Tequatl is a 130 man raid-instance

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

The title basically says it all. For a game that appeared very “anti-raid” originally it’s surprising for them to have created what is probably the biggest raid-encounter to date.

I mean Sparkfly Fen is essential locked at 130 players (roughly) and you need coordination and practice to prevail throughout the encounter.

Doing the fight without our typical raid-preparation is essentially “pugging” the boss and absolutely futile. In fact this Tequatl encounter (and the previous Clockwork events) made me despise the overflow server system.

That said, this Tequatl encounter is probably the best argument for having “real” raid instances in GW2 because doing it was the most fun I’ve had in a while and one of the few “kitten yeah” moments of success I’ve enjoyed throughout the game.

So in case you ever want to give real raid-instances a try you have my support.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I mean Sparkfly Fen is essential locked at 130 players (roughly) and you need coordination and practice to prevail throughout the encounter.

You sure about that? One of the BG commanders said they could have up to 200.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bratpirat.6137

Bratpirat.6137

Yeah i was thinking the same, it’s “open world” content for the devs on their spreadsheet so they could pat themselves on the shoulder and be proud about no one is left outside by bad elitist guilds. Meanwhile in their game its basicly a giant raidinstance, but you cant choose your instance or wait ages for your homeinstance. This happens when devs dont play their own game, instead their doing some fancy powerpoint presentations to impress their managers who also never play the game. You just have to do the Claw of Jormag fight several times to realize it’s impossible to balance bossfights for such zergs. Jormag fight isnt bad, but it’s not challenging and just tedious and Tequatl will be the same after they nerfed him to the ground so nearly every overflow can beat him.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tyrshar.1782

Tyrshar.1782

Completely agree! If they are going to have a trend of adding “raid” content (as in, requires coordination between a large group of people), then they need to make raid instances and also the tools to help manage however many people are required. I’ve been continually stuck in overflow servers with many AFK people who got bored of waiting on timers. These last several major events have been a complete disappointment. Perhaps Anet should reconsider how often they release updates given the poor quality of the last few.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I think Teq would be great as a raid instance. Im just kitten ed that I cant down him because my server doesnt have 130 people in TS, and when I try to go to one of the more successful servers, I get bounced around in overflows for hours upon hours.

Making this a world boss was kitten stupid A-Net.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

The entire overflow system is bogus, I’ve been trying to enter my main server for 4 hours now while I’m stuck idling on an overflow. I’m beginning to think I’ll never get in.

Awesome system anet, I can’t even play on my own server cause word got out that our server beat Tequatl and now everyone is guesting.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

agree

this should have 2 versions

1. 40-50 Player instanced Raid hard as it is now or even harder

*cant a commander Squad have 40 people? so the commander should can start instance and people join him – when dont have commander maby buy a temp kommander token to start a instance
*or Start like Guildmissions

2. Open World for everyone but easy like it was before so players can kill it with Open-World Population

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

agree

this should have 2 versions

1. 40-50 Player instanced Raid hard as it is now or even harder

*cant a commander Squad have 40 people? so the commander should can start instance and people join him
*or Start like Guildmissions

2. Open World for everyone but easy like it was before so players can kill it with Open-World Population

2. Open world where the timer is not present so that players that are actually trying, do not fail in the end. That is really the only change that needs to happen at this point to make it more open world friendly. Or double the timer (same as Jormag – 30Mins)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

ye would be very nice when open world would have same mechanics but easier so people can learn it for the instanced one^^

edit: and when i think about there is no other way to do it

tequatl is an experiment and i bet they plan to do it with the other dragons to and there will never be enough people on one of this events to down it when they are all like this

(edited by Romek.4201)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I’d 100% support adding this fight as an instance and having an easier, timer-less open world version (with lesser rewards).