Tequatl concerns and pros!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: neodome.7401

neodome.7401

After reading the change to Tequatl and the bosses I am quite excited. I love having a in depth fight instead of just standing in my place.

However here are my concerns.

1.) I love playing a support role. With the new Tequatl it sounds like there will need to be multiple things happening to succeed. If I am say defending turrets or doing healing will “ALL” Roles during the encounter count towards defeating him. Im afraid alot of people will focus on damaging him to get the credit. I want to make sure if I do a different role in the fight I will get proper credit if im not per se doing direct dmg to him.

2.) As we saw with Scarlet its hard to get everyone to work together. Time will tell how the timer will work but this will be interesting to see if servers and everyone will split and actually achieve each role needed to defeat the boss.

Pros

1.) An in depth fight that is not boring and allowing everyone to engage in something new pending how they feel

2.) Chance at new rewards and achievments.

What is everyone elses thoughts?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Another con: Lets say he is beaten, you only get one reward per boss a day, that would mean those people won’t do him again, making the lack of people a hindrance on the next run

Pro: A fight that will require utmost teamwork and coordination is something I welcome. Champs won’t drop loot either to discourage farming Teq, I personally can’t wait, though I hope these cons are debunked

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Taglor Anwamane.9468

Taglor Anwamane.9468

I am certainly hoping for a good boss battle, but definitely have my doubts. Traditionally, and through no fault of the developers, even good attempts to be more nuanced have fallen before zerg rushes of players that put quantity over quality and grinding for rewards over fun mechanics. Most recently, with Scarlet. I really liked the Scarlet invasions when they first started, but then the champion farmers moved in and any split tactics turned into simple zerging.
This is something that needs to be overcome to have a truly enjoyable experience, and it doesn’t see like it’d be easy. Still, I’ve got my fingers crossed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

I dont want to rain on everybody’s parade but nothing in the open world will ever be challenging. The two cannot co-exist. Challenging content can only come from an instance.

I GUARANTEE that tequatl will never fail. Everyone will just run around smacking things and it will die. Sad truth.

Quote me on this. Bookmark this page. Im willing to match any bet.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ghisteslohm.7803

Ghisteslohm.7803

“I want to make sure if I do a different role in the fight I will get proper credit if im not per se doing direct dmg to him.”

That is already handled this way. Atm if you defend the lazer from Tequatls minions you will get a gold medal and the treasure if you are not dead all the time.
I do not think they will remove that.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

If you truly believe that, will you give me 100 gold if I provide you a screenshot of him failing post update?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

2.) As we saw with Scarlet its hard to get everyone to work together. Time will tell how the timer will work but this will be interesting to see if servers and everyone will split and actually achieve each role needed to defeat the boss.

Scarlet proved that once the content has been out for a week, if it’s popular enough, everyone will pretty much know how to run it consistently. By the end of Clockwork Chaos, every invasion i went to have people coordinating against aetherblades and molten shamans to farm in very efficient ways. By the time that patch was over, everyone pretty much had the routine down.

I dont want to rain on everybody’s parade but nothing in the open world will ever be challenging. The two cannot co-exist. Challenging content can only come from an instance.

Balthazar and Grenth events would like to have a word with you. Do-able, but definitely failable.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

As far as rewards go, it sounded like there were two different ones.

1. Reward for how far you beat him down. That can be earned every time you fight him.

2. Reward for killing him. That can be earned just once per day.

So, I imagine if you kill him, you actually earn two rewards. The beat down reward and the killing him reward.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

rjnemer.7816

If you truly believe that, will you give me 100 gold if I provide you a screenshot of him failing post update?

If you have a full group of people at the event then sure. But if you cant, then you will give me 100g?

in Tequatl Rising

rjnemer.7816

Scarlet proved that once the content has been out for a week, if it’s popular enough, everyone will pretty much know how to run it consistently. By the end of Clockwork Chaos, every invasion i went to have people coordinating against aetherblades and molten shamans to farm in very efficient ways. By the time that patch was over, everyone pretty much had the routine down.

Balthazar and Grenth events would like to have a word with you. Do-able, but definitely failable.

Those 2 are different because they use an npcs health. They are not in any way hard. Tequatl is just going to get run over by Zerg Wars 2.

Imagine those cartoons where a person is standing in a doorway and you see a massive group of people just run over him. That person is tequatl.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Tequatl is just going to get run over by Zerg Wars 2.

The game is going to run over the boss? What?

in Tequatl Rising

rjnemer.7816

Tequatl is just going to get run over by Zerg Wars 2.

The game is going to run over the boss? What?

Yeah you know that game anet made. Where everything added is a big zerg fest.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

con: i’m sure many people will run this event at first and because he’s a world boss people will stick around for much longer, though my concern goes after seeing what happened in southsun. after a week or two, that place was completely empty.

~ this event should scale with the amount of people that are trying to do this event.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Tequatl Rising

rjnemer.7816

con: i’m sure many people will run this event at first and because he’s a world boss people will stick around for much longer, though my concern goes after seeing what happened in southsun. after a week or two, that place was completely empty.

~ this event should scale with the amount of people that are trying to do this event.

LOL, you think anet would make it scale? Nice joke!

in Tequatl Rising

rjnemer.7816

Here guys! Have a harder boss! We made it take 10 mins instead of 5 now! See! Harder!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

There was no real loss if you failed the Scarlet event. You still got a hefty amount of the end reward. If what someone else said is true, and there are two separate rewards (how much you can take him down, and whether or not you actually succeed), success of the event could very well depend on how good the rewards are.

My main concern is whether or not this will be a daily boss. Like others have said, with current bosses, people don’t go back to kill a boss if they’ve already gotten the reward. I know that during the Scarlet invasions, I was the only one at Teq at one point and tried to kill him solo (it just took too kitten long). This could either make it easier or more difficult (depending on scaling and amount of coordination needed).

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

Here guys! Have a harder boss! We made it take 10 mins instead of 5 now! See! Harder!

Is it really necessary to post negative comments every 2 minutes about this update? We get it, you have your doubts, move on.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Joo.9672

Joo.9672

I GUARANTEE that tequatl will never fail. Everyone will just run around smacking things and it will die. Sad truth.

lulz 100g on the first group to fight him losing

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

LOL, you think anet would make it scale? Nice joke!

they might not scale it. though it wasn’t a joke, it’s a concern

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

(edited by Klonex.4562)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

Ummm did you watch the livestream of people trying it? It is going to fail especially in the first few weeks.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kingmutez.4931

Kingmutez.4931

you need to troll harder.

and ofcorse it will be easy after a while, instance or out in the open world, once you know the mechanics and got it down, it goes on Farm, ANY BOSS, ANY INSTANCE. that argument is pointless.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: neodome.7401

neodome.7401

Thats definitely good news doing other stuff during the event will still reap the rewards.

Now lets hope the servers work together on fights to make them fun!! I am getting nightmares of the Karka Queen event lol

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I posted this in another thread, but I’ll stick it here as well.

As with all static content, eventually people will get bored of doing this boss. They don’t desire the loot, its not good enough anymore, they’ve simply done it too many times and its boring, what have you. Its an issue that static content across all MMO’s has.

So what happens in 6 month, a year, whatever, when the new players want to experience this but cant round up the necessary 80+ people level 65+? I’m sure anet is going to revamp these bosses repeatedly to keep people coming back to them. Are we just supposed to tell those players “oh well”?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m looking forward to the changes. I’ve been among those saying the world boss fights should be more than what they currently are. I’m just not keep on ‘dead content’

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Those 2 are different because they use an npcs health. They are not in any way hard. Tequatl is just going to get run over by Zerg Wars 2.

Imagine those cartoons where a person is standing in a doorway and you see a massive group of people just run over him. That person is tequatl.

Tequatl should be balanced for about 80 players. Queens Gauntlet server-capacity was about the same, if I remember correctly… so they probably start overflows if there are too much players there to zerg him down.

You should take a look at the youtube video of the battle, seemed pretty challenging to me. The group failed, battle is on a timer and has some nice mechanics.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

It sounds good but the problem is once people have the achievements for it it’s probably just going to end up being ditched with few people doing it like any of the mildly hard or not easily exploitable dungeon.

At least the dungeons only require 4 others. Can imagine trying to round up 80 people for this? Are new players going to be able to see this content when the initial wave of of people doing it dies off?

The invasions still get people but most are not even trying to actually finish it and want to prolong it as long as possible. They just want to farm aetherblades.

Anet can create more challenging large scale content but general mindset of the community seems to be find the easiest thing and farm it repeatedly.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: XanBie.3675

XanBie.3675

What will keep Tequalt viable for awhile is the chance for him to drop Ascended weapons. That alone is a good reason to keep players killing him once a day minimum. And although I agree, their will come a time where he will no longer be “worth it” in the eyes of the community, I’m sure Anet will have a way of revamping him and other bosses yet again. I think we should complain a little less lol, if you haven’t noticed we’ve gotten tons of free content without forced paying (unless you wanted to xP)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

This is what scares me (not personally but I think it will happen):

“I didn’t damage Tequatl enough and didn’t get contribution!”
“I was using the turrets and didn’t get contribution!”
“I was fighting the adds and didn’t get contribution!”

Do you think they will change the core mechanic for getting contribution just for this and maybe for good?

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Wrong, by the second or third day everyone knew how to take down Scarlet, by the end, no one cared. It was truly chaos, but on the player end; I don’t care for that.

in Tequatl Rising

panzer.6034

Wrong, by the second or third day everyone knew how to take down Scarlet, by the end, no one cared. .

You say “wrong” and then go on to completely agree with me. Everyone knew how to do the event to get what they wanted out of it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

Wrong, by the second or third day everyone knew how to take down Scarlet, by the end, no one cared. .

You say “wrong” and then go on to completely agree with me. Everyone knew how to do the event to get what they wanted out of it.

But not to succeed it…

in Tequatl Rising

panzer.6034

But not to succeed it…

People actually succeeded brilliantly at eliminating the aetherblades and shamans every single time because that’s where the money was. If beating scarlet gave more rewards, the unerring farming tornado would have been aimed at her and killing her would have happened every time too. The point was that the scarlet invasions are a great example of how the community will demolish a large scale event after a few days once they figure out how it works, as opposed to the OP who was using it as an example of the opposite.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

To make new Teq boss a long term interest among players, old and new, just throw in good reward, e.g. Black Lion scraps, as drop in defeating him. People always go for reward as their motivation. We need farmers, in such a large scale fight, to keep this boss alive for extended period of time.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I’m not trying to get in on the betting, but it seems you’ve left yourself without a win condition – you can only lose, because you say it ‘will never fail.’

So…I guess I’ve gotta ask: How’re you going to win a bet that open-ended?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Most players seem to work on a reward vs effort basis. So if new TQ is too hard or gives what is perceived to be poor loot people just wont bother and will go right back to frostgorge/cursed shore leaving the players who do want to do it under manned.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005