Why Tequatl is a badly thought out idea...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AvengerUK.8650

AvengerUK.8650

Firstly, I’m yet to beat Tequatl.

Our server has done it once, on an overflow. I’ve been there where it’s twice been 0.05% health, and failed.

But, Anet have seriously not thought this whole thing through AT ALL.

It’s fine if:
1) There arnt AFKers in your home server
2) Your server organizes, set’s times, voice comms, etc
BUT – not everyone can join in on number 2 due to server capacity.
3) People actually know what to do (which, unless it’s number 2, they don’t get past 75% never mind anything else)

So – My server is on an overflow right now, running another event to start in 15mins time. I have been trying for the past hour to get in this server. So, likelihood is I will miss it, again. and there’s nothing i can do about it.

I’m sure that I’m not the only one getting extremely frustrated with the way the event works…

Completely sucks.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AvengerUK.8650

AvengerUK.8650

They downed him on overflow. I didn’t get in.

Server’s next retry is at server reset, 1am.

Whole thing is a duck king joke.

How is everyone suppost to “join in” with this?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

One addition that I don’t think would be too difficult, and it would fix one of the biggest problems with this fight:

Anyone who’s on a cannon when the bone wall comes up whose #2 skill isn’t on cooldown gets either kicked off of (and temporarily kept off of) their cannon or insta-killed. In every attempt I’ve made (I stick to defending cannons because I’m not in a pure power build, and precision, crit damage, and condition damage are all completely useless on the boss), I have seen at least one person on a cannon who wasn’t even firing, let alone contributing to reducing the Hardened Scales buff.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Melliarc.5870

Melliarc.5870

I have seen at least one person on a cannon who wasn’t even firing, let alone contributing to reducing the Hardened Scales buff.

Not to defend them, I’m sure some of them were not using the turret properly as they should have but I like manning turrets from time to time and I’m working my kitten off to always use the #2 skill and it happens frequently that the turret bugs out. Nothing is firing at all. You need to leave the turret and get back in. Then it could not work still. So you have to leave and get back in until it starts firing again. It’s really frustrating. So maybe some of the people you saw had that problem. In the middle of the action it’s hard to understand that something’s wrong with the turret.

I don’t know if it can happen to many turrets at once but if it’s the case, I’m sure it can be the source of many failed attempts.

I can say that it happened to me maybe once every two or three events when I was manning a turret. So much that I’m on turrets less and less often because I’m too afraid of screwing the event because of this.