Tequatl vs Lower Populated Servers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: sweatycool.9624

sweatycool.9624

Note: I already know there is a couple of topics regarding the lower population of some servers compared to some higher populated servers.

I think the new difficulty of Tequatl is great, but my only issue with the newly revamped world boss is, lower populated servers are going to have a hell of a time trying to defeat this boss. As for myself, I am from Ferguson’s Crossing. Ranked as a high populated server(in the NA region servers, its considered low populated). There needs to be a way to make this particular world boss doable in a lower populated servers, Especially in most EU servers. If Arenanet doesn’t find a solution to this particular problem, people will guest/transfer to a server that has a much higher success rate then the server they are currently on(I.E Blackgate, top PvE NA server), causing the already low populated server to become even more abandoned. The People who won’t do this will become quite irritated, they will either just simply ignore the boss or they will rage quit(seems to be quite the trend on the forums). I am not saying “Nerf the boss because its too hard,” I’m simply saying there needs to be some sort of a solution to solve this problem. I would really hate to see the server I am on become desolated, and I am sure everyone else who enjoys their low populated server would too.

TL;DR: Most low populated servers will have an extremely hard time fighting Tequatl, causing some of those servers to become desolated. Anet needs to find a solution for this problem.

As what my mighty Norn says, EAT MORE BACON

- I Eat Bacon, from Ferguson’s Crossing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Evernessince.8035

Evernessince.8035

I doubt this one boss will cause too much damage. Either ANET will nerf him or your server will ignore him. They really need to implement a limit on guesting as well. Most PvE players seem fine by stealing slots in a map for a world boss.

in Tequatl Rising

sweatycool.9624

I doubt this one boss will cause too much damage. Either ANET will nerf him or your server will ignore him. They really need to implement a limit on guesting as well. Most PvE players seem fine by stealing slots in a map for a world boss.

Then again, I would like to see my server succeed, heck, any high pop server to succeed, but if it gets ignored, I would be quite disappointed.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

I have a strange feeling they will treat it like they did with guild missions; if there is a high success rate on bigger servers. Basically bigger servers can do it then it’s not impossible for smaller servers to the same. Just like bigger guilds versus smaller guilds when it comes to the success rate of doing bounties. I bet most of the resources in order to create this new tequatl encounter was based off from the mechanics of the guild bounty system.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

Whats even worse is low populations in the morning servers. Those of us that play in the morning might not get to beat Teq in a very long time.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ostra.3927

Ostra.3927

Anets stance.

If you are on a low pop server… TRANSFER… mass zerg PvE mass zerg WvW ftw.

Please get your priorities straight Anet.
Stat increase = gear grind.
Gear grind = no money from me ever again.

in Tequatl Rising

Greyfur.1082

We barley got the Shatterer to 20% this AM.

Um, Yeah… Thank you.

(edited by Greyfur.1082)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

as a fellow FC home world person, i completely agree. the server does say that it’s highly populated though during the event i could see an estimate of roughly 30 to 40 people trying to do this. i just went off in search of a server to guest on… BG

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Low pop servers already get an overflow. The # of people playing on Sparkfly Fen @ Yaks Bend is the same on SoR, for e.g.

You’re just not good enough

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

What’s this stealing slots in a map?

lol @ Yak’s Bend being a low population server.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marndeis.7815

Marndeis.7815

Has AN ever considered scaling bosses difficulty based on a) number of people on a server or b) number attacking them? Is it too hard to write into the code a scaled difficulty based on the number of potential people to attack it?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Has AN ever considered scaling bosses difficulty based on a) number of people on a server or b) number attacking them? Is it too hard to write into the code a scaled difficulty based on the number of potential people to attack it?

There was this thing called dynamic scaling that they invented back in 2008. Don’t know what happened to it. :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sungam.9204

Sungam.9204

I believe the misplaced that system along with their copy of the manifesto.

in Tequatl Rising

Greyfur.1082

Yeah I didn’t even think about that… What did happen to the scaling?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

If they gave him different spawn times on different servers that would help. If you wanna fight teq and he just died on your server or whatever, you could just guest to a server where he’s going to spawn soon.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

If they gave him different spawn times on different servers that would help. If you wanna fight teq and he just died on your server or whatever, you could just guest to a server where he’s going to spawn soon.

lol

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Scrambles.2604

Scrambles.2604

lol

haha. I’m thinking ahead. I added the “or whatever” to reflect failed events, lag outs, what-have-you.

I’m also from blackgate so that may just be an issue that would effect people from blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

sweatycool.9624

Low pop servers already get an overflow. The # of people playing on Sparkfly Fen @ Yaks Bend is the same on SoR, for e.g.

You’re just not good enough

I would like to say that Fergusons Crossing is smaller then Yak’s Bend, as well as SoR. We may be number 2 higher from the bottom of the list in wvw servers. but the 2 we out rank in wvw, we are smaller then their server still lol. Around a month or 2, we had a major guild leave our server to an EU server. The only major guilds we have on this server is AoE, Deth and EFG.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Organise it outside of the game and outside sparkfly. And organise. Just going in without organisation won’t work.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KehxD.6847

KehxD.6847

Well Vabbi just did it ^^ So I guess it works out somehow. There are guilds raiding on low pop servers. Way to go Tequatl Killer Squad and thank you all! =) Vabbi was second EU server to do it xD

Founder and former leader of TxS Community! For more information, please look here =)
http://www.reddit.com/r/txs

in Tequatl Rising

sweatycool.9624

Well Vabbi just did it ^^ So I guess it works out somehow. There are guilds raiding on low pop servers. Way to go Tequatl Killer Squad and thank you all! =) Vabbi was second EU server to do it xD

That is good to hear that a lower populated server has gotten to kill Tequatl. How many tries?

in Tequatl Rising

KehxD.6847

That is good to hear that a lower populated server has gotten to kill Tequatl. How many tries?

Well did 2 half organized trainings, and 2 real organized attempts with all commanders briefed etc. The first one failed ^^

Founder and former leader of TxS Community! For more information, please look here =)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

It might be a lower populated server, but if you look on the forums there is a thread where a guy tried to organise people from across servers to do this event. So it wasn’t just Vabbi, these were motivated people from all kinds of servers.

in Tequatl Rising

KehxD.6847

It might be a lower populated server, but if you look on the forums there is a thread where a guy tried to organise people from across servers to do this event. So it wasn’t just Vabbi, these were motivated people from all kinds of servers.

Jup. Not only Vabbi did it, but whole Europe! The Europeans have brought him down in a big organized attempt! But still this helps the low populated server that try to get it ^^ So it still belongs into this thread Way to go TKS!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Jup. Not only Vabbi did it, but whole Europe! The Europeans have brought him down in a big organized attempt! But still this helps the low populated server that try to get it ^^ So it still belongs into this thread Way to go TKS!

I’d like an invite if there is room left. The event is sort of running empty half the time on my server.

in Tequatl Rising

Greyfur.1082

6 people on to take on Teq on GoM this morning… its less and less everyday.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Frenk the Vile.2596

Frenk the Vile.2596

Yes, so players PAY to transfer and Anet says: gg to Tequatle. I’ve seen the same after the guild missions launch !

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kulle.6542

kulle.6542

6 people on to take on Teq on GoM this morning… its less and less everyday.

one person for each turret… you got this.