Timer Needs To Be Longer

Timer Needs To Be Longer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rollara.8493

Rollara.8493

So, I’ve done this on my server (Gate of Madness) 3 times.

We’ve gotten better each time but still haven’t cracked 75% HP.

The timer is WAY too short—I think at least 20 minutes, preferably 30 minutes would help especially in the first few weeks.

It is very disappointing to have done this 3 time and not gotten any loot at all.

I’m mostly an open world PVE player, I don’t mind a bit of difficulty or a long fight, but the 15 minute timer on this one especially after waiting for 1.5 hours to try/practice again is extremely frustrating.

Timer Needs To Be Longer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cyrael Pelingar.9650

Cyrael Pelingar.9650

Jade Quarry Server, same thing. We run out of time before his health gets to 75%.

Timer Needs To Be Longer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

BG just got it to about 50%. I think its possible, people just need to stay out of red circles and jump over the waves.

Also, we got a reward. A dragon chest.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

Timer Needs To Be Longer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Voting no on increasing time. There are better ways to nerf it (if even necessary) like decreasing the HP pool.

Also, we got a reward. A dragon chest.

Which had 1 green and 2500 karma in it.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Timer Needs To Be Longer

in Tequatl Rising

Rollara.8493

1 green and 2500 karma and that’s it???? Not terribly encouraging.

Timer Needs To Be Longer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I am 100% all for a learning curve extension on the timer. I worry that in the time it takes for players to learn to do the event in the current time limit, they will become discouraged and cease attending it. Once players have acclimated to it removing the time buff would be in order.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Timer Needs To Be Longer

in Tequatl Rising

Rollara.8493

Good idea, Essence Snow! That would certainly help us learn the fight without having to sit around all day for 15 minute increments of fighting.

Timer Needs To Be Longer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The more fair weathers that leave, the more room for experienced players to gather without an Overflow. Extending the timer only encourages poor play, since then there’s no incentive to learn the mechanics.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Timer Needs To Be Longer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

So, I’ve done this on my server (Gate of Madness) 3 times.

We’ve gotten better each time but still haven’t cracked 75% HP.

The timer is WAY too short—I think at least 20 minutes, preferably 30 minutes would help especially in the first few weeks.

It is very disappointing to have done this 3 time and not gotten any loot at all.

I’m mostly an open world PVE player, I don’t mind a bit of difficulty or a long fight, but the 15 minute timer on this one especially after waiting for 1.5 hours to try/practice again is extremely frustrating.

Add a 0 to the timer (150 minutes)
or
Remove a 0 from his HP.

Either is fine.