Tequatl is amazing, but ...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

Hello,

Elona Reach finally beat him with about 2 minutes to spare. Tequatl is in no way “too hard” or “unbeatable”, but Arenanet … pls buff the rewards. There is no way you can justify this fight by giving us standard world boss loot + 1 gold. That’s even worse than the golem who has 2 champ boxes!

The 1 gold is just like anet telling us “here 1 gold so it’s rewarding”, but no.

CoF p1 is more rewarding than a world boss which requires at least some coordination (it’s not that much as everyone says … people only have to learn the fight still), which shouldn’t be the case imo.

We get a chance for exotic tequatl things with weird stats which can’t be seen by anyone anyway, so what the heck?

The only positive things on the loot table are the mini and the ascended weapons, but I don’t think those are something you’ll ever see. I don’t have a problem with rare drops, but come on: How about swapping the bonus rare with a 100% exotic? Would be something at least.

Apart from my QQ about the loot: This whole fight is pretty decent with some great details. Tequatl’s feets finally are a threat. For example, the hitbox is quite big on his side so I thought I’d melee him from the side and therefore avoid his waves. but teq has an answer to this: When he prepares for his wave, he moves quite a bit, knocking me down with his feets from the back! that creates a knockback combo due to the incoming wave so I was killed. I guess that’s avoidable, but kitten , it was great.

The whole fight and feeling of accomplishment is just amazing! Anet did a great job, really! It’s also a great thing to see the race of which server beats him and such. Very entertaining! Nothing compared to “real raid bosses” found in “other” MMOs, but it’s a good step in the right direction! I love this patch <3

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

congrats on your kill. kinda just killed my buzz to even sit here for hours doing these attempts, tho. the loot is really that bad? if I ever down this thing and only walk away with a rare, haha… then I will most likely never return to this event, much like karka queen.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Laarn.7014

Laarn.7014

well some got minis and exo weapons out of it (one an ascended chest) but most of the people just got greens and blues (like myself). and after such a coordinated fight with 120+ people in teamspeak you kind of feel like a complete fool. the more as the chest only drops once a day…

but hey, lets farm Scarlets Minions and get multiple times the goods for mindlessly bashing Aetherblade Champions or more gold by speedrunning fz or ac…

in Tequatl Rising

Acerola.6407

It’s “your standard world boss loot + 1 gold” mostly.

Nothing more, unless you are lucky and get a Tequatl exotic which are totally useless, a tequatl mini which is fine or the great amazing ascended weapons.

It’s a joke, really. Without the great feeling of accomplishment due to the first time killing him and the overall scene of the fight which I love … i would be raging right now xD

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Perhaps rewarding players who defeat him with a exotic would be justified.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yikes, drops are that bad? They will be hard-pressed to keep people running this boss if the rewards are meh. It will go the way of the Karka Queen.

I mean seriously, what’s the harm in a guaranteed Exotic versus a Rare? Don’t want to flood the already flooded Exotic item market?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dark.4956

Dark.4956

the ascende chests seem to drop more from the lower bosses about the place.

had one drop for me today, went to lion arch and say about 5 others flashing similar ascended weapons they got from the fractals place.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Hello,

Elona Reach finally beat him with about 2 minutes to spare. Tequatl is in no way “too hard” or “unbeatable”, but Arenanet … pls buff the rewards. There is no way you can justify this fight by giving us standard world boss loot + 1 gold. That’s even worse than the golem who has 2 champ boxes!

The 1 gold is just like anet telling us “here 1 gold so it’s rewarding”, but no.

CoF p1 is more rewarding than a world boss which requires at least some coordination (it’s not that much as everyone says … people only have to learn the fight still), which shouldn’t be the case imo.

We get a chance for exotic tequatl things with weird stats which can’t be seen by anyone anyway, so what the heck?

The only positive things on the loot table are the mini and the ascended weapons, but I don’t think those are something you’ll ever see. I don’t have a problem with rare drops, but come on: How about swapping the bonus rare with a 100% exotic? Would be something at least.

Apart from my QQ about the loot: This whole fight is pretty decent with some great details. Tequatl’s feets finally are a threat. For example, the hitbox is quite big on his side so I thought I’d melee him from the side and therefore avoid his waves. but teq has an answer to this: When he prepares for his wave, he moves quite a bit, knocking me down with his feets from the back! that creates a knockback combo due to the incoming wave so I was killed. I guess that’s avoidable, but kitten , it was great.

The whole fight and feeling of accomplishment is just amazing! Anet did a great job, really! It’s also a great thing to see the race of which server beats him and such. Very entertaining! Nothing compared to “real raid bosses” found in “other” MMOs, but it’s a good step in the right direction! I love this patch <3

The chance at the mini is alone well worth the reward. It sells for a ton (350g buy order yesterday)

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

Hello,

The chance at the mini is alone well worth the reward. It sells for a ton (350g buy order yesterday)

for now. in a couple weeks it will be around 100 in a month or 2? 50-80 at most? not worth the time for the small chance at it. There have been what? 5-10 mini drops over like 10+ kills with 120-150 people each?

tbh, the mini should have been account bound for doing the teq achievements or if they wanted something rare the first to kill him on each server, all those that got credit would get him and account bound.

(edited by mallas.9836)

in Tequatl Rising

Acerola.6407

push because “this can’t be real”