How start The Nightmare Unveiled?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: hellspawn.8053

hellspawn.8053

How start The Nightmare Unveiled after yesterdays patch?
My friend have a problem: she can’t start The Nightmare Unveiled story instance.
There is no automatically redirect to instance when she travel to Kessex Hills and npc that start’s it (or give you a chance to repeat if you already did it) are not in Thunder Ridge camp. We did whole Tower yesterday, but we can’t find Marjory there.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: OrinX.1962

OrinX.1962

Same, every youtube video I go to people get ported to the solo instance instantly. Is it too late after the patch?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Autumn Frazee.3158

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Next

This instance was only available during the ‘Tower of Nightmares’ release. When we transitioned in to ‘The Nightmares Within’ on the 12th, both Marjory and Kasmeer entered the Tower to help find a way to bring it down.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

This didn’t really need to happen, since the instance was loaded when first entering the zone, so even if Marjory and Kasmeer aren’t at thunder ridge camp once you got out of the story instanced, you would meet them in the tower.

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Mojito Icy.7380

Mojito Icy.7380

So we can’t complete achievement ToN 14/14 now?

in Tower of Nightmares

Previous

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Next

You can still do the other Tower of Nightmares achievements as well as ToN dailies; these will provide you with more than enough ways to complete the ToN meta during The Nightmares Within release

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Mojito Icy.7380

Mojito Icy.7380

You are right
Thanks

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: SirMoogie.9263

SirMoogie.9263

This didn’t really need to happen, since the instance was loaded when first entering the zone, so even if Marjory and Kasmeer aren’t at thunder ridge camp once you got out of the story instanced, you would meet them in the tower.

Agreed. They really need to allow late comers time to catch up. I told some friends that this release was particularly good content wise, but they can’t view the intro to it and have little context now.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

I’m disappointed by this too. Especially with the Tower of Nightmares content still going on, having the story behind it locked away because I got to it late is a bit of a letdown. It doesn’t make the meta-achievement significantly harder to get with the dailies, but it does make the release a bit less fun.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Edgar Doiron.2804

Edgar Doiron.2804

Agreed. They really need to allow late comers time to catch up. I told some friends that this release was particularly good content wise, but they can’t view the intro to it and have little context now.

The only reason I can see is, the maps isn’t an “instanced” version of A map, but more an instance version of the CURRENT map.

And it changed a bit with this update, no?

Forgeman Destroyers [FORD] – Sorrows furnace

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: derekgrant.6504

derekgrant.6504

You know, being a full time college student this game is starting to extremely upset me. There’s no chance for me to experience the content now, all because I am busy with life… Now I log in, see a whole list of shinny achievements and things to do, but guess what? Can’t do them unless I want to do meaningless daily quests. Also, because I don’t get to experience everything, the content update has no context for me and I have no idea what’s going on… Sure I can watch YouTube videos, but already the immersion died brutally.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Same as DerekGrant, just back from a fortnights holiday and I am feeling extremely disconnected from whats happening at the moment, kessex hills looks a mess and I dont know where to even start.

I’ve come into this living world segment halfway and there is nothing to help me find out whats happening and what the kitten I’m suppossed to do.

(edited by Safari.3021)

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Chrome.5362

Chrome.5362

I’m not so concerned that you can’t complete it anymore, but why not remove it from the list of Achievements then Anet? As players we expect to be able to do everything that’s on that list. Obviously that isn’t true in this case.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Corti.6857

Corti.6857

This is ridiculous Anet. You should of left the instance in so people could get caught up with the story. Also people can’t complete the ToN achievement now and get the krait obelisk shard. This story should not even be part of the achievements (or it should immediately be added to your “historical” section because that is what it is now). The requirements should be 12, not 14. The witches and the story instance should not be part of the requirements.

I had 6 friends downloading to play again because I was talking about the update but then you remove the whole start of the story. Good job /sarcasm. I’ve already told them not to bother.

Are you actively trying to kill GW2 now?
Next time any of you read a book, just cut it in half and don’t read the start. Then you’ll know how it feels.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Old Bones.5140

Old Bones.5140

You can still get the Shards. I just did it last night. I just started it and got 9 of the achievements in about 2 days. The only ones that I won’t get the the instanced one, Krait Witches, and prob the inflicted ones. I have the spores to turn in, but I am going to see if there is one for the daily so I am holding onto them for now. They said that they were going to have them available during this LS. Do what you can, and do the dailies that pertain to it. Depends on what the dailies are, it is still feasible, cause I did the daily yesterday to give me on.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

This instance was only available during the ‘Tower of Nightmares’ release. When we transitioned in to ‘The Nightmares Within’ on the 12th, both Marjory and Kasmeer entered the Tower to help find a way to bring it down.

