The "Please, DON'T nerf" topic.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’d rather have a scenario where Tequatl has to destroy certain objectives, in order to defeat the players. The more he destroys, the harder the players have to work to get things back on track. That seems far more fair than having him fly off mid-battle.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

Things I would do to “nerf” tequatl:

-Double the timer.

-Make the AoE circles actually visible, instead of the colourblind friendly, can’t-see-them-in-the-water, invisible death areas they are now.

-Un-contest the WP nearest him. Losing 1 minute travelling because people have been conditioned not to res downed (not dead, DOWNED) players is bad.

-Fix the blue wave of insta-death so it’s animation matches it’s location. Also make it only hit for the 2000 it’s claimed to be, instead of insta-gibbing people.

I’d also love to see him NOT have defiant/unshakable, and instead of the stupid turrets (I hate, loath and despise the environmental weapons in this game) make it required that some people are using CC skills on him. Matter of fact, remove all the gimmicky crap, and make it so that a mix of healing, CC, condition damage and raw DPS are all required to win – that would be interesting. Right now it’s just stupid.

Thought this was the “DON’T nerf” topic. >_<

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

The problem is just that there are servers out there that just cannot defeat him in it’s current state.

Would I like to defeat him?
Yes.
Could I battle him 2 hours straight without dying once and constantly DPS him all the 2 hours. Likely.

Does my performance make any difference in the battle? Nope, because I contribute just like 2% of the DPS.

So why should I bother with a boss, where my performance does not make any difference?
The rewards I am getting are completly depending on other players. Players I cannot even choose. That is not good. Not at all.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I don’t think it needs a nerf at all; it’s finally an event pointed in the generally right direction the game should be going in.

Waves of enemies, turrets/etc. to protect from those enemies, etc…. This is sort of in the direction I think and continue to post about; force the players to split up during larger scale events, give the players several different important factors they have to take into account when playing.

They can keep the whole “you can pop in and out of whatever events without really needing to group” philosophy while still providing a challenge if they orient the content correctly.

The one thing I am annoyed about the lack of creativity with the timers… Sure, have a timer, but at least make it something players are actively affecting during the course of the event rather than a flipping dps race (straight forward dps races like the timer they use now are about as boring and uncreative as you can get…).

One thing I am worried about after my experience with Teq today; is it really going to be considered that challenging a few days from now? A few weeks? I am hoping at least there is enough player involvement needed now that even a few months from now, players will actually feel like they are doing something rather than auto-attack akitteng.

Any battle/raid/etc. eventually becomes this way where the mechanics become standardized and most players will just know where to go and what to do without a real need for too much communication… but the key in my opinion is whether or not the mechanics will be engaging enough months from now to still be considered entertaining and somewhat of a challenge.

As far as I can see it, the event will boil down to players knowing essentially three different event groupings:

• Direct Damage Group: the group that focuses primarily on just damaging Teq
  • Control: the group that focuses on the waves of minions spawning, keeping them from messing with the Direct Damage players and turrets
  • Support Group: Players on the turrets AOE cleansing etc. and the few players running around essentially just resing or whatever (hopefully the latter isn’t too big a group of players lol)

In my opinion these three should all be of rather equal importance in order to keep the event balanced, entertaining, and hopefully still somewhat challenging months from now. I also think that the groups shouldn’t be too static either; the event should require some of the Direct Damagers to flip to control for short periods too if things start to get out of hand and bring things back into order, before falling back into the three main groups again.

For now though; It’s kind of nice to see people failing an event and struggling so hard for once. I think the general population will rise to the challenge eventually though once the standard for how the event needs to be done is set by the larger more coordinated groups of players from larger guilds/alliances and such.

(edited by Sollith.3502)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

My suggestions were more in the way of bugfix (well, aside from the timer). The invisible poison AoE circles and the unsyned blue wave are both blatant bugs.

Timer is just a nerf, since my server hasn’t him lower than ~80%, yet. Given the time, I’m sure we could get him, and mostly survive.

The WP request is linked to the timer. Wasting a minute running back to a fight that lasts a mere fifteen minutes is bad. If the timer is longer, the further WP is ok – with the current timer, they really ought to uncontest the local WP.

Just my humble opinion

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

true..don’t nerf it. instance it. essentially you have created a 100man raid but decided to make it so casuals just get crucified for being around. Haven’t you read all the L2P, bads on turrets, etc.. remarks? About 70% of the complaints are about other people… To you (Arenanet), that should tell you the most. So buck up, and just create an instanced raid like every other mmo does because the only thing you are succeeding with this is a split in the player base.

in Tequatl Rising

stemare.2578

The problem is just that there are servers out there that just cannot defeat him in it’s current state.

Yes.
Could I battle him 2 hours straight without dying once and constantly DPS him all the 2 hours. Likely.

Does my performance make any difference in the battle? Nope, because I contribute just like 2% of the DPS.

So why should I bother with a boss, where my performance does not make any difference?
The rewards I am getting are completly depending on other players. Players I cannot even choose. That is not good. Not at all.

What about using a turret? Your performance would be crucial.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Varonth.5830

Varonth.5830

Yes.

What about using a turret? Your performance would be crucial.

There are just 6 turrets.
Very likely you don’t get such a spot. As of now, I didn’t get one.

Edit:
Even then, the people in front of me, doing the actual DPS will just die to the small waves anyway. So there won’t be enough DPS to down him.

I don’t know how so many people die to these waves. Seriously, after 10 of these waves I had the achievement to jump over 10 waves. And then I tried to dodge through them which also works fine.

(edited by Varonth.5830)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kogent.5473

Kogent.5473

Plus, while I certainly do appreciate harder bosses (that is to say, all the other champs that were buffed are more fun), the thing with Tequatl is that he wasn’t really changed as much as the fanboys are professing:

1) He has (many) adds that spawn super painful poison pools
2) He has a stacking buff that must be negated by turrets before it hits 20
3) The defend the laz0r is now defend the 3 laz0rs, every 25% hp

The main thing that was changed is his hp; it’s massive. I really hope aNet’s solution to easy bosses isn’t to just give it an massive hp boost, so much so that BG needed to have 100 people in vent coordinating to make the kill – because while that’s awesome that they did that, I’m not sure that the same can be expected from all the servers. Either nerf the timer, or nerf the hp.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

I think it’s already been proven quite well that numbers alone aren’t enough.

They also appear to be necessary.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

While forum feedback will be important to Anet(I suspect they had a sweepstake on how much ‘nerf this’ posts will be on the forum ) what will be telling is the metrics of the number of people attempting it over time and at which points they are failing.

I really don’t expect many changes during the LS events as these will take time to analyse. IF there are any changes it’ll happen later once it’s clear how popular or otherwise TQ2 is.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: XRay.1920

XRay.1920

Don’t nerf? Really? I’m of the opinion it should be nerfed and attacks made more visible.
Why you ask? overflows that’s why. It’s bad enough to try to organize as a freaking realm, but constantly having to do it with totally random ppl in different overflows is major suckage. Anyone who claims that it’s easy or not in need of modification is an utter ignorant kittenbag. There’s one thing in getting a challenge, another thing is an almost impossible to kill boss. Yesterday and today I did almost ever tea kettle event and only once was I on my home server and it was the only time I actually got to see the phase 2. And it’s also way to moronically unrewarding considering the effort that needs to be put in. My suggestion is getting off your high horses and playing the game. I can’t wait for you to get frustrated with the repeated waste of time in overflows because people can’t “rise up to the challenge”. lmao.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Nerf it or expect very few players to want to play this content in the future. Anet game tester only beat it because they play in the same room with voice chat.

There is a difference between a challenge and a complete waste of time!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Nerfing him at this point is necessary and I think ArenaNet realizes that. He was obviously tuned around the entire zerg rocking ascended or bypassing instance restrictions like Blackgate did and that just isn’t a realistic for most servers. It is also unreasonable to design a fight around voice chat when voice chat isn’t supported by the game. You should not need third party software in order to succeed.

in Tequatl Rising

stemare.2578

Nerfing him at this point is necessary and I think ArenaNet realizes that. He was obviously tuned around the entire zerg rocking ascended or bypassing instance restrictions like Blackgate did and that just isn’t a realistic for most servers. It is also unreasonable to design a fight around voice chat when voice chat isn’t supported by the game. You should not need third party software in order to succeed.

Nerfing at this point is necessary? What point?
If next week blackgate will be still the unique server who managed to kill Tequatl, i’ll be the first requesting a nerf, but kitten, 24 hours haven’t passed yet since the update!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Serbaayuu.3051

Serbaayuu.3051

Signed. Please don’t nerf it, not yet.

If nobody has beaten Tequatl by the end of Boss Week, maybe nerf it.

If 2 months pass and nobody even fights him anymore because it’s too hard, maybe nerf it.

But not now. Not after 24 hours when a World has already defeated him. This battle is just fine. Remember how everybody whined that Ascalon Catacombs was too kitten launch day.

Sylva – 80 Ranger
The Fifth Column [FCol]
Henge of Denravi

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Most of the people who wanted challenging content wanted it in the form of elite dungeons. Not an open world event that depends on hundreds of useless pugs.

I dont mind a challenging open world boss so long as it teaches players to stop being mindless #1 spammers but i think anet overestimated the open world player ability and organisation. It can be done but it requires very good organisation and understanding along with 6 competant turret users and good zerg dps (ele frostbow and fgs). Organisation is the biggest issue and its even worse on eu servers due to language barriers.

I will admit this is the first open world event ive actually enjoyed a little bit due to it not being a boring spamfest faceroll. But I cant see myself farming it. Ill get it done a few times over the event and then just go back to my unsupported dungeons.

(edited by spoj.9672)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: usafz.5746

usafz.5746

Having played the event (and failed) and read a number of the comments on here, I have some comments and summaries of my own.
Overall I am for the buffs to the Meta bosses. What I loved about the Scarlet Invasions was that it took coordination and there were a number of times were we won with less than a minute remaining on the timer (and in a couple cases, less than 10sec!) It made it exciting. However, I believe there are a couple major problems with this Tequatl Event.

1. Although the Scarlet Invasion took a decent amount of coordination and there was a 50/50 chance you would lose if too many folks went off on their own farming expeditions, win or not, you came out of the event loaded, thanks to all the champs that spawned as a result of event scaling.
a. As far as this new Tequatl event goes – there is little incentive to actually play it monetarily. Mobs do not have drops, failure has no reward, and the end chest (if you make it there by some miracle) is wimpy. There’s a number of special items you could get, but their drop rate is low. So all in all, this boss chest is very difficult to reach and then punks you by giving you mediocre rewards.
b. A wise man once asked, “Is the juice worth the squeeze?” and I say for this event, “No.”

2. It sounds like those who have successfully beaten this did so through precise coordination. I do not use TS and map chat quickly suppresses you thinking you are spamming when you are only trying to coordinate.
a. Will most servers achieve the kind of coordination required to win? I doubt it. Again, while I thought the zerging of the bosses before was too simple, this is a tip on the scale too far in the other direction. You should not need 50+ people all talking on TS together to win, and if you try to accomplish your coordination in-game, map chat suppresses you.
b. Secondly, there are only a limited (6?) number of cannons on the field that by all accounts are vital to the successful completion of the event. Get all of these manned/camped by noobs/idiots who can’t keep the scale stacks down and can’t wipe out the poison, and you’re screwed…and are these individuals likely to give up their seat? Probably not.

Again, I’m for the harder bosses…they were anything but an epic encounter before, but Tequatl is overkill. Most people will deem the frustration too high and the reward too low and pass on it for more fun and rewarding content.

(edited by usafz.5746)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

a quote from gw2 facebook:

“Guild Wars 2
So by now we guess you already know that the newly revamped Tequatl was downed after many attempts by the guilds of Blackgate, we thought we’d show you the very first attempt made by players at our Anniversary Bash a few weeks ago during PAX, Seattle. Don’t let on, but they had a little help from the developers!”

yeah…sure, they did it legit…cough BS…i mean BG…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ghaste.2419

Ghaste.2419

Having played the event (and failed) and read a number of the comments on here, I have some comments and summaries of my own.
Overall I am for the buffs to the Meta bosses. What I loved about the Scarlet Invasions was that it took coordination and there were a number of times were we won with less than a minute remaining on the timer (and in a couple cases, less than 10sec!) It made it exciting. However, I believe there are a couple major problems with this Tequatl Event.

1. Although the Scarlet Invasion took a decent amount of coordination and there was a 50/50 chance you would lose if too many folks went off on their own farming expeditions, win or not, you came out of the event loaded, thanks to all the champs that spawned as a result of event scaling.
a. As far as this new Tequatl event goes – there is little incentive to actually play it monetarily. Mobs do not have drops, failure has no reward, and the end chest (if you make it there by some miracle) is wimpy. There’s a number of special items you could get, but their drop rate is low. So all in all, this boss chest is very difficult to reach and then punks you by giving you mediocre rewards.
b. A wise man once asked, “Is the juice worth the squeeze?” and I say for this event, “No.”

2. It sounds like those who have successfully beaten this did so through precise coordination. I do not use TS and map chat quickly suppresses you thinking you are spamming when you are only trying to coordinate.
a. Will most servers achieve the kind of coordination required to win? I doubt it. Again, while I thought the zerging of the bosses before was too simple, this is a tip on the scale too far in the other direction. You should not need 50+ people all talking on TS together to win, and if you try to accomplish your coordination in-game, map chat suppresses you.
b. Secondly, there are only a limited (6?) number of cannons on the field that by all accounts are vital to the successful completion of the event. Get all of these manned/camped by noobs/idiots who can’t keep the scale stacks down and can’t wipe out the poison, and you’re screwed…and are these individuals likely to give up their seat? Probably not.

Again, I’m for the harder bosses…they were anything but an epic encounter before, but Tequatl is overkill. Most people will deem the frustration too high and the reward too low and pass on it for more fun and rewarding content.

Totaly what I think! you are right on the spot!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

I wouldn’t mind having a few minutes added to the timer but in essence I agree. There are just three dragons so the rest of the world bosses are still fully doable with any sort of set up.

I’m fine with them changing all the dragons. Just remember to leave some of the less “epic” world bosses still doable.

Also please don’t do the hp boosting. If an encounter was boring before HP boost it’s certainly more so now. If your option is to do a hp boost or rework the encounter please do the latter. If you can’t do it now just leave the encounter alone until you can. Many fights haven’t changed at all other than now it takes annoyingly long to destroy the foe. You can still autoattack them to death.

Once you start reworking other world bosses (the easier ones) make them encourage mobility and add a few side requirements. Don’t merely boost the hp. Just don’t go over the board with those.

Oh and please don’t boost the world boss HP to annoying levels… Oh wait. I have a feeling I mentioned this already.

(edited by Northlander.4619)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Dear Arenanet,
you finally gave us an actual challenging world boss that can’t be killed with brainless autoattack in 2 mins.
That’s exactly what a good part of the community was asking for and you just did it pretty good, please don’t listen to the people asking for a nerf when they didn’t even try to stop that kitten autoattack, plug the brain and think about alternative ways to face him.

Don’t talk about us like you know us. I suppose the whole Europe is just auto-attacking if no server has beaten him yet on EU.

in Tequatl Rising

stemare.2578

Dear Arenanet,
you finally gave us an actual challenging world boss that can’t be killed with brainless autoattack in 2 mins.
That’s exactly what a good part of the community was asking for and you just did it pretty good, please don’t listen to the people asking for a nerf when they didn’t even try to stop that kitten autoattack, plug the brain and think about alternative ways to face him.

Don’t talk about us like you know us. I suppose the whole Europe is just auto-attacking if no server has beaten him yet on EU.

I’m sorry Mirta, I don’t understand how your reply fits in my post.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

I’d rather have a scenario where Tequatl has to destroy certain objectives, in order to defeat the players. The more he destroys, the harder the players have to work to get things back on track. That seems far more fair than having him fly off mid-battle.

And interesting too.
Honestly, all of the meta-world bosses should do more roaming and destruction.
Or at least the weaker ones. Like I’ve never understood why the Jungle Wurm didn’t go all tremors and start heading south towards the Pale Tree with a horde of other Wurms in tow. That would be interesting, require a lot more than just standing around hitting 1, but can still be accomplished (if carried) by the people who generally don’t know what they are doing.
Really, I’d love it if some events carried across maps as well but that might be asking for overflow hell.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

I’m sorry Mirta, I don’t understand how your reply fits in my post.

This part:

please don’t listen to the people asking for a nerf when they didn’t even try to stop that kitten autoattack, plug the brain and think about alternative ways to face him.

“they didn’t even try to stop the kitten auto attack”. Yes, people asking for a nerf totally didn’t try the strategies and didn’t see the flaw of 6 people being able to fail the whole team. Yes, us who are asking for a nerf are being brain dead at him. I’ve seen so many attempts from people in overflows trying their best to organize in seconds and give advice to each other only to never surpass 85% health.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Akeif.7491

Akeif.7491

Tequatl is now absolutly amazing.
I was so depress when I first saw how boring and easy it was to defeat him.
In any game, dragons are supposed to be the most powerful beeing and now Tequatl is just that.
It’s so amazing to see people running everywhere and dying in a pure chaos of endless destruction.
That’s exactly how fighting a dragon should feel.

And it’s FUN! Before this update I NEVER went to a world boss outside for farming Dragon Ore because they were boring.

A lot of people complain about this but whatever, it’s NOT how GW2 should be.
It’s now how Guild Wars 1 was either.

To me, Tequatl is like “the last boss of GW2”. And I’m sure I’ll fail a lot trying to beat him but when I’ll succed it’s sure gonna be a rejoice!

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

It’s a joke, see.
Mirta is mad that people are complaining that the EU servers are handicapped due to language barriers making it impossible to coordinate. So to show you, Mirta is demonstrating confusing dialogue to give you a taste of the EU’s plight!

No need to be so insulting towards fellow posters. This part:

please don’t listen to the people asking for a nerf when they didn’t even try to stop that kitten autoattack, plug the brain and think about alternative ways to face him.

Is insulting to anyone that’s complaining, simply because most people ARE doing the strategy, if we would be auto Akitteng then we would be dead. Instead in every single overflow that I get in there’s frantic organization, only to never get his health down past 85% and to feel disappointed yet again.

I suppose the whole Europe is just auto-attacking if no server has beaten him yet on EU.

This sentence is here because there’s no server on EU that managed to kill him yet. According to the OP people are failing because they’re not doing the strategy right. Which is not true.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: frostyraziel.1854

frostyraziel.1854

The only thing that needs nerfing is Tequatl health. Or at least make the timer longer.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The timer should determine the level of success until the 30 min mark and then you fail. Beat him under 15 mins you get a lot of shinies. Beat him under 20 and 25 and you get less and less loot until you inevitably fail at 30min. This would give a chance to those stuck on overflow and those on low pop servers to actually get past the first stage of the fight. Personally I would prefer the encounter to be harder and not have a timer but that’s just me.

I’m slightly worried this would cause people to quit after 15 minutes, if they see they’re not going to get their ascended loot/big shinies bag anyway, thus often by proxy failing the event for others way ahead of its actual ending.

Well, at the moment they are quitting after 10 mins when they see that his health hasn’t dropped below 90%.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lithril Ashwalker.6230

Lithril Ashwalker.6230

news flash: tequatl is a dragon-like lieutenant , NOT a dragon…claw of jormag is not a dragon…but dragon like…same for shatterer…lieutenants should be far easier than zhaitan…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

i agree with the do not nerf, only that his loot need to be made even crappier than it already is because people need to know not to waste their time with him, like the karka queen and he can die of neglect.
then the only thing left are the maybe 20 elitist kittens who now can’t do the event and can yell at each about how they fail.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

Slowly but surely more and more worlds are slaying him. We have confirmation of success from Blackgate, Desolation, Tarnished Coast, Eredon Terrace, and even certain overflows. The case for nerfing this looks weaker and weaker every day, just like so many of us predicted.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

/signed

Please make more bosses like Teq. Shatner, for instance.

in Tequatl Rising

Mirta.5029

Slowly but surely more and more worlds are slaying him. We have confirmation of success from Blackgate, Desolation, Tarnished Coast, Eredon Terrace, and even certain overflows. The case for nerfing this looks weaker and weaker every day, just like so many of us predicted.

While those servers won and are more confident as days pass because everyone guests there for their Tequatl kill, servers that failed for quite a few hours get less and less chance to succeed by people going either “I’m never going to do him, time to give up” or “I’ll just guest on a server that’s good at this”. So far servers with probably the lowest morale left – Underworld and Dragonbrand. One tried for 8 hours, the other tried for 20 hours non stop. Both now filled with LA saying to new players – “don’t even bother. We will never get it here”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

I am still not certain if people will be willing to sit for 6 hours getting ready to do an event which will probably reward them with 3 yellows and some dragonite (assuming they will kill it). They do this now becouse its new, becouse they want an achievement and chance to gloat with the accomplishment. More and more worlds are slaying it? How many times he was killed? 10? How many times he spawned? 2000? That is what, 0.5% success rate? Worth to do once or twice. Regular? Better leave and farm champ trains.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

We now have official confirmation out of Vabbi and SoR too and so the list grows…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

No one in the game has attempted just standing and autoattacking for this event. You’ll do better in your argument if you accurately portray the opponents.

Everyone has tried new strategies, everyone has fought hard. Some still don’t enjoy it. Some don’t feel this is the game for this kind of content. Others feel that there are too many problems in implementation that make this a bad idea.

Both sides have a point.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hekka.8730

Hekka.8730

“Just do what most people with experience do and… well… crude as it sounds, yell at others to get their acts straight.”

Y’all catch that, Anet?

I thought the point of this game was to encourage people not to yell at each other and make others feel unwelcome. Yes, the boss requires a coordinated effort on a never-before-seen scale in this game. But that’s the thing; until 48 hours ago, those people being yelled at could rock up at almost any boss fight in the game and do what they like to try and win and it didn’t grief anyone. I don’t think it’s unreasonable that some of these people aren’t paying attention to chat and aren’t forming up with a specific squad off the bat – they’re not used to this. And frankly, I don’t think we’re encouraging them to do so by treating them like scum when I highly doubt the majority of these people are actively trying to sabotage the attempt.

On some occasions, when players have been abusing others in their attempts to “lead”, people have either left the area or just stood around trolling, jumping on portals and whatnot.

If you want people to work together, you should promote an environment that encourages unity and be a guide. Not a dictator with an attitude problem.

Personally I like the challenge. My guild and I have been watching and reading about successful assaults and have been developing strategies accordingly. Unfortunately, we are struggling to get people to cooperate, and part of that problem is bigshots in chat making unsuspecting first-attempters feel like villains and terrible players for doing what, until now, has been the norm for most events and not a problem.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Eredon Terrace attempt was done by another server (BG?). The same with overflow win (a group of guilds migrated there to avoid filthy casuals). All those other servers that have done it are the top population servers. The chance that any mid to low pop server will ever do it is decreasing from event to event, as fewer and fewer people show up.
So those that have done it will continue doing it for few more days (until they’ll get bored and will be unable to keep up the required level of effort), while those that haven’t done it will not do it. Ever, most likely. The event will end up dead on most servers, and a big guild occasional playground on few others.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Eredon Terrace attempt was done by another server (BG?). The same with overflow win (a group of guilds migrated there to avoid filthy casuals). All those other servers that have done it are the top population servers. The chance that any mid to low pop server will ever do it is decreasing from event to event, as fewer and fewer people show up.
So those that have done it will continue doing it for few more days (until they’ll get bored and will be unable to keep up the required level of effort), while those that haven’t done it will not do it. Ever, most likely. The event will end up dead on most servers, and a big guild occasional playground on few others.

By avoiding those filthy casuals they doomed the people who spent hours in an overflow just to get on the home server. They didn’t do it to help another server, they found the server with no overflow and most of them went there and won because their friends were stuck in an overflow queue that would last for hours. BG isn’t a good server to do it on because they’ve only had successful kills with the same people, and those same people aren’t doing it more than once a day.

And yes I agree, after these two weeks, say good bye to Teq. No one will ever do it, it’s not really feasible at all with just a makeshift group that has an idea of what to do. Lets be honest there is no real teaching being done, everyone knows the zerg stacks on the commander, the turrets spam 2 on teq and 345 on the zerg. That’s it, the problem is getting enough eles with conjure weapons to get teq below 75% health. Sad truth.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Having by incredible luck (being on right server and not on overflow), to have beaten tequatl, i’ll go on a whimp and say: He’s not hard. there i said it. Omg i didn’t think i would say that when i was on the overflows failing hard.

The key is the first phase. Kill the adds, the turret holders must NON STOP DEBUFF dragon, nonstop BUFF allies and remove poison stuff. Non stop, at best rate you can do. The better you do this, the faster you get tru this anoying phase, this is the SLOWEST PHASE.

After that you’ll notice it’s a lot easier. Well he still can one shot you, you still can fail horribly, but if you know this kind of stuff it’s easy to avoid. The megalaser does tons of damage/debuff on him and after it’s released you can dps him MUCH MUCH MUCH FASTER then in first phase omg so much faster. (still needs coordination and understanding of zerg though ‘now attack full force: only dps matters’.) The only hard thing now is having enough dps (not so hard if zerg focusses, uses food), surviving his vortexes (not so hard) and keeping the megalaser alive (this can be hard as there’s tons of mobs attacking them and their hp is sort of low, but you have a zerg! use all means necessary debuff the mobs like kittenload (weakness, cripple, chill, immobalize, blind etc). And you’ll make it. If one of the lasers is getting heavy damage immediately support it).

Answered my own question, earlier in the thread. Amazing i had to do it myself.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

The key is the first phase. Kill the adds, the turret holders must NON STOP DEBUFF dragon, nonstop BUFF allies and remove poison stuff. Non stop, at best rate you can do. The better you do this, the faster you get tru this anoying phase, this is the SLOWEST PHASE.

Exactly.
That’s the phase that is breaking the event and causing widespread migraines.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Every server can kill him. It requires coordination (thus VoiP) and patience (thus Time).
Every server that defeated him had to work a lot to get things sorted.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Every server can kill him.

It is easy to say for someone from Desolation. No, not every server can kill him. Some simply lack the numbers to do so. Others lack the big organized guilds. Deso happens to have both. Lucky you.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mouse.4391

Mouse.4391

ET resident here. Our server doesnt have the player base to get far on him. Most of us guest and then get stuck it crappy overflows. I do how ever like the fight just get rid of the timer.

Cyrus Snow Wolf – Engineer
Cyrus Snow Crusher – Guardian
[TAC] Tactical Terror -Eredon Terrace

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

They don’t need to nerf the content itself just change the way it is engaged.
Take it out of the open world and toss it into an instance or implement some sort of raiding UI etc.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932