Tequatl the Sunless loot = Greens and Blues

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hrithmus.2583

Hrithmus.2583

This must be some type of late April fools joke.

After getting a PUG to join a Team Speak server with 30+ people all talking at the same time asking the same questions over and over again “where do i go again?” “Wait, what did you say”, ’I follow who again?" More then an hour of strategy, commanders telling other users what to do Multi times.

Going over and over and over to other users on what to expect. We FINALLY beat Teq. We all see that HUGE chest full of loot. And guess what. about 89% of us got all Greens and Blues. AFTER ALL OF THAT WORK. That is what we got. My MF was at 135%…

Im not expecting much but come on. Not one Yellow from that chest. I got Better loot from FS with 85% MF on. It’s stuff like this that makes me question this game. Not only did it discourage me but also the other 30+ people that went and installed team speak, listened to instructions, actually worked as a team and this is how we all got rewarded.

That is and was my final Teq run.

(edited by Hrithmus.2583)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Interesting take on it. I think you get four dragon boxes for defeating him…and each one gives a varying amount of coin, along with mats, along with greens/blues and a chance for yellows.

After the Tequatl fight I was up 1 gold. I know it doesn’t seem like much, but it’s also the same as a dungeon reward.

People are doing Tequatl for achievements and for the chance for a teq mini and an ascended weapon.

There are and will always be faster ways to gather loot.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Magic Find doesn’t affect loot from chests or bags. Just a reminder.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No sense of satisfaction or ‘fun’ from completing the encounter? Only disappointment from the loot? How sad. Better looting next time, I hope.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

No sense of satisfaction or ‘fun’ from completing the encounter? Only disappointment from the loot? How sad. Better looting next time, I hope.

People do things based on what rewards them personally. Some people go for that overwhelming feeling of success. And that’s great. That’s good. But there are others who only do it for the Mini Tequatl and Mini Risen Hylek. And there are also some who do it for the loot. Honestly, it’s beyond disheartening when you put so much work towards something and get nothing to show for it, or nothing remotely close to the goal you’re after.

I can see what OP is talking about, and really, if they don’t step up the loot, people are going to leave this event soon. You can only sell “YEAH, WE WON, WE KILLED BIG TQ” as a feeling for so long. Eventually people will only do it for the rewards associated its her inventory, and if that reward is small, they won’t do it at all. Those who do want to do it for the feeling, they wouldn’t have the numbers to do it because Noone will be motivated to kill him anymore.

I ? Karkas.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

It’s fun the first time you beat him, but with crud loot there is no reason to join the fight again after you do all the achievements. Once other content updates roll in ppl will give up on him and it’ll be a dead event, like the old karka queen.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, I assumed (maybe mistakenly) that the OP was referring to the first time. My bad.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I already gave up on him, and this is coming from someonw who did Liadri over 120 times and beat her 2 times just for the mini and the satisfaction.

Nothing that it offers (reward wise) really entices me. It has a chance to drop a precursor, but we all know how loot works in this game…..even if someone were to get one, it is not guaranteed to be the one you need.

I dont mind the difficulty, I dont mind trying to herd the people (i have a commader tag and TS which we try to get people into) but I absolutely load to depend on others for results. I hated it on my college years, hate it on work; depending on people is like giving them a $1000 dollars in anonymity and expecting they will go around trying to find who is belongs to….

Anyways, after 8 tries, seen that the people who have done it have gotten crap for the most part, wings I wont use, I can say that it has become another event that I do not find the necessity to do. Yay great for hardcores, but I dont want to spend another hour waiting to get to the overflow my guild is on just to have to depend on 6 random people who have no idea on why the wall pop and want the turret cuz “ITZ COOLZ GUYZ”

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Its a pathetic joke but that’s the norm when it comes to anet and their bs reward system in anything pve/pvp involved. This current team does not compute what a rewarding dungeon run is or the kind of loot should be in new teq’s chest. For now i have only killed teq twice and from killing him twice i got three rares (two of which are guaranteed dailies) and one from chest rofl. Teq reward+bday present are the biggest jokes of 2013 in gw2, will be hard to forget.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

Fun? Sorry my definition of FUN is NOT what Tequatl is currently. Standing in a pulk of 80+ players unable to see anythign with 5-10 seconds of lag between skill activations while I can only guess if I am dead yet or not and just spam auto attack on teq because I can’t do much more due to lag even on lowest graphic settings.

