in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Please kill Scarlet at least here, no one cares how she dies

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

They won’t kill her. It’s obvious at this point that she’s a Dragon Minion, possibly a champion. Meaning they’ll leave her alive to serve as the “villain” of the next arc of the personal story.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Xeraion.1582

Xeraion.1582

I dont think so :/
Scarlet is probably the one who got the Krait to build the tower in the first place…
Maybe some Holos of her but nothing more^^

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

No, Scarlet is the best that could happen in this game amongst dragon bashes. festivals, 8 bit games and elections. I hope the expansion of GW2, if it will ever exist, will be based on Scarlet

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

No, Scarlet is the best that could happen in this game amongst dragon bashes. festivals, 8 bit games and elections. I hope the expansion of GW2, if it will ever exist, will be based on Scarlet

Not sure if troll, or…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

in b4 zero HP and she magically teleports away.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

No kidding, Scarlet is the best enemy we could possibly have at the moment, aside from maybe the Elder Dragons.

Seriously, she rejected her place in Pale Tree’s dream, decided that only SHE would decide where or what her path was. She studied for eight years in the Grove, with Sylvari engineers and realized she wanted more.

So she went to Hoelbrak to study under the Norn smiths, to learn the art of metal working so she could build her creations. So she became Beigarth’s pupil and apprentice, his forge tender. Learning the art of metal working. But she realized it wasn’t enough.

So she moved on, and began to study under a gladium of the Iron Legion. She wanted to know more, and more. She learned all his secrets, everything she could. But it still wasn’t enough.

She went to Rata Sum, and she wasn’t just accepted in automatically, she wasn’t some instant genius. So they tested her, and she impressed them, time and time again. The Asuran colleges allowed her to continue studying. Because she was dedicated. And they were intrigued by her ability to learn. She STRUGGLED at synergetics, but refused to give up. Headmaster Omadd took her under his wing, because he saw something in her. He introduced her to the eternal alchemy. The Arcane Council even rejected her thesis, though it was 100% backed by her by Omadd.

Afterward, she joined the Inquest to learn from them. But she was eventually thrown out by the Arcane Council, when she broke into the city’s archives with a fellow classmate who abandoned her. But still she perservered. Because she wanted to know more.

After she was thrown out, she learned alchemy from the Hyleks, so she could stay close to Rata Sum.

Headmaster Omadd, seeing her potential even tracked her down and offered her a chance to the see more of the Eternal Alchemy, to know as much as possible.

Inside Omadd’s machine, the Pale Tree reaching out to her tried to convince her not to stray from the path. But Scarlet was too interested in seeing the way things worked, the way everything was put together and the design of the world around her.

So much knowledge, she learned so much everywhere she went and from everyone she studied.

You want Scarlet to just “up and die” and be done with. But you probably don’t even know her story.

Scarlet is here to stay for quite a while, and I’m entirely interested in seeing what she is going to do next. She saw something in Omadd’s machine no doubt, she saw what was coming and even if she isn’t a Dragon Minion, Scarlet is not going to disappoint.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

meh…, as long as she keeps staying out of my way and letting me defeat her and her minions with every encounter, I could care less if she lives, dies, goes plant herself in the ground and becomes a new pale tree, etc. Anet hasn’t really given me a reason to want to kill her yet.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

meh…, as long as she keeps staying out of my way and letting me defeat her and her minions with every encounter, I could care less if she lives, dies, goes plant herself in the ground and becomes a new pale tree, etc. Anet hasn’t really given me a reason to want to kill her yet.

Not yet, but if they keep building her up and don’t let her slide by the wayside. And they do it right. You’ll have your reason to kill her soon enough.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Not yet, but if they keep building her up and don’t let her slide by the wayside. And they do it right. You’ll have your reason to kill her soon enough.

Its gotta be a really evil, totally messed up reason though…Like, forcing a necromancer to revive your dead parents then forcing you into a cage match with them kind of messed up evil.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

I have a feeling that Scarlet will end up siding with us, l dont think we will ever kill her, we will require her help at some stage and she will require our help, we team up and then we will have a Rytlock and Logan style relationship were we hate each other but work together anyway.

(edited by Arnath.2319)

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

This could be like the greatest chance to kill off Scarlet in a magnificent way. Have the fight be at the top of the tower and when you defeat her. She’ll fall down the entire tower in a glorious cut scene while she’s trololing to finally get impaled by a pointy log at the bottom.

http://youtu.be/KaqC5FnvAEc?t=44s

(edited by Blackwyn.8127)

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Arkronis.1576

Arkronis.1576

No kidding, Scarlet is the best enemy we could possibly have at the moment, aside from maybe the Elder Dragons.

Seriously, she rejected her place in Pale Tree’s dream, decided that only SHE would decide where or what her path was. She studied for eight years in the Grove, with Sylvari engineers and realized she wanted more.

So she went to Hoelbrak to study under the Norn smiths, to learn the art of metal working so she could build her creations. So she became Beigarth’s pupil and apprentice, his forge tender. Learning the art of metal working. But she realized it wasn’t enough.

So she moved on, and began to study under a gladium of the Iron Legion. She wanted to know more, and more. She learned all his secrets, everything she could. But it still wasn’t enough.

She went to Rata Sum, and she wasn’t just accepted in automatically, she wasn’t some instant genius. So they tested her, and she impressed them, time and time again. The Asuran colleges allowed her to continue studying. Because she was dedicated. And they were intrigued by her ability to learn. She STRUGGLED at synergetics, but refused to give up. Headmaster Omadd took her under his wing, because he saw something in her. He introduced her to the eternal alchemy. The Arcane Council even rejected her thesis, though it was 100% backed by her by Omadd.

Afterward, she joined the Inquest to learn from them. But she was eventually thrown out by the Arcane Council, when she broke into the city’s archives with a fellow classmate who abandoned her. But still she perservered. Because she wanted to know more.

After she was thrown out, she learned alchemy from the Hyleks, so she could stay close to Rata Sum.

Headmaster Omadd, seeing her potential even tracked her down and offered her a chance to the see more of the Eternal Alchemy, to know as much as possible.

Inside Omadd’s machine, the Pale Tree reaching out to her tried to convince her not to stray from the path. But Scarlet was too interested in seeing the way things worked, the way everything was put together and the design of the world around her.

So much knowledge, she learned so much everywhere she went and from everyone she studied.

You want Scarlet to just “up and die” and be done with. But you probably don’t even know her story.

Scarlet is here to stay for quite a while, and I’m entirely interested in seeing what she is going to do next. She saw something in Omadd’s machine no doubt, she saw what was coming and even if she isn’t a Dragon Minion, Scarlet is not going to disappoint.

Great post – But on the other hand, Scarlet is somewhat reminding me of Sylar from Heros :P (The knowledge thing, the needing to know how everything works and the obsession to that end leading to control over others!)… interesting!!

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I don’t think she’s going to be connected with this update. She’s more akin to the Soundless than the Nightmare Court.

Also, the krait and NC are both serious, religious groups, and the building of the tower seems to have much deeper significance to its makers than Scarlet’s trite M.O. of “OMG POWER, DESTROY ALL THE THINGS LOL.”

Ugh. So glad to be free of her taint so we can focus on real story for a couple weeks.

I should be writing.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Many of us want her to die because her back story is so utterly idiotic that it begs a retcon. From how you explained her story i’m convinced even moreso she’s a Villian Sue & that she simply appeals to people who need that kind of character. It’s also telling that those who love her completely ignore her actual CHARACTER & focus on her shark-jumping BACKSTORY. Her CHARACTER is an annoying, cookie-cutter madman with wacky modern “killing people is funny” dialog. Of course, this is lost on anyone who puts lore over character. So far, the Mad King has a far better CHARACTER than Scarlet & already fills the madman role. And in a MUCH more entertaining & menacing way.

Yeah she needs to be scrubbed from the lore. with actually cool, fun characters like Palawa Joko & the Mursaat, I’m at a loss for why they feel the need to add modernized omniscient joker clones.

I like how Anet admitted that master togo’s voice acting was terribad, but I get this feeling that they actually believe Scarlet is good. Sorry, togo’s voice acting is award winning next to the pile that is Scarlet.

At any rate, I’m glad to see a movement away from Turdlet.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kistenian.2083

Kistenian.2083

Scarlet like Harley Quinn … she is nothing without Joker. but where is Joker here? I smell feminism in this game = D
so … or she dies or give us something more
I think that’s would be fair

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Treise.6958

Treise.6958

This could be like the greatest chance to kill off Scarlet in a magnificent way. Have the fight be at the top of the tower and when you defeat her. She’ll fall down the entire tower in a glorious cut scene while she’s trololing to finally get impaled by a pointy log at the bottom.

http://youtu.be/KaqC5FnvAEc?t=44s

And then while she is impaled she will have a weird glorious laughter

http://youtu.be/DFR5oZQrIVc

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: narrock.6890

narrock.6890

Scarlet is not going to disappoint.

she already has for nearly half a year its it getting worse, and more and more GW lore is being thrown out retcon or just plain IGNORED to make this “Character”( puked typing that word) “fit” its objectively bad.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Every time I hear Scarlet’s voice, or the hammy dialogue, or simply think about the totally hackneyed and cliche filled character that she is, I imagine doing this to her:

If ANet allows me to do THAT at the end of this next Living Story installment, they can take my money!

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Scarlet like Harley Quinn … she is nothing without Joker. but where is Joker here?

Trahearne.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Trehearne is nothing like the Joker. And besides, even he doesn’t deserve to have to put up with that invasive weed.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Great post – But on the other hand, Scarlet is somewhat reminding me of Sylar from Heros :P (The knowledge thing, the needing to know how everything works and the obsession to that end leading to control over others!)… interesting!!

It’s a good thing heroes went on to become such a good show.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

I don’t think she’s going to be connected with this update. She’s more akin to the Soundless than the Nightmare Court.

Also, the krait and NC are both serious, religious groups, and the building of the tower seems to have much deeper significance to its makers than Scarlet’s trite M.O. of “OMG POWER, DESTROY ALL THE THINGS LOL.”

Ugh. So glad to be free of her taint so we can focus on real story for a couple weeks.

Scarlet is Nightmare Court through and through. Her thought process is pretty much the same as Cadeyrne’s – she’s throwing a massive temper tantrum at the idea that she can’t simply do what she pleases regardless of who it hurts, and she’s trying to reshape the world into one where she can do anything or hurt anyone she wants. Only reason she’s not officially a member is that Cadeyrne beat her too it, and she’s too much of a rebellious teenager to accept being lower in a hierarchy than ANYONE.

But yes, very different to the Soundless. The Soundless just disconnect themselves from the Dream to live their own lives – they’re not trying to change the world. Scarlet is trying to force her views on how the world, particularly the Sylvari race, should be onto everyone else. That’s NC mentality, not Soundless.

Personally, I don’t think she needs to be removed… but she’d work MUCH better as a side villain than the main antagonist ArenaNet is trying to make her. It’s getting tiring that every LS update that isn’t SAB, a holiday update, or simply a few mechanical changes has been directly or indirectly related to VillainSuelet. There are other threats in the world that are unrelated to Scarlet… why can’t we see some of those? And not through the medium of VillainSuelet somehow pulling them into her alliance – seriously, if she has brought the NC and the omnicidal Krait together, as current evidence is bringing me from “cautious optimism that the writers haven’t completely jumped the shark” to… well, something a little less optimistic, then things are getting pretty frelling ridiculous. Really, I can see Flame Legion and dredge, I can see inquest and pirates, but Krait which up to now have been enemies to everybody because they believe in a world where all land has flooded and where all non-Krait are slaves or dead allying with anybody requires a much better explanation than Scarlet waving her magical wand of Villain Sueness and suddenly they’re making nice. Especially when taking a more ruthless attitude towards the krait was a significant part of the reason the NC was founded in the first place.

But seriously, ArenaNet: What happened to the “wider, not deeper” mantra? Can you give us something that is related to something ELSE, not a sequence of Saturday morning cartoons of “what is Scarlet doing today!” with the occasional side of “now we have to deal with the consequences of what Scarlet did yesterday!”

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

She needs to be killed off, she was not a very well conceived villian to start with and the fact that she is shoehorned into almost every living story is making things worse.

I do not care how she dies, have her fall off the Krait tower in one of the website stories Arena Net seem to be so fond of.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Scarlet is the worst plothole i’ve ever seen in a game’s lore, and as such should either be “resized” (3 collegues + seeing the eternal alchemy? u serious?) or nuked and never appear again.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

@AndrewSX:

far be it from me to defend Scarlet, but unless i remember her story wrong, she studied engineering in all three colleges and she thinks she saw the Eternal Alchemy

studying three different approaches to the same field and being a few leaves short of a salad is not exactly lore-breaking. it is however a bit lore-stretching in the case of the three colleges accepting her even for a single field. on the other hand… asuras do have quite the ego. each college probably did it to outdo the ones before

that said, while scarlet might have been a somewhat interest concept, the execution so far has been lackluster

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: cgnius.8539

cgnius.8539

Hopefully an Elder will wake up and swallow her whole

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

They still haven’t even explained how shes convincing different tribes to work with her.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

This Krait update has so much potential to be a good living story on its own, without the poorest villain of all times pulling the strings. So I really hope, they don’t involve Scarlet. If they do however, it’s time for her to die so that we can move on.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

One of the worst antagonists ever put out. She isn’t scary, creepy or frightening in any way – she’s just annoying.
Needs to die/ get out of the spot light somehow.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

She is the worst villain they’ve ever had in this game. If you add in GW1, she’s the worst villain they’ve had the last decade. Her character is lame, uninteresting and nothing more than a catch all for the living story tediousness.

I don’t even care if we kill her – should could just disappear and never be heard from again. That would be just fine with me.

SBI

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Just adding my little brick, for the cause. I also find her to be an uninteresting, poor character.

No motivation to fight her/ join her, very little interest in doing content presented under her banner, AND the first time a beginning of a LS update actually made me log out of the game for 2 weeks was Queen’s Speech.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

I’d prefer they didn’t kill her.

They still have many opportunities to flesh her out and to flesh out her rivalry with the player, to give her a place in the story besides what she has now. Her story has so much potential, it’s just up to the devs and storywriters to ensure that she can realize it.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

and to flesh out her rivalry with the player

What rivalry? Beyond sending me a care package in the way of a bomb, she has done little to attack my character directly and personally.

If anything she has a rivalry with Queen Jennah, Ellen Kiel/ The Lionguard and Caithe. To my character she is nothing more than a casual nuisance.

Even Lord Faren has more of a reason to call her a personal nemesis.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

zwierz.9012

Heh, I recall actually looking forward to find out about the mysterious figure who leads all those different groups, someone with charisma, potential and so on.

Aaand by the end of Pavillion I felt disappointed, and the first cut scene of Queen’s Speech just caused an alt+f4 and two weeks of playing Civilization in free time.

Okay, MAYBE I went to see an invasion or two.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

we are going to be fighting and seeing scarlet for a long time. I’d just get used to her.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

zwierz.9012

Nah, it seems that she shows her face every 2nd, or every 3rd update. I can just not play gw2, or focus on roleplaying and other things during updates with her included. I think I will actually, and stop whining about it, futile actions aren’t my thing anyway.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

Please kill Scarlet at least here, no one cares how she dies

I care how she dies.

Why? Because I want to make kitten well sure it’s GODkitten MOTHERkittenING PERMANENT.

Worst. Villian. Ever.

She doesn’t even have any redeeming factors, such as being amusingly campy like most bad guys… or a “love to hate” her vibe.

No. I want her gone forever.

(edited by Dand.8231)

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Diak Atoli.2085

Diak Atoli.2085

I care how she dies.

Why? Because I want to make kitten * well sure it’s *GODkitten MOTHERkittenING PERMANENT.

Worst. Villian. Ever.

She doesn’t even have any redeeming factors, such as being amusingly campy like most bad guys… or a “love to hate” her vibe.

No. I want her gone forever.

So you want her to keep living and think she the best villain ArenaNet’s come up with, right? I couldn’t tell from your post.

(Sarcasm aside, I agree with the spirit of your post and am impressed by your passion. )

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

Scarlet is a bunch of nonsense and awful cliches but if

she’s a Dragon Minion, possibly a champion.

