Can Scarlet finally die

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

She would probably be pretty tolerable if she WAS a Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Part of the problem is that Scarlet’s a troll character with no one to troll but the players. Harley Quinn is fun when she’s trolling Poison Ivy; the Joker is fun when he’s trolling Batman. The reaction is extremely important; without it, it becomes a cry for attention that’s being ignored, which just makes it pitiful and definitely not suitable for a character the story is at constant pains to point out is incredibly hot kitten.

So yeah, just give her someone to bounce off of. Give her a Norn Aetherblade captain as an ever-present second-in-command to be all stern and Norny and Crispin while she’s japing around, who she makes do all the paperwork and who never laughs at her jokes.

“Captain, I think these ne’er-do-wells are here to spoil our fun!”
“I’m not having fun.”
“You’re too late, fools! The captain has already spoiled the fun.”

It could be the other way around, too; she could troll you, but have bumbling henchmen around to troll her. A tall guy/short guy buffoon combo (Scratcharr and Groundredge) who keep screwing up her orders and get yelled at a lot (“You molten morons!”). Or a gang of Skritt minions who shovel all the coal but who keep interrupting her speeches with Skrittisms (“ARE QUEENS SHINY?”).

This would make her Suck, which is really the main feature of a Saturday morning cartoon villain. Megatron can be intimidating, but he loses constantly, some of his schemes are petty or ridiculous, and he’s surrounded by noisy idiots. And frankly, given that we already know what hot kitten looks like (it looks like a dragon that is an actual hurricane), funny is probably the way to go here.

That is actually an incredibly good point. She’s a cartoon villian who doesn’t have the rest of the cast of the cartoon around to make her interesting or amusing. She really does need someone to riff off of to at least be entertaining. (Not going to touch how she gets to fudge the lore or her many “sue-ish” traits) As right now she’s just insufferably annoying and feels really out of place.

one day her minions will end p becoming bored of her and just leave, she replaces them with skritt (the only things stupid enough to join her) and thats how it starts

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

one day her minions will end p becoming bored of her and just leave, she replaces them with skritt (the only things stupid enough to join her) and thats how it starts

As much as I hate Scarlet and think that she ruins Guild Wars lore and the Living Story, I love the Skritt more. I am ashamed to admit I would still play that content even if it revolved around her.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

Please kill Scarlet at least here, no one cares how she dies

Fire. Fire is good.

Oversized weedwhacker.

Nightshade salad with a nice herbicidal vinaigrette, perhaps.

They’re all good.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Brenil.8957

Brenil.8957

You want Scarlet to just “up and die” and be done with. But you probably don’t even know her story.

I know her story. Her story sucks. Thereby she sucks and every plot line that is associated with her sucks.

I figure that’s the most blunt way to frame that response.

If you think Scarlet is a great character and are interested in finding out what happens to her and her story, then more power to you. However, none of that changes the fact that she breaks many literary character creation sins, which put her firmly in the Villain Sue category. It is interesting that you point out which few issues somewhat soften such a label while ignoring the vast majority of her character that points squarely towards it.

Scarlet is a Villain Sue. I don’t really think there’s any arguing that. If you enjoy that sort of thing, good for you. For most people, it’s just annoying and makes people hate the character and everything having to do with them, which unfortunately is much of the new PvE content these days.

Prudence Pump Six – Steam Punk of an Engineer
Sorrow’s Furnace

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

YES PLEASE KILL HER. I know she’s suposed to be crazy but she’s just silly to me.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

They still have many opportunities to flesh her out and to flesh out her rivalry with the player, to give her a place in the story besides what she has now. Her story has so much potential, it’s just up to the devs and storywriters to ensure that she can realize it.

Sorry, but her “potential” is for frustration & annoyance. what they explained made her all the more annoying because they gave this idiot so much power. the more they “flesh her out” the more eye-rolling she becomes. They really, really, need to cut her short as quick as possible.

tbh, I think they best thing they could do for her right now, is have her die in the funniest, most unexpected way that make her look look like as much a chump as possible. Seriously, the WP/MV way of “hahahah! i’m Scarlet, i’m so awes-” THUMP Jormag steps on her, shift the whole story to him & never look back.

I think Anet has a bit too much of a love for it’s failed lore & visuals. They seem ok with admitting bad design choices, but when people hate they armor or story.. they just shrug keep going with it.

(edited by DarksunG.9537)

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

With that last comment aside. I can only think of one ending for Scarlet that would suit her character well….

Attachments:

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Can Scarlet finally die

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

This could be like the greatest chance to kill off Scarlet in a magnificent way. Have the fight be at the top of the tower and when you defeat her. She’ll fall down the entire tower in a glorious cut scene while she’s trololing to finally get impaled by a pointy log at the bottom.

http://youtu.be/KaqC5FnvAEc?t=44s

I so love this. Please anet…. please…. do eeeeet! In slow motion!!! Best Scarlet Story EVAR!