Welcome to Blackgate

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

All I have to say is it’s ridiculous to see people post how their ‘community’ deserves priority over someone from a different ‘community’. We are all the SAME community! The GW2 community stop complaining about every update that comes out it makes the WHOLE community look like ungrateful crybabies.

and..

We are ALL dealing with the same problems not just you. We all want to beat Tequatl and maybe if you didn’t want people guesting to your server in huge masses you shouldn’t of bragged all about it on the forums.

I don’t think anyone really bragged. There are several posts addressing this stating basically that they weren’t bragging, they were just showing that it could be and how it was done.

I never said I deserve priority in killing Tequatl, if that’s what you mean. However, I deserve priority on playing with my server with my server’s commanders and guilds that I am familiar with. To say that someone that guests from another server deserves to play with Blackgate’s commanders and guilds just as much as the person who is familiar with them and is a part of that server is what’s ridiculous.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Guesting was implemented so friends from different servers could play together… not for you to go to another server to do world events. Then why not make it so that you have to have a person on your friends list in that area to be able to guest to it… would that make people happier instead of giving priority?

See… I also just saw this in lfg…

(Name withheld because of forum rules) PvE – General PvE, specify in comments Looking for a party thats in Black Gate non-overflow sparkfly fen. Will pay 1g to whoever gets me into BG non-overflow.

What the kitten.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Guesting was implemented so friends from different servers could play together… not for you to go to another server to do world events. Then why not make it so that you have to have a person on your friends list in that area to be able to guest to it… would that make people happier instead of giving priority?

See… I also just saw this in lfg…

(Name withheld because of forum rules) PvE – General PvE, specify in comments Looking for a party thats in Black Gate non-overflow sparkfly fen. Will pay 1g to whoever gets me into BG non-overflow.

What the kitten.

It has now become “Looking for a party thats in Black Gate non-overflow sparkfly fen, if it was a party of 5 and one left ill leave right after so you can reinvite them. Will pay 5g to whoever gets me in”

Edit: You know the guesting system is flawed when this is happening.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

I’m on SoR, and guess what every time I do Teq I’m on the overflow. Even if you didn’t have guests, there’s a good chance you’d still be in overflow. Stop crying about guests and be a good host.

But do you show up last minute? While I wait for Teq I usually end up doing homework or something else with GW2 in the back…after sitting in Sparkfly for 4+ hours, I kinda expect that I would be able to get into my main server.

That’s because people have no lives and camp it all day long! Good luck getting a non overflow

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I’m on SoR, and guess what every time I do Teq I’m on the overflow. Even if you didn’t have guests, there’s a good chance you’d still be in overflow. Stop crying about guests and be a good host.

Here’s a story:

Today BG was fighting Tequatl about an hour before the reset on the BG’s main Sparkfly Fen map. Many were there helping repeat the kill for those that needed it for the day.

The problem came with the the patch that was pushed mid-attempt. You see, there are many players actively trying to Guest onto BG so when they saw this patch they immediately snagged it and joined the “new” BG Sparkfly Fen map, shutting out 100+ BG players who were helping kill Tequatl at that moment.

Tequatl spawned shortly thereafter and no Commander was willing to help or use any strategy. This would not have even been so bad, but the players who guested were also very rude, especially the Commanders. One Commander from Darkhaven was very abrasive and telling everyone they were terrible for no reason.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Here’s a story:

Today BG was fighting Tequatl about an hour before the reset on the BG’s main Sparkfly Fen map. Many were there helping repeat the kill for those that needed it for the day.

The problem came with the the patch that was pushed mid-attempt. You see, there are many players actively trying to Guest onto BG so when they saw this patch they immediately snagged it and joined the “new” BG Sparkfly Fen map, shutting out 100+ BG players who were helping kill Tequatl at that moment.

Tequatl spawned shortly thereafter and no Commander was willing to help or use any strategy. This would not have even been so bad, but the players who guested were also very rude, especially the Commanders. One Commander from Darkhaven was very abrasive and telling everyone they were terrible for no reason.

At the time being, guesting is broken. People are guesting to successful servers like Blackgate to beat him, while servers like Blackgate are guesting to other servers to avoid these guest-ers, and there are even some who try to buy their way into a server map.

Attachment from the lfg site we have all used over the past year…

Attachments:

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

That just sounds like the BG recruitment for wvw gone wrong … come stack on our server so we can win…. but dont do it in pve :P

This. You guys over recruit to nightcap and now you guys complain about people coming to your server? Make up your minds. You guys came on to these forums bragging like crazy, what did you expect would happen?

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kbenton.4915

kbenton.4915

Here’s a story:

I’m from Darkhaven and while there are a ton of great players on our server, we have plenty of rude and extremely vocal wannabe leaders that drag us down. Today we had 110 people in team speak, a solid plan thanks to Blackgate, yet still failed. (Swift you were doing an AMAZING job, before the drama). I think our server is bitter and hurt from tons of our “top” guilds leaving because we weren’t performing as we think we should have in wvw, but that’s besides the point. We had a ton of people on our maps who think they are too cool, bashing us for trying to use VoIP. This doesn’t help our progress. The point has been made, but I really feel that very few people can ruin this event for many since it requires such tight knit work. While yes it’s possible, it’s simply not w/o a third party program and 100% dedication from EVERYONE zoned in the map. This takes hours of camping the map to attempt to remove the bads and hope good people replace them. Again this is not a new argument, but I haven’t seen much from Darkhavens perspective and I think the majority feel this way.

Yak’s Bend Thief (P/D) [HvC]

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

That just sounds like the BG recruitment for wvw gone wrong … come stack on our server so we can win…. but dont do it in pve :P

This. You guys over recruit to nightcap and now you guys complain about people coming to your server? Make up your minds. You guys came on to these forums bragging like crazy, what did you expect would happen?

Transferring to our server is different than having everyone guest and take up our spots…especially since if you transfer, that means you help out overall. Other events, WvW, dungeons, etc. Here you just come to leech off our rewards since we’re the ones who organized and found a way to defeat him, then return to your server once you get your loot.

Also, I don’t think anyone was bragging. Just because people were excited that we came up with a way to defeat him and shared it with everyone complaining it was impossible does not in any way mean we’re bragging…

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Why are you always so bitter?

BeeGee
Beast mode

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

stop server jumping just to improve your chances.

Most ironic thing I’ve read all month.

Was Blackgate saying that when they were actively recruiting guilds from other servers to be more competitive in WvW? It’s fine when it favours you personally, but now that it doesn’t you turn into a bunch of hypocrites.

Why are you always so bitter?

If you’re the pot does that make the guests the kettle?

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marax.2465

Marax.2465

Ha, im on BG but that is so funny, cause its so true.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

stop server jumping just to improve your chances.

Most ironic thing I’ve read all month.

Was Blackgate saying that when they were actively recruiting guilds from other servers to be more competitive in WvW? It’s fine when it favours you personally, but now that it doesn’t you turn into a bunch of hypocrites.

Do I really have to repost this?

Transferring to our server is different than having everyone guest and take up our spots…especially since if you transfer, that means you help out overall. Other events, WvW, dungeons, etc. Here you just come to leech off our rewards since we’re the ones who organized and found a way to defeat him, then return to your server once you get your loot.

Sure, if you think you can help us beat Tequatl and actively be a part of our community in other ways, go for it. Transfer is different than guesting. Guesting just to leech some loot off of a coordinated group, therefore essentially “stealing” it from Blackgate players is different than willing to transfer and be active in our server to benefit the server.

Difference:

• WvW recruiting (and just server recruiting in general) benefits you and the server as a whole because you will be doing WvW, events, joining our guilds, etc.
  • Guesting only benefits you while taking away from other server players. People who are guesting to Blackgate are there just to get loot from Tequatl, then they go back to their regular server for other events.

Get it now?

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Yeah I get it, come when it benefits you personally but kitten off when it doesn’t.

I’m also getting the sense that a bunch of people were carried by a core group of Blackgate players (and guests – the original group that defeated Tequatl had a large number of guests) are not upset that they aren’t being carried any more. If you can’t defeat Tequatl with the guests, what makes you any different from any other player on another server that can’t beat him?

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Yeah I get it, come when it benefits you personally but kitten off when it doesn’t.

I’m also getting the sense that a bunch of people were carried by a core group of Blackgate players (and guests – the original group that defeated Tequatl had a large number of guests) are not upset that they aren’t being carried any more. If you can’t defeat Tequatl with the guests, what makes you any different from any other player on another server that can’t beat him?

How is that at all true? By transferring to our world, you’re getting more WvW bonuses, you’re getting a better WvW experience, you’re joining active guilds that are actually willing to do stuff with you, able to be a part of coordinated groups for world events such as Tequatl, Orr, etc….and that just benefits the server? No, it benefits both the server and player. Guesting wouldn’t be a big deal if it were neutral, but as it stands, it’s benefiting the guest and harming the server players who are unable to get into their own main server. It really is a broken mechanic.

Also, never said we can’t beat him with guests…as you said, I’m sure there were some guests in both times we beat him (not to mention the main server people in ET when Blackgate took down Tequatl for them)…the point isn’t that guests make it harder. The point is the guests aren’t a part of our server and shouldn’t be taking away from the rewards that our server gets. Many people are stuck in overflows with afkers and people who don’t listen/understand while guests fill their home server. It isn’t right.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

All I have to say is it’s ridiculous to see people post how their ‘community’ deserves priority over someone from a different ‘community’. We are all the SAME community! The GW2 community stop complaining about every update that comes out it makes the WHOLE community look like ungrateful crybabies.

and..

We are ALL dealing with the same problems not just you. We all want to beat Tequatl and maybe if you didn’t want people guesting to your server in huge masses you shouldn’t of bragged all about it on the forums.

To be fair sites like Dulfy are to blame actively telling players to go guest on servers if their server cant do it.

They removed the list of servers that have beaten it and the suggestion to guest at the request of many players.

(edited by Namu.5712)

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

I wish natives in the server gets prioritized first and guests get kicked out to Overflow servers. Slots should be reserved for natives, that’s the point of being part of that server.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

I wish natives in the server gets prioritized first and guests get kicked out to Overflow servers. Slots should be reserved for natives, that’s the point of being part of that server.

Right. Not to mention guesting was made so that players can play with friends cross-server…not so that people can quick jump servers to farm a boss with a skilled and coordinated group.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Exosferatu.2961

Exosferatu.2961

Right. Not to mention guesting was made so that players can play with friends cross-server…not so that people can quick jump servers to farm a boss with a skilled and coordinated group.

It’s not possible to play with friends cross-servers while each one of them is stuck in different overflow shards. Transferring requires gems and bought gems help support this game.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dodgycookies.4562

dodgycookies.4562

Here’s a story:

Yup this happened. We got locked out. However, if you were on TS you would have known we took our zerg, guested to Eredon Terrace and proceeded to attempt and kill him there.

As a side note: there were 3 channels (BG, Overflow, and ET) with 170 people doing teq on our TS. Crazy

[ICoa] Blackgate

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Here’s a story:

Yup this happened. We got locked out. However, if you were on TS you would have known we took our zerg, guested to Eredon Terrace and proceeded to attempt and kill him there.

As a side note: there were 3 channels (BG, Overflow, and ET) with 170 people doing teq on our TS. Crazy

That is crazy…but your post just shows even more that guesting is broken as it is. There should be no reason that other servers have to guest to Blackgate to beat him, and there also should be no reason that Blackgate members have to guest to other servers in order to play together and avoid the guest-swarm.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Gunnar’s Hold was trying to organize and big attempt at him tonight to try and finaly do it but over 100 people from Seafarers Rest guilds are now squatting on him leaving most of us in overflow.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

Blackgate here. I know that if there were no guests that there would still be a queue, but it wouldn’t be extremely long all day long. Even if I log on at like 4am there is still an extremely long queue. I’ve only been able to get on the blackgate server once on Sparkfen since the patch came out.

Limiting guesting in some manner would help I believe. I think something should be done with guesting for the 2 weeks that the tequatl living story is up. For instance maybe make it so you can only get rewards from overflow or your own server.

(edited by Kojiden.8405)

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

This isn’t a Blackgate problem, it’s a problem for the entire community and it will continue to plague this event until Anet does something to address guesting and overflow servers. I can’t get into the main flow map on Kaineng. Kaineng. Idk what our exact population # is compared to BG but we all know its a helluva lot lower. There are too many people trying to do this event at once and its driving a wedge between the players who are ready, willing, and able to organize and communicate and make a serious go of it. We have dedicated Kaineng TS server, and my guild alone had 45 people partied up and ready to go last night. 5 of us made it to the main flow and the rest got sent to no less than 3 different overflows. BG and TC and some of the other larger severs undoubtedly have the coverage and organization to kill him if people don’t make the main flow, but smaller servers don’t.

We haven’t gotten Teq past 75% yet, and that’s not gonna change if these problems persist. I love the new fight and the new challenge. I want to kill him. But I want to do it on my server with my guild and my friends. I’m not gonna guest on BG just to leech and get it done.

Camping a map for hours on end is not the answer. None of us should have to do that.

Zelendel

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

I’m on TC and only have been able to get into my own overflows everytime. No luck yet, every overflow battle has been to 90%-80%

Will keep trying to get into the main map of my home server tonight /3daysstraight

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Aberrant.6749

This isn’t a Blackgate problem, it’s a problem for the entire community and it will continue to plague this event until Anet does something to address guesting and overflow servers. I can’t get into the main flow map on Kaineng. Kaineng. Idk what our exact population # is compared to BG but we all know its a helluva lot lower. There are too many people trying to do this event at once and its driving a wedge between the players who are ready, willing, and able to organize and communicate and make a serious go of it. We have dedicated Kaineng TS server, and my guild alone had 45 people partied up and ready to go last night. 5 of us made it to the main flow and the rest got sent to no less than 3 different overflows. BG and TC and some of the other larger severs undoubtedly have the coverage and organization to kill him if people don’t make the main flow, but smaller servers don’t.

We haven’t gotten Teq past 75% yet, and that’s not gonna change if these problems persist. I love the new fight and the new challenge. I want to kill him. But I want to do it on my server with my guild and my friends. I’m not gonna guest on BG just to leech and get it done.

Camping a map for hours on end is not the answer. None of us should have to do that.

Instead why don’t the smaller servers get together? That way they won’t be all fighting for the same spots, displacing natives, etc. etc.

Tarnished Coast

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Instead why don’t the smaller servers get together? That way they won’t be all fighting for the same spots, displacing natives, etc. etc.

The problem as I see it is the fact that overflows are shared across all severs within the regions, which nullifies communication via TS and Vent. Being on the Kaineng team speak server becomes kind of irrelevant if you’re not on the same map and are now fighting Teq with a bunch of random people from random servers using different methods of voice comm.

I don’t think we’re guesting on each others servers trying to find main flows, its just that most of the main flow spots are occupied by pug natives. Its not fair to exclude them and blame them for our failure, but people who don’t listen and don’t communicate are detrimental to this fight. I’ve had officers akitteng on the beach for hours on end and still not make main flow by the time Teq lands. The level of disorganization on our sever (and many of the other smaller servers) is kind of staggering. I love the idea of a coordinated effort across the lower tier servers, I just don’t see it happening when we can’t even get our own houses in order. Something along the lines or switching TS servers on the fly seems completely out of reach when we struggle to get people onto TS in the first place.

One last thing: this disorganization falls squarely on our shoulders, no excuses. But the current system isn’t really making it any easier on us.

Zelendel

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Destroyer Bravo.5391

Destroyer Bravo.5391

TC homeboy, literally got in once, and that was before we won anything. Got tequila the sunrise to 90% remaining too that time.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

I didn’t mean for it to sound like it was just a problem for Blackgate. I just have firsthand experience with Blackgate since I am part of that server. However I do believe Blackgate probably has it worse than any other server because we are highly populated and the first server to complete Tequatl…but of course I don’t know that for sure. All I know is that it’s a problem.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dyne Tianjin.8605

Dyne Tianjin.8605

It is very frustrating. I understand it is very important to be able to play with your friends but if necessary friend groups should be moved to overflows if from separate servers. ArenaNet has always been big on not making players “wait” to play content such as one might experience in setting up a raid in WoW but sitting in an overflow for 7 hours to enter your own server is exactly that. Its not that overflows can not beat hard challenges but its not the community you chose to join (your home server) and is often a bunch of players not willing to participate because they can’t get to their home server.

Please consider booting inactive players after 5-10min of inactivity when in a guested server or when there are overflows available. Some of us wish to join our servers and beat these challenges and not have to support guesting players unwilling to try on their home server.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dragnosis.8947

Dragnosis.8947

Iono, I was just fine beating Tequatl on Sanctum of Rall. Mayhaps more servers should get organized?

Syande Deathbringer of [MCG]
MadCast: Dragnosis
www.madcastgaming.com

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Aberrant.6749

Lets put it this way… I got into my non-overflow at 1pm server time to wait until reset to kill him again (with help from guildmates in a party already there). It would be nearly impossible for me to get in at the actual time that I would want to do it (although I’m still helping the other people down him). That’s how bad this is right now on TC.

Tarnished Coast

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pho.9412

pho.9412

I dont see a problem. Everyone is welcome and free to come.

Yesterday, because we had many guesters in bg. BG guested to ET, and defeated teq there. BG can guest any where they want, as well as others can guests to BG.

BG even have a whole entire room in TS full of people from other server. it was nice to listen to conversations from people who are from other server.

(edited by pho.9412)

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Would you have the same viewpoint if your home server wasn’t Blackgate?

You should be grateful.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Maybe some of the knowledgeable BG commanders would be willing to guest on other servers and meet up with those server commanders to help out working on strategy to beat Tequatl.

Would make for some nice inter-server community action I think….

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I didn’t mean for it to sound like it was just a problem for Blackgate. I just have firsthand experience with Blackgate since I am part of that server. However I do believe Blackgate probably has it worse than any other server because we are highly populated and the first server to complete Tequatl…but of course I don’t know that for sure. All I know is that it’s a problem.

I’d argue that TC is probably on par with BG in terms of over-population.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

LOL

So many things wrong with the original post
“Don’t nerf it!! Just let us put up walls so only we can Haz teh Shinies!!!”

Look whether the event itself is too hard or not….
— spoiler alert: It’s not hard, it’s just a really stupid “Watch the UI instead” DPS-Race /w ppl getting 1-shotted when they can’t see massive Telegraphs or are suffering lag … just like every other stupid overblown Massive-HP sponge “Gear Check!!! Berzerker or Gee Tee * kitten * OH” tedious “end game” content Anet has thrown at us since Launch)

Whether it’s hard or not… it’s just not a FUN design that can stand the test of time in its current state. And bannishing people off the 1 or 2 servers who eventually pull it off will only cause more people to burn up Transfers just to get around that loophole and then they’ll still be LEECHING off the “pro DPS’ers” who will have no means of keeping the “rich” leechers out.

On NSP we recently went through this same issue just a week back with the Balthazar escort to the point that some of us who were the very ones who figured out how to beat it again, were getting crashed and thrown into Overflow also …. ironically dimishing the success of the Event itself (B/c guesters wouldn’t even follow basic instructions).

The solution is not to divide people and segregate them. The solution is to educate and for Anet to tweak the content until it is once again suited for Mainstream Consumption. …. this is a PUBLIC RAID, you can’t just expect to lock the Public out of it. They’re the public / pubbies. They’re going to show up as long as there’s an Achievement attached to it.

The Best thing for the “Pros” on Blackgate to do … if they’re indeed pros and the OP’s sour attitude doesn’t speak for all of them, is to pick a DIFFERENT server to do it on, and let all the Coattailers just keep failing it on BG. If BG is as organized as we’ve heard all the stories about from WvW… then they’d have no problem (and not a lot of resistance to it) towards organizing elsewhere. That is the power of great organization

(edited by ilr.9675)

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And you seriously mean to tell me that this is how things should be? That this makes for an enjoyable gameplay experience?

Of course not. Teq doesn’t seem to be designed to be an enjoyable playing experience. Just consider this a part of a “challenge” – one more thing beyond your ability to control that can make you fail the event.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Gandara hasn’t beaten him yet I’ve never been able to get on its server for Tequatl. So really, stop with the qq. Loads of people have this problem.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

I dont see a problem….Yesterday, because we had many guesters in bg. BG guested to ET, and defeated teq there. BG can guest any where they want, as well as others can guests to BG.

How is that not a problem? Using guesting to constantly server hop just to get away from guests on their server because they’re not letting the community play together? I don’t think being in a nomad community is exactly how I want to play this game.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Would you have the same viewpoint if your home server wasn’t Blackgate?

You should be grateful.

Yes, I would, because I don’t want everyone on my server leaving me to do the event by myself. I would feel a lot better about being able to work together with my team than to ride on the coattails of other servers.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

The Best thing for the “Pros” on Blackgate to do … if they’re indeed pros and the OP’s sour attitude doesn’t speak for all of them, is to pick a DIFFERENT server to do it on, and let all the Coattailers just keep failing it on BG. If BG is as organized as we’ve heard all the stories about from WvW… then they’d have no problem (and not a lot of resistance to it) towards organizing elsewhere. That is the power of great organization

I don’t think that me wanting to be able to play with the guilds and commanders on my server and to work with them as a team is being sour; it’s being realistic. If we could do it, other servers can too, they just need to actually work together instead of guesting to these (as you call them) “pro” servers to leech off of their communication, teamwork, and strategies that they spent all day on Tuesday working towards.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Stx.4857

Actually, considering that guesting works the way it does.. he does have the right. Don’t like it? Blame A-Net.
You can’t blame players for just trying to do what it takes to down him.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Actually, considering that guesting works the way it does.. he does have the right. Don’t like it? Blame A-Net.

You’re absolutely correct. Until the fight gets tuned so it’s doable by smaller servers smaller servers will continue to guest on bigger servers to down him. It’s the nature of the beast and you really can’t blame the players here. Are they really supposed to not do the content just because they’re on a server which can’t do it?

Trust me, I know how frustrating this is having been locked out of my main instance for days now but blaming the players is the wrong way to go about it unless they’re scumbags buying slots from squatters and abusing join to deprive queued players of slots.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Aberrant.6749

I blame both A-net for allowing this behavior to continue through their lax guesting rules AND the players that take advantage of it and use it just to do an event then leave.

They did a great thing for everyone by letting us play with friends on other servers. That was super awesome of them. Some players use guesting for this reason. That’s great.

Others abuse it for just getting an event. That’s not so great.

The only reason that A-net shares in the blame at all at this point is because we’ve been asking for reasonable guesting restrictions for a long time now and nothing has been done.

Also I don’t believe that anyone in here is naive enough to think that it’s only the low population servers that are guesting.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Stx.4857

Players wouldn’t “abuse” the guesting system if this living story ‘event’ didn’t require them to.

A-Net should have forseen this. They shouldn’t have made an open world boss so hard. What they should have done was simply change the mechanics of the fight to be more engaging, while also making an instanced version similar in difficulty to the current Teq. The players are simply reacting to the system put in the game by A-Net. I don’t honestly see how you can place blame on the player base.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

Players wouldn’t “abuse” the guesting system if this living story ‘event’ didn’t require them to.

A-Net should have forseen this. They shouldn’t have made an open world boss so hard. What they should have done was simply change the mechanics of the fight to be more engaging, while also making an instanced version similar in difficulty to the current Teq. The players are simply reacting to the system put in the game by A-Net. I don’t honestly see how you can place blame on the player base.

Living Story —> Optional

They aren’t requiring anyone to do anything. I honestly have very little sympathy for the low-population servers, because I can guarantee that your server has over 80 players at any point willing to do this event. Are they all on your server? No, because at least half of them are guesting because they don’t want to put in the effort that all of the successful servers have with teamwork and coordination (not to mention 9+ hours of practicing and planning).

If your server population really is so low that you can’t get 80 people to do this event (after guesting is fixed), then Anet needs to look at combining a few servers to get activity up in those. If you have enough players to do it, but not enough want to because they’re too used to being spoon-fed everything and not having fun achieving something, then maybe players who actually want to participate should look into buying a transfer and joining a community that supports their gameplay. Guesting isn’t the answer.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

You are more than welcome to guest on servers like Anvil Rock, Henge, Devona’s Rest, Eredon’s Terrace and see how many people are there. It wasn’t packed before the event, so can’t blame guesting.

And here is the thing, you can cry about it on the forums all you want. But people will guest on the T1 servers to try and do it. If ANet adds more events that requires 100 people, keep expecting it.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

The Eternal Grace.3157

You are more than welcome to guest on servers like Anvil Rock, Henge, Devona’s Rest, Eredon’s Terrace and see how many people are there. It wasn’t packed before the event, so can’t blame guesting.

What are you even trying to say? That low population servers don’t have players doing the event? Of course they don’t; their members are all on servers like Blackgate and Tarnished Coast.

And here is the thing, you can cry about it on the forums all you want. But people will guest on the T1 servers to try and do it. If ANet adds more events that requires 100 people, keep expecting it.

Keep reverting to “crying”, please. That just shows you’re out of valid points. I’m on the forums to let Anet know there’s a problem, which there is. Of course people are going to guest, that’s why there needs to be a change…hopefully a restriction such as no world boss loot if you’re guesting.

Welcome to Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Stx.4857

See the thing is, I went through all that. I spent about 5 hours today gathering 100 players in TS, preparing, communicating etc.

We still couldn’t do it. I don’t know the exact reason, thats not the point.

The point is, what are my options now? I could give up and not do it.. or I could try and guest to a server who knows how to.

If guesting didn’t exist, I would be screwed.

You are mad because you can’t get into your main server map. I am mad because I just can’t kill him. Same result for both of us really. The only difference is that I don’t have an elitist viewpoint on it, I just want to get it done.