23/24 obelisks

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

checked all 24 locations twice, some of them 3 times…all say that i already checked them yet i didn’t get archivement…

after i got first obelisk i did talk to the NPC so it might be the reason…

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Cynz.9437

anyone know how to fix it maybe?

All is Vain~

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Redrenna.7216

Redrenna.7216

i was also stuck on 23/24 but it turnd out i was missing the one in Treacherous Dephts(mount maelstrom).that might be the one you are missing.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Cynz.9437

i was also stuck on 23/24 but it turnd out i was missing the one in Treacherous Dephts(mount maelstrom).that might be the one you are missing.

as stated before i visited all obelisks few times just to make sure…. all of them say i already checked them…

All is Vain~

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Same. I wish they would at least put the location in the achievements (even if it is vague). Really cannot be bothered to jump the those krait towers for the 3rd time..

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Paoernator.4910

Paoernator.4910

Same problem with me, I just checked all the locations a second time using Dulfy’s maps. Still can’t find the ones I’m missing (I’m stuck at 22/24). Keeps telling me I’ve already collected them. On a side note I tried using an alt to collect the last 2 but it seems to be account-wide

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

^ Same problem here. I’ve visited 5 obelisks before that 2nd patch, then I went and followed that guide to each one, numerically. Then I still ended up with 23/24. I know for a fact that I visited each one, so its pointless to try and backtrack.

It seems to be the same or similar problem to when people were doing those balloon towers back during the Queens Jubilee events (2 towers per map/15 maps/30 towers).

A list of locations visited/not visited would be a real help with these.

/Went to double check the first 5 I had prior to the patch, Kessex Hills (4) + Timberline Falls (top obelisk) — still stuck at 23/24.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

(edited by mXz.4512)

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

I ended up with 23/24 too and had to go back through them all, and eventually found that the one in Sparkfly at Oceans gullet didn’t count the first time I visited it. I know that I got it the first time around. After getting it again, the counter finally gave me the 24/24.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: FrankGrimey.7032

FrankGrimey.7032

Bump. Same issue here. There may be a correlation with switching characters. I got the very first node in Caldeon Forest (south one) on a new 80 and when I realized I’d have to run all over, I switched to a character with map completion. Went to ALL 24 nodes a second and third time and all told me I got them already. Stuck at 23/24.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: GlassRabbit.9684

GlassRabbit.9684

Same here. I know I definitely went to every obelisk but still not getting the achievement :/

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: jackie.8324

jackie.8324

really same as u guys. 23/24. hate that bug.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Cynz.9437

help please srsly don’t want to visit all locations to 4th time

2 things happend while looking for obelisks:
- after 1st. obelisk i went to talk to NPC
- somewhere around 16 obelisks the game got hotfix so it kicked me out of the game for patch however after patch i checked all obelisks again but still stuck at 23/24

All is Vain~

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Same problem here. I’ve visited 5 obelisks before that 2nd patch, then I went and followed that guide to each one, numerically. Then I still ended up with 23/24. I know for a fact that I visited each one, so its pointless to try and backtrack.

Same here, did 5 before the patch. After doing it the 3rd time with double (!) checklist I’m giving up on this.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

The question was answered above, Dulfy forgot one circle on her Maelstrom map.

There is a screenshot on the right side of it which shows the location, from th perspective of the shard.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

mXz.4512

There is a screenshot on the right side of it which shows the location, from th perspective of the shard.

Even though it was the one forgotten, I managed to find out and get it in the process with the rest of the obelisks, yet still finished with only 23/24.

Only things I can think that happened was one of the first 5 I had prior to the patch bugged out and was no longer counted, yet I revisited all 5 again, and unable to transcribe a 2nd time.

It’s hard to believe that one of the remaining 19 bugged out somehow.

I’m sure that’s the point, you have not explored, in Gendarran Fields.

I remember getting all 4 from there too. I made sure to look at each map before or during each search. All the maps are pretty fresh in my mind from last night.

(edited by mXz.4512)

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zoxea.9564

Zoxea.9564

Attachments:

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Syphon Crovax.5481

Syphon Crovax.5481

I think I have the same issue, did all 24 of them, but my quest counter is at 23/24. I went over them twice. One of the shards was done on an alt.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

GlassRabbit.9684

The question is not answered. I know I got that one and am still stuck at 23/24.

Nope, definitely got that one as well. I counted as I went. I went to all 24 but only 23 have counted towards the achievement.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Moose.2356

Moose.2356

rumor has it if you get interrupted while transcribing it bugs

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Vaupell.8542

Vaupell.8542

Had same problem until i found the one i was missing, Mt. maelstrom underwater a bit north from the krait tower.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Didn’t use the Dulfy guide (only) for my checklist, i did my own “number – area – visited -check!” checklist. And it reaches from 1 – 24.^^

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

I wrote every obelisk down when I got there and I am stuck at 22/24. Went to everyone of them again and they all tell me I can’t commune with them so this is a bug. FIX IT PLEASE Anet

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I just kind of laugh at how quickly you’ll jump to it being a ‘bug’ instead of you just clearly missing it.

The Maelstorm one is the one you missed.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

mXz.4512

I just kind of laugh at how quickly you’ll jump to it being a ‘bug’ instead of you just clearly missing it.

The Maelstorm one is the one you missed.

I wish I had only missed it, but I didn’t. Got all obelisks in the order as listed and ended up finding the one missed at Mt. Maelstrom before continuing and getting to 23/24.

Solutions are needed more than assumptions.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: mjasa.5821

mjasa.5821

Got that one too so don’t say I didn’t go to every place

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

Same problem am at 23 of 24 checking them off as i went – swam up to the last one needed (while following guide, totally new location) reached the last one cleared it and on access – got message that it had been done. Was the last one needed and had 100% not done it before as was all done in one sitting following guide. Same as earlier poster – switched char when realised mapcompletion was an issue.
Have tried alts etc and mapped all of them twice but no dice.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

It’s not a bug. The system is working as intended. What a lot of people don’t tend to realize is that capping obelisks functions in the same way as capping skill points does. If a mob strikes you in the process capping is interrupted. Word of advice kill all mobs before capping and double check once you have capped. Your only able to cap an obelisk once, so it’s not to much trouble to double check.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: MatthewMedina

MatthewMedina

Content Designer

Next

Just so you know, I’m keeping my eye on this thread. Internally, we’ve been completely unable to reproduce this issue. Having said that, it can be difficult, if not impossible, to account for all the variables with a Live game. Things to check would be whether you accidentally deleted the transcriber, or if you’re trying to complete the achievement on a character that doesn’t have the transcriber in their inventory? Just because we aren’t seeing it in our own testing, doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

I can’t claim infallibility here, so I’m taking claims about this being a bug with a very open mind. If you all think of anything else, even small details about what you may have done or seen when transcribing, please post it here. Thanks!

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

If you took damage during the channeling, it didn’t cancel it out, but also didn’t give credit. I know it did this for one of them early on for me, so you may want to attempt multiple attempts on all of them to be on the safe side. Also, when doing achievements with this sort of criteria, make sure you monitor the progress to prevent these measures from occurring.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

As stated above – for me the exact procedure was –
Guardian capped all in kessex, mapped to gendarren, fight on first obelisk was difficult so decided “hey, my ranger has map completion and a pet, that’ll be easier” switched to my ranger, mapped to gendarren (exact same waypoint – was following a guide step by step) cleared obelisk and realised “crap, no transcriber” mapped to keesex, got transcriber. Mapped back to gendarren (same waypoint) continued following guide step by step. On the last obelisk in maelstrom (the fourth and final by the cages) killed the foes, swam to the obelisk (guide – first time seeing it) and it told me – already done, learned all i could. I had the achieve on screen and was checking the percentage changed each capping to be sure. Switched to guardian and still showed as capped. Switched server by guesting (just in case) but still showed as having been done.
Very weird.
EDIT: One other peculiarity – the achieve is 100%, the percentage went up by 4% for each one but the final one the percentage shows 95%

(edited by Talissa Chan.7208)

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: keadlaw.6350

keadlaw.6350

Could it has anything to do with the new build that came out a cpl hours after the new living story went live?

For example I collected a transcribe before the new build and its telling me Ive learned all I can but maybe didn’t count towards the achievement.

Ive been to every node now 2 times all 24 cleared all krait before transcribing still at 23/24.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Just so you know, I’m keeping my eye on this thread. Internally, we’ve been completely unable to reproduce this issue. Having said that, it can be difficult, if not impossible, to account for all the variables with a Live game. Things to check would be whether you accidentally deleted the transcriber, or if you’re trying to complete the achievement on a character that doesn’t have the transcriber in their inventory? Just because we aren’t seeing it in our own testing, doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

I can’t claim infallibility here, so I’m taking claims about this being a bug with a very open mind. If you all think of anything else, even small details about what you may have done or seen when transcribing, please post it here. Thanks!

Just to make sure, have those doing the internal testing for reproduction also attempted to reproduce it via the reported commonality by those affected of being interrupted by an enemy while translating the obelisk (thus not finishing the translation), killing the enemy, and then returning to and translating the obelisk again to see if it advances the achievement properly?

edit
As well as the alternate form of that test as acidicore mentioned above me of allowing the transcription to complete after being placed in combat during the transcription, instead of canceling it and getting out of combat and then completing the transcription.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Stuck at 23/24 myself. I made certain to visit all 24 sites and transcribe all 24 shards. Some kitten nicely dragged an enemy into me while I was transcribing one and I’m pretty sure that’s the one that didn’t count.

I don’t have time tonight to revisit every site all over again but I will just to prove I have transcribed them all and the achieve is glitched.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

I am also at 23/24. I used Dulfy’s updated guide to make sure I am hitting all 24 spots. I sadly didn’t check my progress until I was almost all the way through, I was at 19/24 when I should have been at 20/24. So I repeated them all again and every one gave me the message that I had already channeled.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

FOR THOSE DOING DULFY GUIDE

One of the post was confusing, I made the same mistake.

In mount malestorm there are FOUR. The way dulfy originally (she has since changed the wording) it made it sound like there were 3. So use the map and make sure you get all four.

Secondly in timberline falls, there are TWO. One at the TOP and one at the BOTTOM of the krait structure.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

one of my friends got this 23/24 bug. He has double checked 3 times with different guides.

The thing that seems common with ppl who has the bug is that they did a few obelisk before one of the hotfixes and then after that.

So my guess is if the hotfix got in between while you were doing it, your progress might get broken.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Crell.6401

Crell.6401

Could it has anything to do with the new build that came out a cpl hours after the new living story went live?

For example I collected a transcribe before the new build and its telling me Ive learned all I can but maybe didn’t count towards the achievement.

Ive been to every node now 2 times all 24 cleared all krait before transcribing still at 23/24.

This is also happening to me, I suspect its because I had some transcribes prior to the 2nd build not get credited properly. I did the entire thing TWICE a single character, am not getting credit for any ‘new nodes’ and have NOT deleted the transcriber.

Wishing I could get credit and get my meta finished

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Aerlen.5326

one of my friends got this 23/24 bug. He has double checked 3 times with different guides.

The thing that seems common with ppl who has the bug is that they did a few obelisk before one of the hotfixes and then after that.

So my guess is if the hotfix got in between while you were doing it, your progress might get broken.

Not for me, I didn’t start until after the last update and did it in one sitting.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

GlassRabbit.9684

Not for me, I didn’t start until after the last update and did it in one sitting.

Same here. I did it all at once, sometime after 7:00pm EST

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

FOR THOSE DOING DULFY GUIDE

One of the post was confusing, I made the same mistake.

In mount malestorm there are FOUR. The way dulfy originally (she has since changed the wording) it made it sound like there were 3. So use the map and make sure you get all four.

Secondly in timberline falls, there are TWO. One at the TOP and one at the BOTTOM of the krait structure.

The guide is pretty clear now, it shows how many there are in each zone.

I would fall in this category. I did a few shortly after the build went live and the rest today. All are now inactive for me so I can’t go back to re-do them.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

I completed them all fine.

Remember to track the achievement and watch to see if it progresses when you use the obelisk.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

also stuck on 23/24. just to be sure i went back through all towers and checked them a second time but wasn’t able to channel again on any

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Cynz.9437

logged in game today, had all 24…..

All is Vain~

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Aerlen.5326

Game just let me re-do the one I was interrupted on so I do have 24/24 now.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kerushi.7609

Kerushi.7609

24/24. I didn’t have a problem with it. Not saying there isn’t a bug, just that if there is it isn’t impacting everyone.

~Shirin Shi (Silvari Necro)
TFG Os Northern Shiverpeaks

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

Internally, we’ve been completely unable to reproduce this issue.

But how do you track internally which ones were successful i.e. do you have a few lines of code that tests if it can be transcribed again (meaning the 1st try was unsuccessful) and if so does each ‘node’ have a unique variable (I’m assuming so because the achieve couldn’t be complete without all). If so, you could easily add it to the gui without giving away the locations (unless successful). Would be easier than trying to replicate.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I just finish this today.

I had done Caledon, Kessex, Gendarran, and Mount Maelstrom prior to an update that was early today (the 30th). I had done Timberline Falls, Sparkfly Fen, and Bloodtide Coast today. That’s the order I did the zones in as well. I visited 24 total, but I’m now at 23/24.

Based on this thread and my own experience, whatever’s causing the problem, it was caused by the update, and doing some prior and some after it.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kaizz.7306

Kaizz.7306

I did all 24 Obelisks on one character. Friends told me that it appears to become bugged if you get disrupted while channeling an obelisk. It won’t count towards the title. I’m also at 23/24, I think the same thing happened a few times.

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Danse Macarbe.9027

Danse Macarbe.9027

Just got through all 24 obelisks – didn’t start this til today and after the last patch, also sitting on 23/24. Killed every vet krait and it’s side-kick and any close to the obelisk before channeling (I read there was a possible bug on dulfy). Also kept a tally of the obelisks visited – I really hate back tracking lol

Just curious – did anyone have dc issues in Bloodtide Coast? I did dc at the Castavall Waypoint area obelisk once earlier today and again just before, plus a dc at the sorrowful wp when I went back for a 2nd look in that map.

Did the entire run on 1 lvl 80 toon and yep definitely have the transcriber in inventory

Popcorn – delicious and also useful as a projectile

23/24 obelisks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Xehanort.4589

Xehanort.4589

A dev also posted here?
Seriously, if you too have used dulfy to track down the obelisks you might have missed the 4th obelisk in Mount Maelstrom because it’s not shown on the map, but rather written just below it and it’s west of the waypoint you usually use to go to Golem Mark 2.
Hope this solves your issues.
Or maybe you have gone for the next obelisk before completing the channelling, in that case you can only do them all again until you find the one you have missed.

On a side note, i also have been interrupted while channelling. In that case just kill the mob and rechannel.