The LFG system, finally

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shift Focus.9083

Shift Focus.9083

Just wanted to say thanks Anet for finally implementing an actual LFG tool for specific dungeons/other stuff, will be nice not having to alt tab constantly at gw2lfg trying to find a group, this is probably one of the best updates yet.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

I’ve never understood why I needed to leave the game to find a group.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

The LFG looked great on twitch. I’m super excited for this to be added into the game!

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Hopefully the dungeon sections are split between at least story and explorable. Would be nice if the paths were split up as well. (Didn’t see them open the individual dungeons one in the 18min preview video). At least now I (hopefully) won’t have to keep going to gw2lfg, and have problems refreshing it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I hope they instigate some kind of character limit, or some way of preventing people from selling dungeon runs. I do not know how they could do this, but it’d be nice..

As long as it doesn’t take me 20 minutes to find someone out there willing to do a story mode, I’ll be happy.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

press alt+tab and play in windowed mode, you don’t have to leave the game, you just switch windows

Are you Shpongled?

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Hopefully at the same time they fix the biggest problems of dungeon groups at the moment:

1. If the party leader leaves, everyone is kicked out.
2. Kicking players out before the end of the instance to sell the spots to others.

One – Piken Square

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

Hopefully at the same time they fix the biggest problems of dungeon groups at the moment:

2. Kicking players out before the end of the instance to sell the spots to others.

Doubt this will be fixed any time soon, just like how they STILL have not added a “Last time logged in…” mechanic for guild rosters.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Doubt this will be fixed any time soon, just like how they STILL have not added a “Last time logged in…” mechanic for guild rosters.

I could list literally 200+ things they have yet to add to add to your list. But yes I agree, nothing will be done about either of those two issues for the foreseeable future.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

One must ask, however, why it took them over a year after release to incorporate a useful LFG system in this day and age (honestly, EVERY new MMO should have a functioning LFG system at launch….to not have one shows pure laziness or uncaring on the devs’ part). Disconnect from reality maybe? Or just lazy devs? Or maybe they just didn’t give a kitten. At any rate, I guess it’s better late than never. To bad they already lost a big chunk of players who got tired of waiting for them to get their kitten in gear and put this in the game.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lonesamurai.4852

Lonesamurai.4852

Hell, WoW has a fantastic LFG system and has done for years
(and yes that is the only thing I genuinely like about WoW)

Owner and GW2 DJ, Sanitarium.FM
Guild Leader – Wolf Pack Samurai
Owner and admin, The Guild-Hall2.net

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

And it only happened at the end of the 2nd expansion. I quit wow because of what the lfg did to the community, but thankfully gw2s isn’t an auto group finder / teleport into dungeons.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

And it only happened at the end of the 2nd expansion. I quit wow because of what the lfg did to the community, but thankfully gw2s isn’t an auto group finder / teleport into dungeons.

It might as well though. GW2 already has instant teleportation. The only difference is that you have to manually click the waypoint, then run inside. It would be different if the waypoints weren’t there, but GW2 is so convenient, it doesn’t make sense not to just teleport the whole party inside.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Awesome! I can use the LFG tool once per day per dungeon!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gallrvaghn.4921

Gallrvaghn.4921

So egzoited about this! ^o^

“The boss you just killed respawns ten minutes
later. It doesn’t care that I’m there.”

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ben Newell

Ben Newell

Hopefully the dungeon sections are split between at least story and explorable. Would be nice if the paths were split up as well. (Didn’t see them open the individual dungeons one in the 18min preview video). At least now I (hopefully) won’t have to keep going to gw2lfg, and have problems refreshing it.

The dungeons category has separate filters for each dungeon. The descriptions field is provided so that you can specify story or path information for the party you’re forming/looking for.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The dungeons category has separate filters for each dungeon. The descriptions field is provided so that you can specify story or path information for the party you’re forming/looking for.

