10 minute instance and Zerging

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Going to keep this short. Logged on after a week of not being on. Found the instance alright. I landed into a Zerg after I left the instance. Decided I’ll leave the grind to when I can be bothered. Joined up with a few guildies where we started to do the achievements for about 10 minutes. We had 3 people leave because “Its not really fun”. Being kind of a hunter for achievements I realized, they were right and I left. Wont be logging on for anything but guild events.

This is the exact same thing as Halloween. Its a small instance that takes 5-10 mins and Dynamic events with commanders who lead 50-100 people. Just got so bored in the 20 minutes I played. It’s a game and I’m supposed to have fun…I just didn’t. I hope the rest of you are.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

Yeah I stopped too. I never enjoyed being yanked around and pushed by krait before. The amount of content is minimal here, and I was expecting it to be the bigger half of the Halloween updates.
It’ll only lengthen out because I can’t be bothered to do it for long before feeling like doing anything else.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I’m very disappointed as well, there’s literally nothing to do in this update.
Achievements can’t be the selling point in an update, they’re just bonus things to do, instead we should be working toward new skins and stuff.

What do we have right now? There’s this tower, it’s kittening huge and very impressive, why don’t we get to climb it? I mean, we could climb all the other krait structures so far so why are we mindlessly zerging around the main thing of this update?

I understand you have to add some new gem shop skins with every patch to keep the game running but why don’t you give us some recolors or particle-less versions of these skins to actually earn through playing your new update?

Gem store items are not content, they aren’t GAME content, there’s no game involved when you just have to open your wallet or grind the same boring dungeons we’ve been grinding for more than a year now, THIS ISN’T GAME CONTENT.

I REALLY hope we get something more out of this than just zerging around the tower, and I’m not talking about rewards, but actual game content.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Why everybody wants to jump on top of the tower? I don’t get the point of jumping puzzles. It’s the same thing and gets boring very fast.

Group instance would be nice and make it permanent not just for 2 weeks, rewards could be token for the new weapon skins (including the one from the solo instance) or have em even drop in there.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Thing that would be worth playing is expansions. New maps, new game types like polymock, new skills, new dungeons, events with minigames that can actually be competitive like in gw1, better looking skins, new races, new professions, etcetc.
And that’s only for the pve part.
Instead what anet did for the past year:
Add stupid story events every month that’s only got 30mins max of fun and the rest of the month its farming in blobs of 50+ man. I miss the old gw1 team

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Thing that would be worth playing is expansions. New maps, new game types like polymock, new skills, new dungeons, events with minigames that can actually be competitive like in gw1, better looking skins, new races, new professions, etcetc.
Add stupid story events every month that’s only got 30mins max of fun and the rest of the month its farming in blobs of 50+ man. I miss the old gw1 team

You and me both

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

Why everybody wants to jump on top of the tower? I don’t get the point of jumping puzzles. It’s the same thing and gets boring very fast.

I don’t care what it is, my point is, we have this huge-kitten tower in the middle of Kessex Hills and we’re just running around 4 points on the map, like if it wasn’t even there.
I hope this won’t be like the Flame and Frost fiasco, doing pointless events we’ve already seen hundreds of times and wait weeks/months to actually get something interesting to play before it disappears later.

Two weeks feel very long when you have nothing to do, it’s more than enough for people to quit out of boredom.

(edited by Krag.6210)

in Tower of Nightmares

Stormcrow.7513

Too late for some already.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

I don’t care what it is, my point is, we have this huge-kitten tower in the middle of Kessex Hills and we’re just running around 4 points on the map, like if it wasn’t even there.
I hope this won’t be like the Flame and Frost fiasco, doing pointless events we’ve already seen hundreds of times and wait weeks/months to actually get something interesting to play before it disappears later.

Two weeks feel very long when you have nothing to do, it’s more than enough for people to quit out of boredom.

Especially with games such as BF4 (yes im sure there are people playing shooters also playing this game) coming out around this time. They better hurry and make it something interesting else you wont be seeing me play as often as I do now.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Time Muffin.6047

Time Muffin.6047

You’re forgetting about the obnoxious obelisk scavenger hunt!

Seriously, “wait till dulfy puts up a guide” is a horrible gameplay mechanic.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

+1 to dulfy comment. Remember how last year’s Halloween actually had a scavenger hunt and clues and stuff?

For myself, I actually don’t mind achievements, but there should be something to them. Not “do this mind numbingly easy thing 25 times.” The cooler achievements like “beat this boss without being hit” or even “vomit on the Bloody Prince” at least give you a somewhat interesting objective to do.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

i’m hating these huge zergs day by day. i log in to do something and have fun but instead stress out trying to catch up to whatever i’m supposed to kill before the kitten zerg kills it. most of the time, i get in like one hit and not even get the event done or whatever. load screens while waypointing also ruin the whole thing too, so yea i’m with you on the zergs. i get bored faster tho. 5 minutes into it and i’m out.

Embrace the darkness..

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

If you don’t like zergs there are 4 other maps other than Kessex where these events take place. The new content looks great. But with no use of the games combat mechanics it gets boring really fast.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

I guess I’m not the only one who is getting bored. I came home today and I would usually log in but I’m sad that I don’t have anything new to do.

If you don’t like zergs there are 4 other maps other than Kessex where these events take place. The new content looks great. But with no use of the games combat mechanics it gets boring really fast.

Its just the same formula as the last few months. What I mean by that is the same formula. It is in the title of this thread. We got a short instance with the bloody prince —> We got a short instance with ToN. Content for Halloween was Dynamic Events with health sponges —> Content with ToN is Dynamic Events with health sponges. It might be great for those who need the gold or like to farm, but people who play the game for fun get over it fast. Is it that hard to throw in a new Jumping puzzle for some, a mini dungeon for others?

• Correct me if I’m wrong but I think it would be wiser to have a little bit of Zerging, Instance(Story), Dungeon, Jumping Puzzle and mini games. ****

^think that should be the formula for the upcoming patches. Little bit of a carrot for everyone.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kerushi.7609

Kerushi.7609

There are problems with expansions though. Guild Wars 1 you had a party instance for every map. GW2 that is not the case. If they add an expansion, then that will spread out the population. Everyone will flock to the expansion map and new players will not be able to do the starting maps.

This wasn’t a HUGE problem in GW1 because you had meatshields, er…henchmen and later on heros. But since each map in GW2 is an instance and you sometimes need a lot of people to complete an event it is a much bigger problem having everyone flock to say…Cantha or Elona. New players would find the current content very difficult.

That being said I hope that they do some day provide an expansion, but right now they could provide a new map. I wouldn’t mind them doing it through the living world either, just slowly expanding outwards.

~Shirin Shi (Silvari Necro)
TFG Os Northern Shiverpeaks

in Tower of Nightmares

Stormcrow.7513

How is that different than now. People just do the metas when the timer on the API says so and then, poof, your in overflow

Stagnation via repetition of content can hurt even a MMO.

The expansions of GW1 provided MUCH more than any LS could ever give.
I believe that LS will not hold people’s attention that much longer if the current Anet Meta remains the same.

Good thing there are a ton of new games coming out!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Yeah 4 other maps that are empty on my server, except for Queensboro that also has a champ train. They don’t do the events, just the champ train, so the map is effectively empty as far as trying to complete the events is concerned.

Heck our Kessex map is empty as well. If you aren’t part of the champ farm zerg there is nothing to do but solo grind on my server.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

You’re forgetting about the obnoxious obelisk scavenger hunt!

Seriously, “wait till dulfy puts up a guide” is a horrible gameplay mechanic.

C’mon, that’s not really true. Sure you can use Dulfy to get it , or you can just go to the map spots that have krait populations and find them yourself. This was actually kinda interesting to me. Look around at a map, try to remember where the krait were and go find the obelisk.

Well, it was interesting to me until I started doing the same with alternates and realized they didn’t have the transcriber in the inventory and that it wouldn’t count toward my total, then I quit.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace