Tequatl slayer and never again.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

Pretty much what tittle says ive been camping my OWN homeworld for about 3hrs, why? because just a few server that at least is coordinated enough to get teq under 50%.

What will happen after i kill teq, also getting powerplayer achiev (wich is easy, the hardest part is killing teq)

im not planning of taking him down AGAIN, why you ask? just not worth it, im a hardcore player, proud owner of Liadri mini and SAB tribulation skins, hardcontent != be grouped with everyone and everykind of player unwillingly.

there is a HUGE GAP for personal skill and that can be seen from latest updates where people just complained about Liadri and SAB as “impossible”, those updates were INCREDIBLE awesome because you relied on YOUR personal skill to beat it, if you failed it was only YOUR fault, but now they added an event where ANYONE can fail it for you and 100+ players.

i dont know if Anet have highs standards about their own player base (wich they know are MOSTLY normar [casual]) players, and their hardcore players is very very small.

this event doesnt please any group, because hardcore players have to be grouped with normal players [ie; newbies] people that just afk, or clueless players, its IMPOSSIBLE to do in an overflow with at least 3rd party software and 80% of players that knows what to do and they are positioned in the most important roles.

(for you that claim an Overflow did it, it was a guild that went into an overflow got some buddies went into TS and took him down, and thats my friends is a RAID simple as that, they made an instanced version of Tequatl).

This is not worth it, having to camp a home world to get a better opportunity to kill tequatl is a bad design.

some might defend this event, and i respect that but we all have to agree that players specially normal players get tired of failing, and sadly they are the new blood that keeps event running, how many times can you replicate a BG, TC, [TSK] in a week?.

lets say they all do it once per day thats 7 hours (per succesfull server) of 168hrs of gameplay. between 26 servers (at least NA).

this is a bad design, badly scaled, badly implemented.

TL;DR: im a hardcore player but i wont be a recurring tequatl slayer.

(edited by Denial Of Service.5732)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Though you make many strong and valid points, I think that after the many casuals have attempted, failed, and quit whining in order to just not try. We’ll see only the Hardcore’s or skilled players populating the maps. This would make success much easier and definitely easier to coordinate. Though waiting for that time definitely sucks.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I’m sure you’ve told people that complained about your prefered hardcore content the same, but: it seems Tequatl 2.0 just isnt for you, so do something else.

This content is not a measuring stick of your personal prowess only. In fact, it doesnt require much personal prowess. What it does take is the willingness to learn and adapt to a new fight, by listening to others, working with others, most likely equipping different items then you usually use. In other words, being a team player.

Of course for now, overflow screws all that over. I hope that problem goes away in two weeks or so with the new Living Story chapter (you wouldnt believe how many think they need Tequatl for their living story stuff, or that all his achievements go away in 2 weeks).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

ShunsuiKouKyoraku.9106

Lol so true. I’m finishing my ‘Living Story’ for him tonight. Without setting foot in Sparkfly. Reading is hard for some lol.

~De Oppresso Libre~
Shunsui Kou Kyoraku~Thief |Afro Claptrap~Warrior|Korra Jorradóttir~Elementalist
Zaraki Bladebreaker~Guardian|Mikasa Ackkermann~Mesmer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

I get it. I had a lot of fun socializing and working together with people on Desolation eventhough I was a guest there. Once you manage to get into a coordinated and friendly group, it’s a true joy to do. But the overflows and very long timer on the Boss make this a huge pain.

I will still try and help my server to clear it though and I will join in coordinated efforts from Desolation and TKS when I can. I’m not going to do it again on peek hours though, to give other people a chance to get in on these coordinated events and to save myself a massive headache.

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

This content is not a measuring stick of your personal prowess only. In fact, it doesnt require much personal prowess. What it does take is the willingness to learn and adapt to a new fight, by listening to others, working with others, most likely equipping different items then you usually use. In other words, being a team player.

All those things you mentioned are the characteristics of a motivated and atleast half decent player. What he is saying is that it’s painful to do this content with people who don’t do that and unless you can get into a coordinated event which has been rooting out the less motivated people for hours, you might aswell save yourself the trouble

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: robertthedread.1709

robertthedread.1709

I have been there 9 now. Not one of them ever got below 75%. So yeah trying to rely on a group of players of different skill sets is just too much to ask. I really hope this is not the direction they are taking all the world bosses.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

All those things you mentioned are the characteristics of a motivated and atleast half decent player. What he is saying is that it’s painful to do this content with people who don’t do that and unless you can get into a coordinated event which has been rooting out the less motivated people for hours, you might aswell save yourself the trouble

Yea I know – thats where my second paragraph comes in. People that know everything about the encounter now are the minority, the early adapters. In two weeks it’ll be easier to get a team together without the troubles we face today.

in Tequatl Rising

Ivonbeton.6814

I have been there 9 now. Not one of them ever got below 75%. So yeah trying to rely on a group of players of different skill sets is just too much to ask. I really hope this is not the direction they are taking all the world bosses.

I’ve wiped for two days straight, mostly on Desolation eventhough I’m from another server. Disconnected on a kill. Then suddenly two attempts in a row went great when the guy who organized the first kill came online and everyone tried their best.

Seems like it mostly happens when the most motivated people from the native and from guest servers are trying to hog the spots on a main map and when some people do a great job at organizing. We killed him with over 2min30s left, but even then you still need :

- Everyone to be able, actively participating and motivated
- A few people to step up. No ragers, constructive people who motivate and encourage others do take on more responsability.