Tequatl another failure

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

i agree with op. i stopped playing gw2 for now, no point.

Good riddance.

you know the people like him are the life force of Gw2 this game will die in maybe a month if all the “baddies” leave.

or are you 1%ers gonna pay the bills to keep this game running?

Well aren’t you just the most adorable march on wallstreet 99%er? Because those people have such a great track record….

You overvalue yourselves. Most ‘baddies’ could care less about Tequatl and are off doing their own thing.

The ‘baddies’ at Tequatl are in the process of learning and will be tommarows ‘goodies’…

Or, at least another new tryhard kitten screaming at everyone else for the same stuff they used to do when they were learning.

Tequatl will always provide a rich incentive to play; unique ascended gear. Free unique forever use pick axe’s.

If less people play Tequatl, the more valuable that gear will become. People will want that gear, or else the oodles of gold it’ll be worth.

That’ll motivate people to plan and take 15 mins of time to win what they might accomplish in a week+ of farming.

Moreover, it’s been two days since release. BG beat it in less than a day. Let’s give it a little more time, hm? Yes?

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Funny because the entire strategy for beating him is to go up and press one. Preferably while wielding summoned weapons. Unless you’re a guardian or mesmer in which case you’ll have to do a bit of buffing. It’s a pure DPS race and most overflows and small servers will never be capable of doing it unless they scale him down.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sinifair.1026

Sinifair.1026

I think ANet needs to teach players the cooperation.
- Combo fields, vehicles and all the layers to the battlefield needs to be valid places to help out.

- The reason it fails so hard is because the mindset of the average gamer today is zerg. GW2 have been a very zergy game so far and the accommodation to it is why people fail this event.

I think it is a step in the right direction.
- But I also think that they need to teach players the valuable ability it is to cooperate within an MMO. It used to be one of the core aspects to such boss fights, but removing the Trinity without teaching their methods through gameplay have left many people dissatisfied with this update.

Despite the absolute failure my first fight against him was, I am not angry with ANet. I think that they did what should’ve been from the very start.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Funny because the entire strategy for beating him is to go up and press one. Preferably while wielding summoned weapons. Unless you’re a guardian or mesmer in which case you’ll have to do a bit of buffing. It’s a pure DPS race and most overflows and small servers will never be capable of doing it unless they scale him down.

^If you’re doing this you’re doing it wrong.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Its not Tequatl that is the failure… It is the players. Tequatl is beatable. Players just need to stop being selfish and carebears.

And not get on the turrets when they don’t know wtf they are doing.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Tequatl is really fun, you’re just baddies. Keep complaining and don’t learn from previous encounters with him.

Thank you for illustrating exactly why this encounter is poisonous for the game.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

I take it you weren’t there for the first downing on TC, then? Because that’s exactly how it was done.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

CETheLucid.3964

Tequatl is really fun, you’re just baddies. Keep complaining and don’t learn from previous encounters with him.

Thank you for illustrating exactly why this encounter is poisonous for the game.

Learning is bad? o_O

I’m sorry, you won’t be able to 1 spam zerg this. You will be required to think and communicate with your fellow gamers just a wee bit.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Learning is bad? o_O

Pretty sure he was referring to the ad hominem. Lots of those flying about as a result of this event.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

CETheLucid.3964

I take it you weren’t there for the first downing on TC, then? Because that’s exactly how it was done.

LOL, he’s from TC!

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

LOL, he’s from TC!

Yes? As am I. Difference is that I was there whereas he obviously wasn’t unless he’s just senile because that’s exactly what we did in the attack group.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

CETheLucid.3964

LOL, he’s from TC!

Yes? As am I. Difference is that I was there whereas he obviously wasn’t.

Okay, I’ll take your word for it. ^^

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Okay, I’ll take your word for it. ^^

You don’t have to. Look at BG’s or TC’s kill videos and pay attention the ball rocking elementalist weapons with guardians rotating hallowed ground and reflect wall. That’s the way to win the DPS race. Also notice how many people are in the instance. Then maybe you’ll understand why this just isn’t feasible in the average overflow.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

Learning is bad? o_O

I’m sorry, you won’t be able to 1 spam zerg this. You will be required to think and communicate with your fellow gamers just a wee bit.

