25 SP for a heal skill !!!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

It’s not an elite skill !
why is it 25 skill points ?
do you even think about the new players at all ?
just because most players have 500 skill points doesn’t mean you can make the price proportionate to them !

a heal skill should be 5-10 skill points as a maximum !
if it was an elite skill I wouldn’t mind but seriously come on !

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

You can get it without using SPs at all.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

That is not being helpful in the least.

Healing Tome- : Antitoxin Spray
(this item costs 5 Gold coin + 250 Pristine Toxic Spore Samples Pristine Toxic Spore Sample; it is available from from Marjory Delaqua during Tower of Nightmares after giving her 50 of the samples)

Still too much.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Play the game, you can unlock it later, it’s not even a good skill.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Play the game, you can unlock it later, it’s not even a good skill.

Yeah but I have a feeling that the next update might require it.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tower of Nightmares

lordkrall.7241

Why would it require it?
I have yet to see a single thing in the game that is required for any content, so why would that suddenly be the case?

Toxic is not really that dangerous, so even if you can’t remove it you won’t really die from it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

The skill is entirely optional. It is not required for new or experienced players. The price is not too high.

There is no evidence yet that new players will be required to have this skill in the future. There are currently skills that cost 30 SP.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

(this item costs 5 Gold coin + 250 Pristine Toxic Spore Samples Pristine Toxic Spore Sample; it is available from from Marjory Delaqua during Tower of Nightmares after giving her 50 of the samples)

Still too much.

Depends on how you look at it. I happen to be checking this earlier and the best SP → gold conversion I am aware of is 1 SP for 4g which means the 25SP would be worth 100g. In comparison to that buying from Marjory is a very nice discount.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Still too much.

Depends on how you look at it. I happen to be checking this earlier and the best SP -> gold conversion I am aware of is 1 SP for 4g which means the 25SP would be worth 100g. In comparison to that buying from Marjory is a very nice discount.

Unless I’m mistaken, the only way to convert skillpoints to gold is through crafting weapons with eldrich scrolls/bloodstone shards. And the crafting of those weapons requires other materials as well.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Tower of Nightmares

Aerlen.5326

Why would it require it?
I have yet to see a single thing in the game that is required for any content, so why would that suddenly be the case?

Toxic is not really that dangerous, so even if you can’t remove it you won’t really die from it.

Eh, I’m an older gamer. Experience tells me that a new mechanic that seems overpriced/useless ends up being something you have to use despite being broken/not so great.

It won’t surprise me if the next content introduces situations where toxic HAS to be removed.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Still too much.

Depends on how you look at it. I happen to be checking this earlier and the best SP -> gold conversion I am aware of is 1 SP for 4g which means the 25SP would be worth 100g. In comparison to that buying from Marjory is a very nice discount.

1SP = 4g? Really?
Please enlighten me or better yet send it to me in a PM.
Thanks!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I’m glad this skill isnt throw-away cheap, if they keep adding skills that’ll eventually create another mid to longterm goal in the game. I think that’s needed.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kevlar Eater.1985

Kevlar Eater.1985

Still too much.

I, too, would like to know how to convert SP to gold. I’ve got stacks of scrolls of knowledge in my bank and my mains have a minimum of 50 skill points on their person. Or PM me on how to convert them.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Teq being the DPS check that he is requires lvl 80 full exotics…

in Tower of Nightmares

lordkrall.7241

Incorrect.
People have beaten him with about 7 minutes left, which would imply that a group with less than lvl 80 exotic would be very much able to kill him in 15.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Tower of Nightmares

Gene Archer.8560

Incorrect.
People have beaten him with about 7 minutes left, which would imply that a group with less than lvl 80 exotic would be very much able to kill him in 15.

So go beat Teq with a group in nothing but fine gear. I wanna see this.

in Tower of Nightmares

Aerlen.5326

Incorrect.

I wanna see this too. Let’s get a challenge run of only “Fine” equipped people.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Remember how you get skill points by leveling (even after hitting 80) and from scrolls which drop regularly off Champions and World Bosses?

That means 25 SP isn’t a big deal…

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Think 25SP to much just buy it with gold then,fun how people can cry about anything they add in this game..

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Incorrect.

I wanna see this too. Let’s get a challenge run of only “Fine” equipped people.

Any requirement for Tequatl other than “turn up and listen” is flat out unrealistic. Getting 80+ people to turn up for Tequatl is a huge endevour now, even the guilds that do it don’t do it 24/7 and a lot of the times that they do it they only have a single overflow.

I’m confident that in controlled conditions Tequatl can be beaten by a group of people entirely in blues. I would expect them to use specific builds tailored towards the content, all the right consumables and have skill turret operators and defenders. If everyone used the right classes, builds and consumables, I suspect an all blue group could do better than a mostly exotic group. Lots of the exotic groups are running precision and condition builds. These are organisers and leaders I’m talking about. Tequatl isn’t about the right build or the right skill level. It’s about strategy. Once you’ve got the incredibly basic strategy down, the only thing you need is enough people to follow it.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Still too much.

1 SP worth 4g? Please, please give me my 1500 gold in exchange, then!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Yeah I’d really love to hear about that skill point conversion trick myself. Pretty please!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Incorrect.

Those were people mostly clad in proper gear (dedicated guilds, remember), using most effective buffs, and heavily overusing ember spawns. In fact, most of that 7 minutes gained is due to ember spawns alone. I am pretty sure that Teq design was not calculated with those in mind.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Why would it require it?

I’m sorry, have you spent any time near the tower? I have incredibly strong regen and I still dropped in nothing flat. I hope you’re not mistaking the silly fun mechanic surrounding the offshoots as toxic, cause that’s not it. Toxic is a green condition with the poison skull on it and it will kill you.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Tower of Nightmares

lordkrall.7241

I’m sorry, have you spent any time near the tower? I have incredibly strong regen and I still dropped in nothing flat. I hope you’re not mistaking the silly fun mechanic surrounding the offshoots as toxic, cause that’s not it. Toxic is a green condition with the poison skull on it and it will kill you.

Incorrect. I just tried it. The skill does NOT remove the Suffocation Toxic that the tower itself spreads, the only way to remove it is to move away from the area.
Which is also exactly what the skill says. It removes Toxic Pollen, which is the things that are spread at the Outshoots.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Colin Johanson on July 18, 2013

“We’ll begin regularly adding new skills and traits to the game for each profession to expand your characters and builds! You will be able to earn these new traits and skills by unlocking them. To go along with this, we’ll expand the content and options to earn skill points to help encourage players to experience different challenges and content throughout the world. These skills and traits will be designed to be balanced with the existing skills/traits we currently have in the game, and will simply compliment and expand the range of abilities and tactics available to each profession. Both WvW and PvE players can acquire skills and traits, and additional means of earning skill points will be addressed for both core content areas.

The regular addition of skills and traits that you can earn as you play provides us an extremely stable, easily expandable reward system that fits neatly into the pillars of progression and advancement that Guild Wars 2 are all about. Your character will be able to grow and change for years to come without invalidating everything you’ve earned so far."

Expect more new skills with similar (or perhaps higher) costs.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

25 SP is not much, I got over one thousand (1190 to be exact) on my main and that after several legendaries and other skillpoint recipes.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

You guys always have to bring up something to complain about. This is getting boring already.

in Tower of Nightmares

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Boring? Uh, ok.

With a scream of hyperlight thrusters and brilliant flash of multicolorated lights a strange, brightly colored streamlined object materializes before your eyes.

A hatch pops open, revealing a slim, feminine shape in a brightly colored Red latex bodysuit with a stylized, plaid “S” on the chest.

FOOLS!! Scarlet screamed. For this I will make you pay!! She motioned.. and a hybrid Ram/Chicken/Rabbit/Godzilla rushed out and devoured the shocked developer who had set the price of the heal skill at 6 SP.

THIS IS MY LIVING STORY. ITS ABOUT ME, AND I AM SCARLET. RAISE THE PRICE OF THAT SKILL FAR BEYOND ANY OTHER HEAL SKILLS TO BE WORTHY OF MY STORY, OR YOU WILL ALL SUFFER.

and then, before our astonished eyes, Scotty beamed her up.

PS. its not about the price. it is about the massive jack up in price compared to existing heal skills, most of which are better.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shinky.1492

Shinky.1492

by the time these “new players” actually need the skill, they’ll be alongside those 500 SP players :x

PS. its not about the price. it is about the massive jack up in price compared to existing heal skills, most of which are better.

Not really, the amount of healing yeah, but the condition cure makes it better then most of them

(edited by Shinky.1492)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

It’s not an elite, 25sp is ridiculous.

in Tower of Nightmares

Astralporing.1957

25 SP is not much, I got over one thousand (1190 to be exact) on my main and that after several legendaries and other skillpoint recipes.

Because the price of skills available to everyone should be based on number of skillpoints that less than 0.1% of GW2 players posess, to completely keep them out of reach of any new players. Brilliant.

Actions, not words.

in Tower of Nightmares

lordkrall.7241

Because the price of skills available to everyone should be based on number of skillpoints that less than 0.1% of GW2 players posess, to completely keep them out of reach of any new players. Brilliant.

Well, since the skill is permanent I don’t really see the issue.
It is not something you NEED to have after all.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Tower of Nightmares

Gene Archer.8560

We don’t need anything in the entire game. That argument is old, tired, and bad.

Find a better one.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

We don’t need anything in the entire game. That argument is old, tired, and bad.

Find a better one.

The initial complaint is self entitled and whiney. Therefore, the only possible rebuttal is something old, tired and bad.

in Tower of Nightmares

Gene Archer.8560

The initial complaint is self entitled and whiney.

No, you simply see it that way. Though why you would be against things in this game being cheaper is beyond me. Things not costing a lot are a good thing, last I checked.

Therefore, the only possible rebuttal is something old, tired and bad.

In other words: "I don’t view the complaint as valid or worthwhile, so I won’t bother making actual good arguments, and instead will use ones that are themselves not valid or worthwhile.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

A-Net statistics show probably that many people have gather lots of skill points so they give them a reason to spend them/ For not conflicting with the new players, they offered them the possibility to get with LS content by playing the game.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: J Night.3468

J Night.3468

it’s so easy to get skill points these days that you won’t really notice a difference in your total amount if you spent 25. you’ll get it all back before you know it. as for the healing skill itself…. it does suck, but don’t forget it also heals your allies according to the tooltip. i never bothered using it though.

Embrace the darkness..

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I think 25SP for a healing skill is fair.
Instead of lovering the cost of the new healing skill, they could upp the cost for all other skills.

I think all healing skills should cost 25SP now since the release of SP-scrolls. When I leveled my toons I did not have any SP-scrolls and I had to use only the skill points I got from leveling and exploring while new players now will get quite many SP-scrolls while playing.

Okay I am not realy a casual gamer but when I re-rolled my thief I insta leveled her to level 20 and used enough SP-scrolls to buy all skills she needed for her build, now SP is just rolling in, I have soon more SP-scrolls in my bank than I have locked black lion chests and they drop like crazy.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Tower of Nightmares

Astralporing.1957

Okay I am not realy a casual gamer but

Exactly. You are not. And there are far more casual players in this game than players with thousands of SPs. Optimizing everything in this game for a tiny minority was, is and will always be a very bad idea.

Actions, not words.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Phyxrgon.7305

Phyxrgon.7305

25 is a bit much for something not as effective I thought it might have been, I get a better deal out of well of blood or consume conditions with the condition-spammy npcs outside of being unable to remove Toxic pollen.

Jade Quarrior – [HzH] [SF]

Tengu. Make it happen.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I’ve been playing for all of three weeks, have 175 skill challenges I haven’t done yet, and I’m swimming in skill points already. You can get 25 skill points in a couple of hours killing champions, from what I can tell.

Does converting them to gold involve making items in the mystic forge or something? Haven’t played with that at all yet…

in Tower of Nightmares

lordkrall.7241

Find a better one.

And yet it fits quite well here.
People are complaining about the fact that a healing skill is expensive. But since you don’t need the healing skill, the fact that it is expensive is moot. Or should we start complaining about not getting Legendary Weapons by simply logging in?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

My main still have well over 400 sp left after buying this “expensive” and completely worthless skill (and I have probably spent at least another 1000 sp on various stuff). Skillpoints arent worth any gold at all. Sure you’re not going to get 25 of them in one sitting unless you’re really hardcore, but we’re talking about a couple of days, a week at most to get them.

How much sp do you get just doing this living world story? Guessing most people will get more than 25 due to all the event grinding. I dont even think you can avoid getting it back just by playing the living story.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

you literally get an item from this event which gives you a free skill point every day.

Also, scrolls of knowledge drop from the champions, which you may have to farm/kill for the event meta.
I’m at 11/25 from that achieve, and have 6 skill points from scrolls. Nevermind exp gain.

in Tower of Nightmares

lordkrall.7241

you literally get an item from this event which gives you a free skill point every day.

No you don’t.
It is a one-use skill node, just like every other skill node.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Incorrect. I just tried it. The skill does NOT remove the Suffocation Toxic that the tower itself spreads, the only way to remove it is to move away from the area.
Which is also exactly what the skill says. It removes Toxic Pollen, which is the things that are spread at the Outshoots.

Oh, well that is stupid then. That’s not dangerous at all, and the hallucination effect is all sorts of fun. I didn’t really feel like spending 5 gold for a skill, now I have even less reason nor desire to do so.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Tower of Nightmares

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Find a better one.

And yet it fits quite well here.
People are complaining about the fact that a healing skill is expensive. But since you don’t need the healing skill, the fact that it is expensive is moot. Or should we start complaining about not getting Legendary Weapons by simply logging in?

If they take the “errbody gots tons of currency” approach and adjust the price of Legendary components up 4x then, yeah. Seems that attitude reflects in the cost of Ascended already.

But then, that would give you the shot to type.

“Incorrect” “You don’t need one”

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

in Tower of Nightmares

Gene Archer.8560

People are complaining about the fact that a healing skill is expensive. But since you don’t need the healing skill, the fact that it is expensive is moot.

So it’s expensive for the sake of being expensive? Seems like bad game design to me.

Frankly, so what if it isn’t needed? Again, nothing in the game is needed. You can play the game bare bones, with starter weapons.

But doing stuff bare bones isn’t fun. And fun is the most important thing in a game.

Or should we start complaining about not getting Legendary Weapons by simply logging in?

Because wanting a non-elite skill to cost no more than 5 to 10 SP max is totally the same as wanting a Legendary right upon log in, right?

What is your deal, man?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

This could also have an effect on new players. They’ll see that heal skill for 25 points and through no fault of their own assume (yes we all know what is said about assumption so save yourself a post if you’re that person) that it’s the best one to get and won’t be able to buy other skills to help them level while they save up. It’s all well and good for us people to just buy it from our large stash of points but 25 points to a new player is quite a lot.

Seems Anet just hike up the price because some people have tons of skillpoints. If they ran a shop would they hike up the prices if a famous person came in just because they are rich? Actually, I know the answer to that