[Video Guide] Stop Guesting!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shrimpit.7406

Shrimpit.7406

Hey guys its become apparent that everyone is still guesting in order to try and beat Tequatl, and you all know who frustrating it is to not be able to enter your main server so I made a video a few days ago that i already have posted on the forums but I think a breif text overview would help aswell for people.

You don’t need to guest onto other servers to beat Tequatl its easily doable for yourselves.
All you need is:
*A little time to prep
*Someone to take control
*Some commanders
*Voice Chat

A brief video guide on killing tequatl
http://youtu.be/oszZiQn8wtQ

If you disagree with this i will happily debate my case and even dish out more advice to help take him down.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hoser.8361

Hoser.8361

Reason for guesting: Your server has four people in Sparkfly and two are AFK.

in Tequatl Rising

Shrimpit.7406

Cant you just organise a date for people to start it? Spread the word in map chat “In 2 days at such a time, we are all gathering together to take him down”. I know it might seem abit daunting but it would snowball quite well i think. Try talk to some of the bigger guilds on the server

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

Playing devil’s advocate here- Why don’t you just organize a group to do it on another, less populated server? Why do others have to change how they want to play the game to accommodate you?

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

in Tequatl Rising

Shrimpit.7406

Valid point but, shouldn’t we be allowed to play on our own server. Instead of having to organize events for other people, and have our own community miss out?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You still won’t be able to play on your own server. If you will be able to join your server map easily, without hitting overflow, it means that there’s not enough people on main to take Teq anyway.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

You forgot one item:

*a zillion people

in Tequatl Rising

Shrimpit.7406

Maybe im being naive but i dont think you need all that many people, I reckon if you can gather around 100 from the server you should be fine

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

i dont think you need all that many people

around 100

what?

Today I learned: 100 people isn’t a lot of people.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

@Shrimpit, totally understand the frustration of not being able to play on home server, I finally just gave up trying to get on mine after last night. So many attemps to no avail.

But, for people to take you seriously on your video. It would be better to have a video of you doing all you suggest for others to do. Succeed. Post it and show people how its done.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

But if everyone’s guesting, then why would you want to do it on your home server? Why not just guest with your home server on whatever server they’re guesting on?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

Reason for guesting: Your server has four people in Sparkfly and two are AFK.

Because the rest of your server is guesting…it’s a vicious cycle. Everyone’s guesting because there’s nobody around. There’s nobody around because everyone’s guesting. Guesting is broken for both higher and lower population servers, and something needs to be done.

in Tequatl Rising

Shrimpit.7406

But if everyone’s guesting, then why would you want to do it on your home server? Why not just guest with your home server on whatever server they’re guesting on?

It can become even harder to then travel to other servers as people catch wind that “Desolation is guesting to (sever name), hurry everyone go there” and then instead of being able to join a party members instance i have to run in and out of the zone constantly

in Tequatl Rising

Shrimpit.7406

I think the overall problem isnt really the players but the system itself

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

The only way that servers with lower population will kill teq is by guesting. Either they’ll guest or someone else will guest to their server. And there is nothing wrong in that. If someone is there for 5 hours guesting on let’s say Blackgate, and you just logged on and then whine why you can’t get in because of the guests is just hypocritical and wrong. Stop whining about guesting and come early, like everyone else.
Guesting is one of the best things that happened to GW. Game is not so separated anymore as it used to be.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Tequatl should be an 80 dungeon instance. Tequatl scales with number of players, and a lot of players are dead weight. Guesting insures extra bodies and that the percentage of dead weight players is reduced. Guesting helps the high population servers and kittens the low population servers.

in Tequatl Rising

Shrimpit.7406

The only way that servers with lower population will kill teq is by guesting. Either they’ll guest or someone else will guest to their server. And there is nothing wrong in that. If someone is there for 5 hours guesting on let’s say Blackgate, and you just logged on and then whine why you can’t get in because of the guests is just hypocritical and wrong. Stop whining about guesting and come early, like everyone else.
Guesting is one of the best things that happened to GW. Game is not so separated anymore as it used to be.

Im not saying guesting is a bad thing, but the whole arguement of “you should wait” is ridiculous, when gw2 first came out one of there main selling points was that you shouldnt have to wait around to have fun. The fact that other people are denying others from being able to play with their guilds on the main server etc etc. My main issue is more that fact that it can be so hard to organise things on an overflow and consistently be able to get everyone onto the same one without being blocked by AFK guesters trying to get on the main.