There isn’t a separate filter for story and explorable mode like the website? O_o
This is going to be a bit problematic. I remember trying to buy stuff in GW1 and looking through the list. That was pretty horrible, this sounds like it will be similar.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

There isn’t a separate filter for story and explorable mode like the website? O_o
This is going to be a bit problematic. I remember trying to buy stuff in GW1 and looking through the list. That was pretty horrible, this sounds like it will be similar.

Well, story mode doesn’t have paths…. soooo.. yeh.

I had a lot of reasons for quitting WoW but the LFG tool wasn’t one of them. I find the idea that someone quit a game over the LFG tool to be pretty hilarious honestly.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Lonesamurai.4852

It might as well though. GW2 already has instant teleportation. The only difference is that you have to manually click the waypoint, then run inside. It would be different if the waypoints weren’t there, but GW2 is so convenient, it doesn’t make sense not to just teleport the whole party inside.

Exactly, it could very easily TP you straight in to what you queued for, there is NOTHING wrong with the WoW LFG system and allows you to TP straight into content you are the right level for, but haven’t found the entrance for yet just makes sense (especially as you get an ingame mail about where it is)

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: milton.1796

milton.1796

Here here, I played before the LFG was added and LFG killed the server community because you’d learn who was a dedicated tank, healer etc and you’d ask people politely if they’d like to make a group and often it was done within 10 minutes of organizing with the LFG you can spend an hour waiting and nothing..

And it gets better the people you usually get stuck with from LFG are usually illiterate non polite goons who go into rage mode so easily.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Lonesamurai.4852

Here here, I played before the LFG was added and LFG killed the server community because you’d learn who was a dedicated tank, healer etc and you’d ask people politely if they’d like to make a group and often it was done within 10 minutes of organizing with the LFG you can spend an hour waiting and nothing..

And it gets better the people you usually get stuck with from LFG are usually illiterate non polite goons who go into rage mode so easily.

I played in vanilla, Quit not long after TBC (I was too busy with GW1 and work) and went back at Lich King
The LFG system was pretty solid, apart from fools who saw who they teamed with and left again (there loss putting them on a 1 hour timer before using it again) and now its even quicker with cross server LFG
Seriously, why can it not port us directly into a dungeon? there’s a bloody waypoint there…

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ClaraFee.2579

ClaraFee.2579

Yeah it’s about time we got LFG. And I would rather have Guild Halls over Super Adventure Box. Maybe in another ~360 days or so…

[MGW] [DHA] [VII]
Join Darkhaven at http://www.darkhaven.us

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

2. is considered Player Griefing and whoever does that will be banned from the game. Back when I ran Arah, I had 2 groups do this to me. I reported both, and never saw the players online again.

just saying.

1. is still going to be an issue. Because the instance spawns are tied to whoever opens them. They will need to change the owner to something else (maybe a RNG generated by the LFG tool that expires after ABC time limits?)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Huh, Kitten. Was hoping to have separate sections for story/explorable, so we don’t have to go through all of the descriptions and hope they put which mode it is. I knew there was a section for each dungeon from the preview video, but didn’t know if there were subsections of those as well. Wish there was…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I hope they instigate some kind of character limit, or some way of preventing people from selling dungeon runs. I do not know how they could do this, but it’d be nice..

As long as it doesn’t take me 20 minutes to find someone out there willing to do a story mode, I’ll be happy.

Why should people not be allowed to sell dungeon paths?

You’re making more gold than them by pressing 1 on champions, so where’s the big deal? They’re doing a service for up to four people, you’re not.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Avatara.1042

One must ask, however, why it took them over a year after release to incorporate a useful LFG system in this day and age (honestly, EVERY new MMO should have a functioning LFG system at launch….to not have one shows pure laziness or uncaring on the devs’ part). Disconnect from reality maybe? Or just lazy devs? Or maybe they just didn’t give a kitten. At any rate, I guess it’s better late than never. To bad they already lost a big chunk of players who got tired of waiting for them to get their kitten in gear and put this in the game.

Yep.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dakotahkid.2685

dakotahkid.2685

You’re making more gold than them by pressing 1 on champions, so where’s the big deal? They’re doing a service for up to four people, you’re not.

I don’t think its the act of selling seats that is the issue. Some people have ran through to the last boss then kicked 1 or 2 people and sold the slots that those people they kicked had worked for.

Dakota Shadowstrike
CoE

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Lonesamurai.4852

Wow…

Having just read the announcement about the LFG system rollout…

so although its been advertised as coming on the 17th, its ACTUALLY a limited roll out for live testing?

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I am very glad that your taking the time to put the tool in the game correctly. This is a good thing.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I don’t think its the act of selling seats that is the issue. Some people have ran through to the last boss then kicked 1 or 2 people and sold the slots that those people they kicked had worked for.

You do realise that legitimate sellers are getting repeatedly IP banned from gw2lfg right? The way I see it, report the people kicking, and leave the honest sellers to their business.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KrisV.5612

KrisV.5612

I’ll never use it cause I dont run with pugs, only guildies. I hope there is a way to disable this tool.

Kris Auditore- 80 Warrior Hawk Ice- Main 80 Ranger
Leader of Immortal Legacy on Blackgate(US)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/immortallegacy/

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

I’ll never use it cause I dont run with pugs, only guildies. I hope there is a way to disable this tool.

Lol? Dont use it? Dont visit the lfg tab?

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

1/10

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

Ha, it’s just a beta for about a week or so!

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ryanshay.6473

ryanshay.6473

I don’t think it has anything to do with the devs at all. Do you honestly think the developers are the ones making these calls? If you’ve ever worked for a large company, I’m sure you’ll realize that the devleopers are most likely not at the top of the food chain. They have people that they answer to, and who are most likely the ones making these judgement calls.

There are obviously a limited number of development hours in the day, so someone has to make the call as to what gets built, and when. I’m sure there’s an internal process that decides the priority of these things, and as important as LFG is to many people, it’s probably not at the top of the list for a number of reasons.

We’ve waited this long, another few weeks won’t be the end of the world. It’s coming, and it’s going to be great.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

I don’t know what the big fuss about a lfg tool is. It’s pretty obvious why it isnt a priority feature.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

press alt+tab and play in windowed mode, you don’t have to leave the game, you just switch windows

How is that not leaving the game? I’m still not playing it when I look for a group. I’m not even in the game when I’m looking for a group that way.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

So basically Anet took gw2lfg.com and put it in there game.. lol classic.. this is nothing that stands out as wow… ill still prob use gw2lfg.com more

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TheZeus.8617

TheZeus.8617

I am very glad that your taking the time to put the tool in the game correctly. This is a good thing.

A tool that shoulda been there from day 1.. Yet it’s just another carrot on a stick to get people to think HEY anet is doing something great for us.. when in fact balance and gettin classes right should be main priority not lfg tab. Most will use gw2lfg.com still anyways.

Athena War Goddess
[TWIN] Anvil Rock

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

A tool that shoulda been there from day 1.. Yet it’s just another carrot on a stick to get people to think HEY anet is doing something great for us.. when in fact balance and gettin classes right should be main priority not lfg tab. Most will use gw2lfg.com still anyways.

So most people would take the inconvenience to go outside the game rather than not?
And the people that have no clue that gw2lfg.com exists will suddenly use it instead of the ingame LFG?
Interesting.

Also different teams do different things. ANet is a company with some 200 to 300 employees. There’s no way everyone of those could work on balancing the game.
They have employed different people with different skills to different jobs for a reason.

There should be a sticky about how game design works.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Judging by the preview, the LFG tool is basically just gw2lfg, a forum where you post a thread (LFM) that only 4 other people can reply to (LFG). Since it’s cross server, I can’t imagine that working very reliably, since listings would come and go every few seconds. Is there even a random join + random dungeon option? They could have done so much more, offered daily randoms, etc.

Despite some people hating the “dungeon finder” model, it has been the best innovation to the LFG tool since the tool itself was first introduced. Why not allow dungeons to be queued and played just like PvP.

Since the tool is so basic, the one thing I don’t get is why has it taken so long. They have a browser in the game, they could have just made it a website like the trading post. I can already display the forums, gw2lfg or whatever else I want through the in-game browser by overriding it.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

One must ask, however, why it took them over a year after release to incorporate a useful LFG system in this day and age (honestly, EVERY new MMO should have a functioning LFG system at launch….to not have one shows pure laziness or uncaring on the devs’ part). Disconnect from reality maybe? Or just lazy devs? Or maybe they just didn’t give a kitten.

Or maybe they listened to the noisy minority that whine about how LFG systems destroy games, life was much better when we talked to people (because spamming “LF1M for dungeon X” is so social..), yada yada

Most will use gw2lfg.com still anyways.

I would bet you my entire bank full of loot that the usage of gw2lfg.com will be less than 0.1% of the usage of the in-game LFG tool, once it launches.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rhialto.8423

Rhialto.8423

I started playing WoW back in ’04, and the LFG tool actually got me to play more, not less. It was great to be able to log on and jump in to a dungeon without having to wait around. To each his own, I suppose.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

I started playing WoW back in ’04, and the LFG tool actually got me to play more, not less. It was great to be able to log on and jump in to a dungeon without having to wait around. To each his own, I suppose.

This right here. A LFG tool tends to make people WANT to play a game more because it offers better accessibility. Because we all know how much fun it is to stand around in town and scream “LFG!” in chat for hours on end. Most people play games to have fun, and the faster they can hop into a game and join a dungeon group, the more fun they will have. Waiting and waiting for a group to come together on its own, however is the direct opposite of fun for most people. I’ll never understand the idiots who think spamming chat for groups the old fashion way is in any way fun at all. I guess there really are some masochists out there.

And the better community comments. Lol. No proof whatsoever of statements other than anecdotal evidence. Some people love looking through their rose-tinted nostalgia glasses don’t they?

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Lonesamurai.4852

Exactly, I stayed far longer and made more ALT’s than I normally would as the LFG tool enabled me to level completely by dungeoning my way to 85
Not gone back for Pandas yet, but the new raid looks fun

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

I don’t see why people are upset, we already have an LFG tool that tonnes of players use, there’s no social aspect to that. Also it doesn’t matter if people are upset with the tool, look at gw2lfg.com, you can see people want something like this in GW2.

Then, i dunno why you would still use gw2lfg if the in-game LFG has the exact same features + more, had more people and was easier to access, but you can do whatever you want haha no one cares rly. :P

Finally, you guys get angry about the weirdest things on the internet, i really don’t get it lol.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

As a player who stood in outposts for years in GW1, having to scream LFG, what is everyone complaining about?

Sure, the LFG website showed that a need for this tool existed since launch, but I’d rather see them get it right, than rush a half-baked tool into the game.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

As a player who stood in outposts for years in GW1, having to scream LFG, what is everyone complaining about?

Sure, the LFG website showed that a need for this tool existed since launch, but I’d rather see them get it right, than rush a half-baked tool into the game.

But in GW1 you never needed a full party, you could always take heroes or henchmen if you could only find a few people. Besides people mostly played in the same district. In GW2 people are spread out over ~40(?) servers and EU/NA can’t play together. If map chat would reach other servers we wouldn’t need a lfg tool.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

But in GW1 you never needed a full party, you could always take heroes or henchmen if you could only find a few people. Besides people mostly played in the same district. In GW2 people are spread out over ~40(?) servers and EU/NA can’t play together. If map chat would reach other servers we wouldn’t need a lfg tool.

In GW1 you never needed a full party? I disagree. In Underworld, Fissure of Woe and Domain of Anguish people always requested full parties. And getting a full party together for something like Mallyx the Unyielding often took several hours.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

The LFG system, finally

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

LOTRO has a unique LFG system that reward you based on the randomness or specificness (is there such word, ?) of the dungeon you selected…….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK