Ways to improve Teq, nerf not included

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FreekPalmer.2839

FreekPalmer.2839

Here are my suggestions and the problems they will fix.

A slight lead up event that means if you don’t participate in you can’t get to fight Teq.
This would stop AFK and the overflow so much.

If the pre-event is included as well maybe it could be a training for teq to teach people tactics.

The turrets could be set up in sets of 3, 1 controlled by a player and 2 controlled by NPC’s. All need to be kept alive. This will stop people who are learning how to use the turrets stopping experienced players being useful.

I think these are more general QoL than a nerf.

Please feel free to add/disagree

Teq is very achievable and it’s not a nerf factor it’s a lack of people knowing/being at their keyboard issue

Zipp Tinker
https://www.youtube.com/zipptinker
For my latest Videos and Builds

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

This one can apply to the whole game, but it occurred to me because of Tequatl so I’ll put it here: A new condition. It occurs when there are 25 stacks of bleed on an enemy. They all get turned into this new condition (let’s call it Gash), and Gash does 25x more damage than bleed. Then, condition users can be more useful in these fights and will be able to damage Tequatl. It effectively makes the limit on Bleed 625 stacks, much better than the current 25.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MFranco.9514

MFranco.9514

I see a lot of people asking to NPS’s control the turrets, the problem is that the turrets are essential to buff the zergs and remove poison fields… and of course keep control the of number of stacks bellow 20. I’m sorry but i am not seeing npc’s buffing the zerg… You cant change the boss fight without nerfing it. One day after the tequalt patch it’s ended he will be nerfed, or people will just ignore it. So if you want the achievs of tequalt get this weeek… before the tequalt slayers guilds end. If you want the loot i am sorry to disappoint you but it is pretty rare(you need to farm him (lol)) to get something good for the chest

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Tried it a few times—not worth the time or effort. The rewards(actually lack of) make it even more so. Like Dragonball—Anet has to do something about the AFKs. Kicking them woud be nice with an unable to retry the event for 48hrs tacked on.
BTW—already ignoring this event.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Remove overflows, add districts.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Remove overflows, add districts.

Agreed. Basically, if they are going to add similar content in the future they need to sort out the back end server infrastructure. Anything else is a band-aid, covering the cracks and hoping we don’t notice.

This time, we very much did.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Relic.7148

Relic.7148

This one can apply to the whole game, but it occurred to me because of Tequatl so I’ll put it here: A new condition. It occurs when there are 25 stacks of bleed on an enemy. They all get turned into this new condition (let’s call it Gash), and Gash does 25x more damage than bleed. Then, condition users can be more useful in these fights and will be able to damage Tequatl. It effectively makes the limit on Bleed 625 stacks, much better than the current 25.

You forget that that’s only 25 stacks of bleeding, which is accrued from multiple sources, each having its own number of stacks, duration, and Condition Damage attribute to calculate damage. You can feasibly average the condition damage and duration for the damage inflicted by Gash, but then the player doesn’t see how much the stacks of Bleeding they inflict are doing to the enemy.