Prime example of how the people who use the “lel u just use 1 nd zerg” strawman understand the event the least.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

CETheLucid.3964

Learning is bad? o_O

Prime example of how the people who use the “lel u just use 1 nd zerg” strawman understand the event the least.

Right, because you don’t have to think or communicate with your fellow gamers at all. You can just faceroll this event. I was just building strawmans like a kitten.

You caught me.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Learning is bad? o_O

Right, because you don’t have to think or communicate with your fellow gamers at all. You can just faceroll this event. I was just building strawmans like a kitten.

You caught me.

Yep, you were building a strawman. By assuming that those who failed didn’t communicate, coordinate and acting according to a strategy, but just "1-clicking and zerging.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Huge failure.. Whats the point of living story if only 1% of the players get to defeat it?

Save all the challenging stuff for raids or dungeons where it belongs.

You seem to misunderstand something…

There is no living world requirement to kill Tequatl, just to track him and face him. If you’ve completed the 5 achievements and talked to Narru, then congratulations! You beat this update’s living world requirements.

Secondly, this IS raid content. GW2-style. Just a step up from the guild missions, but open to everyone.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

CETheLucid.3964

Learning is bad? o_O

You caught me.

Yep, you were building a strawman. By assuming that those who failed didn’t communicate, coordinate and acting according to a strategy, but just "1-clicking and zerging.

And by that logic, you’re assuming to know for certain that I assumed this much regarding those who failed.

Using a common example of 1 spam zerging regarding why people fail, isn’t necessarily me assuming to know that’s exactly the reason why others have failed the event.

Again, BG did it in less than a day. They didn’t do that by 1 spam zerging. My 1 spam zerging comment is just an example to reinforce the point I’m making.

You can’t faceroll this event. Not yet, anyway. People are still learning. The content is two days old.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

Learning is bad? o_O

You caught me.

Last night on SoS we had a TS up, only about 50 or so in it but for about +2 hours we tried to coordinate, organize, instruct, and equip the group. Commanders organized so that the turrets would have an easy time targeting. People gathered to where they should be before Teq showed up so we could divide the load properly. Everyone had their fire essences. Condis were told to defend turrets. PVT armor was recommended to those who could afford. We didn’t even have overflow so people were running back and forth equipping. Guess what happened when Teq came?

We had at least one turret afk and others not properly doing their job (for whatever reason). Teq gets a bone wall up ~2 min in and we have waves of dead because none of the pugs want to wp. We come just short 50% because of that and the majority of people rage quit out.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

And by that logic, you’re assuming to know for certain that I assumed this much regarding those who failed.

Using a common example of 1 spam zerging regarding why people fail, isn’t necessarily me assuming to know that’s exactly the reason why others have failed the event.

PFFT
Yea…sure…

Again, BG did it in less than a day.

Yep, here’s this. Not like we’ve heard this before. The fact that you use that example shows you have zero understanding of what many of us are complaining about.
Sure, if all six of your turrets are manned by competent people in TS Teq is very doable.
Now then, go find examples of pugs on turrets shooting adds and the event succeeding.

You can’t faceroll this event. Not yet, anyway. People are still learning. The content is two days old.

Irrelevant. It doesn’t matter how old the event is when there is such a glaring problem as the turrets and how easy it is for a bad one to kill an event.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ghaste.2419

Ghaste.2419

As the fight is right now, I just cannot see it still be done in one month.

Like other hardcore stuff that have been done in the past : South shore, Karka Queen, even Arah path 4.
Everytime a see people who like this fight they want better reward for it, like in every other MMO but GW2 it’s not like other MMO.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

A week or two of attempting to gather and coordinate 100+ players? Maybe. A month? Doubtful. I cannot see anyone bothering with Tequatl by Christmas. Nothing was learned by the failings in Scarlet’s Invasions leading to a far larger failure.

I give it two weeks at most before it goes the same way as the karka Queen event.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gahzirra.8639

Gahzirra.8639

Its not Tequatl that is the failure… It is the players. Tequatl is beatable. Players just need to stop being selfish and carebears.

You don’t get it. Walk into a busy mall and start asking 100 people to get in a straight line…It won’t happen people all have their own agendas.

People are going to spec the way they want, play the profession they want. In wow organizing 40 people was tough enough, dictating their specs…kicking bad gear score/dps meters.

Coordinating that many people is the challenge, not the content.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

CETheLucid.3964

PFFT
Yea…sure…

Yeah, that’s the narrative when the community is in fear of trolls all day everyday.

“UR OBVIOUSLY TROLLING I USE LAWYER SPEEK NAO”

Trolls don’t give a kitten one way or the other, and the fact that people live in fear of them means they’ve won regardless.

Makes for more interesting conversation though. Funny how you went from “strawman and logic” to “PFFFT I don’t belief you!”

Okay. ^^

Yep, here’s this. Not like we’ve heard this before. The fact that you use that example shows you have zero understanding of what many of us are complaining about.
Sure, if all six of your turrets are manned by competent people in TS Teq is very doable.
Now then, go find examples of pugs on turrets shooting adds and the event succeeding.

The common gamer not on your guilds TS has not learned the mechanics. It’s most peoples first time.

They don’t know how to work the turrets, or that if they do man a turret they should use #2 and only focus on Tequatl, leaving the adds to the people surronding them.

They are not yet competent. I never argued that. Two. Days. Old.

Irrelevant. It doesn’t matter how old the event is when there is such a glaring problem as the turrets and how easy it is for a bad one to kill an event.

Not irrelevant. You expect the community, the random to instantly know these things or else it’s a bad update. You’re impatient.

Give it time.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

Yeah not being able to see an already hard to see ring under water with a reflective surface and therefore being hit, then dodging into another just popping poison field, then being pulled through one by a krait and dying is definitely being a carebear…

Or it could be a badly designed encounter.

Or you could not be using full Zerker gear for it.

If you’re not…yeeeaaaaah, l2p issue.

Yeeeeaaaa not being able to dodge things you can’t see /= l2p. Thanks for trying though!

I’m colorblind and I can still see it just fine despite being green on basically green everything else. Your HP dipping should be an indication as well.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Aberrant.6749

Spamming 1 with ele weapons? No it wasn’t… I take it you didn’t listen to people in mumble telling you what to do?

Tarnished Coast

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

If I wanted content that wasn’t intended for everyone, I could have stayed with wow.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yeah not being able to see an already hard to see ring under water with a reflective surface and therefore being hit, then dodging into another just popping poison field, then being pulled through one by a krait and dying is definitely being a carebear…

Or it could be a badly designed encounter.

Or you could not be using full Zerker gear for it.

If you’re not…yeeeaaaaah, l2p issue.

Yeeeeaaaa not being able to dodge things you can’t see /= l2p. Thanks for trying though!

I’m colorblind and I can still see it just fine despite being green on basically green everything else. Your HP dipping should be an indication as well.

I’m colorblind too, not being able to tell the difference between good and bad circles sucks, but that’s easily remedied by getting used to dodging out of any circle I’m in. The bad part is trying to see underwater rings through all the particle effects. I usually do go by when my hp dips but at that point it can be too late.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

If I wanted content that wasn’t intended for everyone, I could have stayed with wow.

Ironically enough WoW is probably better suited for you now since none of its raids require these ridiculous numbers. They are also all far better tuned overall.

Funny how that turned out.

Spamming 1 with ele weapons? No it wasn’t… I take it you didn’t listen to people in mumble telling you what to do?

Watch the video and try to tell me that the vast majority of the zergball wasn’t doing just that. The only real players of importance in this fight would be the guardians keeping up hallowed ground and reflect, the people on the turrets and the commander controlling the ball of monkeys.

(edited by Fungalfoot.7213)

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Warning there might be some sarcasm in my post. :P

You know what I find totally fun? I totally enjoy never being able to get on my main server. It’s also super fun to see multiple languages in chat meaning everyone’s not understanding each other. I find it totally fun to not be able to play with any of my friends. It’s also amazing that I have to rely on complete strangers for important roles like the turrets.

The best part is reading chat with people saying ‘OMG kittening NOOBS’ ‘what are you doing?’ etc, etc.

Fun changes indeed!

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Aberrant.6749

Ironically enough WoW is probably better suited for you now since none of its raids require these ridiculous numbers. They are also all far better tuned overall.

Funny how that turned out.

Watch the video and try to tell me that the vast majority of the zergball wasn’t doing just that.

Lol… I saw people using ele weapon aoe, spamming utilities, fields, blasting, ressing, etc. Hardly just pushing 1. But once they had done all of that and couldn’t do anything more to help, yes… at that point they auto attacked.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nicolatte.5360

Nicolatte.5360

Basically on my server the best attempts have been when our WvW population has stepped in big time, so I agree with the OP. And while servers that are seeing many, many overflow each Teq fight will disagree—the lower tier servers are suffering more in this fight and it’s because of organization. Sure we all end up having about 70-100 on primetime, but if even 30 of those players are scratching their head with NO idea about anything it’s a lost cause. The successful fights so far seem to consist of at least 40-50% of the players of that fight being from the same one or two guilds minimally who use teamspeak, mumble, or whatnot to communicate. It’s a great idea, but the problem is even though BG, TC, JQ and others have beat Teq now, once Leagues come around the Teq fight will likely be forgotten. It’s WvW guilds that have the numbers, unity, and organization in most cases. So of course a new shiny PvE content will only interest them for so long. Once they get the ascended weapon(s) they want it’s back to battle…

Nicolatte – Ranger, Nicolyte – Elementalist
Henge of Denravi since day 1

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

once Leagues come around the Teq fight will likely be forgotten. It’s WvW guilds that have the numbers, unity, and organization in most cases. So of course a new shiny PvE content will only interest them for so long. Once they get the ascended weapon(s) they want it’s back to battle…

This may not be the case. When the leagues come around, a large percentage of match-ups will be HORRIBLE mismatches. That actually means many servers will have lots of WvW players looking for something else to do.

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nicolatte.5360

Nicolatte.5360

That may be true, but I doubt that something will be waiting on a 15 minute raid-style event that so far has had a rather low success rate. Right now it’s new and interesting… and even if the match-ups are horrible, most dedicated WvWers would rather play through a bad match than PvE unless the PvE content is something brand new.

Nicolatte – Ranger, Nicolyte – Elementalist
Henge of Denravi since day 1

Tequatl another failure

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ThePedroKid.2580

ThePedroKid.2580

Fights like this, with all these interesting mechanics, are great for servers and their communities. They are fun and awesome as well as feeling very epic.

Time limits are not fun, break the fight and limit participation based on server which, frankly, should have no bearing on capability in a world boss fight.

There is no reason for a server to ever think they are ‘better’ than another server. They are just more lucky. Lucky in that they happened to end up being the one, for whatever reason, that the right persons randomly picked or ended up on. Who knew Blackgate would turn out to have all the content in the game balanced for it when deciding what server to be on at launch? Who knew? It could have been any one of the servers on that list that ended up becoming the largest, and by virtue of that size and diversity, the most successful in things like WvW and Tequatl. Kudos to those players who were able to organize and defeat the boss in the required time. It is still and will always be a remarkable accomplishment in player organization. I would never diminish that.

The solution for everyone else is simple. Get rid of time limits. They are artificial and defeat the purpose of the content… to have fun. Make it as hard as you like. Doesn’t matter as long as people can play it and have fun which the great majority of servers simply can not right now and do not see the opportunity to ever do so.

You do not need a time limit to impose urgency. Urgency already exists. There are many better reward/time ratio things to do in GW2 already. The longer the server takes to beat an encounter like Tequatl the more rewards they are sacrificing. If it takes them an hour, who cares? Doesn’t hurt anyone accept those attempting it and allows the people who want to be able to play a very interesting, complex and fun fight an opportunity to do so. Right now, that opportunity simply does not exist in a suitable reality for most.

Finally, guess what? People will still ‘fail’ the event. Even without a time limit there will be attrition if the fight drags on from poor play or participation. At some point each individual will make a decision to either continue or leave/give up. Enough leave because it’s “not happening” and it’s a fail. Simple. It already happens sometimes on Temples and other World Bosses (not as often as temples, but it does still happen). Harder content will make it happen more often.

Anet should do the right thing and, instead of messing with mechanics and hitpoints or whatever, simply remove the time limits. They were a terrible idea and removed fun from the game. Fun, and nothing else, should be what it is all about and not just for a few select groups/servers that through no fault of their own became de facto leaders in probability of success. In the end, and as a whole, players are all created equal.