things speed up greatly.

But thinking about it … many, many builds and specs rely on criticals for proccing extra effects and for critical damage. But with no criticals being viable, those builds do massively less damage. That is two entire stats, precision and critical damage, that are 100% useless.

Would this fight be more palatable if we were able to score critical hits on Tequatl?

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Any little bit of damage helps, but I think you would be better off with Quickness and Might. Hit him harder and faster.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

do we all need to reroll berserker warriors?

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

I am glad you just cant steamroll though him with zerker gears if your wearing zerker you should be on finger/Guard duty People In PvT Or sentinel gear should be fighting him head on. and the turret user should be removing scale buff and boosting the zergs dps with the Number 4 skill on turret and cleansing them. Also people on turrets should be packing Vitality or Toughness gears Preferably Givers or Shamans

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

I am glad you just cant steamroll though him with zerker gears if your wearing zerker you should be on finger/Guard duty People In PvT Or sentinel gear should be fighting him head on. and the turret user should be removing scale buff and boosting the zergs dps with the Number 4 skill on turret and cleansing them. Also people on turrets should be packing Vitality or Toughness gears Preferably Givers or Shamans

the problem its not we cant “steamroll” with zerker gear the problem it makes already bad gears (like condi) even worse.

the problem is no gear but Soldier performs well.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

the problem its not we cant “steamroll” with zerker gear the problem it makes already bad gears (like condi) even worse.

the problem is no gear but Soldier performs “well”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

the problem is no gear but Soldier performs “well”.

Armor sets That are needed Are:
PVT:POWER is probably the best for whatever teams are dpsing him directly. So, believe it or not, PVT is probably best for the zergs going in to fight him head on.

BERSERKER/VALK/ASSASSINS: If you’re defending the turrets I’d bring much more, assassins/valk/zerk. KILL ANY THING ATTACKING TURRET USERS as fast as possible considering how we can’t crit Tequatl fighting him head on in this is suicidal.

SHAMANS/GIVERS/SENTINELS: If you’re rezing or are on a turret helping the melee attacks and removing scale buffs. Givers helps boost the length of buffs and the tougness will make you more resistant to dps Vitality gear also give you some protection against condition draining your health.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

The problem is that there are a lot of builds and gear that are practically entirely invalidated in this fight. And it’s not exactly cheap to fully regear.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

or even worth bothering to respec and but a whole new set of gear for one fight^

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

I’m going to laugh so hard if Giver’s armor on the turret users is the answer to the quandary that is Tequatl.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The bigger issue here is that condition caps still haven’t been reworked and when half the zerg shows up ready to deal condition damage you’ve got a problem on your hands.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Assuming crits don’t matter, berserker gear should do the same DPS as soldiers. Both have power as their primary stat and if power is all that matters, they should be equal on DPS. Condition caps have been in the game since launch, this is a drop in the bucket compared to what condition users deal with.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BobTheJanitor.4936

BobTheJanitor.4936

Assuming crits don’t matter, berserker gear should do the same DPS as soldiers. Both have power as their primary stat and if power is all that matters, they should be equal on DPS. Condition caps have been in the game since launch, this is a drop in the bucket compared to what condition users deal with.

I wouldn’t say it’s a drop in the bucket exactly, and besides, there’s not really a reason to compare the two. Fixing one doesn’t preclude fixing the other. They’re both massive reductions in damage output for most classes. Even if crit isn’t your primary stat, a lot of specs rely on crit for many things. There are probably hundreds of on-crit effects in the game between all the traits and sigls, and they’re all useless in this fight.

I think it’s equally important to find a solution to conditions being useless and crits being useless on large mob fights.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Cant use crit gear, cant use condition gear… hrmmm.

Guess everyone can just kill adds lol. I made a PVT set with strength runes and weapons with +10% damage vs undead. Luckily I can keep 25 stacks of might up on myself.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

do we all need to reroll berserker warriors?

Berserker warriors rely on crits, which don’t work against Teq.

One – Piken Square

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Is the boss immune to critical hits?

Seriously?

So power being the best answer by a longshot wasn’t enough?

IT HAS TO BE THE ONLY WAY?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Evernessince.8035

Evernessince.8035

Anyone on this thread suggesting casuals switch gear for ONE FIGHT are obviously not casuals. ANET should know better than to cripple certain builds, hell they say they want anyone to jump in and help. This event is about as newb friendly as a swift kick to the junk.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GimpCent.9268

GimpCent.9268

smh….

instead of the holy 3, we have power, power, and guess what power

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I think he can still be crit during the important burn phase, which is when he is stunned. So i wouldnt wear full PVT gear, just enough to survive the main phase in.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief