We all know what will REALLY happen.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

The horde is going to fight Tequatl, few will defend anything and if they did all the defenders will be on one objective with two people defending another and leaving the rest unguarded, cannon users are gonna suck at what they do, and at least 25% of the people there will just get a few hits in then go afk somewhere and wait for it to die but still get credit.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

(edited by Grimno.6172)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

it may be news to you, but the event fails if he isn’t killed in 15min. People will adapt

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Grimno.6172

Grimno.6172

it may be news to you, but the event fails if he isn’t killed in 15min. People will adapt

Yeah and you could fail the Clockwork Invasion if you didn’t kill Scarlet’s waves in 40-45 minutes but that didn’t stop folks from failing just as often as winning till the very end.

Grimno Lvl 80 WR
Lance Delgado Lvl 20 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: saden.6942

saden.6942

Yeah and you could fail the Clockwork Invasion if you didn’t kill Scarlet’s waves in 40-45 minutes but that didn’t stop folks from failing just as often as winning till the very end.

The problem with the Clockwork Invasion that caused so many failures was that people eventually stopped caring about killing Scarlet and just wanted to farm champions. Once the aetherblade waves spawned you could get 6-7 Champions easily each aetherblade spot. This meant that huge zergs formed on a couple events rather than several small groups going after events separately.

If Tequatl is the only real objective then hopefully people will contribute. If it’s only 15 minutes or less then certainly that’s not too much for people?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

You don’t get loot at Tequatl until the event is finished based on your participation. Clockwork, as Saden said, was a huge problem because you got loot with or without completing the invasion. ArenaNet learned from that horrid mistake that made a living world event be nothing but a farm for failing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

ArenaNet learned from that horrid mistake that made a living world event be nothing but a farm for failing.

One can only hope.

Though this update was in the works for 3 months approximately before the Jubilee and Clockwork content went live. So it’s hard to tell.

However, the Claw of Jormag event champions don’t drop loot, so it they adopted that philosophy then there’d be no distraction to the event.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

in Tequatl Rising

saden.6942

You don’t get loot at Tequatl until the event is finished based on your participation. Clockwork, as Saden said, was a huge problem because you got loot with or without completing the invasion. ArenaNet learned from that horrid mistake that made a living world event be nothing but a farm for failing.

I don’t think they “learned” anything from it based on what’s still going on. The event still occurs every three hours (or something) in a random zone and people still zerg aetherblades. Hell…I still go and zerg myself because I feel like I’ll be that ‘one guy that didn’t do it’ and fall behind. Also…it can sometimes be extremely fun if you happen to get away from the zerg and find a nice 10-15 man-group that runs around and catches a couple champs each time.

ArenaNet learned from that horrid mistake that made a living world event be nothing but a farm for failing.

One can only hope.

Though this update was in the works for 3 months approximately before the Jubilee and Clockwork content went live. So it’s hard to tell.

However, the Claw of Jormag event champions don’t drop loot, so it they adopted that philosophy then there’d be no distraction to the event.

I don’t like what they did to the champs in the Jormag event. Now people just completely ignore them and they are right to. I mean…why spend 5 minutes to kill a champ (NOT even contributing to Jormag) just to get absolutely nothing? There’s one extreme (farming champs for boxes) and the other extreme (champs drop nothing). They’re both extremes and they’re both extremely silly game-mechanics.

(edited by saden.6942)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

One can only hope.

They said during the live stream specifically that the champion/mobs that spawn during the new tequatl event will not drop loot.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

What will REALLY happen, considering the recipe for the Living Story updates so far, players will rush in to fight Tequatl, he will roar and proceed to reveal himself in all his draconic majesty…. but then—- Aetherblades skyship will appear crashing the dragon-slaying fest and Scarlet will do her maniacal laugh: “No more dragons for you! Mwahaha!”

Feeling ignored, Tequatl the Sunless will retreat and write an out-of-game blog post saying that he has shown us all the skills he needed to show.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

(edited by hedix.1986)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

The really good loot (i.e. ascended, mini, etc.) should be exclusive to the drop table for winning the event. Still incredibly rare, but exclusive.
Let the players have their ‘participation’ chests with the regular loot drops (blues, greens., maybe a rare or gasp exotic), but leave the exclusive things for those that actually succeed in defeating the dragon.

There’s your incentive for winning (if winning just wasn’t enough for you).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

<Tequatl appears>

“Oh no Tequatl is here!”
“Quick man the cannons!”

<Aetherblades appear>

“Screw Tequatl, let’s farm shinies!”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If they will be “incredibly rare”, then they won’t count as incentive. For a time the event will be swarmed (and failed), and then, if it will turn to be actually difficult (or just tedious, or underpopulated), it will get ignored. Like the Karka Queen was.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

<Tequatl appears>
“Oh no Tequatl is here!”
“Quick man the cannons!”

<Aetherblades appear>
“Screw Tequatl, let’s farm shinies!”

Quickly, target champions!

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

What will REALLY happen, considering the recipe for the Living Story updates so far, players will rush in to fight Tequatl, he will roar and proceed to reveal himself in all his draconic majesty…. but then—- Aetherblades skyship will appear crashing the dragon-slaying fest and Scarlet will do her maniacal laugh: “No more dragons for you! Mwahaha!”

Feeling ignored, Tequatl the Sunless will retreat and write an out-of-game blog post saying that he has shown us all the skills he needed to show.

…and reset everyone’s monthly’s that were AFk for the event :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

People talk about the Karka Queen as if it had been abbandoned, but it is done regularly in many servers.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

People talk about the Karka Queen as if it had been abbandoned, but it is done regularly in many servers.

“done regularly in many servers” as in “there are servers where it is sometimes done”? Because i am on a server with pretty decent population, where there are always a lot of people showing up for the boss events, and before last revamp the Queen event was just not being done period (the rimer restarted only on server resets). If gw2stuff was to be believed, the same happened on almost all other european servers (didn’t check the US ones). After the last revamp and introducing dragonite drops, it has been done maybe two or three times.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I don’t think they “learned” anything from it based on what’s still going on. The event still occurs every three hours (or something) in a random zone and people still zerg aetherblades. Hell…I still go and zerg myself because I feel like I’ll be that ‘one guy that didn’t do it’ and fall behind. Also…it can sometimes be extremely fun if you happen to get away from the zerg and find a nice 10-15 man-group that runs around and catches a couple champs each time.

One can only hope.

I don’t like what they did to the champs in the Jormag event. Now people just completely ignore them and they are right to. I mean…why spend 5 minutes to kill a champ (NOT even contributing to Jormag) just to get absolutely nothing? There’s one extreme (farming champs for boxes) and the other extreme (champs drop nothing). They’re both extremes and they’re both extremely silly game-mechanics.

This is why I will never do Jormag again. He drops garbage and the Champs aren’t even worth fighting – just a nuisance.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tequatl Rising

saden.6942

“done regularly in many servers” as in “there are servers where it is sometimes done”? Because i am on a server with pretty decent population, where there are always a lot of people showing up for the boss events, and before last revamp the Queen event was just not being done period (the rimer restarted only on server resets). If gw2stuff was to be believed, the same happened on almost all other european servers (didn’t check the US ones). After the last revamp and introducing dragonite drops, it has been done maybe two or three times.

On my Home-server the Karka Queen is done daily unless it’s some kind of a holiday or extenuating circumstances. Daily being every-single-day after Orr-wide events. The problem is that this is what Tequatl might turn into and many people guest to the server during these temple-runs (and Karka queen kills) which would lead to Overflow and many people getting left out and unable to do it until they can muster up their own force of 80 people or wait until the next day.

Edit: Figured I would point out that waiting isn’t much of an issue, but this game rewards brute force and not waiting.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

On my Home-server the Karka Queen is done daily unless it’s some kind of a holiday or extenuating circumstances. Daily being every-single-day after Orr-wide events. The problem is that this is what Tequatl might turn into and many people guest to the server during these temple-runs (and Karka queen kills) which would lead to Overflow and many people getting left out and unable to do it until they can muster up their own force of 80 people or wait until the next day.

Edit: Figured I would point out that waiting isn’t much of an issue, but this game rewards brute force and not waiting.

go to a lower tier server, then’ll you’ll know why people are comparing tequatl to karka queen.
on my server the karka queen is happily making southsun a gigantic karka hive, the only temple done (maybe) is melandru, and the most people can muster for world boss events is maybe 20, its been many a times where golem mark 2 and the megadestroyer is never done, or has 1 person doing it.
and that was on the populated times.

not to mention the world event in harithi hinterlands is rarer than a precursor, same goes for the pirate queen in bloodtide.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

go to a lower tier server, then’ll you’ll know why people are comparing tequatl to karka queen.
on my server the karka queen is happily making southsun a gigantic karka hive, the only temple done (maybe) is melandru, and the most people can muster for world boss events is maybe 20, its been many a times where golem mark 2 and the megadestroyer is never done, or has 1 person doing it.
and that was on the populated times.

not to mention the world event in harithi hinterlands is rarer than a precursor, same goes for the pirate queen in bloodtide.

While I think that Karka Queen is probably too much for a low populated server, and that so could happen too with new tequatl, there’s no really excuse for having so many world events undone. The people on your server must be using guesting
feature for everything or be already swimming on dragonite ore.

Events scale. Temple of Lyssa, for example, is really easy (A LOT easier and faster than being zerged) with about 5 people, so having it undone is asking any group of friends/guildies to go there and get their reard. Same probably can be applied to Dwayna (I’m not going to talk about Balthazar or Grenth, since never tried those with few players).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zovo.7829

Zovo.7829

The problem with Clockwork Chaos was that, other than not getting the achievement, failing didn’t mean anything. You still got the rewards, plus all the extra loot from all the Champion’s you farmed.

If you set it up so there’s no reward for failing folk will try a little harder. :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

An event of this size will attract PVE commanders, and that means it will probably be more organized (depending on the quality of those commanders).

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

This is what will happen.

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high-tension wires down

Helpless people on subway trains
Scream, bug-eyed, as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh, no, they say he’s got to go
Go go Godzilla!

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

An event of this size will attract PVE commanders, and that means it will probably be more organized (depending on the quality of those commanders).

In my experience, the only good thing a PvE commander ever brings to the table is a rallying point (and more often than not, their rally point is a hindrance). The vast majority of the time PvE commanders are terrible, what’s worse is that a clueless commander can actually hinder you if they are doing the wrong thing or are in a bad location and attracting more people to that location.

The Tequatl fight will probably be best tailored to large organised guilds that can accomplish different objectives at the same time even if there aren’t 8 Aetherblade champions dropping loot bags to attract the farmers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

Once again . . .

The Karka queen “never” gets done because there are never enough players in South Sun to turn the camps UNLESS the zerg has arrived for the queen.

Unlike many of the world events, the karka pre-events are not soloable. For things like the centaurs, the eye, Melandru, Grenth and the lowbie events, a single player can advance things far enough to tigger movement on the event timer and bring the subsequent zerg.

But it’s bloody impossible to do in SS. I killed the queen yesterday and a proper zerg barely got the queen spawned before one of the camps went contested again. Camp Karka and the Northeast camp are not soloable. And even if they were, the current event spawn would happen too fast for a player or two to get it done. This is what nerfs queen kills not her difficulty.

Teq will be fine. If ArenaNet does what they are promising I’ll be there for every spawn I can.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

People do karka queen on other servers? I may have to start guesting somewhere when I go there for my daily wood run. I always see other players, and they are always doing exactly what I’m doing: running around alone collecting mats.

Edit: and opening the easy chests/jumping puzzle for those new shards.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

People do karka queen on other servers? I may have to start guesting somewhere when I go there for my daily wood run. I always see other players, and they are always doing exactly what I’m doing: running around alone collecting mats.

Because, as the one above you also said, you cannot do those pre-events solo of a friend. And hope to get them all 4 done before the first one becomes contested again. So, why should I even care? It’s a hopeless task anyway.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Here’s what will really happen.

As the other spawning mobs drop nothing, no one will bother with that bit of content- you will see the same as what happens now, a lot of people standing around while a few do the pre events.

Then when the dragon spawns 100 people suddenly appear at the spawn point as people log in to their toon that is parked at the spawn spot.

If the final 25% is where the rewards are at, that’s when these toons will start helping.

Unless it’s all over in less than 15 minutes and the rewards are quite amazing, after a few goes the champ train farmers will just not bother and go back to champ farming. Then the spawn will be like karka queen which rarely if ever gets done as it’s ‘too hard’, for which read ‘I can no longer press my auto attack button’.

Going to be interesting to see how it pans out after the initial rush, and how much complaining happens when you are booted to an overflow map with only 40 people and that turns out to be an auto fail, or how low population servers cope, or what things are like not in prime time.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

*It has been gathering liquor in the depths

it is faster, harder, louder

it has returned to party and to get hammered

it is Tequila The Funbliss… and it has arrived*

best april fools day prank. Tequatl starts hosting beach parties with each arrival. free chest at the party’s end.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

This forum is full of seers. Will I ever get married?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

No. I do see people that work by the hour in your future though =P. Your implication is that it’s some mystical ability. The reality is that it’s based on simple logic, and a tiny bit of understanding why people do the things they do.

Some base observations. Remember that the term people is plural. Individuals might be different, but people generally follow the same patterns.

- People follow the path of least resistance. They want what offers the most reward with the least effort
- People further want the greatest reward in the least amount of time, with respect to the first one listed.

The problem that people are pointing out is that you are welcome to create a “challenge” on the individual, or small group, scale. There will be individuals, or small groups of individuals, that are willing to break away from those. Once you start requiring large amounts of people though, you increase the amount you need that are willing to break with the above.

(edited by GSSBlunaspike.4153)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

No. I do see people that work by the hour in your future though =P. Your implication is that it’s some mystical ability. The reality is that it’s based on simple logic, and a tiny bit of understanding why people do the things they do.

Some base observations. Remember that the term people is plural. Individuals might be different, but people generally follow the same patterns.

- People follow the path of least resistance. They want what offers the most reward with the least effort
- People further want the greatest reward in the least amount of time, with respect to the first one listed.

The problem that people are pointing out is that you are welcome to create a “challenge” on the individual, or small group, scale. There will be individuals, or small groups of individuals, that are willing to break away from those. Once you start requiring large amounts of people though, you increase the amount you need that are willing to break with the above.

Some base observations. People get incredibly kitten and have to take a joke seriously.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Some base observations. People get incredibly kitten and have to take a joke seriously.

I don’t think that would apply here. It would depend on the joke. Some people might “get it”, some might not. In text it’s hard to figure out what is joking. I think the idea behind a base observation is to make a general observation, and then build upon it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ripred.4605

Ripred.4605

While a joke, this is implying that ANet DOESN’T know that this would happen, but given the complaints cough cough they probably already saw this isssue and worked around it. There, the event won’t be like what you predicted. Now go be productive in another forum section.

Stop calling me a cat! I’m obviously an over sized combat kitten…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

While a joke, this is implying that ANet DOESN’T know that this would happen, but given the complaints cough cough they probably already saw this isssue and worked around it. There, the event won’t be like what you predicted. Now go be productive in another forum section.

Except how many other times should they have known what would happen (i.e. queens tickets/new characters) yet they still do the same thing over, then screw people over people they have to change it cause people abuse it.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: HiddenNick.7206

HiddenNick.7206

As the other spawning mobs drop nothing, no one will bother with that bit of content- you will see the same as what happens now, a lot of people standing around while a few do the pre events.

Then when the dragon spawns 100 people suddenly appear at the spawn point as people log in to their toon that is parked at the spawn spot.

If the final 25% is where the rewards are at, that’s when these toons will start helping.

Unless it’s all over in less than 15 minutes and the rewards are quite amazing, after a few goes the champ train farmers will just not bother and go back to champ farming. Then the spawn will be like karka queen which rarely if ever gets done as it’s ‘too hard’, for which read ‘I can no longer press my auto attack button’.

Going to be interesting to see how it pans out after the initial rush, and how much complaining happens when you are booted to an overflow map with only 40 people and that turns out to be an auto fail, or how low population servers cope, or what things are like not in prime time.

I don’t know what’s the players limit on that map but it’s around 120 so it’s not possible to defeat Tequatl without most of the players participating. And it’s not so easy to just drop in at the end because map is going to be full at that moment.

I’m more concerned about that we still going to need that silly boss timer to know when the event starts…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

The forums can always see the future!

In any case, what will really happen is loads of players dying….

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

I think one of the more likely scenarios is we’re going to see a few “NERF TEQUATL IS 2 HARD PLOX” threads. You know, since a lot of people tend to request a nerf if they can’t beat a boss by spamming 1.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zeph.5927

Zeph.5927

Being done once a day after server reset doesn’t really count in my opinion. If Karka Queen isn’t being farmed on a consistent basis like the other world bosses (aka, many, many, many times a day) then it doesn’t count because that still leaves out large portions of the playerbase who can’t be there when she is actually being taken down.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mohrad.8972

mohrad.8972

For The Horde!

Sorry, couldn’t resist, even tho I’ve never played WoW.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

best april fools day prank. Tequatl starts hosting beach parties with each arrival. free chest at the party’s end.

they should do what ‘adventure quest worlds’ did for one of their april fools, they had weapons that were pieces of paper with a sword drawn really badly on, the final weapon was the pencil used to draw it

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

they should do what ‘adventure quest worlds’ did for one of their april fools, they had weapons that were pieces of paper with a sword drawn really badly on, the final weapon was the pencil used to draw it

I could totally see ANet doing weapons like that. In GW, we all ran around as paper Gwen dolls for a day for April Fools.

Oh, and if Teq starts hosting parties, he needs to lob around a gigantic beach ball that the zerg has to somehow return. Rewards based on number of successful volleys.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I have two problems with this new event. If champions drop nothing then they will mostly be ignored. It’s the same problem every champion had before the loot drop patch. I say give them a guaranteed luck essence drop. Either 50 or 100. That’s small in the long run but perhaps just enough to give players reason to take them down.

My other issue is balance. If Tequatl has a 3 hour spawn time, a tough battle AND a timed fail condition then it is possible that people won’t have enough opportunities to learn how to defeat him. It may not be long before enough people are fed up with failing and just don’t bother which could lead to a lack of numbers to take it down. It’s possible that it will end up being ignored just like the Karka Queen is on my server.

My other fear is that Anet upped the difficulty but not the reward. if I have to work twice as hard to defeat Tequatl than Jormag but get the same reward, I’ll just do Teq a few times for giggle then skip the rest.

I also want to make it perfectly clear that a chance to get something better is NOT an incentive! Regardless of my amount of farming, I have NEVER received a single weapon ticket from ANY of the previous events! I’ve been playing daily since pre-release and have never received a precursor. I just got my second named exotic a few days ago and that’s likely only because I’ve been salvaging every green and blue I get my hands on. I do NOT like how much RNG is used in this game!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Empressium.5482

Empressium.5482

oh really?i foresee the increasing difficulty would be tequatl spawns TONS of champs and we all know how it went with the fail/succeed invasions!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

more likely is that people will find that killing the mobs gives more reward than the final chest, so they will brain-bash anyone attempting to win the event and focus on farming mobs.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

There is no pre-event for Tequalt, it’ll be announced the same way clockwork invasions were, so everyone will have the same chance to get there.

You get rewarded for every 25% down you get him aside from the daily bonus chest apparently, also the event wont take more than 15minutes as it has a 15minutes timer itself, if ppl dont help from the start they will get no reward because it will likely not even reach 75% health without cooperation

Samhaiim ~ Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Again: Adds will drop NOTHING. If you want loot, you have to get Teq’s health down. The rewads will increase for every 25% chunk of Teq’s HP.

Edit: Oh right, and you won’t get rewards for the 25% chunks you didn’t help with. Going AFK will not get you the full reward.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

(edited by Gabby.3205)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

So if you focus on the champs which are killing people, and don’t damage any of that 25%, you get nothing for that 25%?

Wonder how that will turn out..champs running amok with everyone hell bent on making sure they get enough damage on dragon to get the reward.

If the champs drop nothing, most people will just kite them to ensure they aren’t being hit by one and then focus on the dragon.

Going to be fun to see how the message thing works out-mash that portal key and pray you’re not in the 3rd or 4th or 5th overflow map with 10 people as it took you 4 seconds to load in.

At least without pre event the champ farmers might actually come and help- unlike Jormag at present where the train will let 15 people do the first half and all the pre event and then just turn up for his final landing and get the same rewards as those that actually did the whole event.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Well, I got my precursor during the Madd King Event in the PvE area from one of the boss boxes. It will never do me any good as I will not be bothered to do dungeons. But it looks nice in my inventory. At one time I thought of selling it but it cost too much to put it on the TP. I even got a lot of the mats and stuff to finish it but the dungeon ones are just not for me. The WvW was fine but not 5 mans, no way, been there, done that, left WoW because of it. I’ve never played with nastier people in my life than the ones doing 5 man dungeons and they were just screaming at some poor guy who didn’t tank or heal the way they expected him to. Seven years on WoW and only a few figured out that the LEADER’s responsibility is to teach the others how to get through. Kind of like Commanders. Get it Commanders just because you pay 100g for a tag doesn’t mean you know what your doing. They should have to take a test to get those things. You give me hero’s I’ll do it. Not a problem.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I’ve wanted rewards to be proportional to participation since day 6 (day 1-5 were spent wondering where everything is and what’s that and what does salvage do and I should hold onto old armor in case I’ll use it again)
this would answer so many problems: magic find users not contributing enough, champ running leeches, berserkers that are always dying, etc.
and not just event participation – killing a mob as well. If you attack that champ once, you should not get the same loot as someone that’s been going mono-a-mono with it for 10 minutes.
and participation shouldn’t just be hitting it… it should include it hitting you, and you evading it, and applied conditions, and just spending time in the vicinity of it.