If that is how A-Net envisions raiding, thanks NO.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I got a rare aqua breather from beating Tquatl today and I already had all the achievements. It’s a fun fight for me though, when I can get in on my main server.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

Tequatl dropped me a disappointment

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

There definitely should be some kind of token system in place. Arenaent just doesn’t leanr in this regard.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i’ll keep trying for the sunless daggers for my necro but it’s been disappointing so far. greens and blues.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

They should leave the ascended weapons as a low %… but I would be fine with more gold and some rares for rewards, and a higher chance for exotic, just no precursors.

Even though I dont have one for my necro yet, I dont want the Teq ascended skins to become common, those things look amazing. But yeah for the work involved in camping the map and putting together a group that large, there should be a better gold/items rewarded.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Apart from the quality of the loot, the fact that all rewards are daily (bonus chests daily per account, victory chest daily per character) doesn’t exactly motivate people who already got them for the day to help out in subsequent events.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I got a piece of armor that sold for roughly 5 gold, on my first win. I guess I shouldn’t complain. But I really was hoping for the mini, or one of the unique weapons. Most of the loot were greens and blues though.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

8 kills, nothing good to show for it so I can see where the OP is going with this. I like the fight and hope to see when actual raids show up (hopefully instanced), that the fights are remotely close to this one. By that I mean having different groups take on different roles.

What Anet needs to know is that having decent fights only go so far. The majority of the community (MMO community, pve community anyway), will first do these things to conquer a challenge. Then will continue to conquer these things for rewards. If rewards are skimpy, the pool of participants dry up fast. In my opinion anyway.

I think something like a token system would work. Similar to many other reward systems in game already. 1 token a day per account for his ascended weapon set. Would work like guild comms or pristine fractal relics. You could even create a new gift that incorporates other dungeons and time it out to equal the time it would take to craft an ascended weapon yourself. So, you would need let’s say 10 teq tokens and a gift comprised of tokens from other dungeons. Lucky drops or a sure fire goal in tote can’t be bad can it?

Either way people will know you worked for it. As for the rarity of such items, well…ascended items can’t be sold so I don’t think that many will care.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

I believe i made around 2 to 3 gold after beating him last night after selling all of those blues and greens. I also got 3 Rare items and 1 exotic ring(i did not sell).

I was satisfied with what i got. My ring is only worth 1.3 gold if i wanted to git rid of it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

A consistent reward needs to be added to this fight – I’m not talking about higher drop chances for ascended or minis or skins, those should remain rare, but something that players can count on as a satisfactory reward for defeating Teq. Maybe tokens, maybe an exotic, something that makes the 80 man team up worth it beyond the satisfaction of killing the beast itself.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sagarath.5371

Sagarath.5371

You must be EXTREMELY unlucky because when I did the Tequatl fight and beat him I got a lot of yellow mats, an orange weapon, a few yellow weapons, dragonite ore, empyreal fragments, etc, etc and giggles and squeals an ascended weapon Oh yeah and a risen priest of Balthazar mini. This was all on my first and only kill on Tequatl btw.

(edited by Sagarath.5371)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Consistent reward I agree with. but like you say it shouldnt be an increases on his “carrots”.

I believe the daily win should give 2 rares or better, like Karka queen. They should put more exotic bags at 25% intervalls (blue dragon chest 1 such bag + coin and greens or better, green chest two of the bags, rare chest 3 of the bags), On a win 4 more bags on his chest or daily bonus. That’s a total of 10 exotic bags (plus 2 rares and various greens and coin), which makes this probably better then most dungeons and depending on the required prep time still worse then champ train or invasions.

I think that balances the rewards with both advantages and disadvantages compared to other methods to get loot. The disadvantage is the required preparation effort and sheer numbers required, as well as the very real risk of failure and thus only partial rewards. The advantage for all that extra effort, obviously, are the chance at his unique loot like runes, aquabreathers, ascended weapons with unique skins and the mini.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

The experience itself was amazing for me. One of the people involved in the fight said “I hope we don’t all die at the end like last time.”. About a half a minute later, while Teq was on the verge of death, he downed almost the entire DPS group. Irony at its finest. We literally took him down with one second left on the timer while on our backs using our downed skills. ONE SECOND!

I think it was the most memorable PvE fight I’ve ever experienced. Freakin amazing. I had to guest to Blackgate for it, so I’d like to thank the folks there for helping to make it a success for me.

Then he dropped me 140gold. (Teq mini) O.O

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

You do know that if Teq dropped several rares/exotics every single time, that reduces the value of rares/exotics?

Do you know why rares/exotics have value currently?

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

OP, yes you are only guaranteed the following IF you defeat Tequatl:
5 random weapons or pieces of armor with Fine rarity or above.
1 random tier 5-6 gemstone.
Dragonite Ore.png Dragonite Ore (18)

you have a CHANCE for the following:
Chance at one of the following named exotics: The Briny Deep.png The Briny Deep

Chance at one of the following unique drops: Bone Fragments of Tequatl.png Bone Fragments of Tequatl
Colossus Fang.png Fang of Tequatl
Cloth Aquabreather of the Afflicted.png Cloth Aquabreather of the Afflicted
Cloth Aquabreather of the Afflicted.png Leather Aquabreather of the Afflicted
Cloth Aquabreather of the Afflicted.png Metal Aquabreather of the Afflicted
Mini Tequatl the Sunless.png Mini Tequatl the Sunless
Superior Rune of the Sunless.png Superior Rune of the Sunless
Ascended weapon chest
Weapon of the sunless

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

It’s fun the first time you beat him, but with crud loot there is no reason to join the fight again after you do all the achievements. Once other content updates roll in ppl will give up on him and it’ll be a dead event, like the old karka queen.

Karka queen actually gives better loot. I guested on a high pop server and did it yesterday for the first time since getting the southsun achievement for killing her. I was SO excited to do it again, no lie. And then the bonus chest had TWO rares! Red letter day.

Killed Teq three times, best loot was two rares. One from the daily and one from the chest. Twice I only got the daily rare.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

You do know that if Teq dropped several rares/exotics every single time, that reduces the value of rares/exotics?

because of ectos? quite frankly, even they have little to no value

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Yes, but they have some value.

You increase the drop rate of rares and then the value of ecto goes down.

Those people who clamor and complain over inadequate rewards need to understand that if they make changes in rewards, it will change their value. You can’t expect a situation where ecto right now is 25S and then also expect it to remain at 25S when Anet introduces 4 guaranteed rares upon completing Teq.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

too much effort for crappy reward, not to mention constant group crashes

crappy encounter, crappy reward, not even bothering anymore

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Tequatl Rising

dcypher.2590

Yes, but they have some value.

You increase the drop rate of rares and then the value of ecto goes down.

Those people who clamor and complain over inadequate rewards need to understand that if they make changes in rewards, it will change their value. You can’t expect a situation where ecto right now is 25S and then also expect it to remain at 25S when Anet introduces 4 guaranteed rares upon completing Teq.

I get what you’re saying, but honestly I don’t see why the bosses in this game don’t just have a set loot table. Instead it has a chance for like any green, any blue, any yellow, etc to drop..why not just a set table? I’ve seen a lot of complaints about other games but don’t recall seeing any problem with loot tables.

The game shouldn’t be balanced around what kind of mats you can salvage loot into, that should just be a choice…a hard choice. Here I have this awesome exotic piece that I could use or sell as is on the TP, or I can salvage it. But when the gear is just so horribly bad that the best option is to immediately salvage it for any kind of profit…well that’s just ridiculous imo. I see what you’re saying tho…but to me that still means the drops are pretty bad.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

you have a CHANCE for the following:

chance noun \?chan(t)s\ origin: ANet.

A slim to none possibility that you will ever get what you want.

“Seriously guys, it’s on the loot tables, keep trying!”

Patchnotes April 2016:

• Lols, srry, we found out that drop rates actually were screwed up with 90% of the playerbase, too bad we didn’t listen at all, everyone gets a complimentary 50 luck consumable in their mail in compensation.
  • Scarlet has returned and is teaming up with Tequatl and Canach to attack the Super Adventure Box. Can Rytlock-sama and Logan-chan be bad enough desu’s to put their problems aside and dance battle them in to submission?
Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

Problem with wiggle chests is.

If your running a turret and dont defend a battery, no wiggle chest for you, heck, if you dont substantially defend the batteries, no wiggle for you, if your not one of the lucky 50 RNG’d players thay substantiallu defended the batteries, no wiggle for you. If you had to WP because your defending or dead under zerg and it phases, no wiggle for you. Heck, if your there during phase 1, everyone that does damage should get a wiggle chest (problem is afkers or leachers getting carried.)

Really, all loot should come as a chest at end, pass or fail on ground. They could have 4 different chest styles that spawn based on victory.

And sorry to say it, but the RNG fails this event, face it, its cheaper to buy gems, convert to gold, buy your mini teq then suffer the 1-24 hours of success rate. It will also get worse.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pugster.9378

pugster.9378

The loot is kind of dumb. Yesterday I failed it only doing one or 2 megalaser and I got a rewarded a green and blue dragon chest. Today, I waited for 2 hours in jq and did it and only got one yellow item reward and got greens and blues from the chest. Stupid thing is that I forgot to do the power play achievement so that means I will wait for another 2 hours see if I can do it again for this achievement.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I’ve got its achievements, and now i’ve got absolutely no reason to do it anymore. A “rare chance” for its unique loots means i would probably never see them anyway, so why even bother?
Especially since the encounter requires quite a lot of organization/time to be won, and unless you get lucky with the drops, there is nothing worthwhile. So it is definitely a waste of time.
And i can’t even say it is fun – most of the time is passed looking at the screen and waiting for the encounter to start. Unless you’re farming some champion or materials in the map. But it isn’t like you can do something else in the meantime.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: azazil.9541

azazil.9541

I don’t like to say that but seems A.Net losing more and more customers after “Infinite Continue Coin” disaster with Tequatl.

I know at least 10-15 ( I don’t remember exact count atm ) ppl not logging to game for 2 / 3 weeks now from my friends and seems this count is increasing. Tbh sad but true.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hrithmus.2583

Hrithmus.2583

Hi again

The amount of work put into this event to be fully successfully is back breaking. You need some type of chat system for it to even remotely work. Unless your lucky and get in a group of people that already did the event a hand full of times and just tag along following the commanders it will almost 100% of the time fail.

I guess for large guilds (that im in) it’s no big deal but we run into the issue ALL THE TIME trying to get people out of overflows. We tried to meet up with another guild so we could duo it but it’s almost impossible to do something like that with the overflows.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Luigi.1584

Luigi.1584

For me – it is the worst update in Guild Wars 2 EVER. Thanks for wasted many hours for waiting for tequatl and tries to kill him.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Total rubbish rewards, just glad to get it done and over with.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Tequatl Rising

Aerlen.5326

I’m kind of laughing because before this went live, I said that if it took 80 people to down Teq that the event would die in time and not be farmed unless the loot was fantastic. People told me that as long as the chance of ascended was there, no matter how slim, it’d be farmed over and over.

I’m hearing the opposite here and on my server.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hekka.8730

Hekka.8730

Yep, people who’ve completed it aren’t repeating it, I’ve noticed. Our server is now lucky to have 5 people attempting the event, and I’m seeing less and less on those I guest to.

I’m not sure the loot needs an adjustment, but I think the mechanics regarding organisation do.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aegis Dominion.4708

Aegis Dominion.4708

I think the drops are fair…but not for the difficulty of the fight. Anet needs to go back to the drawing board on this. As posted most every server has given up on the fight. The only people going back and fighting Teq are those in specific Teq killing guilds. And at that rate, you’d might as well balance the fight so servers can PUG and have a good chance of defeating him and keep him as is for an instanced guild mission for an extra reward for those guilds able to defeat him in this very difficult state. I’m in one of those teq slaying guilds and we’re coordinated but still not always successful. Even with a successful kill it’s still down to the wire and it proves that it IS just too hard for the majority of people that play the game.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Heh. Just makes me all the more glad I don’t bother with Tequatl now.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Laarn.7014

Laarn.7014

I’ve won five times now and only got greens and blues (ok, two rares but wow that’s the difference..). Why should I even bother with it in the future? I’m already making a complete fool out of myself right now by repeating it…

in Tequatl Rising

dcypher.2590

TBH blues should not even be an option to drop off a raid boss. The loot tables are whacked out..and designed to force you to grind the content instead of enjoy it.

in Tequatl Rising

Aerlen.5326

TBH blues should not even be an option to drop off a raid boss. The loot tables are whacked out..and designed to force you to grind the content instead of enjoy it.

Not unless you’re below level 40, they shouldn’t, Teq is suicide at that level anyhow.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dime Baggins.1058

Dime Baggins.1058

Its a pathetic joke but that’s the norm when it comes to anet and their bs reward system in anything pve/pvp involved. This current team does not compute what a rewarding dungeon run is or the kind of loot should be in new teq’s chest. For now i have only killed teq twice and from killing him twice i got three rares (two of which are guaranteed dailies) and one from chest rofl. Teq reward+bday present are the biggest jokes of 2013 in gw2, will be hard to forget.

Ya getting the same account bound mini on every character you have at the one year mark is re*arded not to mention redundant. Seems like they forgot about a lot of the good stuff from GW1. Ex. – where you would get a random mini depending upon which of your birthdays it was.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

A lot of people haven’t seemed to notice that the event gives a raw 1.8 gold, which is pretty big by itself for 15 to 20 minutes of work, on top of the rares, blues, greens, champion bags, chance for a mini-pet and high chance for ascended gear and precursors,

(edited by Lopez.7369)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

A lot of people haven’t seemed to notice that the event gives a raw 1.8 gold, which is pretty big by itself for 15 to 20 minutes of work, on top of the rares, blues, greens, champion bags, chance for a mini-pet and high chance for ascended gear and precursors,

Except it isn’t 15-20 minutes, since you’ve got to organize for it and the spawn has still got a variable window.
And the chance for ascended gears and precursors may be high in comparison of other sources…but is still a very rare chance. Same for its other unique drops.
And there is also a chance to fail involved.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Serephen.3420

Serephen.3420

My first Teq kill I got a teq mini, still need one more achivement for the title, and despite that I plan to keep going at this event as long as possible. I used to lag alot more than I do now on it and with less people spamming it, seems alot easier to get done.

Rng will always be meh but I would not say it’s impossible to get a drop as you’re as likely to get one as not.

I honestly was frustrated with this boss at first but over time I started to really enjoy it more. I hope I won’t be alone in this.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sabreene.8062

Sabreene.8062

I’m not frustrated, but maybe a little let down. I have very bad luck, both with RNG and the overflows I end up in. I doubt I’ll go back very often until I can get into my own server more easily.

I’ve been spending upwards of 6 hours in overflows since this began (sometimes much more), and only got my first kill today. Most the time the overflows didn’t even get the 75% box. Finally, after waiting/trying/failing in overflows for 3 hours, the patch let me sneak into my server (yay, patch!) We won, and I got my kill and my… blues. One green. A level 5 opal jewel. And the dragonite ore. The smaller “wiggly” chests on the screen didn’t give much either. I seemed to end up with about five blue cleric spears. Yay, me!

So while I was excited to finally get the kill and my achievements, I doubt I’ll be putting in 5 or 6 hours waiting time for some more blues. Maybe once it dies down, and I can get into the main server easier (or the overflows learn how to pull together) I’ll try again.