It’ll explain much (Mordremoth corruption eg) VINES GROWING INSIDE HER SKULL AND TURNING HER BRAIN INTO MASH WHICH MAKES HER SO DULL AND ONESIDED CHARACTER and won’t be THAT poor written as it seems right now.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

But seriously, ArenaNet: What happened to the “wider, not deeper” mantra? Can you give us something that is related to something ELSE, not a sequence of Saturday morning cartoons of “what is Scarlet doing today!” with the occasional side of “now we have to deal with the consequences of what Scarlet did yesterday!”

Two things that you said actually kinda made me laugh a little. First, She is forcing her view on everyone else, which is honestly just making her no better than the other leaders that she is attempting to bring low. She isn’t giving people the option to think freely, she’s just trying to force another cage around their minds.

Second, I was thinking back to when this game had been out for only a few months, half of the lore forum had problems with almost everything coming back and being tied to the Elder Dragons… Well I guess they decided to tie everything else to something else… Instead of fixing the problem and letting some stuff just happen on it’s own and not be tied to some large over-arching villain/evil.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

so much hate over scarlet, i actually enjoy her.

she reminds me of those villains from my younger days when i used to watch cartoons..

i miss you darkwing duck…

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Fleaman.9864

Fleaman.9864

She would probably be pretty tolerable if she WAS a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Part of the problem is that Scarlet’s a troll character with no one to troll but the players. Harley Quinn is fun when she’s trolling Poison Ivy; the Joker is fun when he’s trolling Batman. The reaction is extremely important; without it, it becomes a cry for attention that’s being ignored, which just makes it pitiful and definitely not suitable for a character the story is at constant pains to point out is incredibly hot kitten.

So yeah, just give her someone to bounce off of. Give her a Norn Aetherblade captain as an ever-present second-in-command to be all stern and Norny and Crispin while she’s japing around, who she makes do all the paperwork and who never laughs at her jokes.

“Captain, I think these ne’er-do-wells are here to spoil our fun!”
“I’m not having fun.”
“You’re too late, fools! The captain has already spoiled the fun.”

It could be the other way around, too; she could troll you, but have bumbling henchmen around to troll her. A tall guy/short guy buffoon combo (Scratcharr and Groundredge) who keep screwing up her orders and get yelled at a lot (“You molten morons!”). Or a gang of Skritt minions who shovel all the coal but who keep interrupting her speeches with Skrittisms (“ARE QUEENS SHINY?”).

This would make her Suck, which is really the main feature of a Saturday morning cartoon villain. Megatron can be intimidating, but he loses constantly, some of his schemes are petty or ridiculous, and he’s surrounded by noisy idiots. And frankly, given that we already know what hot kitten looks like (it looks like a dragon that is an actual hurricane), funny is probably the way to go here.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

She would probably be pretty tolerable if she WAS a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Part of the problem is that Scarlet’s a troll character with no one to troll but the players. Harley Quinn is fun when she’s trolling Poison Ivy; the Joker is fun when he’s trolling Batman. The reaction is extremely important; without it, it becomes a cry for attention that’s being ignored, which just makes it pitiful and definitely not suitable for a character the story is at constant pains to point out is incredibly hot kitten.

So yeah, just give her someone to bounce off of. Give her a Norn Aetherblade captain as an ever-present second-in-command to be all stern and Norny and Crispin while she’s japing around, who she makes do all the paperwork and who never laughs at her jokes.

“Captain, I think these ne’er-do-wells are here to spoil our fun!”
“I’m not having fun.”
“You’re too late, fools! The captain has already spoiled the fun.”

It could be the other way around, too; she could troll you, but have bumbling henchmen around to troll her. A tall guy/short guy buffoon combo (Scratcharr and Groundredge) who keep screwing up her orders and get yelled at a lot (“You molten morons!”). Or a gang of Skritt minions who shovel all the coal but who keep interrupting her speeches with Skrittisms (“ARE QUEENS SHINY?”).

This would make her Suck, which is really the main feature of a Saturday morning cartoon villain. Megatron can be intimidating, but he loses constantly, some of his schemes are petty or ridiculous, and he’s surrounded by noisy idiots. And frankly, given that we already know what hot kitten looks like (it looks like a dragon that is an actual hurricane), funny is probably the way to go here.

That is actually an incredibly good point. She’s a cartoon villian who doesn’t have the rest of the cast of the cartoon around to make her interesting or amusing. She really does need someone to riff off of to at least be entertaining. (Not going to touch how she gets to fudge the lore or her many “sue-ish” traits) As right now she’s just insufferably annoying and feels really out of place.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Ellisande.5218

Ellisande.5218

Why would Scarlet go to Hoelbrok to learn metalsmithing? From what I’ve seen of their steel it is a much inferior quality to that of Kryta or Rata Sum with Rata Sum actually experimenting to create advanced ores. Seems like a step backwards to me.

And of course this raises the question why she would have ignored the Sylvari’s own metalworking capabilities and capacity to turn plants on magical stones into weapons that rival even those created in Rata Sum out of advanced materials.

The high quality steel Ulfbert swords were made using imported steel. The Vikings themselves didn’t have the knowledge to create the high quality steel used in those swords and I imagine the same holds true of the Norn who were based on Vikings. And even if the Norn do know how to make high quality metal alloys, the Sylvari possess the same knowledge. At least my Sylvari does and she only learned from other Sylvari so that knowledge would have been just as available to Scarlet thus begging the question of why Scarlet went to the Norns? Probably just so the Norn wouldn’t feel left out.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Why would Scarlet go to Hoelbrok to learn metalsmithing? From what I’ve seen of their steel it is a much inferior quality to that of Kryta or Rata Sum with Rata Sum actually experimenting to create advanced ores. Seems like a step backwards to me.

And of course this raises the question why she would have ignored the Sylvari’s own metalworking capabilities and capacity to turn plants on magical stones into weapons that rival even those created in Rata Sum out of advanced materials.

The high quality steel Ulfbert swords were made using imported steel. The Vikings themselves didn’t have the knowledge to create the high quality steel used in those swords and I imagine the same holds true of the Norn who were based on Vikings. And even if the Norn do know how to make high quality metal alloys, the Sylvari possess the same knowledge. At least my Sylvari does and she only learned from other Sylvari so that knowledge would have been just as available to Scarlet thus begging the question of why Scarlet went to the Norns? Probably just so the Norn wouldn’t feel left out.

She didn’t go to Hoelbrak to learn smithing from any random norn she went to learn from Beigarth who is responsible for rediscovering the secret of making Deldrimor steel. Additionally Beigarth is one of the three smiths chosen to design weapons for the Pact’s army. So his and by extension the Norn’s metalsmithing ability isn’t something to scoff at.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Fleaman makes a valid point.

Scarlet could actually make an interesting antagonist if she was an occasional antagonist that is played for laughs, employed as a break from dealing with more serious storylines. However, she just doesn’t work as the serious storyline of Guild Wars 2, which she is being presented as at the moment.

On Norn smithery: The norn do have their desire to achieve greatness in their field, so those who choose smithery as their field probably are genuinely hot stuff. The flipside, however, is that the great norn smiths are probably the type that take weeks to perform a single commission and simply don’t produce enough to arm everybody – leaving the majority of norn smithing to be done by amateur smiths that are just looking to make something that’ll work well enough.

Human smiths, by contrast, are generally more focused on being able to make large numbers of serviceable weapons than a few good ones (although the comment is made in GoA that most human-made swords that are commercially available are pretty poor – the good ones go to the military).

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Have her die in an airship battle. I personally think we’re missing a huge warship event.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Newman.6847

Newman.6847

Perhaps he doesn’t. Because all he has seen in the game is a generic Harley Quinn – ripoff villain with a bunch of standard, boring, non-skippable villain monologue. If it’s not in the game, it doesn’t exist is an opinion that I suspect is shared by the majority of the player base. The stories they published outside of the game may well be interesting, but what we actually see of her in the game certainly isn’t.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Have her die in an airship battle. I personally think we’re missing a huge warship event.

She wont die. She will never die.

She will always manage to teleport away at 0.01% HP.

That’s by far my biggest gripe with her. I don’t like the current information about her, but that… time and time and TIME AGAIN… that really gets on my nerves.