"That Had to Burn" broken?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Q:

Note: This was originally posted in the Bugs forum (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/That-Had-to-Burn-broken/first#post2877866), but I’m moving it here to hopefully get more eyes on it.

So, the old Tequatl achievement “That Had to Burn” where you fire the Megalaser at him seems to be broken. Despite taking part in a successful Tequatl kill two days ago, I did not get this achievement when the Megalaser fired.

Is this achievement no longer completable? If so, why not? You’re still firing the Megalaser at Tequatl, aren’t you? Would appreciate some feedback from ANet about whether or not this was an intended change.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hecatonchir.9326

Hecatonchir.9326

For the old fight the Megalaser was an object that had to be used by a player to fire, that was how you got the achievement. With the patch the Megalaser fires on its own, hence not being able to get the achievement. As it stands right now if you don’t have That Had to Burn you’re likely unable to get it unless ANet changes the fight again.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

This is basic QA issue which should have been looked into, How does new content affect the old?
While myself and majority of the old players have done the old achievments, the new players are getting shafted sideways.

Broken Achievements, tons of bugs(eg recent crafting fiasco), not able to play previously released living story, huge karma nerf. Will this ever stop?

in Tequatl Rising

Zaxares.5419

Hmm… Well, thanks for the answer, Hecatonchir. Hopefully ANet does make it so that we have to manually fire the laser again. It is, as I said, still fundamentally the same action in game, firing the Megalaser at Tequatl. Either that, or you get the achievement automatically the first time you’re in a Tequatl fight and the laser fires. (With the “Burning Light” achievement awarded only if you fire the laser at 25% health.)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Or… and I know this is a CRAZY idea…

You don’t worry about some silly achievement that is no longer around, and relax.

in Tequatl Rising

Zaxares.5419

But it’s 10 points! Gotta climb that AP ladder for the sweet, sweeeet lootz!

in Tequatl Rising

Zaxares.5419

So it’s been a new patch, and ol’ Teq has undergone a slight revamp. I’m still at work, but has anyone in my situation managed to get the “That Had to Burn” achievement yet?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Hmm, I never fired the megalazer manually, but I got the achievement a long time ago.

I suspect this is an oversight due to the changes to Tequatl, and hopefully will be updated so that players can still get the achievement.