welcome to the unviable damage club zerkers

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Closer.2560

Closer.2560

Condition damage would like to extend a warm welcome to all berzerkers, you are a most welcome part of the “honourable order of unviable damage”. We hope you will make yourself at home and enjoy all future meetings at all major world boss events.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Condition damage would like to extend a warm welcome to all berzerkers, you are a most welcome part of the “honourable order of unviable damage”. We hope you will make yourself at home and enjoy all future meetings at all major world boss events.

In our defense, the only thing we lack is survivability (Zerk gear’s major stat is Power), so if we play our cards right, we can still damage Tequatl without dying.
If that fails, defending the turrets is always an option.

Condition damage is inherently flawed when it comes to large groups of people.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

In our defense, the only thing we lack is survivability (Zerk gear’s major stat is Power), so if we play our cards right, we can still damage Tequatl without dying.

Condition damage is inherently flawed when it comes to large groups of people.

sadly condi damage will be the last guy picked for the team, zerker would be the, “well i rather have this than the condi guy”.

even that prec-is a wasted stat as crit damage, still pure power (wich is also the main trait of zerker) will be very favourable, the only problem is the squishiness of the gear, but no one runs full zerker (unless a masochist, like me or really pro at dodging, not my case).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

Zerker is still viable, just don’t get hit too much.

I think a nice solution would be to convert cond dmg/crit dmg/precision into additional power against world bosses, that would make all of those stats useful again.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

Well condition damage is capped at 25 stacks and that amount is reached quickly with a handful of condition specced players, so you are better off switching to power. Not to mention that fingers are inmune to conditions.
Condition builds have been neglected for long, and Tequatl it’s not an exception.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tequatl/Please-stop-neglecting-conditions-in-PvE

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

I believe the OP means “The unviable survival club”. Because with power as main stat, zerkers does as much dmg as soldier’s gear. Or more if the soldier’s wearer is using a tanky build.
I do admit with all the lag, dodging is quite diffecult for me during Tequatl. Zerkers are best used as turrets defenders.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mor The Thief.9135

Mor The Thief.9135

actually zerker’s always have spots at turrets defense cuz they kill mobs faster

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Oxxy.7068

Oxxy.7068

Then don’t wait doing nothing, i do my world bosses in between dungeons runs or pvp games, aside from Orr stuff that i do right after the reset.

Luminifera ~ Guardian – Trisha Blackhands ~ Thief – Hua Yue ~ Elementalist.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Maybe stats just need to go the way of the dodo. We certainly didn’t need them in Guild Wars where everything scaled based on attribute points.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ivonbeton.6814

Ivonbeton.6814

Hey guys! Join us on the Thief forums!!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Soja.5918

Soja.5918

Zerkers can go to turret defense. If they don’t want to, rebuild. Don’t want the expense? Your call but don’t blame others for your decisions. Leave the frontlines to the ones that can take a hit.

The Crystal Desert beckons us. Ascension awaits us.

Keirlann Aurion – Ranger – Chieftain of the Ace Guard [AceG]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hanibull.5124

Hanibull.5124

Zerkers can go to turret defense. If they don’t want to, rebuild. Don’t want the expense? Your call but don’t blame others for your decisions. Leave the frontlines to the ones that can take a hit.

So you justify this ridiculous design by saying that all the zerkers and condition classes need to go play at the back of the bus? You confident you have enough dps with (let’s just say) 30% of the players all defending turrets?

How bout we just force Anet to get their act together instead?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

So you justify this ridiculous design by saying that all the zerkers and condition classes need to go play at the back of the bus? You confident you have enough dps with (let’s just say) 30% of the players all defending turrets?

No, they justify it by pointing to the gear treadmill and telling you to get on it or get the kitten out. You know, the gear treadmill which wasn’t even supposed to exist in the first place but was shoehorned in since they got hubris and decided they could compete with you know what after all.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I run Knights on my warrior. First time I have ever known to be favoured over ’zerkers

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Get a second set of gear…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

It hurts.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I wore my zerker armor at a Tequatl kill. :P But I was defending the turrets. :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

As a warrior, if I am defending turrets I go full zerk, zerk still kicks kitten doing that. If I intended to zerg Teq I go PVT with 30 in strength and tactics.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

You actually get more damage from pvt builds because several professions can convert vitality or toughness to power. Also there are potions that do the same.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

A good zerker should be able to pull of a Teq without dying, assuming that they bring along some condition removal. However, they would need to avoid every single wave.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

People should have more than one armor set for their main profession (minimum exotic). Like temple soldier gear for all the world bosses. Not that hard.

The design isn’t bad since it forces people to maximize their role. If you are zerk then killing mobs on turrets is good since you can kill them fast. However, front line dps isn’t your thing due to you being squishy. As for condition damage it is just unfortunate fact that conditions get capped. Although they can be good for mass condi aoes on big group of mobs.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

Different setups have different roles. Crit builds pair nicely with condition builds, for example, on turret defense. I have no problem with that. I contribute my part (and it’s important), and qualify for the rewards as well.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

This. It’s a good use of all those AC token. Full set of soldier armor. Cost 0

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I run Knights on my warrior. First time I have ever known to be favoured over ’zerkers

I run Knights on my Guardian with runes to help with getting downed up – first time I’ve seen the build that suits my play style deemed ‘useful’.

’Zerker is favored in everything, can you guys just deal with not being the stars for once?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Yeah pretty much… except it’s a lot more than 30%, hence why it fails so often.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

The thing about zerk players is that most of them didn’t choose zerk stats because they like it, but because it is THE most efficient way of doing pve content atm. So when, say at Teq, zerk becomes unviable they change it. I switch to my wvw pvt set for this fight, even though I’m zerk elitist whole other time.

It was never about one set of stats, this whole zerk stuff was about getting the best gear for the tasks we have. It’s only logical to switch your gear when the situation demands it. That’s what all those stubborn tanky healing rangers can’t understand and insist on playing one and only build\gear set in every game situation.

EU Aurora Glade

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

The thing about zerk players is that most of them didn’t choose zerk stats because they like it, but because it is THE most efficient way of doing pve content atm. So when, say at Teq, zerk becomes unviable they change it. I switch to my wvw pvt set for this fight, even though I’m zerk elitist whole other time.

It was never about one set of stats, this whole zerk stuff was about getting the best gear for the tasks we have. It’s only logical to switch your gear when the situation demands it. That’s what all those stubborn tanky healing rangers can’t understand and insist on playing one and only build\gear set in every game situation.

Apparently a lot of other people do n’t see this logic you are talking about.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

You actually get more damage from pvt builds because several professions can convert vitality or toughness to power. Also there are potions that do the same.

That’s true, but it doesn’t invalidate my point.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Yeah conditions in pve like world boss and stuff like that is pointless, the max stack of 25 of many many conditions is stupid, imo.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

This. It’s a good use of all those AC token. Full set of soldier armor. Cost 0

You don’t even need to do AC runs for most of the armor. You can get almost a full set by buying the PVT armor from the temple karma venders in Orr. The only part they don’t have is the leggings, which still seems a bit weird IMO.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

1. you chose to be squishy as hell

2. you are still viable and good in defense of turrets

3. Tough S

All types of builds are viable for this fight and will be for others. Honestly, being in the zerg AT teq, is very stressful (in comparison to defending). Point is you made the choice to be zerk and that means you cant not take wave damage. Thus you defend the turrets. Viable but you can’t be at teq stack.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Closer.2560

Closer.2560

what makes you think I’m a zerker build?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sparrowsong.4238

Sparrowsong.4238

I have zerk gear and I don’t have a survival problem. Geez how hard is it to dodge through waves or jump over…side step red circles or go around poison. The ONLY time I had trouble staying alive is when they had us all stand in one spot and thought the cannons would save us? YA right no thanks I do better fast on my feet any day.