Voice Communications

Voice Communications

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Probably going to take a lot of heat for this but really Anet? I understand if you want to make challenging content (some say impossible) but for this you are 99% required to use some sort of TS, Vent, Mumble etc. How about we not make content so hard you have to have another program to play it? Just my opinion (although forgive my ignorance I kinda think this would go with that 3rd party program thing but maybe I’m just an idiot.)

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Voice Communications

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

You can do this without TS, but it helps a lot having it. Nothing new in the MMO world really.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Voice Communications

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Does TS make people less stupid? And I’m doing a legit question.

Does people magically follow instructions if you tell them with your voice?

People on TS are some kind of enchanters?

Or everyone “speak” English but are unable to “read” English?

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Voice Communications

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

its more for calling out cleanses and stabilities and coordinating for defenses that’s all. Its not needed but it makes stuff easier.

Voice Communications

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Okay, lets get a tally of how many servers have beaten Teq without using a TS or similar software, because i have heard of none, but have heard a lot of complaints of people not being on TS makes them fail.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Voice Communications

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

Once people start to figure out the fight, it will become more possible to take this down without TS. Also, most TS servers I’ve been on have a MUCH lower user limit than what would be required.

Sadly, no matter how good your coordination, all it takes is three people on cannons not using them correctly to make it impossible to win.

Voice Communications

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

You make a valid point, but I think a lot of people, in the heat of battle, are far more focused on what is going on around them (they have to be, or they die) than they are on the chatlog. TS doesn’t require you to pull focus from what you’re doing.

Voice Communications

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I love people who say “once more people figure out the fight…”

Really? Because the fight is so complex right? The players who are currently not pulling their weight will never pull their weight, its just who they are, built into their mentality.

I hadn’t even fought Teq once and already I had a full set of PVT gear, undead slaying potions/sigils, optimal runes/build etc. It took me one encounter to learn how to jump waves, use a turret, and all the easier stuff too.

The fight is simple. The ONLY challenge is getting 100 people on TS, and putting together enough players who are equally prepared/who can jump and position competently.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief