Tequatl tokens?

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bethryn.4087

Bethryn.4087

Having beaten Tequatl, and gotten, well, ~1g worth of yellows out of it, I feel that Tequatl – and any open-world super-raid bosses in the future – ought to have a token system attached. 1 token per kill, 10 tokens for a weapon, maybe 25 for a mini. Weapons and minis still drop randomly for lucky players.

Honestly, this system works so nicely for Dungeons, it seems bizarre that A.net doesn’t want to use it elsewhere, especially now that they’ve gotten the Wallet included in the game.

Killing Tequatl is awesome, but the current loot, for most people, isn’t.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

You’re right, a token system should be implemented for the truly difficult world bosses.

Will it be? Probably not. ANet loves their RNG.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I really don’t think we need more token systems. Look at how many already exist. Do you expect the wallet to be expanded more… or for your bank inventory to fill up beyond belief?

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Bethryn.4087

Expanding the wallet would be extremely simple.

And why would the number of token systems matter at all? They’re not hard to keep track of.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

I am usually against such things but in this case I would have to agree with a token system being implemented due to the difficulty of the encounter. Mind you the tokens should be higher then 10 and 25 as they would only take 10 days to get a weapon which in all consideration not very long.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Would make sense putting some kind of guaranteed, worthwhile, unique reward – and tokens could be a way to make it so people still defeat him after a while. Cause as now it isn’t profitable, especially with the high chance to fail involved.
After all, i doubt people would have done tribulation mode if they had just a chance to get a coin for the weapon.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Konig Des Todes.2086

Didn’t know you worked at ArenaNet to be so sure of this.

A lot of things in programming that seem simple… not necessarily are.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I dont like guranted rewards, its boring if you know you have to do it X more times to get your reward.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

I dont like guranted rewards, its boring if you know you have to do it X more times to get your reward.

What the OP is saying that you get tokens in addition to the regular drops. So people actually put in the effort won’t feel like chumps for their time.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

The thought of yet another currency system really makes me cringe at this point.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I like this idea, will atleast give us some progress.
Items acquired by tokens can be account bound, vs the drop from chest can be traded in TP so it will reward the players who get it as a drop.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

The thought of yet another currency system really makes me cringe at this point.

Which is why they need to universalize dungeon tokens and then add world boss tokens which would drop from fights like Tequatl.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Konig Des Todes.2086

Which is why they need to universalize dungeon tokens and then add world boss tokens which would drop from fights like Tequatl.

So that people can speed run AC, CoF, and SE in order to get Arah armor.

Or do Shadow Behemoth, Fire Elemental, and Great Jungle Wurm to get Tequatl stuff.

Makes. Perfect. Sense.

Dear ANet writers,

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Or do Shadow Behemoth, Fire Elemental, and Great Jungle Wurm to get Tequatl stuff.

Makes. Perfect. Sense.

It does if the bosses themselves carry unique skins and rewards making them all desirable to do. Only the tokens would be universal.

And I should have probably specified that I was talking about bosses comparable to Tequatl of which there are none yet. They are however working on that.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I’m against more token systems, or if you do them make them excessively high. I dont want a calculated goal of doing it x times for z reward.

I actually felt the rewards were ok on the kill attended. Not great, but I guess nothing competes with the farm du jour (be it champ train or previously cof1). It was certainly more fun then WPing through frostgorge for 15 minutes.

One idea would be to add a few exotic salvage items that have innate good chance for ecto/dark matter/ori/ancient wood, put another exotix box in each dragon bag (75% reward is too weak) and up the rares to two.

However the drops unique to the encounter should stay rare, and not be put in a checklist. At best, make two versions of them and put one on a checklist, the other as drop. For example the same weapons and mini but reverse the color scheme. Thats easy and still recognizable and gives you both ways to acquire an item unique to the encounter. I think they should still be excessively expensive then, like 100 kills for the mini.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Makes. Perfect. Sense.

Oh yea, cause Arah gear is SO MUCH better then the gear from CoF or AC!
its just a freaking skin, the stats are about the same.

Universalize the tokens, give us tokens for playing the game (Boss tokens, 1 per boss per day per account), and have the boss tokens be used in conjunction with Instance tokens to buy upgraded Gear/Skins/Minis/Potions/ect.

RNG be kitten ed, make it easier for players to gear up appropriately, and leave the high quality skins on RNG.

At this point, we should not be seeing 80’s running around in Rares/masterwork. only Exotics and Ascended!

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

The topic was about Teq tokens and not about dungeon tokens, do not derail the thread by adding more complexity to it. This thread has nothing to do with dungeons, thats a separate issue.

Objective here is to allow players to beat the boss x times to get a certain reward. Even if lets say the mini requires 100 tokens or an ascended box requires 75 Teq kills.

Also all those complaining that this will fill up the inventory, it will take u a very long time to get 250+ tokens if the boss only awards 1 token per kill.

To add to the above, This will also give some of the players to repeat this content after the boss week is up caz currently the rewards are not worth the trouble. Most people are simply doing this only to complete achievements or to experience the content their first time.

(edited by ZilentNight.5089)

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Bethryn.4087

It’s a database.

You’re adding a field.

It really is not that difficult.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

It’s a database.

You’re adding a field.

It really is not that difficult.

the DB is the easy part, its the UI, the UI sizing, and graphics (Icons are Not that easy to make when it needs to pass Q/A). Then its about the items added to the purchase field, on the vendor you create to hold items. new items? Skin creation, sizing for each race. Item Balancing (which stat weights do they put on them, do we have these stats on another vendor already)….so yea, you really have no clue.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Bethryn.4087

the DB is the easy part, its the UI, the UI sizing, and graphics (Icons are Not that easy to make when it needs to pass Q/A). Then its about the items added to the purchase field, on the vendor you create to hold items.

These are all things they have a process for, as we’ve seen them doing it previously, and if doing so takes more than a couple of hours (barring making the icon for the token), they really need to get a better systems engineer. Populating an NPC with items for purchase should not be a difficult task for your staff.

new items? Skin creation, sizing for each race. Item Balancing (which stat weights do they put on them, do we have these stats on another vendor already)….so yea, you really have no clue.

Nobody said anything about new items, and new items are completely irrelevant to a token system. You’re grasping at straws.

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

yes.

rewards need to be improved across the board for this event. barely better than other world bosses as it stands.

how many tpkens it should take to get an ascended is debatable, but removing some aspect of RNG would extend/mainatin the life of this event.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Tequatl tokens?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Simple, yet, great idea.

+1

Problem with it would be as they slowly buff more bosses we would get an even larger number of currencies, so, it might be a good idea to just have one universal super-mega boss token (though this leads to the problem of people getting Teq mini from exclusively doing different fights).

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant