a message to Anet's Art team

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiro Tegachii.5619

Shiro Tegachii.5619

https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/wallpapers/bafaa9-17_TR-1280x1024.jpg
this is 1 of the most coolest painting/drawings i have ever seen…simply genius

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Wow, true that. Let’s face it: Arenanet has a talent in finding talents. Art-wise this company was always beyond bliss, one of its best.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

Loved the artwork too when I saw it, and I still do, it’s amazing as is all the other art for GW, but the fact that Teq doesn’t really look like that bugs me a bit. Felt the same for stuff like the Kessex Hills/Fields of Ruin artworks and stuff.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: byjiang.1260

byjiang.1260

Wow, true that. Let’s face it: Arenanet has a talent in finding talents. Art-wise this company was always beyond bliss, one of its best.

amen.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Yeah, Anet always get 9+/10 for artwork/graphics in my book…no complaints there…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Yep, big fan of the concept stuff – and this is one of my favourites to date. Whilst I’d like to see a better correlation between these images and the in game art, there’s no doubt the in game art is also spectacular.

Good job guys!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

Hi, my name is Teqzilla! Good art, but the artistic licence leaves something to be desired.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServerâ„¢, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Allosauridae head? :P
Nice work though. I do wish however, as has been repeated on the forums, that they incorporate more of Kekai Kotaku’s art.
Can we haz this Bubbles champ nao!?

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Laundry.5120

Laundry.5120

That’s looks like either…Tom Scholes http://crayonboxofdoom.blogspot.com/
or Jamie Jones, though I don’t think Jones nor Kekai Kotaki work directly for Arenanet anymore.

Lavanderie – 80 Mesmer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

Electrique – 80 Engineer/Gaiscioch/Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Kekai Kotaki definitely doesn’t. They named the legendary spear after him, because it was the last weapon he designed, I believe.

Not sure about Jamie Jones.

I agree, though. It’s currently my wallpaper.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

It almost makes me want a Golem Jaeger.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

Honestly, it’s very well done, but I have an issue with it. It looks nothing like Tequatl. It’s a giant T-Rex.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I think it’s very good, but a picture of a dinosaur……bleh

EDIT: Misread.

(edited by Kaizer.7135)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

That’s looks like either…Tom Scholes http://crayonboxofdoom.blogspot.com/
or Jamie Jones, though I don’t think Jones nor Kekai Kotaki work directly for Arenanet anymore.

Nor does Tom Scholes. Kotaki and Jones are working at Bungie on a game called Destiny.

This is Jia Ruan. Relatively new to Anet.

cghub
http://ruanjiajia.cghub.com/

personal art site
http://www.ruanjia.com/

Interview from before working at Anet
http://cgcookie.com/concept/2012/11/15/interview-ruan-jia/

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Yeah the first thing I noticed was the awesome wallpaper image. very impressed

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Allosauridae head? :P
Nice work though. I do wish however, as has been repeated on the forums, that they incorporate more of Kekai Kotaku’s art.
Can we haz this Bubbles champ nao!?

That link has some of the best GW2 art I’ve ever seen.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

That image is the first image since the wallpapers that were made available before launch that I wanted to set as my desktop.

I was very, very disappointed to see that there wasn’t a 1600×900 version made available.
Seriously. Where are the high resolution widescreen wallpapers Anet? 16:9 is a very common resolution considering most computers have been sold with widescreen monitors for the last decade.

Shame. It’d look nice too. Could crop it myself, but then every time I look at it all I would think of is how disappointing it is to not have it as a supplied option in the first place.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

This for sure, very good artists there. I wish they were able to convert it into the game.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

I was blown away when I saw that concept art, the whole look of Tequatl and the scale of the picture with the people rearing back in fear, it’s awesome.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mt Terror.3284

Mt Terror.3284

That image is the first image since the wallpapers that were made available before launch that I wanted to set as my desktop.

I was very, very disappointed to see that there wasn’t a 1600×900 version made available.
Seriously. Where are the high resolution widescreen wallpapers Anet? 16:9 is a very common resolution considering most computers have been sold with widescreen monitors for the last decade.

Shame. It’d look nice too. Could crop it myself, but then every time I look at it all I would think of is how disappointing it is to not have it as a supplied option in the first place.

Try to use that 1920×1080 wallpaper, it is 16:9 even in higher resolution.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Try to use that 1920×1080 wallpaper, it is 16:9 even in higher resolution.

After seeing your post I was trying to figure out why I only saw a few choices for resolutions on the wallpaper section and not this 1920×1080 that you referred to.

I’ve now worked out the cause for my seeing so few resolution options. Due to the sizes being displayed as an overlay to the image of the wallpaper, this “design” was apparently conflicting with an extension in my browser and was causing only 6 of the available sizes to be listed. So to me I was only seeing 800×600, 1024×768, 1280×960, 1280×1024, 1600×1200, and 1280×720.

Thank you for mentioning that there was a high resolution available. I should have known something was wrong, but with even the search function still being busted, you never know. Their overlay mouse hover pop-up isn’t the best way for resolutions to be offered and I’m a bit surprised that they programmed the resolutions to get displayed like that instead of being listed underneath the image. Oh well.

Thanks again Mt Terror.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |