YAY Another Back Skin!...

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

So when can we get our item skin storage wardrobe? Because as much as I love earning meta achievements to have the reward either sit and collect dust in my bank unused or haphazardly thrown on a character just to free up some space, I’d rather have a good solution to item skin storage.

Any word on when this will be implemented?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Terra Dactyl.2047

Terra Dactyl.2047

Buy more storage space. From the “optional” gemstore. Preferably with real money. You see where I’m going with this?

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Buy more storage space. From the “optional” gemstore. Preferably with real money. You see where I’m going with this?

I already have a maxed out bank and my main has max bag slots. I have 12 characters 5 of which are being used as storage. It’s getting out of hand. I saw Colin said they’re working on something in an interview at PAX but really, they keep throwing skins at us with no way of storing them…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

DCUO has a very cool wardrobe system where every “look” you encountered or purchased etc. is stored forever for your character and you can mix and match infinately from the pool you have. I DO NOT find any plausible reason for ANET not to do the same in a game where cosmetics are as important as stats..

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Another skin to stick in my bank

So far I have some wing skins, dragon helm skins, shoulder skins, watchwork skins, and a few others xD

NOt including the back item with stats from Southsun. Which I have two

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

It would be nice if these skins could go into the same skin back as the Zenith skins from the achievement progress – so that they could be accesible on all your characters at any time :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

At the very least they should be putting these meta achievement skins in the same thing as the AP skins (zenith/radiant/inferno). That way we don’t need to use a bank slot for the thing, and we can get them anytime we need to. Really disappointing that we only get one of each of these for doing the meta achievements.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I wish these things came with stats on them instead of just skins.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

There are some decent back items with stats on the TP if you search for “back”, “spine” or “brace”, and I think one item listed for “splice”.

What I wish is for the meta achievement back skins to actually include an account bound, white, stat-less back item with them just as the Charr/Quaggan backpack sets that drop from the Black Lion Chests and any backpack form the Gem Store do. Getting tired of buying a bunch of those sets just for the back items and then trashing or re-listing the covers.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

DCUO has a very cool wardrobe system where every “look” you encountered or purchased etc. is stored forever for your character and you can mix and match infinately from the pool you have. I DO NOT find any plausible reason for ANET not to do the same in a game where cosmetics are as important as stats..

From what I heard, ANet said something at PAX about creating some sort of PvE locker using the a similar type of setup as the achievement skin unlocks do now.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

It would be nice if these skins could go into the same skin back as the Zenith skins from the achievement progress – so that they could be accesible on all your characters at any time :P

They so need to do this. All Skins earned via Achievements need to hit that ‘panel’. Even older skins that we have already obtained. One time use skins that are achievements, feels cheap.

And for account bound TP/Gem Purchased skins, they want those to be single use so you are forced to spend another 600/800 gems for Character #2+ I don’t have a problem with this, as its income for NCSoft.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mohrad.8972

mohrad.8972

I’d say skin storage will work same way as the achivment skins work now.
Once you get it you can “withdraw” it out of the panel.

At least that seems viable to me.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Yay, yet another back skin... and yet another I will delete at the moment I obtain it.

Any chance we will ever get a "lore-friendly" back item? AKA no wireframe backpacks, flapping wings, or flowers? How about a sword sheath, a shield, or *gasp* a cape/cloak?

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

So glad to see somebody else mention the system used in DCUO because as far as cosmetic progression goes that game had it down perfectly and I spent most of time searching for pieces to complete my sets. The transmutation system is awful.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

So glad to see somebody else mention the system used in DCUO because as far as cosmetic progression goes that game had it down perfectly and I spent most of time searching for pieces to complete my sets. The transmutation system is awful.

I agree that DCUO did it perfect from the player perspective, but how does a company make money off that. Do they charge gems every time you swap skins or charge gems every time you withdraw a skin from your locker? There would be no reason for anyone to buy trans stones from the gemstore, and as a result i doubt something like that will make it ingame. At most we will get a locker space to deposit skin items into, but quantity will be limited and trans stones needed

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Well they said they were working on a wardrobe system, if that comes to pass, I’m buying everything nice in the gemstore to show my support :p

Requiring a transmutation stone as a reagent for swapping skins would be perfectly fine imo. It’s not so much the cost, as the fact that you will lose unique skins completely if you change them.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

Would love some kind of wardrobe or locker thing to store all these skins in. I too am running out of bank space, and I have expanded my bank multiple times and I will soon have to use extra characters as mules.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I agree that DCUO did it perfect from the player perspective, but how does a company make money off that. Do they charge gems every time you swap skins or charge gems every time you withdraw a skin from your locker? There would be no reason for anyone to buy trans stones from the gemstore, and as a result i doubt something like that will make it ingame. At most we will get a locker space to deposit skin items into, but quantity will be limited and trans stones needed

Just like League of Legends makes money; by selling skins. With a proper system to facilitate the collecting of skins more players will want to buy them. Right now nobody is buying skins because they aren’t really collectable due to the shoehorned transmutation system. The transmutation system is doing more harm than good and it needs to go.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Yay, yet another back skin… and yet another I will delete at the moment I obtain it.

Any chance we will ever get a “lore-friendly” back item? AKA no wireframe backpacks, flapping wings, or flowers? How about a sword sheath, a shield, or gasp a cape/cloak?

Couldnt agree more! I would love to see some serious back item skins, perhaps some class-based back item skins, anything that would look logical warrior or thief. Even guild banners are lacking in functionality and looks.
Rox’s Quiver, and book back item skins are about only things i would consider putting on any of my chars, and it would be really great if we could have bigger variety of normal looking backpieces.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WilliamDaBloody.2591

WilliamDaBloody.2591

Yeah, again the cheap way out as they are easy to do for the character models. I hope you guys at Anet are in the background designing a lot of new armors. We get bored of back skin and wepons constructed ouf of parts of other weapons and recolored.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Great! Another back piece for my Engie that no one will ever see.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Yay, yet another back skin… and yet another I will delete at the moment I obtain it.

Any chance we will ever get a “lore-friendly” back item? AKA no wireframe backpacks, flapping wings, or flowers? How about a sword sheath, a shield, or gasp a cape/cloak?

None of the backpieces we’ve seen so far have been outside the possibilities of the game’s lore, however loosely tied in they may be (SAB). I believe you meant “realistic,” rather than “lore-friendly”, but you are talking about realism from a medieval Earth point of view, whereas when discussing a fantasy MMO, realism is entirely a matter of point of view.

For example, my Sylvari thinks an eternally-blooming flower growing out of her right shoulder is perfectly realistic. She is a sentient plant, after all.

I like your suggestions, but perhaps you can offer them in a way that doesn’t put down what other people enjoy in the process.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I wonder if backpieces could also be created that show up other than on the back, i.e. cigars, pipes, auras, tail adornment for chars, etc?

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Agreed especially since we now have the account-wide achievement skin withdraw tab. We can easily get something like that but in our bank.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

Another skin that, as a P/S Engi, I’ll almost never see. =/

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: LieutenantDan.5149

LieutenantDan.5149

Are the quivers not doin’ it for you? What about the Holographic wings (Asura technology) or the Fractal Capacitors (again, Asura technology)

Dragonbrand – Warsworn [WAR]
Whitney Lionheart (Guardian)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

we should get unlimited backpack space or at least get as many backpack expander as we want. with so many updates coming out and more things going up on the gem store that people buy, it’s quite silly (putting it nicely) that there’s a limit.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

capes. ’nuff said.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: AerosAtar.3198

AerosAtar.3198

So when can we get our item skin storage wardrobe? Because as much as I love earning meta achievements to have the reward either sit and collect dust in my bank unused or haphazardly thrown on a character just to free up some space, I’d rather have a good solution to item skin storage.

Any word on when this will be implemented?

So basically something similar to the PVP locker?

Guild Leader, Flameborn Nexus [FN].
Proud member of the Ring of Fire community (http://rof-community.enjin.com/).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

I wonder if backpieces could also be created that show up other than on the back, i.e. cigars, pipes, auras, tail adornment for chars, etc?

That is actually really good idea. Try making thread in suggestions. They do seem to strugle with dishing out original ideas for backpieces, and wings spam only reinforce my suspicions.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Even when we get this PVE locker for back skins all of mine will be locked in the sPVP locker. Simply could not wait any longer on this. So when and IF it ever gets released then I guess I am kittened. lol

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bweaty.9187

Bweaty.9187

Sooooo want locker/wardrobe. There was also talk of having Spec change’s coming out, they said only 2, and only PvP to start with. But they would change Traits & Gear.

I’d realllllllly love to see this, but also PvE, and more than 2! This was the 1 thing I really loved Rift for.

While were at it, mini-pets… While I don’t care for PokiMon battles, them not de-spawning & not taking bag space. Yes plz!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I know they have said they want to implement a wardrobe type thing. I hope it is sooner rather than later and is one that can collect every look in the game. I would spend a lot of time collecting it all as I love both collecting and changing the looks of my characters frequently.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

That will never happen. They just added a gem store item to untransmute. They have no intention of giving you easy access to skins you’ve earned once. Not when they can charge you to transmute and untransmute, and sell gold to you so you can acquire new versions.

If they ever cared about access to skins, cultural armour and weapons would be a skin item (the tech existed in the form of HoM skins) instead of rares which everyone is going to transmute right away.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

At the very least they should be putting these meta achievement skins in the same thing as the AP skins (zenith/radiant/inferno). That way we don’t need to use a bank slot for the thing, and we can get them anytime we need to. Really disappointing that we only get one of each of these for doing the meta achievements.

Soooooo much this!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Yes it would be nice to at least have the meta achievement skins in some sort of locker like the achievement skin currently are. (not really a locker but re-useable)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Btw, gemstore purchases don’t go to anet, but ncsoft.

Just saying, you’re throwing money at something you might not support (ie wildstars)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Yeah DCUO handled this really well. The funny thing is they already have the system in play, it’s just exclusive to pvp. Well sorta, you can only store 1 of that skin its not something like the hellfire or radiant skins that you can make whenever you want.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

They really should start to make it so all skins you unlock with achievements…are aquireable in the achievement frame. They made this, what I think, is a very cool achievement panel, where you can get the zenith skins, etc. Why haven’t they extended this to ALL achievement items? (yes! Even mini’s, so that way you could have one out on every character). Instead, they give you ONE of them, and then, since they’re obsessed with back items, they give you a BUNCH of that type.

Anet, use the achievement panel you guys were so proud of and showed off. It’d be pretty sad if you wasted all that development just for the achievement chests…

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

The thing is if they did something similar to DCUO and made a collection of skins, it would add a TON of replay value since getting every skin would be a worthwhile goal. They could still require transmutation crystals every time you wanted to change something, if they’re concerned with their profits.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Another back skin…

Adds it to the backpiece mountain…yawn…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Flippetized.2657

Flippetized.2657

I thought the title was written sarcastically… I propose a new kind of back skin that we can customize in some way – at the cost of a few gems per customization..

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

This would be horrible as we would need transmutation crystals to actually use them with the stats we want.

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mia Lunarfang.5826

Mia Lunarfang.5826

This would be horrible as we would need transmutation crystals to actually use them with the stats we want.

that and the development staff would be even less willing to release a special event bank for items with stats. The ability to infinity place great stat items on all of our characters would kill the trading post as well as all PvE mechanics that players are forced to run through to earn cash.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Meh, chest like ascended items. Problem solved. I have more problems finding a backpiece than any other item in the game.