Tequatl overall achieve needs to be updated

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

CAN SOMEONE FROM ARENANET PLEASE RESPOND:

The overall tequatl achievement / title needs to be updated.

Having an achieve that is so difficult to do and yet YOU by YOURSELF have no control over weather or not it is successful is just stupid.

Some people have gotten lucky and bin in groups that have gotten the flawless defence achieve. (most before they fixed the glitch where you did not have to even kill him)

Myself, and many other EXTREAMLY FRSUTRATED players have not been this lucky.

I have now played in over 15 tequatl events and have not been lucky enough to to be in a group that has completed this achievement.

Not being able to get the achievement is not my fault (as I have tried sooo many times) , but I feel that I am being punished for not being LUCKY ENOUGH to be in a group that has succeeded in that achievement

I give you 3 Options to fix this achievement / overall achievement and title

1.) make the flawless defense achievement be “kill tequatl without looseing a turret OR participate in the tequatl event X number of times”

2.) Create a new (11th) achievement that counts towards the overall achievement that simply states “kill tequatl X number of times” and keep the 10 minor achieves needed for the overall achievement

3.) make the overall achievement / title only need 9 out of the 10 minor achievements

implementing 1 of these ideas will not take away from the difficulty or anything else associated with the new tequatl event. It will just help out all of the people who will never be lucky enough to be in a group that can do everything

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

So basically, you want easymode for optional content?

No.

The only thing you get out of the Teq achieves is a title and points. Anet was even nice enough to put the cool wings as the reward for the Living World achieves instead, obviously so most of the player base wouldn’t feel left out. You have forever to get all the Teq achieves, this content isn’t going away, and many many MANY people on forums are forming Teq killing squads to help others get these achieves.

Put in the effort or be okay without getting all the achieves. I’ll never have all the JP achieves or any of the ones for The Gauntlet or the SAB Tribulation Mode ones.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

(edited by Moderator)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

When did they fix it? We got it last night. (~10 hours ago) I was surprised because I knew that none of the turrets on my side went down, but in ts it sounded like the other side was having trouble. Also I did think that was going to be the hardest one to get. At 6/10 now. That was my first kill.

Can’t speak for the other side, but what helped us was having people on eastern turret defense go to the krait champ spawn before they spawned. Sometimes it was only me and one other guy getting our faces bashed in while everyone else focused down the champ we already had (ressed him from downed state so many times) but none of them made it to the turrets.

(edited by Lalocat.6793)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I got that achievement on accident earlier today…

Now actually finding a group of people able to kill him… that has eluded me.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Zero Requiem.5908

ya so I guess you got EXTREAMLY LUCKY.

I am not even a little bit that lucky.

so good for you.

STOP TRYING TO RUIN THE FUN OF OTHER PEOPLE

oh and over 15 attempts is not an effort?

(edited by Zero Requiem.5908)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tien.3865

Tien.3865

If you really, really need that achievement so badly, just join a group (or take the initiative and make one yourself) to get it. I’ve seen a couple of small guilds being formed solely to get the achievements.

Borlis Pass solo roamer

in Tequatl Rising

Zero Requiem.5908

I don’t want your comments. I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR COMMENTS.

all I want is for ARENANET to see them, and comment on them

I wouldent never have posted here if the stupid people at the suggestions thing dident tell me I have a better chance of talking to someone from arenanet by posting here.

so if your not from arenanet, please just leave me alone

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

As an aside, demanding a dev response is usually the best way not to get one. Sometimes it even gets you an infraction.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dorin.4618

dorin.4618

I don’t want your comments. I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR COMMENTS.

all I want is for ARENANET to see them, and comment on them

I wouldent never have posted here if the stupid people at the suggestions thing dident tell me I have a better chance of talking to someone from arenanet by posting here.

so if your not from arenanet, please just leave me alone

So because you and the rest of ppl around are not being able to organise and do it, you demand it for free now. Nice way to think.
And it’s a public forum. Everyone has the right to comment. Either for or against.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: knives.6345

knives.6345

dat attitude.

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I got all Tequatl achievements and thought it was too easy. No changes needed.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rasudido.6734

Rasudido.6734

No just no…

first lets look at the definition of achievement:

Something accomplished successfully, especially by means of exertion, skill, practice, or perseverance.

What makes the tequalt boss meta particularly interresting is that these are more GROUP based achievements rather than idividual; this is fine for the reason that tequalt itself was meant to be a GROUP based thing. Since the start all you have heard is to “organize” and “work together” and thats because thats the exact dificulty in these achievements: to work solidly as a group.

I do feel bad for the smaller servers due to the high dificulty bar, but as the (now 3) Tequalt Killer guilds across multiple servers proove, it is perfectly feasable to organize with strangers from other servers rather than PUG. Doing so should get you the achievements rather easily 3 of which can and likely will be completed at once (Power Play, Slaughter in the Swamp and Perfect Defense) the rest are all completable by yourself without killing tequatl…..

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blok.2604

Blok.2604

Myself, and many other EXTREAMLY FRSUTRATED players have not been this lucky.

I have now played in over 15 tequatl events and have not been lucky enough to to be in a group that has completed this achievement.

try to join a guild iddQd from Seafarer’s Rest. every day they kill her twice

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Luck has nothing to do with it, just need organization and skill for the achievement. No change is needed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I dont have that achievement. I dont think a change is required.

If anything I would request the deletion of achievements that mean the player is actively sabotaging the encounter by trying to pull the dragon tail or diving in the wrong direction in undertow, instead of trying to win.

Right now I feel the achievement is unlikely because frankly, with the overflows, getting a group of people that are willing to participate successfully in the encounter is unlikely. Wait until all the bottomfeeders stop coming because the encounter usually fails – with or without realizing that their lazy and ignorant behaviour is the reason for the fail.

Once that happens you only meet people that are determined to win when you go there for Tequatl, then you will get it.