You’re kidding me. You people are deep-sixing content while it’s still in progress? Because I waited a little too long to start the CURRENT STORYLINE, I can’t actually start the CURRENT STORYLINE?

This is uncanny! You have like some kind of masochistic psychic power that helps you make “business” decisions configured perfectly to make me hate you all.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

The Tower of Nightmares achievement, as have all recent ones, actually requires you to do daily achievements to get it, so there’s actually no way to complete it without those even while the Nightmare Unveiled was available. (Incidentally, I think this is also a bad decision, since it leaves latecomers unable to get the achievement, but that’s both a different topic and something I feel less strongly about). It makes the achievement slightly harder to get, but that’s not really worth much ire. It’s the (unnecessary) removal of story elements that gets me.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: NathanRav.9076

NathanRav.9076

Might I just add that I think this was a terrible design decision. I’m a uni student and have been really busy. I was under the impression that I would be able to do this achievement through this section of the content too. Now I’ve missed it. Really, it aint a big deal but I still find it dissappointing. This Living World thing is really good but way too time demanding.

If you could create an instance where you could “relive” the events of the past or something that would honestly be the best thing you guys could do. Even if it’s just for the little instances like this/rox’s missions etc. I understand the thematic missions like halloween but this content is hard to keep up with if you lead a busy life. Don’t punish us because we love other things as well as Gw2!

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: NathanRav.9076

NathanRav.9076

Like I can Youtube what happened… But that’s a kitten way to catch up with content and I don’t think it’s what you guys want anymore than us. Please just allow us to start the instance from a Thunder Ridge NPC….

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lumigonga.5610

Lumigonga.5610

Hi all, i have the Tower of nightmare achivement 13/14 done, just the Naightmare unveiled left me. I have done all the daily today.

Now at days, impossible to do this meta achivement?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Lumigonga.5610

Lumigonga.5610

Sry, i have finished the achivement 2 min ago. XD. Completed.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Trevayne.9215

Trevayne.9215

After a month long break from GW2 I have come back over the past few days to find some interesting changes. Contrary to the main storyline which is utter rubbish (by that I mean my four year old nephew is writing better dialogue), I have found this living world story arc to be rather entertaining, an all around enjoyment to play and follow.

Unfortunately it seems a huge player base has been vacuumed out of Tyria, leaving me with little choice on group activities or perchance an encounter with another person as we wrangle down an offshoot. All in all its a very sad moment for GW2 as new consoles and games slip into stores dwindling the population of Tyria.

How does it feel Anet to develop new content for a game then delete that recently added content once the window of opportunity is complete and now no one can play anymore (thanks for the new “oops we deleted it cause your too slow” content by the way) or everyone else is of course playing your competitors games that have/will have added layers upon layers of EXISTING content?

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

This is pretty upsetting, as I did all other achievements and missing Unveiled and the Kraits.
Who came up with this idea has a very weird sense of “having fun while playing on your own time”.
Wish Anet does something about it and allow us to get those two achievements.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

You can still do the other Tower of Nightmares achievements as well as ToN dailies; these will provide you with more than enough ways to complete the ToN meta during The Nightmares Within release

After the newest patch (November 26) the daily offshoot killer does not count for this achievement…

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

in Tower of Nightmares

Previous

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

Next

Dagrin – Were you doing the offshoots in Kessex Hills, Queensdale, Brisban Wildlands, Caledon Forest, or Gendarran Fields? Any of those Toxic Offshoots should count towards the Toxic Gardener daily.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: Sianon.3586

Sianon.3586

Dagrin – Were you doing the offshoots in Kessex Hills, Queensdale, Brisban Wildlands, Caledon Forest, or Gendarran Fields? Any of those Toxic Offshoots should count towards the Toxic Gardener daily.

The toxic gardener daily does not appear to be working, I tried it today in a few different places and it didnt work, as did many other people, in the below forum post.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Bug-Toxic-Gardener/first#post3270939

in Tower of Nightmares

Previous

Autumn Frazee.3158

Living World QA Embed

We are investigating the issue; I will be tracking the main forum post that Sianon has linked, please look there for updates.

in Tower of Nightmares

Posted by: aGenda.2358

aGenda.2358

I just started playing again after a very long hiatus, and i have no idea WTF is going on because all the content I missed has already been removed. I guess I should read wikipedia to find out all the content and story that they’ve already removed from the game, although it’s probably more convenient to just not try to get back into the game and uninstall.