Gask Mask Skins and the Unlocked Rewards Tab

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Zanyrage.7164

Zanyrage.7164

Now, after having completed the meta, and received my Gas Mask skin. IT has come to my attention that we can only have but one. My only question is why? This skin is amazing for many character looks and to be limited to one is down right outrageous. Engineers fit it amazingly. Asura look stunning with it and for a game that deems alts fun and playable why can we not have multiple copies? I have not seen a Dev post on anything regarding the Unlocked Rewards tab and why “Account Bound” items that you unlock through achievement rewards cannot simply be placed there.

Now, this isn’t kitten much a rant than a very confused player and supporter of this game trying to make sense of why we can’t have multiples of an item that is unlocked through hard work and simply changes the look of an item, and cannot be traded.

tl;dr Discuss why the gas mask should/shouldn’t be in the unlocked rewards tab along with other rewards.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

I’d prefer if they could make this for all account bound stuff you only can get from achievements. – not for random account bound drops(if there are any – usually that stuff is tradeable) since they want to farm you more there.

Thread should be in the other forums for the latest release. (the nightmare within).

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

i think all unlocked LS skins should be in the achievement tap after all they come with achievements….

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

The only counter that other players may have is that “by having more of that skin in the world (even if its account bound) it makes it less unique.” To me that is a silly argument, especially since you can only play one character at a time, so who cares if you have a team of people using then same back item, but I’ve seen it used before.

Another possible (but very unlikely) reason is that it forces us to use inventory/bank slots to keep any skin that isn’t currently being used. Personally I have roughly a whole bank tab holding the various LS skins, but I won’t put on a tinfoil hat to say that Anet is trying to get us to buy more space.

A more reasonable explanation is that the way the Zenith skins work is different than the way the LS skins work in the code. Get X AP get an option, and that will check a box for rewards you can get from the hero tab, vs. finish a meta and then receive a reward chest. I know it sounds similar, but it can be implemented very differently in the code. It would be nice if someone went to the trouble of “fixing” it so they both function the same (remember LS rewards started before AP rewards were even announced), but I’d assume it would take some time and isn’t a high priority.

Also what counts and what doesn’t? Does Mad Memories and Mad Memories (Complete) get added into the list (if I recall they were quest based and not an achievement reward). What about the Mad King ‘physical’ items we’ve received, from the clocktower we’ve gotten legs and arms, but I think they are just a “generic” skin. There were also the dragon bash helms which you only got if you were at the fireworks show (but I think that was at least tied to an achievement).

I guess my point is where do you draw the line? Don’t get me wrong, anything is better than nothing, and as useful as the festive hat collector was in gw1 I wouldn’t want a 3rd way to get/store skins. It would be awesome if the achievement panel could also hold the HoM rewards (though you’d still need the instance for the ranger pets), but I think a “skin locker” will happen before an “account bound skin generator.” But hey I could be wrong, they did just make the gathering tools account bound, maybe that means they’ll start working on the skins next.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

I don’t know how long it took GW1 to implement the Festival Hat NPC which is very much in the same line as the Achievement Unlocks section. I’m actually surprised that this hasn’t been done ages ago. Why aren’t HoM items in there as well?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

I think all the meta rewards should give at least one for spvp and one for pve. At the least. I mean why not? Why do we have to choose which format we want to have it in? What happens in PVE when you want to switch this to another back skin or helm / glove skin etc?