Will Tequatl maintain the 2½ +½h spawn timer?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

Q:

ANet, if we could know in advance whether the respawn timer for Tequatl will be changing post-patch or maintained with the current 2½ hours + ½ hour spawn window, it would be appreciated.

Since it’s the ‘big-event’, it would be nice not to miss it!

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

Next

A:

Tequatl will spawn in a similar fashion as the Clockwork Invasion. If an overflow is created within 10 minutes of the event spawning, he will also spawn there as well.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

If it stays like that with the long timer and the fac you’re kittened if you get an overflow, it will be very stupid. I think at least they will do the same as for Scarlet waves with the overflows. Dunno for the spawn timer though. Every hour would be too much so just keep as is or every 2 hours maybe.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I hope it will spawn in overflows as well especialy at begining it will be very frustrating

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hexgame.4802

Hexgame.4802

I hope it will spawn in overflows as well especialy at begining it will be very frustrating

I believe they already said every overflow created within 10 minutes of the event will still spawn Teq.

Lynsey – 80 Human Mesmer
Perky – 80 Norn Guardian
Soapie – 80 Human Ranger

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Only problem is if in my overflow there aren’t 80 players

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: zamalek.2154

zamalek.2154

Because he will be tied to the living story it’s extremely likely that we will get a “Tequatl has Risen” notification, similar to the invasion ones – and the same improvement that Hexgame points out will probably also apply.

The boss events have always scaled, you don’t need 80 players (it’s a group event so you can’t do it solo either). It just seems that way because the boss events are ALWAYS overcrowded.

Auroraglade
Epistemic.8013: Guys this is bullkitten a sentient plant creature is hitting these
wooden doors with fireballs and it’s working

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I believe they already said every overflow created within 10 minutes of the event will still spawn Teq.

Yeah, same way as Scarlet invasions. I believe they said they were doing it manually (or maybe that was the message thing), while they try to get it automated.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

That would be solved if Tequatl operates on a world timer rather than server timers as it is right now.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Tequatl will spawn in a similar fashion as the Clockwork Invasion. If an overflow is created within 10 minutes of the event spawning, he will also spawn there as well.

Oh boy! Hourly fights confirmed!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Previous

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

I didn’t say hourly. ^_-

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Even if it is every hour for 2 weeks, it’s less exhausting than invasions. At least there’ll be a 45 minute break if he fails.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: natsos.3692

natsos.3692

I didn’t say hourly. ^_-

But please don’t make it anything like how the invansions work right now, once every 3-4 hours would be fine but not like 8 :S

Natsos, Necromancer
Officer of Spartians GR[SPGR]
Gandara EU

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brimstar.9036

Brimstar.9036

If at all possible, I hope you would spawn this event perhaps less than the original Dragon Timers, just to give a sense of “OH man, Sunless is up, I gotta do that!” Get even more organization on the front as a server, Also, making the rewards even more rare and wanted.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: lordozone.9167

lordozone.9167

well, hopefully for the first two weeks he will spawn a little faster than normal, then after the two week period, slow him back down to normal?

Commander Yvette Doombringer – 80 Thief
Sea of Sorrows
Event Farming Guide —> facebook.com/GW2EventZergGuide

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

What about rewards, boss chest and bonus chest, are we still getting those once per day on this event?

vvuevv

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

will something about the event-notification change? Scarlet’s Invasions had (have?) a worldwide notification. What about dragon notifications? Will we have to use external dragontimers?

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

So these redesigned bosses are not going to require players doing event chains in the zone for them to spawn?

How is Anet going to get players to play normal DE’s? If those DE’s are not part of a boss chain.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

So these redesigned bosses are not going to require players doing event chains in the zone for them to spawn?

How is Anet going to get players to play normal DE’s? If those DE’s are not part of a boss chain.

Well, I know when the nearly hour long Scarlet events were active, I got bored of “Stand here and mash 1, collect loot.” To remedy, I went and did the events that everybody ran past and didn’t do. Soloing the Mad Bombardier when he’s scaled to a 100 player zerg was pretty fun. Took the latter half of the entire event to get him down.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Good news then

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I will make one request on the timing, if it does happen on a semi-fixed schedule, please don’t start it ON the hour. Given that many people’s schedules are dictated by the hour (like when a show ends), it can sometimes be a rush to get set up in time for events like Scarlet’s. It would be better, I think, to start these events on the XX:10 or XX:15 of the hour, so that people have plenty of time to load up and log in, and be ready to jump.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BearJada.3295

BearJada.3295

So, it sounds like then that there won’t be a way to plan ahead for this, that it’s going to go off randomly? If this extends to the other two dragons eventually, that’s going to make it pretty hard for some of us to plan out what we’re doing in an evening. As it is right now, I can take a look at the timers and work out what I can do in what time I have to play.

Also, as these guys are pretty much the source for dragonite in any appreciable amount, I’m not sure how making them harder to get to is a good thing. Unless the answer is, find time to play more, which is kind of an issue right there.

(Please note, I’m aware that this is all speculation and I’m trying not to run around saying ‘The sky is falling’ until we know. There are just concerns.)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Also, as these guys are pretty much the source for dragonite in any appreciable amount…

I really, really wish we had an alternate source for reasonable amounts of dragonite ore. The world bosses do need unique rewards, but not everyone can sit around waiting out spawn windows. In any case, right now the bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments are far easier to obtain.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Also, as these guys are pretty much the source for dragonite in any appreciable amount…

I really, really wish we had an alternate source for reasonable amounts of dragonite ore. The world bosses do need unique rewards, but not everyone can sit around waiting out spawn windows. In any case, right now the bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments are far easier to obtain.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonite_Ore

WvW Castle & Keep Lords
2 Guild Missions
Living Story (Scarlet’s invasions)
5 Orr Temple Bosses
Meta Event chains

quite a few options for Dragonite Ore apart from World Bosses, if you ask me.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

If at all possible, I hope you would spawn this event perhaps less than the original Dragon Timers, just to give a sense of “OH man, Sunless is up, I gotta do that!” Get even more organization on the front as a server, Also, making the rewards even more rare and wanted.

what about other people who cant be online for one reason or another, if I’m doing something or in a lecture, i dont want to have to miss it

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Please please do this to all world bosses as makes it more worthwhile and not having player worry about getting stuck in overflow server waiting to do world bosses much later than on main server.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in Tequatl Rising

BearJada.3295

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragonite_Ore

WvW Castle & Keep Lords
2 Guild Missions
Living Story (Scarlet’s invasions)
5 Orr Temple Bosses
Meta Event chains

quite a few options for Dragonite Ore apart from World Bosses, if you ask me.

Please note, I said appreciable amounts. The Scarlet invasion has the issue of randomness. I do manage to get in at least for a while each night and since she went to the random schedule, there have been nights that I have not seen the invasion warning at all. If Tequatl will be on a similar timer, there will be days where he won’t spawn in available play windows at all. (I did say ‘if’ as we weren’t given a time yet.)

I’m not including the ‘dragon’ level bosses as it sounds like they will be updated in a similar fashion also. The 30 ore bosses have a similar problem as as I understand it (and I may not be correct) they aren’t on any sort of schedule either.

Guild challenges are problematic for me as we have a very, very small guild. Please don’t suggest joining a larger one, that goes under the same heading as ‘find more time to play’.

It is certainly true that you get more for one target in WvW. How that will work out after the changes being made on Tuesday will also have to be seen.

The rest give 3-5. When you need 500 per piece, that’s a very, very long time.

It’s not that I’m disagreeing that there are some alternate venues, and god knows that 3-5 at a time is still better than the system in some games out there. My point just is, as things stand now, with what information we have that these materials will be much harder to come by for people with not a lot of time and I don’t know if that’s been taken into account. Any A-net feedback on this would be much appreciated.

That being said, I do like the idea of doing something interesting with these bosses. If it wasn’t for the dragonite issue, I think everything else sounds just great.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I don’t think quick ascended is for people that don’t have time to dedicate I guess. If you’re not playing much I doubt you’re doing anything that requires it.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Tequatl Rising

BearJada.3295

I don’t think quick ascended is for people that don’t have time to dedicate I guess. If you’re not playing much I doubt you’re doing anything that requires it.

Please don’t assume what I and my group are doing. Just because we don’t have hours and hours to devote every day doesn’t invalidate the specific concern about crafting materials.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

If Tequatl spawns too frequently, it will seem more like a farm-fest than an epic fight. I’m also worried that player numbers will quickly drop from players being spread between his spawn times.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Great the the overflow event system you tested with Scarlet will beomce more mainstream.

Now just put in notifications (can be disabled) for any world events in general and we do not have to check timer pages if a dragon is up or when.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

this is already in the game by the way.

teq will spawn in overflow when he spawned in the main server.

do take care not to travel back to the main server when you are almost finishing teq off.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I wish he it would be on a random timer. There is absolutely NO challenge to look at the clock and say “Oh, Gee…Tequatl is about to rise again, I have to go try to kill him…”

Much more fun to be doing your thing out in the world (or WvW) and get pinged and have to race back to Sparkfly in order to participate. It would give everyone the same chance of being on the main server when it pops rather than being in overflow before the event starts.

Level 80 Elementalist