Tequatl fight two weeks from now.....

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

NOTE: I’m completely happy with the content, I really enjoy the challenges that have been presented in the last few content updates now, this is only meant for a food for thought process nothing more, nothing less

I’ve got to thinking about it, and I came up with a sad realization. Given the amount of people required to coordinate this fight, the amounts of dps needed to kill him within 15mins, and the current success rate, will this event become a dead in the water update to Tequatl when the vast majority of players in the PvE world go and explore the next 2-weeks living story content? Given the current situation, and noting how many casual gamers that are on GW2, will it be possible to complete this event given that a lot of interest may in fact be lost by that time if the fight stays as is? I’m not saying it’s too hard infact as mentioned I love challenges, I’ve spent the last 2 weeks farming Tribulation mode, but I only speak for myself, and as everyone knows, there are a lot of softcore players in this game who even by now, may have given up on the event.

It’s not like Tribulation mode or even the Gauntlet where it’s entirely dependent upon a single player, this is an intense group oriented content of which the survival rate will immensely depend on how much interest there is. This is a very obvious problem given how many current Group events for some map bosses are left never completed because the vast majority of players have no interest, or simply don’t see the time and effort put in will net them anything in return.

Not only this, but the reward system is limited to only a few guarantees, namely being the achievement points, but it’s still very unclear what the chest rewards are for actually beating him.

As stated, I’m absolutely excited about the content so please don’t sit and troll this post.

Any thoughts?

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

I like the idea that the dragon events fail most of the time. Isn’t that how dragons work? They show up and terrorize an area and then leave… until a group of adventurers brave and powerful enough to take them on show up and slay them.

I see it as an improvement, to be honest.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

NOTE: I’m completely happy with the content, I really enjoy the challenges that have been presented in the last few content updates now, this is only meant for a food for thought process nothing more, nothing less

I’ve got to thinking about it, and I came up with a sad realization. Given the amount of people required to coordinate this fight, the amounts of dps needed to kill him within 15mins, and the current success rate, will this event become a dead in the water update to Tequatl when the vast majority of players in the PvE world go and explore the next 2-weeks living story content? Given the current situation, and noting how many casual gamers that are on GW2, will it be possible to complete this event given that a lot of interest may in fact be lost by that time if the fight stays as is? I’m not saying it’s too hard infact as mentioned I love challenges, I’ve spent the last 2 weeks farming Tribulation mode, but I only speak for myself, and as everyone knows, there are a lot of softcore players in this game who even by now, may have given up on the event.

It’s not like Tribulation mode or even the Gauntlet where it’s entirely dependent upon a single player, this is an intense group oriented content of which the survival rate will immensely depend on how much interest there is. This is a very obvious problem given how many current Group events for some map bosses are left never completed because the vast majority of players have no interest, or simply don’t see the time and effort put in will net them anything in return.

Not only this, but the reward system is limited to only a few guarantees, namely being the achievement points, but it’s still very unclear what the chest rewards are for actually beating him.

As stated, I’m absolutely excited about the content so please don’t sit and troll this post.

Any thoughts?

Teq is on a 1-2 hour timer. Don’t worry.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Tequatl in 2 weeks will be like the Karka Queen fight.
Deserted and forgotten…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

I like the idea that the dragon events fail most of the time. Isn’t that how dragons work? They show up and terrorize an area and then leave… until a group of adventurers brave and powerful enough to take them on show up and slay them.

I see it as an improvement, to be honest.

I do, as well, but that doesn’t invalidate the fact that this event will be rarely, if ever, attended, never mind completed, after the initial novelty wears off – especially after everyone completes their “9 attempts” achievement. At best, you’ll see an occasional turnout as a large guild tries to motivate a coordinated group of guildies, along with a minority of PUGgers, but I doubt it’ll be an event that’s completed by such a group on a regular basis.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AveryFarman.2973

AveryFarman.2973

Tequatl in 2 weeks will be like the Karka Queen fight.
Deserted and forgotten…

Exactly. Southsun Cove is a frustrating waste of time if you’re a solo player. Groups fare better, but because it’s largely optional content, there’s no reason to return there except when ANet holds an event. I can’t remember the last time I did the Karka Queen fight, personally, and I can’t say I’ve ever heard anyone from my prior or current guild try to round up a group for it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

I think once the lfg tool begins to work properly, you are going to see more people organize themselves to do the karka queen event.

Blackgate Engineer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I think once the lfg tool begins to work properly, you are going to see more people organize themselves to do the karka queen event.

I thought about this, but it’s anyone’s guess as to when it will be fully implemented.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Seveleniumus.5973

Seveleniumus.5973

In two weeks, one’s living story is over, they’ll nerf him and nerf him a lot.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Either way, the rewards are absolute garbage. So people will stop doing him for that reason as well.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."